Code of Conduct
Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,840 of 6365

Default Re: What do you wear if,

A condom, i suppose.

GunnBBang

Plural or singluar...

I mean fragrances.

WADERS! And so should she cuz
    nothing beats a woman in waders!

- Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    A condom, I suppose.
    Bang on the money. Especially if we're speaking plural...

Massiveattack1987

Tobacco Vanille

And you think this topic is appropriate? lol

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post
    WADERS! And so should she cuz
    nothing beats a woman in waders!

Thats a nice pair of fish she has their.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    A condom, i suppose.
    Ahahahah omg classic!!

Op check out this thread (all 63 pages of it), that should keep you busy for a while.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

Pink rubber gloves, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by jack hunter View Post
    thats a nice pair of fish she has there.
    lol!

A smile.

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Clive Christian 'X' works well, but so does Chanel Platinum Egoiste. Versace Dreamer used to work back in the day too.

I got two compliments today from girls I work with. One said I smelled so clean and the other commented on how wonderful I smelled. I was wearing Encre Noire for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by JonVengeance View Post
    I got two compliments today from girls I work with. One said I smelled so clean and the other commented on how wonderful I smelled. I was wearing Encre Noire for the first time.
    Good job- Encre Noire is great stuff. Interesting that she described it as "clean" which is not how I would describe it, but maybe she caught its green note

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    Good job- Encre Noire is great stuff. Interesting that she described it as "clean" which is not how I would describe it, but maybe she caught its green note
    I had a friend who smelled Encre Noire and also called it "clean". Probably the green note, like you said.

Then again, she also thought Tobacco Vanille smelled like strawberries and Carnal Flower smelled like "grandma powder."

I know I've posted on this thread a few years back but my tastes have changed a little as has my collection.

Head and shoulders above anything else Creed Himilaya, MI and Bois du Portugal have gained me the most compliments. Some even from random strangers.

Coming in a close second is Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

I've had many compliments for Polo Blue, quite a lot for Creed's MI.....

But nothing has seen the crazy-s$^# happen to women I encounter when I am wearing my ultimate chick-magnet fragrance that I discovered purely by accident ..... and now it's all I ever need or use to fire-up all types of women ....no...really....I've got to share it........I was working and camping in a very remote and uninhabited region, my good old dog my only companion...realised I had not brought any deodorant or fragrance --- or soap even!! ...so I used my dog's soap to wash with ....the the first road-house I got to I bought a spray bottle of Brut-33 (not the anitperspirent but the "deodorant")
    Upon returing further into the civilised world I was met with incredible, amazing compliments from almost all the women I encountered---
    There you have it ---- bath and lather yourself with dog soap such as this : http://www.pawlux.com/skinny-skinny-...fetching-dog-s
    and spray liberal gushes of our Father's Father's favorite classic; Brut-33 onto yourselves and watch women go absolutely enchantedly batshit when they smell you

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by chinamang View Post

But nothing has seen the crazy-s$^# happen to women I encounter when I am wearing my ultimate chick-magnet fragrance that I discovered purely by accident ..... and now it's all I ever need or use to fire-up all types of women ....no...really....I've got to share it........I was working and camping in a very remote and uninhabited region, my good old dog my only companion...realised I had not brought any deodorant or fragrance --- or soap even!! ...so I used my dog's soap to wash with ....the the first road-house I got to I bought a spray bottle of Brut-33 (not the anitperspirent but the "deodorant")
    Upon returing further into the civilised world I was met with incredible, amazing compliments from almost all the women I encountered---
    There you have it ---- bath and lather yourself with dog soap such as this : http://www.pawlux.com/skinny-skinny-...fetching-dog-s
    and spray liberal gushes of our Father's Father's favorite classic; Brut-33 onto yourselves and watch women go absolutely enchantedly batshit when they smell you
    I think I'll pass.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

I know this is getting old but got a compliment from my local pharmacist today. I put it on 5 hours before and she noticed it from about 3 feet away. She asked the name and said "I have to get it for my husband"

Creed Aventus

Yeah - Ill definately pass on that too. Not sure if this guy was serious or not ...

You wash your dog when camping?

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I know this is getting old but got a compliment from my local pharmacist today. I put it on 5 hours before and she noticed it from about 3 feet away. She asked the name and said "I have to get it for my husband"

Creed Aventus
    I gots to get that stuff. I am a sloot for compliments

LOL. You have made my night.

A new dilemma for Basenoters: dog wash or Brut? I guess it depends on the dog wash.

My brand new GIT arrived in the mail today and I decided to wear it to a work dinner this evening to test it out, and while I was walking with one of my beautiful coworkers to her car, she suddenly goes, ohhh you smell really good!! I've worked with her for over 3 years and never received a compliment out of all the colognes I've wore to work and other occasions, haha we'll that's until today, wow...

Thought this qualifies for a posting!
    Some of you know and alot of you may not know but my work occassionally takes into the company of minor celeb's.
    Spent several hours with this lady had lunch with her durring the course of the day! In the afternoon she turns around and states that she loves the way I smell and what is it called. Forgot about the scent I put on earlier in the morning (some eight hours before). She asked me what it was Marquis de Sade 1740.
    The name of the celeb is Monica Bellucci.

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Thought this qualifies for a posting!
    Some of you know and alot of you may not know but my work occassionally takes into the company of minor celeb's.
    Spent several hours with this lady had lunch with her durring the course of the day! In the afternoon she turns around and states that she loves the way I smell and what is it called. Forgot about the scent I put on earlier in the morning (some eight hours before). She asked me what it was Marquis de Sade 1740.
    The name of the celeb is Monica Bellucci.
    O_O
    Amazing!

That's an achievement Aventus and GIT haven't made yet!

You're lucky Kccparis :
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Member

A female friend of mine sat down between me and another guy on the couch last night. She said that we both smelled nice and came in for closer inspection on each of us. I won. Creed Aventus vs Curve for Men. No brainer.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hienlinh99 View Post
    HELLO!!!I have bottles of all three, but I guess they are primarily for my enjoyment. Luckily, my wife likes those three well enough. She likes AA the best of the 3.
    replica shoes
    Eau de Spam?

Comme des Garcons 2
    TM Pure Havane
    Montale Black Aoud
    TM Pure Malt
    Amouage Reflection

Dependent

My female friend went crazy after smelling it on me. Her first reaction, "youre going to start attracting attention from girls if you continue smelling this good!"

Dior Homme (vintage) it is.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I get compliments whenever I wear Kenneth Cole-Black, Chanel-Allure Homme, and Polo-Blue.

Versace eau fraiche has been working wonders in this Australian summer right now. Lots of compliments.

kouros and rive gauche,,women get mad,,specially with kouros.

HEy whatsup everyone? This might be a little offtopic but im going to a big get together next friday and want to get a new cologne /add something new to my fragrance collection. I was thinking about going with DIOR HOMME INTENSE since I heard it lasts a long time and alot of people consider it to be a top 5 fragrance of all time ? DHI good pick or what ???

Quote Originally Posted by mortl View Post
    HEy whatsup everyone? This might be a little offtopic but im going to a big get together next friday and want to get a new cologne /add something new to my fragrance collection. I was thinking about going with DIOR HOMME INTENSE since I heard it lasts a long time and alot of people consider it to be a top 5 fragrance of all time ? DHI good pick or what ???
    It sure is, whether it's reformulation or vintage, doesn't matter..

Is DHI just DH but stronger, or does it smell different? I'm not a big fan of DH (like it dont love it) so dont want to get something that is just a stronger version of the same thing.

A lot of people think its smells slightly different, but if you dont like DH, generally you wont like DHI.

Kind of like EDT vs EDP in the same frag. A lot of people think they smell slightly different (Terre d' Hermes for example)

Midnight in Paris EDP has gotten compliments in the last few days. Very similar to DHI except minus the lipstick/iris note.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Midnight in Paris EDP has gotten compliments in the last few days. Very similar to DHI except minus the lipstick/iris note.
    WHOAH! Sound like I have to try this!!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Is DHI just DH but stronger, or does it smell different? I'm not a big fan of DH (like it dont love it) so dont want to get something that is just a stronger version of the same thing.
    Smells very different to me. Don't really like DH but I'm crazy about my vintage DHI.

I've actually gotten many compliments from CDG Hinoki. I've gotten compliments from women in their early twenties all the way to mid fifties.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    I've actually gotten many compliments from CDG Hinoki. I've gotten compliments from women in their early twenties all the way to mid fifties.
    So glad you said that. I have a sample of Hinoki on the way and was wondering if women would like it

Two votes for Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin today.

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies too,

Being a lady I hope it';s OK to post an opinion and a question for this topic. I love the tabacco type scents on a man as long as they aren't too sweet or too pungent. So my list would have to start with Tabarome Milliseme and then the old Lagerfeld (is that even still in production?) and on the lighter side Aqua Di Gio.

My question is this... If men wear fragrance to attract women, is it any wonder women would love wearing the fragrances that they love on men? I ask this because I am oh so guilty of indulging myself with a bit of my husband's Aqua Di Go and I personally wear Tabarome when I can afford it.

Do men ever want to wear a fragrance they like on a woman? OK is this getting too weird?

Katherine D Armagh

I am a smoker, so unless I'm freshly showered or wearing something strong I tend to not get compliments. Sad but true, although coworkers always have positive things to say about B*Men for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    So glad you said that. I have a sample of Hinoki on the way and was wondering if women would like it
    FYI, I don't think of this as a "mainstream" woman wooing fragrance. For me it's a "my type of woman" attracting frag. I like women who like to hike, climb, and explore...and generally they are attracted to woody frags amongst others.

Granted, I work with many of the women who've given me compliments on Hinoki, but they're almost always the ones I want to get compliments from. Plus, I love the fragrance.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Quote Originally Posted by cavecanis View Post
    Hello Gentlemen and Ladies too,

Being a lady I hope it';s OK to post an opinion and a question for this topic. I love the tabacco type scents on a man as long as they aren't too sweet or too pungent. So my list would have to start with Tabarome Milliseme and then the old Lagerfeld (is that even still in production?) and on the lighter side Aqua Di Gio.

My question is this... If men wear fragrance to attract women, is it any wonder women would love wearing the fragrances that they love on men? I ask this because I am oh so guilty of indulging myself with a bit of my husband's Aqua Di Go and I personally wear Tabarome when I can afford it.

Do men ever want to wear a fragrance they like on a woman? OK is this getting too weird?

Katherine D Armagh
    This is a forum where people from around the world discuss colognes and perfumes. If you think your question is too weird, you havent seen anything yet. Someone might even get into an argument with me for using the word "cologne".

In the last week Creed Aventus and Terre d'Hermes (pure parfum) have garnered a few compliments for me. The only reason I know of these fragrances (and subsequently sought out samples of each) is because of this forum. I am so grateful that I found the site!

Been getting mad compliments with Dior Homme lately. This is the most compliments I ever gotten on a fragrance. That includes Le Male, La Nuit, L'homme, Armani Code, Chanel Allure and soo many more.

A friend of mine told me he is in a relationship with a girl.
    He went shopping with her to a Mexx store for some clothing.
    The store had some fragrances and they tested them.
    He said his girlfriend goes completely gaga over a Mexx fragrance and he needs to wear it every time they see each other.
    I forgot the name, and I can't find it online. He said it was Ä15 for a 50ml + a 20 or 30ml travel spray.
    He sprayed some on my arm because he wanted to know my opinion.
    It was bland, boring, fresh, aquatic with a woody touch. It disappeared on my skin after 1 hour.
    Quite frankly the biggest trash I have smelled in a long time, still she goes crazy over it.
    The twist to this story is that he has a huge collection, ranging from Dior Homme and La Nuit to Musc Ravageur, Mazzolari's, Montale's, Histoire de Parfums and he even owns 1 Amouage. (I think Lyric Man)
    Maybe the girl has poor taste, maybe she wanted to add a fragrance to his wardrobe that has her name written all over it, I don't know. Let's not try to find a logical explanation for it. You might want to keep it in mind when you're plunging down a lot of money to get the next "panty dropper". I know I will.

This is one of the reasons I think this is such a great topic. Fragrance is so incredibly subjective with few exceptions. Given that in a population there will be some scents most everyone likes, then there are the ones that make you go "hmmmmm."

Like one called "Zizanie" which was worn by Sinatra. It was described as a patchouli, sandalwood, tobacco type of masculine scent. But I found it to be almost cloyingly sweet and very heavy and fruity. I couldn't discern the patchouli or the the tobacco notes at all. But he must have loved it so go figure. I wouldn't have dated him if he wore that around me!

I think people also associate scent with emotion and at a very raw level too. If you hated your father and he wore British Sterling then you're going to hate British Sterling too. (of course it is awful anyway but you get my drift.)

Maybe your friend's new lady was raised in a household where those less expensive fragrances were common and if there was a lot of love and comfort there too, it would make sense that she makes the connection albeit subconsciously and wants to feel the same way when she's with him.

Best regards,
    Katherine d'Armagh

Quote Originally Posted by cavecanis View Post
    I think people also associate scent with emotion and at a very raw level too. If you hated your father and he wore British Sterling then you're going to hate British Sterling too. (of course it is awful anyway but you get my drift.)
    That's a good point and a valid one too ... I absolutely hated one of my prof for some other reason. He used to wear Issey Miyaki everyday to school. And every time I smell Issey, it reminds me of him. I absolutely hate the fragrance also just for that reason.

Coworker gushed yesterday stating, "I don't know what you're wearing but it is my new favorite fragrance!"

The culprit? What else...Aventus.
    Looking to swapÖlook for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Received one yesterday while I was wearing Cartier Must

Have gotten compliments on Rive Gauche, …goÔste and Ambre Narguilť over the last week or so, all from women in their late late teens and early twenties. Interesting enough, one of the Ambre Narguilť compliments was a surprised laughter followed by her licking my neck while sniffing it Very interesting reaction I already wanted to get a full bottle, but this makes it even more fun to get ^^
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

My girlfriend noticed Gendarme EDP version on me today, and It was after 12 hours application....truly amazing longevity

Cool What scents do women find attractive?

http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...-man-smell.htm

An interesting study concludes "Citrus, baby powder and Good n Plenty candy". Golly women like citruses, powders and gourmands gee would have never guessed (Le Male, Acqua di Gio, 1 Million) lol. Also, they don't seem too fond of cherry or BBQ....the latter probably includes the tar note in A*Men.

Default Re: What scents do women find attractive?

Interesting article, but very general and not about perfumistas.

I can't stand baby powder and I like cumin.

Thank you for sharing this. It gives insight to what Jane Average likes.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Banned

I would avoid fishy at any cost ...

Not a fan of citrus and don't think I'd want to go out with a guy that smells like a licorice-scented candy. Now a guy who smells like Musc Kublai Kahn is another story! It's sexy in all the right, dirty ways. Or Musc Ravageur. Thats another one that would make me want to jump a man....so I can steal his perfume bottle!

Warm, dirty, spicy scents seem to be the kind of scents I'm drawn to on a man. That or tobacco. I love anything with a good tobacco note. Or leather. Or......ok, now I'm getting carried away