Code of Conduct
Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,900 of 6365

Default Re: What scents do women find attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    ... and I like cumin.
    Yes..and cumin. Cumin is good too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    i would avoid fishy at any cost ...

lol

i think this article is done in at least 2 magazines every month. Also what bbq have you been eating that smells like tar?
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Calone. Women like calone.

And wearing baby powder doesn't make me feel relaxed. Lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Interesting article, but very general and not about perfumistas.
    Thank you for sharing this. It gives insight to what Jane Average likes.
    Spot on. If you asked the ladies here on basenotes the results would be very different. I hate candy smells in perfumes and while I occasionally enjoy powder on myself I don't know if I would on a male. My preferences in male scents very much agree with those of AutumnLeaves.

Mine.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Redundant question in my opinion. It depends on the woman. Every woman is unique.

Never give much thought to what other women find attractive - only my wife.

Whatever fragrance I happen to be wearing on any given day.

Jane Does are the reason why the likes of Acqua di Gio, L'Homme, and 1 Million dominate the sales charts. Heck I have 2 of these 3 because my gf loves them (and she loves AdG too). I love to sit in M7 all day but she doesn't care for it
    But her favorite is Muscs Koublai Khan so that's a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    I would avoid fishy at any cost ...

LMAO!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

1.) subjective
    2.) by my experience - aromatic, woody aromatic but all in all fresh - for instance in my case considering women, that is what they liked the most on me - Davidoff Cool Water, azzaro silver black, boss in motion black, dirty english, cerruti pour homme, versace pour homme, Bvlgari Aqua, Carolina Herrera Chic for men etc. I've bolded up the ones that made the most impact on women both qualitatively and quantitatively.

It would seem, not that the women actually LIKE those scents in general as much as they like those scents on ME! So obviously they go well with my skin chemistry, character, looks or whatever.

honorable mention - Gucci Envy for men, YSL La Nuit De L'Homme, Moschino Uomo.

There is still a lot of debate about pheromones, it's still quite a lot of "yes", "maybe" and "no's" among scientists.

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Jo Malone Amber and Lavender got me some compliments right in the door to work today.

When I first got YSL L'Homme I loved it and so did everyone around me.

By far it is my signature scent will never be without it. As well as it always garners plenty of compliments, from female co-workers saying I smell good, to male coworkers asking me what scent I'm wearing, to women walking behind me in the mall running to me saying you smell very good (this has amazingly happened many of times).

Versace Man Eau Fraiche also gets compliments.

I feel as tho Dolce & Gabbana The One, and Rochas Man would also get a lot of compliments if they projected more.

Banned

co-worker: are you wearing cologne or man-spray?

me: yes

co-worker: it smells lovely. it reminds me of a sun-soaked meadow...

fragrance - Terre d'Hermes

I nearly got mauled by 3 Women one night while waiting in town for my friends. All 3 couldn't stop smelling me - Rochas Man. Also, seem to get a lot of compliments while wearing YSL La Nuit, but think everyone does with that dirty dirty fragrance.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

[QUOTE=Connoisseur;1253773]I had a dinner date interrupted last week by a waitress that wasn't our own. Apparently I had walked by her coming in and she just had to know what fragrance I was wearing. She was so cute and apologetic for the interruption. I told her it was Millesime Imperial by Creed. She smiled and handed me a piece of paper and a pen asking if I could write down the name for her. She asked me where I got it and how much it cost me so I told her about Ebay and roughly the price to expect to pay. She shrugged it off saying she would pay anything to have her boyfriend smell like that.

Creed MI is by far my most complemented as of late. Six months ago's champion was probably Geir, closely followed by Fluid Man, Lanvin l'Homme and Mediterraneum.

This Fragrance goes rancid very quick and its far too sweet, Most of the times I have worn it people think I must be gay or trying to hide very bad B.O. The fragrance which still and always gets the females going in my own experience, and belive me I have a wardrobe of fragrances which would buy a few bespoke suits from Saville Row, is actually, one of the cheapests and most profound fragrances. Every woman and even men (may be I do look a bit gay) LOL, is Rochas Man. Another which gets women especially in stores, when you just passing them is Noir.

Im surprised someon hasnt invented called Money. That would be the one!

Quote Originally Posted by buyers_remorse View Post
    Im surprised someon hasnt invented called Money. That would be the one!
    Your wish has come true. http://www.firebox.com/product/4989/Money-Fragrance

For now, no scents get compliments.

They are more attracted if you have a masculine look, the scents they know are only temporary

Quote Originally Posted by DAX View Post
    They are more attracted if you have a masculine look, the scents they know are only temporary
    I can't speak for all women of course but for me, that is SO not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    I can't speak for all women of course but for me, that is SO not the case.

i meant that compliments are only temporary, and if its actually a long term relationship that needs permanent qualities from the male

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

[QUOTE=buyers_remorse;2454458]
    Quote Originally Posted by Connoisseur View Post
    .... is actually, one of the cheapests .....
    What you wrote brought to mind a very specific scent...STETSON. It's cheap and most likely not held in very high regard but I absolutely adore it on a man. It's imprinted on my brain. My very first lover wore Stetson. Now, I can pick up on the smallest whiff of it and it instantly changes my perception of the man wearing it. It induces instant, um, we'll say "snuggly" blush-inducing feelings. I wish more men wore it....or maybe that's a bad idea

Rochas man realllly? The only time someone said somethingg to me about was when onee of my good guy friends went to mee and ssaid are you wearing armani code and I toold him the namee. It smells alright but doesntt lastt long at all. U hhave to really breathe it in to get the smelll in my opinion. Also stetson sucks!!! Will never ever own that bs. I would rather wear axe spray

Quote Originally Posted by mortl View Post
    Also stetson sucks!!! Will never ever own that bs. I would rather wear axe spray
    Well, I know one man Stetson worked well for! I never claimed Stetson is a high quality juice....just that it's scent association has an effect on me. I stand behind Stetson Axe on the other hand, UGH, any of that nasty stuff would have me running away, repulsed, so I definitely agree on that one!

Rochas man realllly? The only time someone said somethingg to me about was when onee of my good guy friends went to mee and ssaid are you wearing armani code and I toold him the namee. It smells alright but doesntt lastt long at all. U hhave to really breathe it in to get the smelll in my opinion. Also stetson sucks!!! Will never ever own that bs. I would rather wear axe spray
    I think a lot of females would love the smell of Rochas Man. I just got the scent Sun and my girlfriend hates sweet scents but she continues telling me that it smells real good. The scent is enticing to women.....if it had more projection I'm sure this scent would be able to grab a womans attention quickly in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Caskey View Post
    I actually just recently got this cologne. I wasn't expecting very much from it, but yet I was still rather disappointed. To me, only the light, airy citrus is detectable, and the money scent seems to be absent.

^you forget to say what scent it was hah

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

APOM, LN and AU Fort'e ELIXIRS from Francis Kurkdjian get me the most compliments from men and women.

Who makes Musc Kublai Kahn. is that the same one by ""Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan""

I nearly got mauled by 3 Women one night while waiting in town for my friends. All 3 couldn't stop smelling me - Rochas Man. Also, seem to get a lot of compliments while wearing YSL La Nuit, but think everyone does with that dirty dirty fragrance.
    Most chicks love La Nuit but i got my first anti-compliment on it last night.

Was on a first date when she sniffed me and said "It's too sweet"

I asked what she liked and she said woody scents-she's in her 30's so that is a major factor I suppose.

That's fine with me-I'll hit her with one of those next time-maybe I'll knock her socks off with LDDM

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post

I asked what she liked and she said woody scents-she's in her 30's so that is a major factor I suppose.

That's fine with me-I'll hit her with one of those next time-maybe I'll knock her socks off with LDDM
    I guess La Nuit will be more for the younger crowd? Or perhaps its just subjective due to personal perferences hahaha. But it is really a little sweet though. IMO its more suited for nightspots.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    I guess La Nuit will be more for the younger crowd? Or perhaps its just subjective due to personal perferences hahaha. But it is really a little sweet though. IMO its more suited for nightspots.
    My 40 year-old wife loves La Nuit.

patiently waiting for my bottle of Dior Homme Intense to arrive - AH THE ANTICIPATION!!! i have high expectations and cant wait to use it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post

My gf also told me La Nuit was too sweet. I didn't care for it anyway. The original is better, IMO.

patiently waiting for my bottle of Dior Homme Intense to arrive - AH THE ANTICIPATION!!! i have high expectations and cant wait to use it!!!
    I can't seem to find this fragrance anywhere except eBay, where it's ridiculously overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    My gf also told me La Nuit was too sweet. I didn't care for it anyway. The original is better, IMO.
    How long does the original usually last on you? I swear it vanishes on me after around half an hour (If I'm lucky). When I sampled it in the shop it seemed a lot stronger, bought it online and now questioning if it might be a fake or just a bad batch.

How long does the original usually last on you? I swear it vanishes on me after around half an hour (If I'm lucky). When I sampled it in the shop it seemed a lot stronger, bought it online and now questioning if it might be a fake or just a bad batch.

Don't remember. My sample ran out. I don't remember it being a longevity monster though.

Again, Creed Aventus made it.

I just can't believe how women get crazy about this stuff.

I work with a lot of women, and everyday I get comments.

And apparently, the stuff is really strong. Even if I cannot smell it on me, they can still smell it.

Now, I only apply 2-3 sprays to the chest max.

I have also bought GReen Irish Tweed last week and my wife felt in love with this scent right at the first sniff.

However, I haven't tried yet at the office.

But for the moment Aventus worth the 300 $

The ratio $/positive sexy female coworker is very high with this scent
    Tristan Lavoie
    Marié, infidèle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

La Nuit easily lasts 4-5 hours on me

Maybe one of the ingredients is giving you olfactory fatigue (fake is possible i guess depending on the source)

Try an experiment- apply, go out for the evening, and ask someone every hour of so if they can smell it

I've received about 5 positive remarks today on Armand Basi in Blue.

I don't know who the nose behind this is, but it smells like an Alberto Morillas creation to my nose. (I know he is the credited nose for Armand Basi in Red.)

This fragrance gets no love in the reviews section of BN, but I think it's quite nice.

The projection is a strong medium, and the longevity is eternal.

TOP: coriander, mandarin, grapefruit, bergamot

MID: black currant, pepper, neroli, lotus

BASE: patchouli, woods, oakmoss
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Current Counts:

Creed Aventus:
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Creed Green Irish Tweed:
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Georgio Armani Aqua di Gio:
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Everything else: Insignificant

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Current Counts:

Creed Aventus:
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Creed Green Irish Tweed:
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Georgio Armani Aqua di Gio:
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Everything else: Insignificant
    Was that an estimation? I do remember Aventus being mentioned 'ALOT' in this thread though.
    Current Top 5:
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir

Again with Aventus last night. I probably got about 10 compliments on how good my cologne smelled, some of them being very very enthusiastic. Most of these girls were around 20.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

The winner...is...AVENTUS!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

1 million gets me the most complements. Sooooooo good

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Again with Aventus last night. I probably got about 10 compliments on how good my cologne smelled, some of them being very very enthusiastic. Most of these girls were around 20.
    How many sprays, and where did you apply it, if i may ask?

I've heard people saying 2/3 sprays of Aventus is enough but i've applied four sprays in the past (2 on neck, 2 on chest) and i haven't been able to smell it after an hour, neither have the people around me.

Default Re: What do you wear if,

Two strikes for Sycomore on one day.

Dirty English nearly got me raped yesterday. No joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC View Post
    How many sprays, and where did you apply it, if i may ask?

I've heard people saying 2/3 sprays of Aventus is enough but i've applied four sprays in the past (2 on neck, 2 on chest) and i haven't been able to smell it after an hour, neither have the people around me.
    One spray to the chest. Plenty of compliments.
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Hi guys. I tallied your thread.

This was originally intended as a personal project, so a few scents are conspicuously absent. Namely Bulgari Black, Gucci Envy, and Chanel Egoiste because I've tested them and decided they're not for me. Also L'eau D'Issey and Burberry Brit because I own them. Furthermore, tried to omit scents that are widely regarded as "Old man" scents or are famous for giving the "cigars and whiskey" vibe because that's not me.

I tried to only count actual compliments, not recommendations from the various "panty dropper" threads that got merged into this one. I also discounted compliments from old ladies, 3-year-olds, and men.

Green Irish Tweed 123
    Aventus 92
    Millesime Imperiale 84
    La Nuit de l'Homme 83
    Allure Homme Sport 61
    Body Kouros 61
    Acqua di Gio pour Homme 55
    A*Men 54
    Silver Mountain Water 52
    Terre D'hermes 51
    Dior Homme 46
    Rive Gauche pour Homme 45
    Platinum Egoiste 44
    Cool Water 43
    Rochas Man 43
    Allure Homme 40
    Armani Code 40
    Musc Ravageur 39
    Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme 37
    M7 36
    Le Male 33
    Black Aoud 31
    Burberry London for Men 31
    Chrome 29
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme 26

So what's important to note here is that Green Irish Tweed Has been getting compliments on this thread for about 8 years now. Aventus is in strong second place with less than 2 years of compliments! There has to be fucking unicorn blood in that stuff or something.

Anyway, since people have been complaining about how bad women's taste in scents is throughout this entire thread, I decided to cross-reference the above list with the ratings on this site. The values below are

(Positive reviews/Negative reviews) x (Total Reviews/Median reviews) + # of Compliments

So basically it's the ratio of positive:negative reviews weighted to account for the scent's popularity or lack thereof. Below are all scents that scored above 10 with the number of mentions in this thread on the right. Since I used the previous tallies, this only includes niche scents mentioned within the last 20 or so pages.

Green Irish Tweed // 151.22 // 123
    Millesime Imperiale // 107.47 // 84
    Aventus // 99.08 // 92
    La Nuit de l'Homme // 87.47 // 83
    Body Kouros // 81.11 // 61
    Terre D'hermes // 80.98 // 51
    Rive Gauche pour Homme // 80 // 45
    Burberry London for Men // 74.38 // 31
    Allure Homme Sport // 71.17 // 61
    A*Men // 67.89 // 54
    Silver Mountain Water // 67.89 // 52
    Acqua di Gio pour Homme // 66.6 // 55
    Rochas Man // 66.32 // 43
    Dior Homme // 63.89 // 46
    Armani Code // 61.01 // 40
    Escada Homme // 60.76 // 1
    M7 // 59.56 // 36
    Musc Ravageur // 58.94 // 39
    Allure Homme // 57.13 // 40
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme // 56.81 // 26
    Platinum Egoiste // 55.21 // 44
    Cool Water // 55.07 // 43
    Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme // 51.93 // 37
    Azzaro pour Homme // 48.2 // 10
    Encre Noire // 47.54 // 13
    John Varvatos // 45.07 // 15
    Le Male // 44.71 // 33
    The Dreamer // 43.02 // 25
    Himalaya // 41.93 // 11
    L'air du Desert Marocain // 39.61 // 15
    Dior Homme Intense // 38.64 // 23
    Black Aoud // 37.14 // 31
    Ungaro III // 35.98 // 12
    Chrome // 35.04 // 29
    By Man // 34.72 // 7
    Very Sexy for Him // 34.24 // 10
    Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree // 34.19 // 1
    A*Men Pure Malt // 33.2 // 22
    Patou pour Homme // 32.79 // 6
    Ambre Precieux // 32.55 // 2
    H.M. // 32.13 // 25
    New York (Parfums de nicolai) // 32.11 // 1
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme // 31.91 // 5
    Hermessence Ambre Narguile // 31.09 // 2
    Tobacco Vanille // 30.97 // 19
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin // 30.69 // 20
    Havana // 30.16 // 14
    Vetiver (Guerlain) // 30.12 // 9
    Fahrenheit // 30.11 // 15
    Fierce // 29.53 // 22
    Must de Cartier pour Homme // 28.67 // 2
    Chergui // 28.15 // 13
    Tea for Two // 27.12 // 2
    Jicky // 26.74 // 1
    Eau de Cartier // 26.68 // 1
    Live Jazz // 26.67 // 8
    Mugler Cologne // 26.55 // 13
    Opium pour Homme // 26.54 // 16
    Original Vetiver // 25.63 // 17
    Muscs Koublai Khan // 25.49 // 9
    Bulgari Aqua pour Homme // 25.03 // 15
    Tuscany // 24.73 // 5
    Rose 31 // 24.14 // 15
    Pi // 23.13 // 15
    L'homme (YSL) // 23.06 // 13
    Yatagan // 22.62 // 8
    Iquitos // 22.21 // 1
    Boss Bottled // 21.9 // 11
    Eau Savage // 21.61 // 1
    Acqua di Parma Colonia // 21.42 // 7
    1 Million // 21.25 // 16
    Gucci Pour homme II // 21.18 // 7
    Obsession for Men // 21.18 // 7
    Michael for Men // 21.11 // 10
    Unbound for Men // 20.94 // 7
    Curve for Men // 20.86 // 16
    Bleu de Chanel // 20.36 // 18
    Fuel for Life pour Homme // 20.26 // 18
    A*Men Pure Havane // 19.78 // 11
    Basala // 19.67 // 1
    Old Spice // 19.2 // 6
    Castile // 19 // 5
    Black XS // 18.93 // 14
    Versace pour Homme // 18.63 // 15
    Carnal Flower // 18.43 // 5
    New Haarlem // 18.42 // 8
    Kouros // 18.28 // 7
    Xeryus Rouge // 18.27 // 11
    Polo Modern Reserve // 17.87 // 4
    Derby // 17.82 // 1
    Dirty English // 17.72 // 10
    Nemo // 17.36 // 1
    Blue Amber // 17.28 // 1
    Polo // 16.91 // 3
    Ambre Sultan // 16.73 // 7
    Bulgari pour Homme Extreme // 16.6 // 9
    Concentre d'orange verte // 16.34 // 1
    Bleecker Street // 15.89 // 12
    Noir de Noir // 15.64 // 2
    Vetiver Extraordinaire // 15.47 // 3
    Versace Man eau Fraiche // 15.36 // 11
    Number 3 // 15.28 // 3
    Santal Noble // 14.9 // 1
    Emporio Armani He // 14.58 // 1
    Polo Blue // 14.52 // 11
    Touch for Men // 14.46 // 8
    Polo Double Black // 14.33 // 8
    Hugo // 14.15 // 11
    Dia for Men // 14.15 // 1
    Chic for Men // 14.11 // 3
    Eternity for Men // 14.07 // 10
    Esencia Loewe // 14.01 // 1
    Geir // 14.01 // 9
    Iris Poudre // 13.08 // 1
    Eau des Baux // 12.91 // 2
    Joop! Homme // 12.9 // 8
    Original Santal // 12.8 // 9
    Reaction for Men // 12.67 // 10
    Paestum Rose // 12.62 // 1
    Tam Dao // 12.49 // 1
    Dunhill Edition // 12.18 // 6
    Bowling Green // 11.91 // 1
    Virgin Island Water // 11.85 // 2
    Straight to Heaven // 11.83 // 9
    Lyric Man // 11.75 // 1
    Riverside Drive // 11.65 // 10
    Amouage Homage // 11.61 // 1
    No. 88 // 11.6 // 1
    parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru // 11.51 // 1
    Jubilation XXV // 11.35 // 6
    The One for Men // 11.27 // 5
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche // 10.8 // 4
    Bogart pour Homme // 10.56 // 5
    Dior Homme Sport // 10.38 // 7
    Euphoria Men Intense // 10.36 // 4
    Bulgari pour Homme // 10.21 // 1

I noticed a reaction when I tested Tom Ford for Men last week (I found it pleasant but not especially interesting). No one commented on the scent as such but women of all ages complemented me on something else, e.g., my Australian messenger bag, my dog, etc. On the other hand, my dog attracts a huge amount of female attention. One day I left her tied up outside a store for a minute and, when I came out, half a dozen very attractive teenage girls were photographing her with their cell phones.

tom ford for men is fantastic,,very underated,,

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Excelent Job!!!! Thank you for all the hard work

I think that we can conclude that Aventus is going to be number one on this thread in only a few months

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post

This was originally intended as a personal project, so a few scents are conspicuously absent. Namely Bulgari Black, Gucci Envy, and Chanel Egoiste because I've tested them and decided they're not for me. Also L'eau D'Issey and Burberry Brit because I own them. Furthermore, tried to omit scents that are widely regarded as "Old man" scents or are famous for giving the "cigars and whiskey" vibe because that's not me.
    that list is very extensive bro! I was just wondering about the number of compliments and all a few days back and this pop'ed out. Well done man! Really appreciate your effort in doing something like this
    Current Top 5:
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir

Last night Musc Ravageur again

Hmm, maybe I will look at Tom Ford for Men again. I did like it but probably got put off by the BN comments that Tom Ford Extreme was much better (I have a sample of Extreme but haven't used it yet). Plus the regular is only about half as much. Seemed smooth and refined. Not every scent has to be a shock wave though.

I own all of the top 5... except for the #1. Meh, I always felt it smelled just like Cool Water. Got a sample, wore it, and it continously got mistaken for Cool Water so I decided not to buy it. Maybe I should take another wiff again...

Green Irish Tweed 123
    Aventus 92
    Millesime Imperiale 84
    La Nuit de l'Homme 83
    Allure Homme Sport 61
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

To me, Green Irish Tweed does not smell much at all like Cool Water. There is only a general family resemblance, which makes sense, as they had the same father. Probably most women who complement GIT just register "great scent" and a few who know Cool Water think, "Great scent. Is it Cool Water?" This is a bit like being mistaken for one's more sophisticated, richer, better dressed, and better looking older brother. It's a mistake a woman probably wouldn't make twice.
    Last edited by BurgundyMarsh; 22nd February 2012 at 04:13 PM.