Code of Conduct
Page 67 of 102 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 4,020 of 6079

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I always had great success with the original Escada (not the junk they put out now). The original Escada EDT has been discontinued from most stores and it's very difficult to find now. Pretty bummed that it's gone now.

Recently: YSL La Nuit De L'Homme, Hanae Mori. Want to try Aventus and the Bond scents. My biggest problem is finding a scent that sticks on me. That's why I veer towards EDP now instead of EDT.

I come across someone woman wearing Mitsouko, Bandit, or something like that, then it's usually mildly transforming and feels extremely good.

Android Menu

I've been getting a lot of compliments on Le Male lately but my #1 most complimented of all time is Versace Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    I've been getting a lot of compliments on Le Male lately but my #1 most complimented of all time is Versace Pour Homme.
    +1

Versace pour homme is getting a lot of compliments for me lately

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I got a compliment from a co-worker yesterday wearing
    Cristobal pour Homme de Balenciaga.
    She said she couldn't stop turning her head in my
    direction everytime I passed her.

my bottle of DIOR HOMME INTENSE arrived today! after quickly unwrapping it i sprayed a little on an index card. WOW!!! I CANT STOP SNIFFING IT! im pretty sure im giving myself a headache right not buuuuut its smells great. Cant wait to wear this tomorrow night at the bars

Terre D'Hermes and Bond No. 9 have been my two most complimented fragrances. I don't think a day has gone by where I have worn either and someone (man or woman) has not complimented me on those smells.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

So far for me, Creeds Original Santal, Chanel Allure, D&G light blue and YVES nuit de l'homme has been even for me. If I was going to pick one I like Creeds Original Santal (perhaps the most underrated of all the Creeds and IMHO the best one they have).

Quote Originally Posted by DrAdotP View Post
    Terre D'Hermes and Bond No. 9 have been my two most complimented fragrances. I don't think a day has gone by where I have worn either and someone (man or woman) has not complimented me on those smells.
    Which Bond? There are a couple dozen.

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMePlease View Post
    I always had great success with the original Escada (not the junk they put out now). The original Escada EDT has been discontinued from most stores and it's very difficult to find now. Pretty bummed that it's gone now.

Recently: YSL La Nuit De L'Homme, Hanae Mori. Want to try Aventus and the Bond scents. My biggest problem is finding a scent that sticks on me. That's why I veer towards EDP now instead of EDT.
    i almost never see EDP for men...do you have any idea why?

Quote Originally Posted by RiveGaucheInstead View Post
    i almost never see EDP for men...do you have any idea why?
    I think EDT sells much better than EDP. Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but EDP is stronger than EDT so perhaps the increased strength is more expensive to produce?

Givenchy Play Intense,Sung Homme,Pure Coffee/Pure Havane and Givenchy Pi have gotten me compliments . But mostly Play Intense.
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmarionneaux View Post
    5. Armani Code by Armani
    Armani Code??? Really?? I'm thinking you can get it at Walgreen's these days....lol.

Don't mean to knock you, but the point is to be original. The scents "everyone has" probably won't separate you from the rest.
    Last edited by SmellMePlease; 2nd March 2012 at 05:17 AM.

Got a "you smell nice" today

Joop Nightflight on its first test run

Re: Which scent get's most female compliments:

I have to say first, as a general rule, most females like most men's colognes. They are not too picky and love many if not most of the scents. Having said that, I get the absolute most compliments from a select few. These colognes get comments from women I know and women I do not know. Whether in the south of the United States, out west, or in the Northeast, I get the same comments. These colognes are teh following:
    1.Abercrombie and Finch-Fierce
    2.Paco Rabanne-One Million
    3.Yves St Laurent-Lhommelibre
    4.Dolce and Gabann-The One

Yes, these are the "trendy" colognes, but, they are popular for a reason. Girls love these scents. Women young and old will compliment you on your scent. By far, Fierce gets the most compliments of any I have used. All 4 of these last a long time and will give you a great scent for 8 to 10 hours. The first three seem to get more intense during a workout at the gym at the end of the day. Beware, ladies at the gym will notice and make flattering comments! You can't go wrong with these! I promise. Some folks like to wear "original" disigner secents, but, why not wear what you like and what gets attention. Since most women like a good smelling guy and are not very picky, buy a winner that will wow them!

Givenchy Pour Homme and I've worn it for ten years. Keep coming back to it though Creeds BdP might be a close second based on how it smells on me. Doesn't seem to last long in my skin though.

I wear Givenchy and 10 hours later I'm like "damn I smell good! Anyone else smelling this? Single file ladies, no fighting!"

I have to like it myself if Im wearing it for hours. I get compliments on Tabarome but can't love it; something is off to me though the dry down is nice. I may sell that.

I love bergamot and sandalwood so generally I look for those notes. Might get Sandalwood edt by Art of Shaving because I love the shaving cream. Smells great on me.
    Last edited by Samarkand; 2nd March 2012 at 08:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    I wear Givenchy and 10 hours later I'm like "damn I smell good! Anyone else smelling this? Single file ladies, no fighting!"
    hah. nice.

Some more for Dior Homme, and one for Versace Pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Reformulation or Vintage? Both are great IMO
    Reformulated ... I haven't even tried the vintage. Either way, Dior Homme is one of the sexiest scents out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    I am surprised at how good this is. It is very similar to Chanel Allure Sport, but I get wayyy more compliments on this than AHS. And that says a lot.

A very very underrated fragrance in my opinion.

Smell lasts on me for 12+ hours.

Just curious....anyone have any experience with Annick Goutal? I see it everywhere in the dept. stores, but haven't read much about it.

Well, I found a combo that is really raking in the compliments. Worn it twice now and everyone seems to love it...best yet my wife who rarely makes a comment LOVES it.

I wish I could take credit for the weird layering idea, but it was inspired by fellow basenoter Thaifighter.

I'm layering 3 sprays of Montale Fougres Marines below one spray of Montale Black Aoud. Thaifighter has in his signature that he likes layering GIT and Black Aoud, which gave me the idea. THe sum of the two together are greater than the parts and I never would have thought of trying such different scents together.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

I get many compliments while wearing Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense (it's not listed on basenotes, why?) Girls say, that it's very elegant, drawing their attention, but not intruding.

Default The Official Fragrance Compliments Thread

Sup guys. So I was just thinking, most of us have heard the usual "u smell good!" compliment. But what about the unique compliments like "mmmm u smell like a dream!" or "OMG u smell good enough to eat!"?

As you get them, post the unique compliments u get.

I'll start it off with mine:

I wore Bond No 9 New Haarlem last night and my girl said "babe u smell like cinnoman toast crunch! I wanna eat u! Lol"

Default Re: The Official Fragrance Compliments Thread

I think there was a thread like this before...I remember commenting in it. Let me see if I can find it

This thread is so gonna get merged with the compliments sticky thread
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

I started a thread a while back about people telling you that you smell like something else. I don't rember the exact name of the thread though.

I'd also suggest merging with the previous thread on a similar theme

But meanwhile, almost instantly, as an unusual compliment, the situation when I got "remotely complimented" on Facebook for wearing Knize Ten by a person living about 200-300 km away from my town of residence and writing this compliment from the PC at her place came to my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I'd also suggest merging with the previous thread on a similar theme
    Agree.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

I have received the most compliments on Le Labo Poivre 23. Women literally run up to me asking me what fragerance am I wearing. Of course I tell them something else ( want to remain exclusive) and they go for it.

I personally believe there is no such thing as a 'compliment getter' when it comes to fragrances.
    No matter what you're wearing, it's you as person combined with the fragrance you are wearing which garners the compliments.

Example; if you're a serious person who is authoritative and perhaps even slightly unapproachable, it would make no difference if you were wearing the 'best' fragrance in the world, it's highly likely that you wouldn't gain a single compliment

On the other hand, if you're an outgoing person whom people warm to, you are very likely to receive many compliments, no matter what you have on.

What matters most above all else is your personal enjoyment of a fragrance and the memories or associations attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I get many compliments while wearing Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense (it's not listed on basenotes, why?) Girls say, that it's very elegant, drawing their attention, but not intruding.
    I own Prada Intense too - a great winter scent. Yes, strange that it's not on Basenotes.

Quote Originally Posted by delguy View Post
    I have received the most compliments on Le Labo Poivre 23. Women literally run up to me asking me what fragerance am I wearing. Of course I tell them something else ( want to remain exclusive) and they go for it.
    But they will go look for it and when they find what ever you said they'll be confused????

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    I personally believe there is no such thing as a 'compliment getter' when it comes to fragrances.
    No matter what you're wearing, it's you as person combined with the fragrance you are wearing which garners the compliments.

Example; if you're a serious person who is authoritative and perhaps even slightly unapproachable, it would make no difference if you were wearing the 'best' fragrance in the world, it's highly likely that you wouldn't gain a single compliment

On the other hand, if you're an outgoing person whom people warm to, you are very likely to receive many compliments, no matter what you have on.

What matters most above all else is your personal enjoyment of a fragrance and the memories or associations attached to it.
    +1. Personality plays a huge part in garnering positive comments. Sometimes I feel that appearance plays a small part too to be honest.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

+1

Being warm and friendly and approachable...and if the chemistry is good with the female company, guaranteed she will like your fragrance.

So, how do you explain the same person getting compliments everyone he/she wears a certain fragrance and not when wearing others.. The personality don't change from one day to the next. If it does, we got some other issues to worry about and not whether he our she gets a compliment. Just saying
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Even if you are very sexy, outgoing and all, if you smell like shit you will not have any compliments.

Blog Entries

I agree with Scentdawg and Psycho. I think scents do matter. I do NOT think you're being complimented on your personality when a woman runs up and compliments your cologne. I have sniffed out men I was not even attracted to, wondering what they're wearing.

Ah, the irony in the whole women approaching men, asking fragrance name, only to purchase it for their boyfriends/husbands...

Because I'm pretty sure if a man said, "Honey! I want you to smell like this woman I met the other day!" He'd get smacked.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    So, how do you explain the same person getting compliments everyone he/she wears a certain fragrance and not when wearing others.. The personality don't change from one day to the next. If it does, we got some other issues to worry about and not whether he our she gets a compliment. Just saying
    I see your point, but my view is that if you were more introverted, serious and less approachable, it's likely you wouldn't have received the compliment to begin with. Just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by RiveGaucheInstead View Post
    I agree with Scentdawg and Psycho. I think scents do matter. I do NOT think you're being complimented on your personality when a woman runs up and compliments your cologne. I have sniffed out men I was not even attracted to, wondering what they're wearing.
    My point was in relation to compliments from people who know you, or work with you.
    Of course we all get stopped/stop others on the street to ask what someone is wearing purely in relation to that specific fragrance and nothing whatsoever to with their persona, since they're a total stranger.
    I believe if you don't take a liking to someone you know, for whatever reason, it's highly unlikely you would compliment their fragrance no matter how much you liked it.

Last edited by Giannino; 4th March 2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    Even if you are very sexy, outgoing and all, if you smell like shit you will not have any compliments.
    Well, I don't know of any fragrances that smell like "sh*t", but you know what - even if there were such a fragrance, consider it from another angle.
    If you knew someone who was "sexy, outgoing and all" and you found them attractive, I believe you would think up a compliment of any kind, perhaps even in relation to the "sh*t" fragrance they had on.

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    Well, I don't know of any fragrances that smell like "sh*t", but you know what - even if there were such a fragrance, consider it from another angle.
    If you knew someone who was "sexy, outgoing and all" and you found them attractive, I believe you would think up a compliment of any kind, perhaps even in relation to the "sh*t" fragrance they had on.

Just a thought...

Got several compliments last night wearing Bvlgari Soir. I been wearing it for a couple of years and it never fails...

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Got several compliments last night wearing Bvlgari Soir. I been wearing it for a couple of years and it never fails...
    I remember receiving a compliment from an African American lady. It was pretty funny. I was in the hood when it happened, so when she shouted at me "Aye! Excuse me!.." I was relieved when she simply said I smelt "damn good." hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I remember receiving a compliment from an African American lady. It was pretty funny. I was in the hood when it happened, so when she shouted at me "Aye! Excuse me!.." I was relieved when she simply said I smelt "damn good." hahaha
    haha thats funny! It really is a great scent indeed with good sillage and longevity..

I have been testing LOADS of samples recently as i'm quite new to this fragrance hobby, and I always ask my girlfriend her opinion. She's kind of getting fed up of me asking "how do you like this one?" and sticking my wrist in her face.

Today I tried my sample of L'instant de Guerlain Extreme, and without prompting she told me I smell fantastic, despite her weariness of my constant requests for feedback. I think i'll be getting a bottle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by corbain View Post
    I have been testing LOADS of samples recently as i'm quite new to this fragrance hobby, and I always ask my girlfriend her opinion. She's kind of getting fed up of me asking "how do you like this one?" and sticking my wrist in her face.

Today I tried my sample of L'instant de Guerlain Extreme, and without prompting she told me I smell fantastic, despite her weariness of my constant requests for feedback. I think i'll be getting a bottle.
    Now that's what I call feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellMePlease View Post
    Armani Code??? Really?? I'm thinking you can get it at Walgreen's these days....lol.

Don't mean to knock you, but the point is to be original. The scents "everyone has" probably won't separate you from the rest.
    Yes, I was in Walgreen's recently and noticed Armani Code on sale. They actually had a large, department-store-like fragrance section with its own cash register and sales person.

I think environment must have something to do with it, though. For example, thinking about it I can't recall ever hearing a remark about someone's fragrance, man or woman, at work, in all the years I have been employed (I do get complements on my clothes at work, however, especially lately). I have usually worked in places where most people had private offices, which meant you usually couldn't smell someone unless you were in a meeting, in which case it would be less appropriate to make a comment. Also, people in my work environments generally have used fragrances very discretely, if at all.

I would also guess people would be more likely to complement your fragrance in the south than in the north and in environments where conspicuous fragrance-wearing was more common (e.g., bars and nightclubs). I would guess that places where people come and go a lot or work in an open space would produce more comments than a more sedate environment and also places where people came in close contact with each other, like a restaurant or hair salon.

Quote Originally Posted by corbain View Post

My wife gave me the exact same response with LIDGE. And she is also annoyed by me always asking "and what about this one?". My enthusiasm was tempered by the fact that about a week later I asked her to sniff LIDGE (didn't tell her it's the same scent as before) and she gave it a so-so response. LOL.

The other ones she complimented independently was Absolue Pour Le Soir.

LIDGE sounds considerably less 'colourful' than L'instant de Guerlain Extreme

Yeah, LIDGE does sound like a bathroom or furniture cleaning product.

I will say that all this is highly dependent on each person, how your skin reacts to the cologne, your personality, etc. For example, many people rave about Bond No. 9 New Haarlem. I tried it on over the weekend @ Saks and it smelled disgusting to me. Even the woman at the fragrance counter shook her head when I put it on....and suggested I try another scent.

There is no 'magic formula' scent. There are many great scents out there, but it's all trial and error.

What may work for one guy won't necessarily work at all for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    Yes, I was in Walgreen's recently and noticed Armani Code on sale. They actually had a large, department-store-like fragrance section with its own cash register and sales person.
    I've browsed the Walgreen's fragrance counters at a couple local stores to see if I could find anything interesting at a good price. Unfortunately I found that several fragrances were not really that much cheaper than a regular department store. They did have some cheaper ones but those were things like Grey Flannel and other EA frags. Fahrenheit was $52 for a 1.7 oz. Heck, Wal-Mart has it for $43. I'm sure they have some really good deals for the holiday season.

Another one for Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by alexandermller82 View Post
    I've noticed how many people here talk about the compliments they receive for wearing fragrances.
    And your point is???

Again this morning... This beautiful / gorgeous legal assistant passed by my office and said :

"It does always smell good around here !"

And she smiled at me...

Creed Aventus

Tristan Lavoie
    Mariť, infidŤle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

I got a compliment from a woman behind the counter while on a cruise to the Bahamas this past weekend while wearing Aventus (the batch I have is fruity, not smoky). And yesterday got another while wearing Minotaure.

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    I've browsed the Walgreen's fragrance counters at a couple local stores to see if I could find anything interesting at a good price. Unfortunately I found that several fragrances were not really that much cheaper than a regular department store. They did have some cheaper ones but those were things like Grey Flannel and other EA frags. Fahrenheit was $52 for a 1.7 oz. Heck, Wal-Mart has it for $43. I'm sure they have some really good deals for the holiday season.
    The Walgreen selection I saw was slightly better than CVS and the prices were not anything special. Among retail outlets I have checked, Target seems to have the best prices though the selection is only the regular standards. Those places all have sales, though. I've only found a really good selection retail at the very high end department stores, though the Sephora I visit from time to time (fairly sedate, not mobbed with kids) is getting better, at least in the men's dept.