Code of Conduct
Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 19 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,140 of 6348

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    If you mean Bulgari Pour Homme then yes, I have been complimented recently on this.
    Don't know about 24 Gold but what an awful name....
    Yeah the name reminds me of cheesy Reno lounge acts. No offense!
    Last edited by Samarkand; 23rd March 2012 at 07:27 PM.

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

This whole Aventus thing is an inside joke, right? lol

This topic is filled with Creed SA's, right?

Don't make me blind buy it....

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    This whole Aventus thing is an inside joke, right? lol

This topic is filled with Creed SA's, right?

Don't make me blind buy it....
    I'm no Creed fanboy, but I would have to say that Aventus (with a good batch) is really nice, good sillage, lasts all workday for me, and has garnered a few compliments. Plus it's fairly unique (how many smokey-pineapple frags do you have?), so I'd say it's worth a shot. And now that it's available in 17oz flacons (you read that right), you should be able to get in on a split that won't break the bank. If you end up blind-buying and not liking, you also won't have any trouble selling it either. Can't really lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    If you end up blind-buying and not liking, you also won't have any trouble selling it either. Can't really lose.
    Which is why I blind bought from Kron! I don't expect myself hating it though. If worse comes to worse, I'll just sell it to one of many willing buyers

Talking Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

[QUOTE=PsYcHo;2484626]Another one for Aventus today. Well, not just one but 2. First, a random girl was waiting near me at the cashier and she said "excuse-me, can you tell me what are you wearing? It smell very delicious". In my head I was like "hmm, you are a girl so you don't need to know the name unless its for your boyfriend and HELL NO I'm not going to reveal my addictive secret smell". So I said "thanks thats called my little secret". Then, at work, I got a comment from a GUY and this guy was the kind of guy that is very shy and he never complimented me for all the frag I wore while working with him for over 6 years. he said I was smelling sooo good and kinda "addictive".

I definitely agree. Yesterday, I wore Aventus to a huge convention. When I ventured home, I stopped at an IHOP. My waitress immediately gave me the google eyes and said, "Somebody is sure smelling good tonight!" I sure hope Hanae Mori works its usual magic tomorrow!!

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

Damn. I need to smell these two. HM and Aventus. I'm not anywhere where I can get ahold of them yet. Just wait til June gets here...
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Blog Entries

Oh, you know what I smelled today that really turned my head. Lacoste Pour Homme. At least it was working on him.
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Aventus is a compliment getter.

Most recently, it's been Tom Ford Amber Absolute and Mugler's Pure Shot
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by RiveGaucheInstead View Post
    Oh, you know what I smelled today that really turned my head. Lacoste Pour Homme. At least it was working on him.
    My brother wears this one.

Banned

Aventus is a truly amazing masterpiece fragrance for those men who want to smell and feel like their grandfathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Aventus is a truly amazing masterpiece fragrance for those men who want to smell and feel like their grandfathers.
    I don't know if the problem comes from your aventus batch or from yourself but you are completely wrong. Young sexy chicks don't get crazy at grandpa's cologne (or old men's cologne) and however they get crazy on aventus's smell. Also, I got told by many hot young womens (from 25-30) that it smells so sexy and delicious. Hmmm.. I don't think grandfathers smell sexy and delicious!

I have got compliments with Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, Green Irish Tweed, Bois du Portugal, Green Valley and Chanel Allure Homme
    Please check out my selling list:

MDCI Invasion Barbare & Narciso Rodriguez Musc oil for him

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Blog Entries

I just smelled Aventus today. The guy at the counter wouldn't let me spray any...so I could only sniff the bottle lol. but it was potent enough, I'd say. It was a weird unique scent but definitely alluring and definitely masculine. I felt it was identifiable. and exquisite. Now I just need to get some sucker to buy it for me.
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Compliments are rolling in for me at the moment;
    Pure Havane
    Aventus
    Geir

I just smelled Aventus today. The guy at the counter wouldn't let me spray any...so I could only sniff the bottle lol. but it was potent enough, I'd say. It was a weird unique scent but definitely alluring and definitely masculine. I felt it was identifiable. and exquisite. Now I just need to get some sucker to buy it for me.
    Are you serious? That is absurd. No reason they shouldn't let you spray it if the bottle is already open!

What store was this in? What an a**hole.

Dependent

You could always go with a split first 50ml could last quite awhile hahaha
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Are you serious? That is absurd. No reason they shouldn't let you spray it if the bottle is already open!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    Maybe it was a small local discounter that carries limited CREEDs. If this happened at Nieman Marcus (unmanned counter full of Creed) or at Bergdorf (knowledgeable assistant willing to decant and give a sample of another Creed), then it's a different story.

If the bottle is already opened, then even at small local discounter I don't see why can't spray it.
    I totally understand if tester is missing from counter, for example, and I don't expect the store to open a new bottle to have customer sample it (I've had SA's kind enough to do this, but certainly don't expect it to be done). The tester is there to be tested. In fact, it is not wrong to ask "put it on my skin, I am going to walk around for 1 hour (or more) and let you know what I think". Or even come back next day or after. You need to know how scent evolves on skin with time. How else can you judge midnotes/basenotes and longevity?

If in this case, the bottle was not a tester but a bottle for sale, then I guess that would be one excusable example. But would expain with "very sorry but tester was stolen, missing, etc".

Blog Entries

^ I agree with you. I don't even buy a fragrance until after a couple of wearings. But since RGI didn't elaborate, I was under the impression that the store opened a sealed box and let him sniff it from the bottle upon his request.

I think we are all in agreement that if it was a tester, we don't see any other reason why he was allowed to spray it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    No, no. It was completely reasonable. It was a Pakistani shop and he was kind to do that much. They don't have all our fancy Bergdorfs and Neimans.
    14 sprays for 1 mL

No, no. It was completely reasonable. It was a Pakistani shop and he was kind to do that much. They don't have all our fancy Bergdorfs and Neimans.
    Looking at your 'location', you're all over the place! I wonder what scents are available in Pakistan and Morocco. I traveled around Morocco 2 years ago (beautiful country), but this was before I fell into fragrances.

By the way, you seem like a woman of the world - I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting a sucker to buy Aventus for you. Although are you sure you don't want to smell it on him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Looking at your 'location', you're all over the place! I wonder what scents are available in Pakistan and Morocco. I traveled around Morocco 2 years ago (beautiful country), but this was before I fell into fragrances.

By the way, you seem like a woman of the world - I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting a sucker to buy Aventus for you. Although are you sure you don't want to smell it on him?

Sure, but in that case he's going to need to buy a bottle for himself as well.
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Complimented on Fahrenheit Absolute on my first full wearing.

Rive Gauche/Zino in the day and L'instant extreme in the night seem to get me alot of compliments, though they are the frags that i'm wearing the most. The Dreamer and London never fail too. It may be a bit generic and quite popular but I have a feeling that CH Chic will be up there in the hot weather.

Tom Ford Extreme is tops for me lately.

I'll buy it for you! I'll buy it for you! J/K =p

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    Why hello there. :P
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Blog Entries

Aventus for president?
    Last edited by RiveGaucheInstead; 27th March 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Blog Entries

This year, L'Instant de Guerlain PH seems to be my top compliment-getter. Amazingly, even little girls (11-yr olds) seem to appreciate the scent. In my few wearings of Rochas Man, it still came in second. People "notice" it when I wear Aventus, but so far, no real compliments yet.

Got 2 female compliments wearing D&G light blue in one day :P.

Did not expect any compliments tbh, but hey it smells good .

Rarely, and I mean RARELY, do I get compliments from women on fragrances.
    Got an unsolicited compliment from an attractive cashier I see everyday
    at a local convenience store.

She said, "You smell nice today."

I was wearing Creed Windsor II from a decant I just received in the mail
    at lunch...

I've worn:

Invasion Barbare, Aventus, Dior Homme Intense, Green Irish Tweed,
    Divine L'Homme Sage, etc. etc. etc. around this woman before,
    and she's never said a word, but, apparently Windsor made an impression...

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    Are you an Otolaryngologist?

Some theories:

If good relationship with her father, she may compliment you in a scent that reminds her of him.

If bad relationship with father, she may compliment you on a scent that reminds her of her first love or first torrid affair.

If bad relationship with her father and bad breakup with first love, she may compliment you on a scent that evokes a sentiment -- scentiment?!-- that's contrary to those bad memories.

How am I doing?!

(all in jest. Kind of.)

i dont necessary received a lot of compliments from girls, but when do is when I wear Green Irish Tweed and Rive-Gauche. I wear a lot of great stuff but they are all very clean fragrances then I don't expect the ladies to come and tell me I smell clean.

I find it funny when I see some people telling "This fragrance is probably not very appreciated since I never got any compliments while wearing it". This is so ridiculous. A very important thing is that even if the ladies around you don't compliment you, this doesn't necessary means that they don't think you smell good. Some people are just shy or just don't care/want to give a random people some compliments so.. they just stay quiet but in fact they are wetting their panties because you smell soooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    they just stay quiet but in fact they are wetting their panties because you smell soooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Are you an Otolaryngologist?
    No.

Busted out my Blue Jeans for the first time in over a year yesterday. You would understand my surprise when I got "Wow, you smell hot!" from two different female employees - the same employees that would've smelt my Allure Homme Sport the previous week and didn't say a thing.

Go figure.

I also dont get that many comments on my fragrances. I dont like to wear a lot of cologne...one to two sprays most of the time.

Pacco Rabanne 1 Million has got me a few nice complements resently. Im really starting to like this one. just a few sprays last all day....and It also projects well. I especially like the leather note....very nice.

It is modern to Say Aventus this days on thread.

My comp. :

Geir Neis
    Ambre Narguile
    Pure Havane
    Fumerie Turq. ( could u belive )

Xeryus Rouge has always been my top compliment getter but lately I´ve been receiving great feedback from Moschino Forever. It seem like this is a very "under the radar" fragrance and there are no reviews on BN. Great underrated fragrance in my opinion !
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Just got a sample today but to my nose 1903 by J Peterman is phenomenal. I have to say that and BdP by Creed work better with my body chemistry than anything I've tried. Incredible, especially 1903. That scent fits me to a tee.

I got 3 on Aventus my first night wearing it out, one from my mates girlfriend after which he instantly agreed and complimented, and another by a girl that was in my uni class 2 years ago and I saw her out randomly in town.

Other than that Givenchy Play Intense is generally a well complimented frag

Banned
    Blog Entries

The ones that draw the most compliments tend to be the best-selling ones. If they didn't draw a lot of praise, why would they sell so well? Basically, the ones hated for their success.

For compliments:
    Cool Water
    Acqua di Gio
    Le Male

No matter how common they are, you will get compliments for wearing them.

While not strictly a compliment getter, it's guaranteed to get her back to yours: chloroform. The best part is that it's a real powerhouse too - 1 or 2 sprays lasts me the whole night.

Hit up an English-style pub in Kobe, Japan last weekend and got my first unsolicited "you smell really good" compliment from a girl and her friend on L'eau d'Issey. They both commenced sniffing me while I stood there awkwardly.

While not strictly a compliment getter, it's guaranteed to get her back to yours: chloroform. The best part is that it's a real powerhouse too - 1 or 2 sprays lasts me the whole night.
    This is the 7th time that joke has been made in this thread.

Bleu De Chanel +1 this afternoon.

i always get compliments when i wear my old bottle of burberry london
    i think its the female geared bottle tho due to a mixup of the store stocking the shelves

i recently purchased another bottle of the scent, and the new bottle i have is dark brown and black
    my old bottle is light brown and has a red stripe on the top like pictured in the female version

not that it really matters anyway, no one has ever said to me omG u SMell LIek A giRL lolzzz!!11!1!!

i think i might buy the female version to compare

ive gotten more compliments of l'homme libre then I have of la nuit de l'homme recently (im surprised)

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Hit up an English-style pub in Kobe, Japan last weekend and got my first unsolicited "you smell really good" compliment from a girl and her friend on L'eau d'Issey. They both commenced sniffing me while I stood there awkwardly.

This is the 7th time that joke has been made in this thread.
    Apologies. The next time I'll read all 4100 posts before submitting my own. Perhaps as a member of the post police you could help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Apologies. The next time I'll read all 4100 posts before submitting my own. Perhaps as a member of the post police you could help me with this?
    It's more along the lines of that it is just an unoriginal joke, and over 69 pages worth of posts, someone will have (and has done) made this joke already. Don't get mad because you're joke wasn't as applauded as you wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Matkinson View Post
    It's more along the lines of that it is just an unoriginal joke, and over 69 pages worth of posts, someone will have (and has done) made this joke already. Don't get mad because you're joke wasn't as applauded as you wanted it to be.
    Wow! You guys certainly take the repetition of jokes seriously.

hmm Geir Neis seems to be getting some recent love on here - i need to go to macys and see for myself!

Got a big reaction and my first "celebrity" compliment this weekend.

I was sitting at the bar of an upscale restaurant sipping a Manhattan. Just down the bar sat two attractive blondes. Being my usual self, I was chatting them up sporadically, but not obviously displaying too much interest.

I saw an acquaintance come in and walked past the women to briefly greet him. When I returned to my seat, the closest woman turned to me and said:

"Could you tell me what you're wearing- you smell really good"!

Me: "It's called My Secret Weapon"

Her:" Oh come on"

Me " If I told you, you would tell everybody and then other guys around here would wear it. I don't want that"

Her: "When you walked by us, I turned to her (the other blonde) and said did you smell that man? He smells great."

The other woman then got up, walked over to me and began nuzzling my neck with such enthusiasm she apologized for getting lipstick on me. "Mmmmmmmm" was her comment

"What does it smell like?" the first woman said, "it smells like...something

Me: Maybe ....a smoky pineapple.....

After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name. It turned out that one of the women was a national cable TV personality. I watch very little TV so I didn't know who she was, but friends I talked to later confirmed that she was the real thing

Of course, you've guessed it already-it was.... The Mighty Aventus

dupe

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    Got a big reaction and my first "celebrity" compliment this weekend.

I was sitting at the bar of an upscale restaurant sipping a Manhattan. Just down the bar sat two attractive blondes. Being my usual self, I was chatting them up sporadically, but not obviously displaying too much interest.

I saw an acquaintance come in and walked past the women to briefly greet him. When I returned to my seat, the closest woman turned to me and said:

"Could you tell me what you're wearing- you smell really good"!

Me: "It's called My Secret Weapon"

Her:" Oh come on"

Me " If I told you, you would tell everybody and then other guys around here would wear it. I don't want that"

Her: "When you walked by us, I turned to her (the other blonde) and said did you smell that man? He smells great."

The other woman then got up, walked over to me and began nuzzling my neck with such enthusiasm she apologized for getting lipstick on me. "Mmmmmmmm" was her comment

"What does it smell like?" the first woman said, "it smells like...something

Me: Maybe ....a smoky pineapple.....

After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name. It turned out that one of the women was a national cable TV personality. I watch very little TV so I didn't know who she was, but friends I talked to later confirmed that she was the real thing

Of course, you've guessed it already-it was.... The Mighty Aventus
    Awesome.
    How many sprays and where?

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name.
    Dam you bastard!!!

I have many of these compliments and I NEVER reveal it. If we reveal it each time we have a compliments on aventus, in some times it will become just a "basic" fragrance. The magic of Aventus will die.....

DAMN YOU!

Okay so lets keep Aventus a secret by calling it Sutneva (Aventus backwards). "Oh thanks for the compliment. What is it? It's called Sutneva. It's rare and almost impossible to find." Hahaha!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Okay so lets keep Aventus a secret by calling it Sutneva (Aventus backwards). "Oh thanks for the compliment. What is it? It's called Sutneva. It's rare and almost impossible to find." Hahaha!
    Good idea. Sutneva by Deerc. Also cheap, can be had for $30.00 for a big bottle!