Code of Conduct
Page 70 of 106 FirstFirst ... 20 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,200 of 6351

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    Dam you bastard!!!

I have many of these compliments and I NEVER reveal it. If we reveal it each time we have a compliments on aventus, in some times it will become just a "basic" fragrance. The magic of Aventus will die.....

DAMN YOU!
    I'm going to tell everyone that asks that I'm wearing Aventus, even when I'm not.

Two compliments in as many weeks.

The first from a work colleague (who I might add was absolutely legless that night) told me my 'aftershave' smelt really nice... Aventus

The other was yesterday from a much older lady who said 'you always smell so nice'... Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    Dam you bastard!!!

I have many of these compliments and I NEVER reveal it. If we reveal it each time we have a compliments on aventus, in some times it will become just a "basic" fragrance. The magic of Aventus will die.....

DAMN YOU!
    Let's not get hysterical here, mmmkay?

I doubt that even 5% of the American population has ever heard of Aventus or Creed or ever will, much less buy a bottle at $285

For the poster who asked, I used only two sprays- one to the lower neck/upper chest and one to a wrist, tapped to the other wrist. It obviously projected very well.

while avoiding calling it Aventus, i've received rave compliments on PS London two days in a row.

@SoGent: I pm'ed you please respond when you get a chance. Also do you guys think I can find Geir Ness at a kios at the mall? Im thinking its some what hard to find and Macy's probably wont have it. Let me know what you guys think.

Blog Entries

duplicate post, sorry.
    Last edited by del; 7th April 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Blog Entries

@mortl, Geir is pretty hard to come by. Retailers and malls do not carry them, at least not from where I live. I found a couple of bottles here at my local discounter of all places so I purchased one. If you happen to be in DisneyWorld, I believe you can find Geir there. Good luck!

I wore Obsession the other day and one woman just raved about it and asked for it by name. Two big hits to the chest and I was good to go. It's my current favorite fragrance. I am glad I was reunited with Obsession again. It is still as good as it was when it first came out. Shockingly good. *

Did you pick up an old broad? Obsession smells pretty dated if you ask me . LOL

She was pretty and young!

Got several compliments from my family members and also from my girlfriends family on Easter. I was wearing Japiur EDP, what an awesome classy scent !

MrX

Cadillac Luc Eau de Parfum

MrX

I mean 'Lux'.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjguy View Post
    I wore Obsession the other day and one woman just raved about it and asked for it by name. Two big hits to the chest and I was good to go. It's my current favorite fragrance. I am glad I was reunited with Obsession again. It is still as good as it was when it first came out. Shockingly good. *
    I LOVED the original CK Obsession in its day, I used to wear it all the time, and YES, the ladies young and old loved it as well. For whatever reason, the conglomerate which now controls CK fragrances decided to reformulate this classic and it is no longer anywhere near the same cologne to my nose.

TJ

Basenotes Member

Common-sense
    Cheers,

-Nick

I have to admit now : Creed's fragrance get me more positive comments from women than any other perfumes in my collection.

There is something with Creed and my body chemistry that seems to be magic.

I own Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water and Himalaya and all of them provided me nice comments.
    Obviously, Aventus is by far the most appreciated, but GIT and Himalaya are also good !!!

The one that got me the most "dirty" and "wild" comments is Green Irish Tweed. This one drives some women crazy,,,,

And Aventus is the fragrance that got me instantanly comments when I wear it. If you go to a "5 à 7" or a party or a dinner whit a lot of woman, spray your chest with 2 or 3 shots of Aventus and wait... You'll see,,,

But with my wife... : GIT has the more aphrodisiac effect. She just cannot resists to it.

Creed all the way... it worths the money.
    Tristan Lavoie
    Marié, infidèle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

I'm not one to get compliments, since I mostly use very little sprays. But today I received my second compliment ever. I only sprayed 2,5 sprays (2 neck, 0.5 right wrist) and received the compliment, get this, thirteen hours after application! Which fragrance? Creed Aventus...

Btw. My first compliment was a few months ago for Chanel Allure Homme Sport.
    ---1995 2007---

Top 5:
    Creed Aventus
    Chanel Egoiste
    Hermes Terre D'Hermes
    Chanel Pour Monsieur
    Chanel Allure Homme port

Amouage Reflection. 2 compliments from co-workers, and a compliment from my mother complimented me, and then the others that were around agreed that I smelled good!

Divine L'homme Sage. First time I wore it to church, the first person I hugged said I smelled good. I've hugged her many times, and she has never complimented me before.

One day, I walked into a fast-food resturaunt, and the cashier was like "ooh, you smell good". I was really surprised, because I had applied the scent about 10 or so hours prior to the compliment. Talk about staying power!

Interestingly enough, these two happen to be my 2 favorite fragrances. lol

Creeds OS and chanels edition Blanche does but one new one I just purchase is doing better than both of them and I just bought it out of just for me...Mont blanc individuel. It's cheap, smell just like creeds OS but also has a clean soapy sweet smell and obviously projects. At work they just seem to like it a lot.

I was wearing. She was so cute and apologetic for the interruption. I told her it was Millesime Imperial by Creed. She smiled and handed me a piece of paper and a pen asking if I could write down the name for her. She asked me where I got it

lately AHSE

I find some Gucci PH II notes in the drydown
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

It's not my signature scent but I like it and so do WOMAN, try Farragamo "F Black" . There are others but this will do the trick, and it's can found online for a reasonable price. Somewhat simalar to Dior "Homme Intense" for half the price.

^ F Black has a sweet caramel apple vibe... women like it
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

To add to what I said earlier, what was most surprising about the situation with the young lady's compliment on L'homme Sage is that when I returned to the fast food restaurant several weeks later, she rang me up again and said "hmm, I don't smell that cologne on you." I laughed, and was surprised that she remembered me, especially since she must see dozens of people every day. Add to that, I didn't recognize her until she said something.

My point is those are the best compliments, when you've made lasting impressions on the ones complimenting.

Double post
    Last edited by Larwiz; 13th April 2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: double

Xerjoff Nio got an enthusiastic compliment from a friend-of-a-friend few days ago, a very pretty girl. She went bonkers over it and i got the chance to finally use the "You've got expensive taste, honey" line. She turned out to be quite knowledgeable and interested in fragrance and i directed her to the main niche shop of our city.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Double post
    th/si

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    The Walgreen selection I saw was slightly better than CVS and the prices were not anything special. Among retail outlets I have checked, Target seems to have the best prices though the selection is only the regular standards. Those places all have sales, though. I've only found a really good selection retail at the very high end department stores, though the Sephora I visit from time to time (fairly sedate, not mobbed with kids) is getting better, at least in the men's dept.
    th_1st¡

polo blue and paco robanne one million.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Tobacco&Vanille Tom Ford

I seem to get countless compliments on Aventus like most people on here and Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce is also up there. I bought myself L'Instant de Gurlain Extreme yesterday and on my first wearing I received a compliment on this masterpiece! However, a comment I was kind of surprised by was when Pure Coffee was described as old man smell. Im not the biggest fan of Pure Coffee by any means and would happily take Pure Malt and Pure Havane over it but I just found that comment strange :s

Default The Most Complimented Male Scent is .....

No, not what you think. It's amazing, but sometimes the cheaper scents garner vastly more compliments than high-end designers and niche.

The most complimented and singular male fragrance can be had for only $7, and receive more compliments and looks of brazen lust from the opposite (and same) sex, than fragrances at $150 and up.

It is .....

Default Re: The Most Complimented Male Scent is .....

Photo taken by me, on my new Nikon D3100.

Great pic! Pinad Clubman makes some pretty awesome grooming products. I love their original and Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershaves, their talc, and their hair gel. Very masculine and old school gent smell in all of them.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I love the Pinaud club man. Always have.

you should have waited until the d7000 was in stock.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    you should have waited until the d7000 was in stock.
    I needed an entry level DSLR, I know nothing about photography and am a beginner, not a professional.

Bought D3100 for Dummies as well.

Got the D3100 with stock lens (AF-S 18-55 mm, VR) and telephoto (AF-S, 55-200 mm, VR) for just $700 on Amazon.

Clubman was my first foray into the world of Bay Rum. Taken with my iPhone 3GS potato camera, not my Nikon btw...

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I am going to CVS now to buy Bay Rum.

I was devastated to see how difficult it is to find Clubman Moustache Wax (chestnut) for my 'stache.

Guess I have to use American Crew on my mustache.

My favorite of the lot is Clubman Special Reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by themoogle View Post
    I needed an entry level DSLR, I know nothing about photography and am a beginner, not a professional.

Bought D3100 for Dummies as well.

Got the D3100 with stock lens (AF-S 18-55 mm, VR) and telephoto (AF-S, 55-200 mm, VR) for just $700 on Amazon.
    Wow thats a good deal! The 3100 is a great camera also.

Im going to have to finally check out the clubman aftershaves...
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Quote Originally Posted by themoogle View Post
    I am going to CVS now to buy Bay Rum.

I was devastated to see how difficult it is to find Clubman Moustache Wax (chestnut) for my 'stache.

Guess I have to use American Crew on my mustache.
    I don't know if you've smelled Clubman Bay Rum before but it smells nothing like traditional bay rum. It smells like a Christmas wreath. It's very spicy. I like it.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

That's too dated for my taste .... Sorry

Pinad Clubman is stylish indeed, alas, virtually unknown and unavailable where I live

Similar phenomenon happened to me with more than affordable Black Suede Touch by Avon, more complimented than any niche so far, at least judging strictly by my own experience

I do pretty well wearing Gengis Khan.

when you go out in winter, then M7 is a real complimentgetter. Has great sillage and makes you stand-out in the crowd. But it is also not so versatile, it is simply too heavy to wear at work. And i also have to admit that Aventus somehow drives women wild. I just recently bought a bottle and I am stunned about the feedback...My girlfriend just kept asking me what i was wearing. And a day later she sneaked into the bathroom, found the bottle and gave herself some sprays.....go figure..

Got a surprise compliment from a young lady while wearing Yatagan tonight.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

(New poster alert -- been lurking in this thread for a while. Thought I had to say something.)

Compliments from female friends: Alfred Sung Hei (this one nearly universally -- how weird), Mugler Cologne, Issey Miyake pour Homme

Compliments from women at work: Terre d'Hermes (sprayed VERY lightly).

But the best story is the current GF, who detests fragrances of all types.

(This to my dismay, of course -- the vast majority of frags give her headaches; I have been looking for a signature something for her, but haven't found anything yet. She has a bottle of Philosophy Amazing Grace that she daubs on for fancy events. I have a bottle of the body wash that I put in my shower but don't use so I'm reminded of her in the morning. Anyhow. I digress.)

I was at Nordstrom and tried on a little Tom Ford Oud Wood.

She took one tentative sniff, her eyes got wide, she bit my neck and said, "We are going home... NOW."

And so we did.

t,HIS! I just bought Azure Lime and it smells like Limons!

among others, received a BIG compliment on Jil Sander Scent 79 for Men today.

t,HIS! I just bought Azure Lime and it smells Limons|
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 26th April 2012 at 04:12 AM.

@biogun have you had alot of luck with tom ford oud wood ? - i received paul smith london the other day and it smells a bit like cool water? cant wait to wear it out friday night !

Cool water last weekend from two girls. One of them came to me 3 times just to have a sniff. This stuff never fails.

SALVATORE FERRAGAMO "F BLACK" and it's one of the least expensive in my collection

you guys are lucky lol
    the only time anyone even comments on my scents is when its a negative.
    eg i was just told earlier that SDV is "disgusting"

it's a good thing I don't wear fragrances to please others
    Last edited by Pyr0; 27th April 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Cool water last weekend from two girls. One of them came to me 3 times just to have a sniff. This stuff never fails.
    Cool Water is one of the 2 fragrances in my collection that I've received compliments on. The other one is Rive Gauche. Nothing from Aventus, L'Instant Extreme, or Pure Malt so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyr0 View Post
    you guys are lucky lol
    the only time anyone even comments on my scents is when its a negative.
    eg i was just told earlier that SDV is "disgusting"

it's a good thing I don't wear fragrances to please others
    Is SDV the much revered Guerlain Spirituesse Double Vanille?

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    Is SDV the much revered Guerlain Spirituesse Double Vanille?
    yes, it's my scent of the day today