Code of Conduct
Page 71 of 237 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 7110
  1. #2101
    Kristen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    København, DK
    Posts
    12
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Whats some of the latest fragrances that make women bend over?

    I had to do a double take when I first read the subject line and hoped that the person who had posted it meant something completely different than its apparent meaning. If not, I suspect that even the best scent could not cover such a repugnant attitude.

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The scent of a grammatically correct sentence, along with the proper usage of commas and apostrophes, smells excellent to most women.
    I have to concur; as a woman, I find a well-spoken man attractive regardless of his fragrance...assuming that he is washed and reasonably well groomed. That said, I always find Jicky appealing. The two that currently make me want to bury my face in my husbands neck are Il Profumo's Patchouli Noir and Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, which I loved so much that I followed a man on the streets of Copenhagen to find out what he was wearing, because it was absolutely captivating, Tonka Imperiale! I immediately called Guerlain and ordered a bottle to share with my husband.

  2. #2102

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I'm relatively new to wearing cologne, and I've never been complimented on my cologne. But today I received multiple compliments for Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

  3. #2103
    Desert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Dior Homme

  4. #2104

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I got many compliments from coworker on Guerlain L'Instant.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

  5. #2105

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I don't own the cologne anymore, but I was always complimented on Kenneth Cole Black. Ladies always loved that one, even though I didn't.

  6. #2106

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindphlux View Post
    I don't own the cologne anymore, but I was always complimented on Kenneth Cole Black. Ladies always loved that one, even though I didn't.
    Me too. However, I actually love how black smells. So it's win-win for me
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

    Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

  7. #2107

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    candies for men, risque elite, and platinum egoiste

  8. #2108

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    Me too. However, I actually love how black smells. So it's win-win for me
    Don't get me wrong- it is a decent fragrance but i knew several other guys who used it and I strive to wear stuff that nobody else has or in most cases, has even heard of. Black is good everyday scent.

  9. #2109

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Yeah, that's a good point. I actually only know of one other person that I have ever smelled Black on. I seem to hardly ever come in contact with Kenneth Cole around here. Good for me, because I like a lot from that maker.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

    Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

  10. #2110

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert View Post
    Dior Homme
    wore this on Friday to work and got some compliments.
    On a different note, my daughter told me I stunk today as I was wearing Bond No9 New Harleem, but I think she was in one of her moods because she still cuddled of to me at the movies just an hour later. She also told my wife she does not look good with long hair which is completely the opposite. I'll never figure them out.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

  11. #2111

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    Recently purchased a mini of Hearts and Daggers. Wasn't impressed with it at all at work (reminds me a lot of Dirty English), but after getting hot and heavy on a date Fri night, it did the trick! Just needed sweat and body heat. My date kept telling me how good I smelled and noted her 21 yr old friend wanted a bottle for herself...liked the frag that much!

  12. #2112

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    Azzaro Homme, Tsar, Dior Homme, Fleur du Male do the trick!

  13. #2113

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    My updated five most complimented colognes are

    Allure Sport
    Bulgari Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme
    Rochas Man
    Geir

  14. #2114

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    It may be considered played-out at this point, but nothing gets me more compliments than L'eau D'Issey. The last one was particularly flattering...a female friend of mine, in conversation with one of her friends, stopped mid-sentence, turned around, and said to me "Wow Mike, you smell nice!"

  15. #2115

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    In the day got a LOT of compliments on Polo Sport and some on Aqua di gio

    But in the not so distant past I received compliments on , Dirty English, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, GIT, Sugar Lychee

    I have some more fragrances but didn't have wear them around people a lot yet.

  16. #2116

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Got a compliment from my neighbor and my wife on Bmen. I cannot believe my wife could even name the fragrance when she took a sniff of it, and that was about 5hrs after I first put it on.

    Actually, this is the fragrance that brought me to basenotes and sent me on a shopping spree. I only owned about 7 fragrances at the time and in a matter of a few months I went head over hills. I doubt that I will ever finish one bottle completely.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

  17. #2117

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Allure homme sport is getting some fair share my way

  18. #2118
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Cerruti Pour Homme lately. Really has very good sillage and longevity. Got a compliment by a young female coworker today. This scent is definitely very underrated, not only on this site.
    Currently wearing: Brit for Men by Burberry

  19. #2119

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Cerruti Pour Homme lately. Really has very good sillage and longevity. Got a compliment by a young female coworker today. This scent is definitely very underrated, not only on this site.
    While I was in Europe this past holiday season, I came across this scent and of the many scents I smelt, this was one of the few to leave a lasting impression. A very good, fresh scent that is like a modern version of cool water. Its an aquatic that is more fresh and than aqua. If I hadn't just purchased Herrera Aqua (another fragrance that isn't truly aquatic [read fresh oriental]), I would definitely be looking into this fragrance more. Good post!

  20. #2120
    Mr_Castro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    I get the most male/female compliments on:
    Tom Ford Private Blend Japon Noir
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Bond No.9 Bleeker Street
    Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime

  21. #2121

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    lol , Le Male is a nice frag, a lot of ladies like the bottle and presentation. It is very well made, good quality.
    That was designed by then-24 year old Francis Kurkdjian - and i came on this thread to mention that i've been complimented by a few coworkers on his latest "Aqua Universalis" from his own FK line. Much more pricey than Le Male, as the 2.4 oz is $140, but it's a sweet, light and crisp linen type scent that has a iris and powdery musk drydown with a kiss of orange blossom (to my nose at least). It's non-offensive and smells like fresh white laundry airing out on a clothes line with a slight breeze near an orange grove.

    I just read what i wrote. lmao. What the hell is wrong with me?!

  22. #2122

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I've been receiveing quite positive comments for Davidoff Cool Water Frozen.

  23. #2123
    Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    3,037

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I purchased Xerjoff Nio, along with Mefisto and Fior d'Ulivo last week. Having worn Nio a few times now, which is an amazing citrus/atomatic woody scent (most sites list it as men's, but it is definitely unisex), I've had more compliments over the last couple of days, than I have ever had with any other fragrances. Monday night the landlady at my local pub wanted to know what I was wearing, a woman when I walked past said to her friend "He smells nice", my cousin also wanted to know what it was and yesterday when I was on the bus coming back from town, I heard an elderly woman in front of me say to what must have been her husband "He smells nice behind us", so a big thumbs up to NIO and Xerjoff

  24. #2124

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Joop Nightflight recently got a few nice compliments

  25. #2125
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    While I was in Europe this past holiday season, I came across this scent and of the many scents I smelt, this was one of the few to leave a lasting impression. A very good, fresh scent that is like a modern version of cool water. Its an aquatic that is more fresh and than aqua. If I hadn't just purchased Herrera Aqua (another fragrance that isn't truly aquatic [read fresh oriental]), I would definitely be looking into this fragrance more. Good post!
    Herra Aqua is very nice, but not an aquatic at all, someone made a mistake with naming this fragrance Aqua.

    P.S. Tnx
    Currently wearing: Brit for Men by Burberry

  26. #2126

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: whats a good frag to impress girls

    Hello all. I've only been into fragrances since about last summer (since dropping Adidas/Lynx etc.) and I have been reading the forums since around about last September.
    My compliments usually come from the 15 - 20 age range, but there are some exceptions.
    In order of amount:
    Cool Water - Had about 10. Said to be fruity and fresh. One time I wore it to my mates 18th where it was absolutely boiling. (About 120 people in a small pub hall.) I soon found girls crowding around me and realised from the deep inhales that they were trying to cool down with the smell of the Cool Water. My 19 year old sister loves this one.
    CK One - Had about 4 (including my mum.) This one tends to stay quite close to the skin so it's only really noticed when I'm being hugged. The one girl in my school who has become my smell tester always want to sniff at my new ones said she absolutely loved it and sat next to me for the period. My mum also loves this one.
    Only the Brave - A couple. Wore it to a gig last October and a group of sweaty girls took a couple of deep breaths before following me for a bit.
    Gucci Envy - Not had a prime opportunity to wear this one outside yet but i tried it out the day I got it (sprayed twice on the neck and once on each wrist.) My mum loves the top notes and the dry down but took a deep inhale of my neck and started coughing. I think I'll lose the sprays to the neck and have one on my chest next time. Potent Stuff.
    I also am not near enough mature for any niche frags yet. But hopefully in time...
    Owned (In order of acquirement.) : CKIN2U; 6/10, Diesel Only the Brave; 7/10, CK One; 7.5/10, (CK Crave; 4/10, CK Contradiction; 5/10 (Never again...)), Davidoff Cool Water; 8/10, Lacoste Essential; 7.5/10, Gucci Envy; 9/10
    On The Way : YSL Body Kouros
    Wish List : Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche, Azzaro Chrome.
    Open To : Recommendations of samples.

  27. #2127
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,654

    Default Re: whats a good frag to impress girls

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsFate View Post
    Hello all. I've only been into fragrances since about last summer (since dropping Adidas/Lynx etc.) and I have been reading the forums since around about last September.
    My compliments usually come from the 15 - 20 age range, but there are some exceptions.
    In order of amount:
    Cool Water - Had about 10. Said to be fruity and fresh. One time I wore it to my mates 18th where it was absolutely boiling. (About 120 people in a small pub hall.) I soon found girls crowding around me and realised from the deep inhales that they were trying to cool down with the smell of the Cool Water. My 19 year old sister loves this one.
    CK One - Had about 4 (including my mum.) This one tends to stay quite close to the skin so it's only really noticed when I'm being hugged. The one girl in my school who has become my smell tester always want to sniff at my new ones said she absolutely loved it and sat next to me for the period. My mum also loves this one.
    Only the Brave - A couple. Wore it to a gig last October and a group of sweaty girls took a couple of deep breaths before following me for a bit.
    Gucci Envy - Not had a prime opportunity to wear this one outside yet but i tried it out the day I got it (sprayed twice on the neck and once on each wrist.) My mum loves the top notes and the dry down but took a deep inhale of my neck and started coughing. I think I'll lose the sprays to the neck and have one on my chest next time. Potent Stuff.
    I also am not near enough mature for any niche frags yet. But hopefully in time...
    We'd be glad for you to become a prominent member here
    Currently wearing: Brit for Men by Burberry

  28. #2128

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: whats a good frag to impress girls

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    We'd be glad for you to become a prominent member here
    Thank you very much

    I hear Body Kouros is a real compliment grabber and it's coming in the post soon. I'll update when I see results :P.
    Owned (In order of acquirement.) : CKIN2U; 6/10, Diesel Only the Brave; 7/10, CK One; 7.5/10, (CK Crave; 4/10, CK Contradiction; 5/10 (Never again...)), Davidoff Cool Water; 8/10, Lacoste Essential; 7.5/10, Gucci Envy; 9/10
    On The Way : YSL Body Kouros
    Wish List : Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche, Azzaro Chrome.
    Open To : Recommendations of samples.

  29. #2129
    Neurosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I don't have the accent, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    WARNING: im still in high school so dont immediately go "EWWW THOSE SUCK!" or whatever hahaha

    A+F Fierce is my power house fragrance. i get endless compliments all day wearing it. ive had people literally bury their face on my wrist wearing this stuff

    Hollister Jake/Pacsun Vurt (black) are tied for second. girls LOVE those two. not as much as fierce but still pretty well

    heres a curve ball: John Varvatos Classic. i havent worn this enough but i think if i did it'd be tied for first. whenever i wear it its the same reactions as fierce, just from different people

    and fourth is actually Le Male. i recently bought this and have been wearing it around. so far ive had very good results, just not the WOAAAAH WHAT ARE YOU WEARING!? i suppose its cause alot of girls i know wear vanilla scented stuff. one of my friends actually said "i like it, its just really sweet and vanilla-y which is definitely different on a guy"

  30. #2130

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    WARNING: im still in high school so dont immediately go "EWWW THOSE SUCK!" or whatever hahaha

    A+F Fierce is my power house fragrance. i get endless compliments all day wearing it. ive had people literally bury their face on my wrist wearing this stuff

    Hollister Jake/Pacsun Vurt (black) are tied for second. girls LOVE those two. not as much as fierce but still pretty well

    heres a curve ball: John Varvatos Classic. i havent worn this enough but i think if i did it'd be tied for first. whenever i wear it its the same reactions as fierce, just from different people

    and fourth is actually Le Male. i recently bought this and have been wearing it around. so far ive had very good results, just not the WOAAAAH WHAT ARE YOU WEARING!? i suppose its cause alot of girls i know wear vanilla scented stuff. one of my friends actually said "i like it, its just really sweet and vanilla-y which is definitely different on a guy"
    I, too am still in high school and I like to think a young female is still a female.
    I wish I could get a hold of A&F Fierce as since it's unheard of over here, it'd get the same attention but not be on any other guy in the school. Yet, this is the exact reason I can't get it as I'd have to ship from abroad, which usually costs a lot in the P&P area.

    On topic, I think my mum is borderline on drinking Lacoste Essential, she suddenly likes it so much. I think it's because I put a couple extra sprays on as it's really hard to notice.
    Owned (In order of acquirement.) : CKIN2U; 6/10, Diesel Only the Brave; 7/10, CK One; 7.5/10, (CK Crave; 4/10, CK Contradiction; 5/10 (Never again...)), Davidoff Cool Water; 8/10, Lacoste Essential; 7.5/10, Gucci Envy; 9/10
    On The Way : YSL Body Kouros
    Wish List : Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche, Azzaro Chrome.
    Open To : Recommendations of samples.

Page 71 of 237 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 121 171 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Most female compliments for a Niche Fragrance?
    By jcepiano in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 3rd December 2014, 04:18 AM
  2. What do you really think of female compliments?
    By sharilstuff in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 12:27 AM
  3. Which male fragrance gets NO female compliments...
    By Ken_Russell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 02:42 PM
  4. Which scent gets you NO female compliments?
    By fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12th February 2010, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000