Code of Conduct
Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,260 of 5882

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Recently, Im getting compliments from guys and gals with SMW.

voyage d'hermes parfum, this stuff really is fantastic on my skin

Quote Originally Posted by Pyr0 View Post
    yes, it's my scent of the day today
    Oh dear.......not the reaction you'd want, I would guess....

Most compliment getting perfumes in my collection ( in order )

Creed - Silver mountain water
    nasomatto - silver musk
    Xerjoff - Fiero
    Montale - moon aoud
    and in the last two weeks its ( Creed - Jardins d'Amalfi )

Basenotes Junkie

Creed Royal Oud has netted me several compliments lately, both from males and females. It's often something in the vicinity of "wow, you smell REALLY good - what is this?" Awesome <3

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    creed royal oud has netted me several compliments lately, both from males and females. It's often something in the vicinity of "wow, you smell really good - what is this?" awesome <3
    ^^^this!

Two recent compliments

Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas:

I love your cologne. It smells so fresh! from the girl at the beach bistro where I hang out. Im glad I picked up an extra 100ml last time I saw them at Maxx. Havent seen them in a while and its no longer offered in TBs lineup.

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree:

You smell wonderful. Not like other colognes... from the receptionist at the doctors office.

One day my ex-girlfriend told me: ''What cologne are you wearing? I always notice your coming and approaching by your scent and then suddenly see you stood in front of me. You're mysterious .'' AZZARO CHROME. but I don't like it myself that much.

My ex girlfriend used to LOVE Live Jazz.

My current girlfriend really likes Givenchy Pi and always comments on it, she sprayed it on her top before she left one night. My mother also has commented on Pi once saying that something smelt 'amazing'.

I wore spicebomb the other day and when my girlfriend got in the car she said 'is that a new aftershave?'.... I said 'yea'....

Then there was 2 or 3 minutes of silence.... So I laughed and said 'don't like it then?' to which she replied...'Uhh it's nice, not as nice as what you usually wear though.... It's different... Interesting'.

I've had a few compliments from random women on Boss Bottled and Channel Allure too and a female coworker has commented multiple times on la nuit de l'homme.

I am getting a lot of compliments from wearing Tobacco Vanilla recently

I got a compliment out of the blue from a stranger today while wearing Noir Etoilee.

Dirty English is still going strong in the compliment department for me.

Issey miyake Intense for me 3-4 times i get a compliment from girls, and i was using Armani Gio 2-3 times girls said it is very nice. I used Burberry brit, bvlgari aqua, armand basi i never get a compliment

Hands down undisputed champion compliment getter for me is..................... YSL's L'Homme for men

I do like it and it has grown on me, but it's is far from my Personal favorite.
    The reactions I get are ridicoulous.

Hot chicks (complete stranger in a bar) asking what I'm wearing. (this is different than a girl saying 'you smell good')

Homosexual at work complimenting me once when I wore it.

All the women i sit next to at work

A girl at a wedding (which is how I found this because My Friend wore it to the wedding)

A VERY close 2nd believe it or not is AXE body spray Dark Temptation....why.. why o why can't it be one of my favs? I'll never know.
    I sprayed Dark Temptation at a Walmart, then went to buy my groceries. The check-out lady asked what I was wearing, so I had her hold on, ran back to the display, and brought back a can of DT and said 'I'm wearing this apparently'
    I get alot of compliments on AXE's Dark Temptation, I just tell people it's A*Men (shhhhh)
    I'll spray 1/4 can at a time of that sh!t covering every square inch of skin cuz it's so cheap and totally reek of chocolatley goodness... all the time, my good cologne's, sit on a shelf, getting jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by undercover View Post
    Recently, Im getting compliments from guys and gals with SMW.
    This!! if only creed could figure out a formula to make it last more than 2-3 hrs..

Wore the reformulated Dior Homme Intense Saturday night to a party, got several compliments over six hours after application.

if you want to know which fragrance gets the MOST compliments usually the fragrances women like to smell are different from mens juices. Very Sexy for him, A&F Fierce, Burberry Brit, Burberry Touch, Gucci Envy, Pure Malt, Ted Lapidus Black Soul, Versace Dreamer, Michael Jordan Legend, Rochas Man, Polo Blue, Yatagan Caron, Dirty English, any of the fruity scents with a clean aquatic feel tend to be more of compliment getters and the woodsy drier masculine scents tend to be more sophisticated and refined. I got more compliments from curve, VS for him and the citrus stuff and when I moved to gormandish scents I found that some people really did NOT like the sweetness so the best scents for compliments are unisex scents women could easily rock themselves

Compliment from my (male) friend on GIT. Haven't worn it much out and about yet so really hoping for some big comments.

Wore it on the train though and heard a woman inhaling.
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Montale Chocolate Greedy+Black/Dark Aoud caused a woman to follow me out of the baking aisle down to produce "to make sure it was me she was smelling and not the chocolate in the baking section" lol

Also gotten a few wearing Tuscan Leather and Red Aoud (not at the same time)

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Wore it on the train though and heard a woman inhaling.
    Hahahahaha. Sorry but that made me lol.

Versace Pour Homme. I had just paid the gas station attendant to pump gas and this lady follows me back to my car only to to me how great I smelled and how she's never smelled anything as good as I did. I was like, "Really?
    Practically every time I wear it, somebody has something positive to say about it

I had compliments whilst wearing Aventus, Dior Homme Intense, and Paco Rabbane Ultraviolet.

Got unexpected compliments with 2 sprays of Aventus after 5hours of wearing it. Its a 2008 batch. Amazing.

Now I have the 2011 batch, hope it can surpass the compliments of the 2008 batch.

I get loads of comments with Midnight in Paris. From both guys and girls!

Got unexpected compliments with 2 sprays of Aventus after 5hours of wearing it. Its a 2008 batch. Amazing.

Now I have the 2011 batch, hope it can surpass the compliments of the 2008 batch.
    Aventus came out in 2010...

Patchouli Patch gets me lots of compliments

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Aventus came out in 2010...
    Uhhhh....yes. That is just what I thought.

Basenotes Plus

Freshly printed hundreds

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Uhhhh....yes. That is just what I thought.
    that's what I thought too!

Well obviously it's what you all thought, it's a fact....

Oddly my biggest female compliment getter is Diesel Zero Plus. I live in a fairly rural areal most of the year, so could that be a difference in palette?

Side note, I do get quite a bit of male "attention" if you know what I mean, wink wink, and they love me in Chrome or Z-14.
    "Whiff Guy" Argent
    http://whiffguy.blogspot.com

I am surprised, with all the post's about people drooling over Aventus - I have yet to land a single compliment.

Erm, Aventus didn't come out until 2010...

Reflection Man got me a few compliments this past weekend. My friends wife was like "That cologne you have on smells terrific, unlike anything I've ever smelled before".

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    Erm, Aventus didn't come out until 2010...
    You sir, have been vetted!

Aventus
    Black XS
    Tobacco Vanille

Bond no.9 New Haarlem

YSL la Nuit and Chanel Platinum Egoiste...

I've lost count of the number of compliments I get from women with either of these...

though I don't like either one on me much...

Surprisingly, Yatagan.

Chanel allure sport got me a female compliment at work last night.

A): I used to work at a company that did not allow frangrances of any sort, lawsuits over allergies etc., so I lost that habit over the 17 years there

B): am now self-empoyed teaching music lessons, and wearing fragrances is not appropriate due to female clients thinking I am flirting or using innuendo

C): If by some chance I should go to the mall and ask a female employee in a store what fragrance to wear, #1: she will think I'm hitting on her (thanks to the ahole that wrote "The Game" they think this is why guys ask), or #2: my girlfriend will think I am hitting on her (or worse: that I'm planning on hitting on someone in secret, which is why I'd be wanting to start wearing cologne all of a sudden)

D): what's a compliment?

P.S. I can't smell fragrances on people (not even on myself) except when it's over-done.

fml
    Last edited by cluelesswonder; 24th May 2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typos, forgot some material

Quote Originally Posted by mike59271 View Post
    I am surprised, with all the post's about people drooling over Aventus - I have yet to land a single compliment.
    Basenotes is flooded with Creed sales reps. Look at the post counts of them.
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Le Male lways gets me compliments...

I sprayed some l'occitane edt on me before purchasing it today and on the train the girl (mid twenties) sitting opposite asked me what I was wearing and said it was gorgeous. First time I've ever been able to whip out the bottle to show the complimenter what it was !

A compliment, from a stranger no less, on day 1 is always a good sign !

My girlfriend complimented me on Gucci 2 last night and it was several hours after I put it on. It's a very intimiate cologne but I think it projects much better than than I originally thought.

Oddly, I tend to get more compliments on more spicy fragrances than citrus/aquatics/creeds. Recent compliment getters:

Havana
    Fahrenheit
    Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

Spicy scents fit my personality well, but I'm still not necessarily convinced of a causal relationship. Usually I get a compliment after a hug (I'm a one-spray kind of guy) and I tend to get more hugs in the evening when I wear more spicy scents. I really ought to switch that pattern around for a while in the name of science.

Not spicy, but Black March Absolute is a huge compliment getter among artsy college girls. Wish it lasted longer, though!

Quote Originally Posted by mike59271 View Post
    Maybe it the ever elusive 2008 batch....LOL.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Habit Rouge ( Guerlain ) and French Lover ( Frederick Malle ).

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Reflection Man got me a few compliments this past weekend. My friends wife was like "That cologne you have on smells terrific, unlike anything I've ever smelled before".
    I've got a sample of this. In fact I bought a whole set containing all the major Amouage mens fragrances.
    Reflection Man reminds me of Le Male, but a more grown-up refined version. Nice scent, but too pricey to warrant a purchase due to the Le Male similarities. What do you think?

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by aldo milani View Post
    Habit Rouge ( Guerlain ) and French Lover ( Frederick Malle ).
    Finally, someone who has mentioned 'French Lover'! I recently purchased several (samples) of Frederick Malle's top selling male fragrances and I adore 'French Lover'. It's so sophisticated, yet at the same time so masculine and rugged. I'm thinking of buying a full bottle, but I'm still a little unsure of the best setting to wear such a fragrance. Work, or pleasure? When have you worn it and what kind of responses have you had from people?

The fragrance which I received the most compliments on is something which was a signature scent of mine years ago, don't wear it any more, although I still have some left somewhere. It's Uomo, by Police. I just bought 'Cool Water Pure Pacific' today and put some on this evening. Two compliments received within a couple of hours...

"Someone smells good here", while at work

Millesime Imperial

Flippin eck the perfume hater has just said he loves musc from mona di orio

Quote Originally Posted by Orieno View Post
    Hahahahaha. Sorry but that made me lol.
    I'm one of the guys who never gets any compliments on anything fragrance related.
    The funny thing is, when I go clubbing I can hear my friends and sometimes strangers inhaling and sniffing...
    I wear stuff like Pure Malt, Dior Homme Intense, l'Instant Extreme, Rochas Man when I go out and it happens all the time...

Compliments on perfume is a very intimate and personal thing over here.
    It's basically seen as flirting.

Yesterday I was testing Aqua Fahrenheit. Two sprays on my arm and I took the bus back home.
    There was this Asian girl sniffing and inhaling through the nose in a very obvious way, like she could smell something good.

After reading all this hype about Aventus, I ordered a sample to try it. Damn, this stuff is good, I wore it today for the first time and I already got a compliment. I think I need to buy a bigger bottle :P

I started counting votes from everyone starting from first post, im on 3rd page now, in one week i guess, i will publish the list.

Quote Originally Posted by denondj View Post
    I started counting votes from everyone starting from first post, im on 3rd page now, in one week i guess, i will publish the list.
    Don't waste your time. I've got the list, I published it on page 65. I omitted some things out there, but I've added them back in and I'm keeping it up-to-date. I think it's probably too soon to post it again (it's massive), but if you PM me I'll send it to you.

Amouage Jubilation XXV

Lady behind me at 7-11 this morning while getting coffee. "You smell decadent."

I sampled virgin island water today and the about an hour later while talking to the girl working in a certain clothing store, she commented on how good I smelt. 'smells like summer'.