Code of Conduct
Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,320 of 5886
    Dependent

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Went to a club yesterday and I did dance with a girl. When she got close she told me that I didnt smell like CK, Boss, Armani or Cool Water specifically. Thanks to Dior Homme Intense, it did break the ice and got us talking till morning

Just in case youre wondering why its a little more unique here, DHI cant be found locally!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by Telalun View Post
    Amouage Jubilation XXV

Lady behind me at 7-11 this morning while getting coffee. "You smell decadent."
    Haha...that's not quite a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsisa View Post
    Haha...that's not quite a compliment.
    Ha ha... I like it.

If you guys had to pick which would you choose: YSL L`homme or chanel platinum egoiste

chanel platinum egoiste

Met a girl a a nightclub last night. When she got close"OMG you smell great!" "You have expensive taste" I replied and refused to tell her the name. She called two friends over and insisted they smell me and spent the next two hours repeatedly shoving her face into my neck.

Aventus. One spray to neck, one to wrists

Creed Original Cologne

Chanel Bleu seems to attract females big time....chicks love this shit.

Basenotes Member

The three fragrances that I have recieved the most compliments on are: Abercrombie-Fierce (before you judge this one harshly, get a decant sample and walk around Barnes and Noble for 15 minutes near any woman and I could almost guarantee you recieve a compliment) Creed-Silver Mountain Water: lots of doubletakes on this one, I wear this to class and my classmates always mention it smells soo good (this is my favorite) Kiton-Man: This is a sleeper, my most used scent as of lately. Girls love to bury their face at my neck to take this one in...hugs always last longer when I wear this, just discovered this one recently-got it from a friend. It really, really reminds me of Green Irish Tweed with a soft, elegant added floral note. If you like green irish tweed, you will really like this one.

I've received compliments on La Nuit, Bleu de Chanel, H.M., MI, even complimented on Third Man several times. But the two I've had great positive response to are Yatagan and...Kouros. Yes, the King of Stink has garnered far more compliments than I ever imagined.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I wonder how many posts on here are from employees of Creed? Mmm...I'll just have to get a sample of this magical Aventus and see what all the fuss is about hadn't I?

Anyone know where I can get a sample of Aventus in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by EM32 View Post
    The three fragrances that I have recieved the most compliments on are: Abercrombie-Fierce (before you judge this one harshly, get a decant sample and walk around Barnes and Noble for 15 minutes near any woman and I could almost guarantee you recieve a compliment) Creed-Silver Mountain Water: lots of doubletakes on this one, I wear this to class and my classmates always mention it smells soo good (this is my favorite) Kiton-Man: This is a sleeper, my most used scent as of lately. Girls love to bury their face at my neck to take this one in...hugs always last longer when I wear this, just discovered this one recently-got it from a friend. It really, really reminds me of Green Irish Tweed with a soft, elegant added floral note. If you like green irish tweed, you will really like this one.
    Wow, didn't expect to hear those magical words uttered ever again. Kiton Man is indeed a sleeper. Used to own it years ago, great fragrance, but not as readily available as it once was. Made by the Aramis house I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Don't waste your time. I've got the list, I published it on page 65. I omitted some things out there, but I've added them back in and I'm keeping it up-to-date. I think it's probably too soon to post it again (it's massive), but if you PM me I'll send it to you.
    Thank you very much Velly for the good work you did. It's definitely appreciated

And also....

I received compliments the other day on the classic and timeless Boss Bottled.

What's cool about it is that it was incredible popular (still somewhat popular) several years ago and so people have forgotten about it. But it has such great combination and pizzazz to it, that you wouldn't think it was made from Boss.

My top 5 complimented colognes.

1. Le Male... yea, suck it haters!
    2. John Varvatos
    3. Gucci Guilty Intense
    4. Tous In Heaven
    5. Polo Green... go figure.

honorable mention... Nautica Oceans and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

I've gotten compliments on Eau De Baux.

When I entered a high-end vegan cafe yesterday ( disclosure : I am not vegan) after an intense chest workout doused in Eau De Baux, I noticed the two female cashiers raptly look at me and linger a little longer than usual.

When I made my way to the counter, one of the cashiers said verbatim : " I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but you smell incredible (sic)"

The other one chimed in "The smell just wafted in when you came and it was so good."

I've seen some girls in my vicinity stare at me when wearing Eau De Baux. Granted, I'm 6"5, 220,muscular, and have an immaculate designer beard and fresh haircut and my friends jokingly call me the "The Uncrowned King", but it's obvious this scent attracts attention in a positive way.

I got a compliment wearing LIDGE ... I went to the gym and in the underground car garage as I was walking to the elevator, I passed 2 women chatting and one began to say "what's that smell" or something to that effect, but wasn't aware it was directed at me, until the woman raised her voice and directed at at me. When I asked her what the smell was like, she replied

"You smell like a reaaaaaaaal man". I kid you not.

It was a hot day, and I wore Allure Edition Blanche earlier, then LIDGE. I think she was complimenting LIDGE, but my regrettable tendency to layer and experiment and wear more than one frag sometimes makes it difficult to ascertain exactly what scent is being complimented.

I got some "You always smell so good" from a cashier at Panera Bread, I wore Aventus and Edition Blanche mostly, sometimes Terre D'Hermes.

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    honorable mention... Nautica Oceans and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Nautica Oceans? Really? ...I'm not being sarcastic, I promise. It's fascinating seeing a $20 scent and a $200 scent (for 1.7 oz) listed side by side like that.

Listen to me:
    In my team at work we are in 8 (5 girls). All of them LOVE my MKK!! ahahh :O

Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by themoogle View Post
    Granted, I'm 6"5, 220,muscular, and have an immaculate designer beard and fresh haircut and my friends jokingly call me the "The Uncrowned King"
    lol

Another for Aventus (This is becoming ridiculous), but I had some pretty impressive compliments when I went out to a Patio nightclub on the weekend. "You smell soo good", and " I could smell you before I saw you", which I generally consider to be "You put too much cologne on", but she said I smelled perfect.

The next morning I got a FB wall post saying "Hey, nice to run into you last night, Me and my Friend thought you smelled ammmaaaaazing"

I don't really like wearing Aventus as much as I used to though, I'm 24 and go out on a consistent basis on the weekends. I'm kind of getting sick of it now, and just associate it with drinking too much and hangovers.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Basenotes Member

Surprisingly, AdG last night.
    I was waiting for my friend at the subway station, and this girl sat right by me and sniffed few times before complimenting on my frag. She continued to sniff away at the scent for 10 minutes until my friend came.
    It was quite awkward actually.

Quote Originally Posted by swix View Post
    Nautica Oceans? Really? ...I'm not being sarcastic, I promise. It's fascinating seeing a $20 scent and a $200 scent (for 1.7 oz) listed side by side like that.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I always wear Nautica Oceans when I want something light and not looking to make an entrance. Funny thing is, I have had a lot of compliments from it. It goes to show that you don't always have to pay the mega bucks to get a compliment.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

few of my friends all wear aventus - its a hyped up scent - no real comments from anyone, infact received more comments
    from stinky body kouros..its a panty dropper..but i dislike the smell..i think lots of creed salesmen lurking on base notes...

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    few of my friends all wear aventus - its a hyped up scent - no real comments from anyone, infact received more comments
    from stinky body kouros..its a panty dropper..but i dislike the smell..i think lots of creed salesmen lurking on base notes...

I own 100 bottles of cologne and Aventus is in my top 3 when it comes to compliments. I don't work for Creed or try to push any of their products, i'm just a honest member of basenotes.

I personally don't like Aventus but I'm not going to deny that the ladies love it!

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I own 100 bottles of cologne and Aventus is in my top 3 when it comes to compliments. I don't work for Creed or try to push any of their products, i'm just a honest member of basenotes.
    checker,

Would you be so kind to share your other top two? Thank-you.

Not a compliment per se, but I got some major "hovering". Asian girl hovered around me and kept glancing at me and stood next to me at Fedex Kinko. She looked horny. I helped her set up the printing on her Macbook Pro.

I was primarily wearing Terre D'Hermes, but I used two sprays of Edition Blanche and two spray sof Aventus (one on knee, one on neck).

Again, could just have been the wondrous amalgamation of fragrances, or one in particular.

not a compliment per se, but i got some major "hovering". Asian girl hovered around me and kept glancing at me and stood next to me at fedex kinko. She looked horny. I helped her set up the printing on her macbook pro.
    lol
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Lumiere Noire pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I have to agree. It maybe that some people just don't wear Aventus well. I do, and have received many compliments. Certainly never worked for Creed, but I have paid them well!

Not a compliment per se, but I got some major "hovering". Asian girl hovered around me and kept glancing at me and stood next to me at Fedex Kinko. She looked horny. I helped her set up the printing on her Macbook Pro.

I was primarily wearing Terre D'Hermes, but I used two sprays of Edition Blanche and two spray sof Aventus (one on knee, one on neck).

Again, could just have been the wondrous amalgamation of fragrances, or one in particular.
    On the KNEE?????

Was the horny Asian girl a dwarf???

"Carolina Herrera Chic for men"
    This get me the most compliments..

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    On the KNEE?????

Was the horny Asian girl a dwarf???
    I'm 6"5 .... and I wear it on the knee so the scent wafts up.

I'm a trendsetter and non conformist.

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    checker,

Would you be so kind to share your other top two? Thank-you.
    Lately I don't rotate my fragrances as much as I use to, but Dior Homme Intense and Bvlgari Extreme are my other two.

1- Montblanc Starwalker! believe or not, it smells great on my skin. I need a new bottle lol
    2- Creed Aventus, this bad boy is a lady killer ;-P
    3- Creed MI - Neroli Portofino
    4- Santal 33 during spring
    Bonus:
    Bvlgari Black, I don't own this guy anymore but this was a lady killer as well

I think themoogle forgot to mention that he wears a kilt when he is out and about

What's that ? You're six inches tall ? then you must be setting world records too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard_Butler View Post
    What's that ? You're six inches tall ? then you must be setting world records too.
    LOL! 6" and wears the fragrance on the knees. The lady ants must really love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roper-Hall View Post
    I think themoogle forgot to mention that he wears a kilt when he is out and about
    Or maybe short shorts....??

Come on now folks, that's clearly a typo on his part.

I will say though... a guy who is nearly 6 and a half feet tall will always get noticed more than the average guy, regardless of what scent he's wearing.

I knew a woman who used to spray perfume on the back of her knees. She said that spot was a perfect pulse point because through an evening of dancing, the scent would rise through her clothes.

Hahaha, "She looked horny". This is hilarious!

Hey, you guys get off themoogle's back. He's obviously a "player" and knows what he's talking about

I was locked in an intimate embrace with a new girl last week when she stopped, looked at me , and said "You smell really great."

Aventus (Disclosure:not a Creed salesman but wish I were so I could get a discount)

Chanel bleu...every time

OK, maybe not a "most" complimented fragrance, given that I've owned it for barely 6 weeks, but whilst staying with family over the weekend...

Got a phone call from a female family member to ask me "if I had left" and at "what time". Strange question, given that I said good bye to everyone before leaving, but the reason she asked is because they could "smell my cologne" afterwards. It came as a whiff all of a sudden on the veranda... I had sprayed the "cologne" on (quite liberally) at about 6am in my room with the window open but the door shut. The call must have been at 1 or 2pm. She said it smelt "like you", which again was weird given that I hadn't owned this one very long. Oh well, I took it as a compliment.

The culprit? In very nearly 40C heat, the wonderful Millesime Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    OK, maybe not a "most" complimented fragrance, given that I've owned it for barely 6 weeks, but whilst staying with family over the weekend...

Got a phone call from a female family member to ask me "if I had left" and at "what time". Strange question, given that I said good bye to everyone before leaving, but the reason she asked is because they could "smell my cologne" afterwards. It came as a whiff all of a sudden on the veranda... I had sprayed the "cologne" on (quite liberally) at about 6am in my room with the window open but the door shut. The call must have been at 1 or 2pm. She said it smelt "like you", which again was weird given that I hadn't owned this one very long. Oh well, I took it as a compliment.

The culprit? In very nearly 40C heat, the wonderful Millesime Imperial
    MI always smells like salt water to me, never detected any watermelon.

MI always smells like salt water to me, never detected any watermelon.
    I think it really depends on the batch you have. I felt the same way about a 2010 batch that I tried in a store. But after I tried a 2011 one, the difference was quite overwhelming.

Put another one down for Chanel Bleu.

The old sweet wingman Rochas Man works his magic!

I went to a club last weekend and this girl comes up to me and says I smell sexy. We go up the back in the corner and she goes down.

Escada Magnetism. Yeah!!!

put one down for Dior Homme

purplepig hope u didnt catch anything

I was at work last night, and a female coworker stood next to me, but not too close. She leaned her face towards me, closed her eyes, and said, "Every time you wear that, I wanna f***" and walked away.

I'm sure she was kidding, but I'll take that as a compliment at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerhero View Post
    I was at work last night, and a female coworker stood next to me, but not too close. She leaned her face towards me, closed her eyes, and said, "Every time you wear that, I wanna f***" and walked away.

Lol, what?? Sexual harrasment! Seriously though did you not follow her to wherever she went off to?

More importantly, you didn't even tell us what you were wearing!

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanCoyote View Post
    More importantly, you didn't even tell us what you were wearing!
    This!

Soccerhero, you kind of missed out the most important piece of information...

"You smell reeeally good today Mister ....!" Bank Teller this AM.
    Bleu de Chanel generic or not it works!

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Thierry Mugler Cologne. Hands down.

Had a very successful 'encounter' with GIT the other night. Just heard she's bought herself a bottle. Not sure how it will smell on her though!

Haha. Sorry! It was Aventus.
    Wow!

Well for me...
    So far ...
    F pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo
    F pour Homme Black by Salvatore Ferragamo
    Hugo Element by Hugo Boss (Yes, strangely)
    Le Male by JPG
    Aventus by Creed
    Millesime Imperial by Creed (Well sort of. The person asked me whether I'm using a new fragrance. I said yes and she smiled)