Code of Conduct
Page 73 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,380 of 6351

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Add ANOTHER one to Bleu de Chanel.......it made her stop in her tracks and U-turn to run up to me and ask the fragrance name and where to get it.

Ive had my bleu bottle for a while now but only recently started to wear it out more often and the compliments are coming fast! Might even rival my Aventus me thinks.

This isn't a specific example but I just stumbled across this video on YouTube and thought some of you guys might be interested in it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfizpfBwYng&feature=plcp

Here is the most up-to-date tally of the thread now in spreadsheet format, featuring all of the nearly 800 fragrances mentioned in this thread and the similar thread in the female forums.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yNk5fLWc#gid=0

Some notes

-I did my best to not include discontinued fragrances. They aren't very popular to begin with and will only continue to be eclipsed by available fragrances that people are still wearing. I also intended this to be a tool to guide tests/buys, so there's not much point in including them from that standpoint.

-The ratio column is a ratio of positive reviews:total reviews compiled from Basenotes, Fragrantica, and several other sites. For Basenotes I counted neutral reviews as negative reviews (nobody wants to waste time with something that's "meh"). Fragrantica gives the average out of 5, so I converted that to a percentage and multiplied by the number of votes to get my positive reviews total for that site. Every compliment from this thread and the female thread is also counted as one positive review.

-Columns E-H are assorted notes about the fragrances that I made in my quest to determine which ones to buy testers of. Most of the information comes from Fragrantica, so please spare me your outrage if some of this doesn't match up with your opinion.

-Sheet 1 contains all fragrances with over 100 total reviews. Sheet 2 Contains the rest. I have a statistical formula on my personal spreadsheet to correct the score for small sample size, but the function it uses is not supported by Google docs, so I opted for the straight ratio instead. This means that if I put the fragrances all on the same sheet and sorted by ratio, the top would be dominated by fragrances that one or two people swear are awesome.

-I will try to keep this updated, but I don't intend to post here every time I do.
    Last edited by Vellyr; 15th June 2012 at 04:59 PM.

HUGO by HUGO BOSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Here is the most up-to-date tally of the thread now in spreadsheet format, featuring all of the nearly 800 fragrances mentioned in this thread and the similar thread in the female forums.

Some notes

-I did my best to not include discontinued fragrances. They aren't very popular to begin with and will only continue to be eclipsed by available fragrances that people are still wearing. I also intended this to be a tool to guide tests/buys, so there's not much point in including them from that standpoint.

-The ratio column is a ratio of positive reviews:total reviews compiled from Basenotes, Fragrantica, and several other sites. For Basenotes I counted neutral reviews as negative reviews (nobody wants to waste time with something that's "meh"). Fragrantica gives the average out of 5, so I converted that to a percentage and multiplied by the number of votes to get my positive reviews total for that site. Every compliment from this thread and the female thread is also counted as one positive review.

-Columns E-H are assorted notes about the fragrances that I made in my quest to determine which ones to buy testers of. Most of the information comes from Fragrantica, so please spare me your outrage if some of this doesn't match up with your opinion.

-Sheet 1 contains all fragrances with over 100 total reviews. Sheet 2 Contains the rest. I have a statistical formula on my personal spreadsheet to correct the score for small sample size, but the function it uses is not supported by Google docs, so I opted for the straight ratio instead. This means that if I put the fragrances all on the same sheet and sorted by ratio, the top would be dominated by fragrances that one or two people swear are awesome.

-I will try to keep this updated, but I don't intend to post here every time I do.
    Thank you kind sir!

Some notes

Impressive work! I hope not non-fragrancejunkies notice this list, if so GIT and Aventus will be the new Le Male and Acqua di Gio...

Thanks a LOT Vellyr! This is wonderful stuff

You don't need to post here everytime you update it... With the link you have given, it will automatically be updated, so we can just check back once in a while

Thanks again

easly KITON MEN...Awesome!!

easly KITON MEN...Awesome!!

One thing I'd love to see added to that excellent spreadsheet: a column for Primary Use. In other words, is it a clubbing scent? A date scent? A work scent? If a scent fits more than one category, list the most appropriate use first. It would be fun to be able to sort the list by Use.

Got a compliment today:

Her: "what is this aftershave you are wearing?"
    Me: "Why?"
    Her: "It smells so lovely. What is it called?"

I was wearing LIDGE, (for my own pleasure, of course ).

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    Impressive work! I hope not non-fragrancejunkies notice this list, if so GIT and Aventus will be the new Le Male and Acqua di Gio...
    Oh please no!!
    The price may stop that from happening... wait, I completely forgot about fragrancenet and their coupons.

Aventus yesterday (And many other days)

Went out to a club/lounge to join some friends. Said Hi to everybody, chilled a little bit... then sat next to a girl that was a friend of a friend. I didn't know her. I was talking to her friend I know... Then she leans in, smells me, and says "You're wearing Creed!"

Woow... I was shocked. Not a lot of people here in Morocco know Creed. I said Yes. She then told me "I told my friend as soon as you came in that I could smell some Creed on someone. I was wondering who is this high-class guy sitting with us."

Haha someone recognized you wearing Creed? That is beyond awesome. She must be a high class lady if she knows Creed!

Quote Originally Posted by soccerhero View Post
    I was at work last night, and a female coworker stood next to me, but not too close. She leaned her face towards me, closed her eyes, and said, "Every time you wear that, I wanna f***" and walked away.

I'm sure she was kidding, but I'll take that as a compliment at the very least.
    It made her want to FART????

Quote Originally Posted by alexjustdoit View Post
    Haha someone recognized you wearing Creed? That is beyond awesome. She must be a high class lady if she knows Creed!
    Exactly!!! I was so impressed!

Some notes

I just looked at the spread sheet, I CAN'T BELIEVE someone actually got a compliment from a female wearing Yatagan!?

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    I wonder how many posts on here are from employees of Creed? Mmm...I'll just have to get a sample of this magical Aventus and see what all the fuss is about hadn't I?

Anyone know where I can get a sample of Aventus in the UK?
    Aventus is the truth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4MH...&feature=g-upl

Quote Originally Posted by swix View Post
    Nautica Oceans? Really? ...I'm not being sarcastic, I promise. It's fascinating seeing a $20 scent and a $200 scent (for 1.7 oz) listed side by side like that.
    I think I'll get more compliments from women wearing Nautica Voyage then TV.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I am generally reserved but when there is a man wearing Millesime Imperial I cannot seem to stand or sit still, definitely. I had to get my husband a bottle after having shared the office with my MI-wearing male boss at work. I go through dozens of scents but this one male fume works, every time. Amazing.

Oh, some Nasomatto creations, like Black Afghano and Pardon can rock on the right guy. No need to shower. Seriously.

This is a safecard if you want compliments from the ladys...
    http://www.basenotes.net/2009/pictur.../320.jpg&w=200

I arrived at a Father's Day cookout and as I was hugging and greeting folks, one enamored young lady, deeply drank in my cologne, exhaled and said, "We can always count on you wearing one of those nice-smelling, expensive colognes!" Whenever I experience a compliment drought, I go to my heavy hitter and she rings one up for me every time.......PURE MALT!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

Musc Ravageurrr wow, i got nice complimentsss

Got two yesterday wearing MI. First my girlfriend who has smelled a bunch of my stuff offered up a "you smell really good" she likes GIT on me and found Aventus ok. We went to a bbq and a male buddy of mine said whatever i had on smelled amazing. This was from a tester i got in Vegas 2 years ago. First thing i did this morning was order a decant

i pray the consistency is the same.

out of all of my wardrobe and my testers, my wife has responded most to Nautica Voyage and Dirty English...kind of a surprise considering the higher end testing I've been doing.

+1 to Issey Miyake
    +1 To Versace Dreamer
    +1 to Versace Blue Jeans

Wow! Back to back days! That's unusual for me. Yesterday it was Aventus and today a friend just swooned over my HANAE MORI.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

+1 Millesime Imperial

Three compliments this AM for Versace Pour Homme the Medusa does it again!

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    Three compliments this AM for Versace Pour Homme the Medusa does it again!
    That has to be my GF's favorite fragrance. EVERYTIME I wear that she goes "umm what is that?" Like she's just smelling it for the first time? I tell her it's the same shit I put on last time I shaved! lol I only have the after shave not the actual bottle. I need to buy one though.

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    It made her want to FART????
    Wow I just laughed hard.

Roca man +1
    YSL L homme +1

First compliment ever. Surprising too actually. Walked into the gas station, "OMG, you smell sooo good" then said it again before I left.

Then I had to go back to pick something up and she said, "Did you just come here so I can smell you?", "You smell Delicious!"

Perry Ellis 360 Red.

Odd, considering its the cheapest stuff I have (6.7 for 30 bucks!)

Quote Originally Posted by problem View Post
    Roca man +1
    YSL L homme +1
    I'm going to assume you actually mean Rochas Man, yes?

I received a nice compliment yesterday on Versace pour homme. I think I'm starting to come around on this one. Initially, I thought it was just OK, but the more I wear it, the more I like it. And if it's going to get compliments it'll be an easy purchase.

duplicate post. Oops.
    Last edited by swix; 21st June 2012 at 06:30 PM.

Some notes

I might be misreading this, but the spreadsheet is currently sorted by number of reviews, not by the ratio of positive to neg/neutral. If you sort by this ratio GIT actually drops very far down the list. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by remyzero View Post
    I might be misreading this, but the spreadsheet is currently sorted by number of reviews, not by the ratio of positive to neg/neutral. If you sort by this ratio GIT actually drops very far down the list. Am I interpreting this correctly?
    The list is sorted by number of compliments in descending order.

I must say I'm a little surprised at many of the frags that made it in the top 20. For instance; Kouros at #14, Acqua di Gio at #7 and at #1 GIT?

I love Kouros, but this scent repels people and I know many friends who wear this and report girls tend to clear a path whenever this is worn, so how on earth this is at #14 for most complemented is beyond me!

Acqua di Gio, is less of a surprise but I'm still dumbfounded as to how made it into the top 20, yet alone in at #7. Safe, fresh scent, but completely unremarkable in my opinion.

Now, GIT I own, and while it is a timeless classic, in my experience ladies find it slightly off putting as it is quite pungent, so I'm very surpised this made it at #1.

Dior Homme Intense at #36? Again, slightly dumbfounded.

All in all, I wear fragrances that I enjoy and which make me feel comfortable - compliments from the ladies while always welcome, do not dictate what I wear at all. But that's just me!

+1 Allure Homme Édition Blanche SOTD...

Chalk one down for Pure Havane today!

2 seperate compliments for A&F Fierce yesterday.

Banned

L'eau D'Issey wears really well for me. I get at least one compliment every time I wear it; it just works extremely well.

+1 Rive Gauche - YSL

+1 Hypnotic Poison

Seriously, this is my most complimented fragrance ever. It's strange, though, that I also receive male complients with this one, a lot of them. Guys very rarely comment on any fragrance I'm wearing, but this one makes them speak.
    The thing is, I also get VERY good longevity and sillage from this, even though it's the EDT version (I use 4-6 sprays).
    HP smells perfectly unisex, in my opinion and it's always funny how women compliment my "sweet cologne" now realizing that it is marketed for them.
    Where I live, almost no one knows about this scent, a bonus for me.
    So, I recommend HP to all of you who want many compliments, especially the Elixir version.

Believe it or not, Lucky You by Lucky Brand... You just have to spray a lot on

Gucci Pour Homme II.

I got a compliment today on my way home with that one while testing it out. I put a spray on each wrist and wandered around for an hour or so. I came home with a sample, so I sprayed my chest with it. At first I was pretty undecided. On my wrists, it smelled too much of tea and just tea. Eventually, I washed it off thinking it didn't work on me at all... but later, I smelled it and remembered that I'd sprayed my chest... and it smelled different. More complex. More masculine. I really liked it. I sprayed my chest again (making it two sprays total). Five hours later, I'm really enjoying it - enough that I may have to go back and buy it. I probably wouldn't wear it during the summer, but it's a cool rainy day here today and Gph2 fit quite nicely. I read here somewhere that it's being discontinued. That's a shame if it's true.

I've been sampling lots of different fragrances lately, but this one really surprised me.

Just got back from Antigua with my girlfriend, when we landed last week I was walking thru the airport and a lady who works there stopped me to ask what I was wearing. It was Creed Aventus once again and it was a good 7 hours after I put it on.

Got a sample of aventus to try out for the weekend and I got a lot of compliments with it. I didn't care for it at first but it kind of grew on me. I didn't feel the projection was too great though. It's something I'll consider getting in the future.

To keep the thread on topic, the most complimented fragrances that I own are probably YSL La Nuit & Givency Play. Then I'd say it's followed by Green Irish Tweed (have a sample that has lasted me forever)
    Last edited by mt219; 24th June 2012 at 08:05 PM.

Creed - Aventus (despite my hate for the stuff)
    TOM FORD - Tuscan Leather.
    Serge Lutens - Chergui.

Aventus gets a crazy amount of compliments for me.

another +1 (again) for Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT

This one yields me the most compliments out of ALL my fragrances. excellent for the summer

Bogart Pour Homme

This is such a great site to find nterestinginformation. I am waiting to read more of your posts soon. Continue the nice work. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    Believe it or not, Lucky You by Lucky Brand... You just have to spray a lot on
    You too? This is one of my cheapies that I will wear to work on occasion and I ALWAYS get at least one compliment on it. Bizarre.

A first ever (for me) compliment for Prada Amber Pour Homme.

Got my first ever compliment from dear wife on a fragrance this AM. "Mmm you smell reeeally good!" Yet another one for Versace Pour Homme!

Aventus for me as well............
    It was a windy day :P
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

"DAMN you always smell good. What IS that?!" -Male coworker

Green Irish Tweed.

Jeff

Thanks to this thread, it is my humble opinion that the price of Aventus has shot up world-wide. I went to a local perfumer today and he told me that he just got the "new" version of Aventus (whatever that meant). The price? $350-120ml.