Code of Conduct
Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,440 of 5720
    Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Musc Ravageur, my friends.

Nice thread. From viewing the first 12 pages and a few of the last ones, I am surprised to see the low number of votes that Platinum Egoiste got, judging from that spreadsheet. I got to go check out all these Creed perfumes tomorrow.
    As for me I got a few compliments wearing Bvulgary Black, Cavalli Black , but most of them for Hascish Royal. My uncle told me how a girl followed him for almost 2 miles and asked him what kind of perfume he was wearing because it was making her go crazy lol it was a Playboy perfume.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a little laugh after a woman complemented me on my frag tonight. After reading this thread for so long and then picking up a sample while in NYC last week... Creed Aventus

I was kind of happy to see that I have 4 of the top 10 - excuse my little pat on the back .

Millesime Imperial and Terre D'Hermes have both gotten me compliments. Somehow I haven't gotten the same luck with Aventus and Green Irish Tweed that others have had!

Thanks so much for putting up that spreadsheet! I've been looking to expand my horizon beyond Creed. None of the samples from Amouage were really worth it for me given the price tag. I just ordered L'eau D'Issay, and ordered 16 samples of various YSL, Aramis, Montale, Caron, etc from Lucky Scent and Aedes.

Something tells me I'm going to be spending some money in the next couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really a compliment but last Sunday my son and I put on Versace Pour Homme before going to church. We sat in a pew just in front of two teenage girls and I could hear them behind us talking... "do you smell that?" "yeah what is that" "I don't know but it smells sooooo good" "yeah it does". I got a nice little chuckle out of this.

Probably a tie between Encre Noir and GIT. More recently, Encre Noir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Le Male, Channel Allure SPORT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    I must say I'm a little surprised at many of the frags that made it in the top 20. For instance; Kouros at #14, Acqua di Gio at #7 and at #1 GIT?

I love Kouros, but this scent repels people and I know many friends who wear this and report girls tend to clear a path whenever this is worn, so how on earth this is at #14 for most complemented is beyond me!

Acqua di Gio, is less of a surprise but I'm still dumbfounded as to how made it into the top 20, yet alone in at #7. Safe, fresh scent, but completely unremarkable in my opinion.

Now, GIT I own, and while it is a timeless classic, in my experience ladies find it slightly off putting as it is quite pungent, so I'm very surpised this made it at #1.

Dior Homme Intense at #36? Again, slightly dumbfounded.

All in all, I wear fragrances that I enjoy and which make me feel comfortable - compliments from the ladies while always welcome, do not dictate what I wear at all. But that's just me!
    i noticed this too and i absolutely agree. I guess what accounts for this is that ladies that are older may find certain colognes more appealing such as kouros and git.

Post Thanks / Like

Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

- - - Updated - - -

opsss, and La Nuit de l'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Post Thanks / Like

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Post Thanks / Like

Bel Ami by Hermes always gets ooooh and ah's as well as Dior Homme Intense. If your slumming it then Farragamo F Black

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Must de Cartier Pour Homme. Longevity and projection are excellent. Received the compliment about 5 hours after initial application.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried my first sample of Aventus yesterday. Must admit that I didn't much care for it. My wife, though, just LOVED it! Much better reaction than from my usual GIT and SMW.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neil4speed View Post
    another for aventus (this is becoming ridiculous), but i had some pretty impressive compliments when i went out to a patio nightclub on the weekend. "you smell soo good", and " i could smell you before i saw you", which i generally consider to be "you put too much cologne on", but she said i smelled perfect.

The next morning i got a fb wall post saying "hey, nice to run into you last night, me and my friend thought you smelled ammmaaaaazing"

i don't really like wearing aventus as much as i used to though, i'm 24 and go out on a consistent basis on the weekends. I'm kind of getting sick of it now, and just associate it with drinking too much and hangovers.

lol
    I was born to shoot guns and smell good doin it!

Shane "The Bopper" Stagg

Post Thanks / Like

"wow you smell nice" she said.

Aventus. (very smokey)

Bleu de Chanel before it ran out! Sweet potion scent.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure you spent a lot of time doing this website! I'm really here to appreciate that you are a good blogger!!! I hope to be read more new commemts. Thank you so much!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a time when I only had Givenchy Pi, which I find acceptable but not great, and Gilette Cool Wave splash. Back then I didn't know much about fragrances, but I thought I'd share that I got many compliments from Cool Wave, which was a bit frustrating because it only costs 10 dollars and it actually just came with my Mach 3 razor, whereas the more expensive Pi never got any It has since got 1 compliment.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

2 compliments while wearing Original Penguin EDT today.

No one said Boss Bottled. I got the maximum compliment on Boss. I got Burberry beat one office lady said that u smell different ...I was like good or bad.." She just smiled... so dont know whether it is good or bad ...her smile sounded good

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked Aventus while everyone was talking about it in this forum. It cost 500$ in India man that is so highly priced. Does it cost the same else where in US / Europe

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just got a compliment from a female coworker on GIT after 12 hours sprayed.

'You wear too much perfume today, but you smell really fantastic. What is it ?'
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raul.iyer View Post
    No one said Boss Bottled. I got the maximum compliment on Boss. I got Burberry beat one office lady said that u smell different ...I was like good or bad.." She just smiled... so dont know whether it is good or bad ...her smile sounded good

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked Aventus while everyone was talking about it in this forum. It cost 500$ in India man that is so highly priced. Does it cost the same else where in US / Europe
    It costs $330 for a 120ml. here in Montreal,Canada.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][/FONT]

i got compliments everytime i wear Zirh Corduroy ♥
    Last edited by taurus32; 5th July 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    My Fragrantica's Profile: http://bit.ly/MBJfXC
    My Favorite Perfumes Store: http://bit.ly/MQjEo5

Post Thanks / Like

oh you smell good".. i was wearing bvlgari pour homme soir on one arm and rive gauche on the other. she like the bvlgari a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by 10dadeo View Post
    oh you smell good".. i was wearing bvlgari pour homme soir on one arm and rive gauche on the other. she like the bvlgari a bit more

Soir is one of my favorites, screams class and sophisication.

you can go for Marquis and creed perfumes And Cubs' perfumews to make attentioon of anybody on you

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I get several compliment for Diesel's Only The Brave, mostly from men. It seems to work a lot better in the winter though, as I find it just a bit thick/heavy to wear in summer.

Versace Eau Fraiche has gotten me a few "that smells good", although I hate the smell of it on me and it smells like paint coming out of the bottle (to me, at least)

Ferrari Light Essence seems to get me the most though. Despite it being a $20 cologne it's really crisp and clean, and lasts a veerryyy long time on me. I went to the a bank and as I walked up to the teller (26-28 yrs old, very cute) she immediately remarked quite loudly, "Wow you smell amazing!! What is that!?" I was a little surprised and slightly embarrassed but, appreciative none the less.

Post Thanks / Like

I still get the most compliments are from the cheapest juice I wear: One Million and La Nuit De L'Homme, particularly the former.
    I've been told Aventus smells like piss and so I try to avoid wearing it. I personally also love Lumiere Noire, but it never gets noticed.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Received two compliments back-to-back days for Le Male.

Wore TdH to work once and a lady said I smell really good, and likewise with Kouros.

Really surprised about the Creeds being at the top because although MI and GIT smell heavenly, they do not project well for me. I only am told I smell nice when my GF is lying beside me.

YSL L'Homme Libre, and Annick Goutal Stables

Post Thanks / Like

I work as a photographer at popular night clubs & bars in Adelaide (Australia) and have had MANY compliments with 1 Million by Paco Rabanne.

Others that have been very popular have been:
    Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier
    L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    Eau Fraiche by Versace
    Leau D'Issey by Issey Miyake

1 Million DEFINITELY takes the cake with just about all ladies (girls?!) of varying ages (most seem to be 18-21).

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Received some good compliments last night while wearing Ralph Lauren Safari. Must wear it more often!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got the chance to sample all the Creed fragrances I've been meaning to try out for some time and here are my initial findings from smelling on paper strip;

Aventus - what's all the fuss about? Generic, fruity and completely unremarkable in my oppinion.
    SMW - reminded me of GIT, anyone else get that?
    Royal Oud - nice, subtle, very little oud detectable
    Bois de Portugal - pungent, strange, def unique
    Himalaya - actually liked this one best. fresh, sharp, unique
    Original Santal - sweet, slightly generic, hints of Joop?
    Original Vetiver - nice, not the best vetiver I've come across by any means

I know these were all initial impressions, but we all rightly or wrongly make judgements on fragrances from our initial take and I must say I was quite dissapointed in most of the Creeds I sampled, with the exception of Himalaya.
    Aventus was a real let down to my nose, although naturally one would have to full wear this to get a full a impression.

In the end I purchased a great and I mean great fragrance in French Lover by Frederic Malle - now there's a fragrance which on initial sniff had that 'WOW' factor...
    My 'Signatures' (in alphabetical order)...

French Lover - EdP Frederic Malle
    Green Irish Tweed - Creed
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Platinum Egoiste - CHANEL

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to try French lover keep hearing good things

"Major wow factor!"

Arabian oud Siraj
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

1) Scent Intense Costume National (absolutely the most complimented in my life),
    2) Havana Aramis,
    3) Habit Rouge Guerlain,
    A lot complimented also are Shiseido Basala, Caraceni 1913, Romeo Gigli Classic Pour Homme, Egoiste Chanel, Black Aoud Montale, L'air du desert maroccain Tauer, Black Cashmere Donna Karan, Black Afgano Nasomatto, New York Oud Bond, Lyric Man Amouage, Sel de Vetiver the Different Company, Ambra Nera Farmacia Ss. Annunziata, Kiton Black, Heritage Guerlain, Green Irish Tweed Creed, Tsar V&A and others.

Post Thanks / Like

Eau Savage Extreme Dior
    Musc Narciso Rodriguez
    Tuscany per Uomo Aramis
    Tsar Van Cleef and Arpels
    Platinum Egoiste
    Cartier Declaration essence

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    1) Scent Intense Costume National (absolutely the most complimented in my life),
    2) Havana Aramis,
    3) Habit Rouge Guerlain,
    A lot complimented also are Shiseido Basala, Caraceni 1913, Romeo Gigli Classic Pour Homme, Egoiste Chanel, Black Aoud Montale, L'air du desert maroccain Tauer, Black Cashmere Donna Karan, Black Afgano Nasomatto, New York Oud Bond, Lyric Man Amouage, Sel de Vetiver the Different Company, Ambra Nera Farmacia Ss. Annunziata, Kiton Black, Heritage Guerlain, Green Irish Tweed Creed, Tsar V&A and others.
    Good to see you on the forums, Darvant. Really enjoy your reviews, and we share an uncommon love for Scent Intense

I'll have to check out some of these others that you mention.

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely, I always get compliments from ladies when I wear CK One.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much hobbes22, Scent Intense is wonderful, i've tried the best niche brands but Scent Intense is the favourite by the ladies all over the world.

Chalk another one up for Bleu de Chanel. People dog it but it gets results 100% of the time. They love it.

+1 from a stranger on Gucci Pour Homme II.

her: "MMmmmm..."
    me: "Excuse me?"
    her: "Oh, hi. You smell really good."
    me: "Mmmmmm!!!" (and a grin)
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 14th July 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few that have given me the most compliments:

A*men Thierry Mugler (the most)
    JPG Le Male
    Creed Aventus
    Creed GIT
    Versace Eau Fraiche
    Bleu de Chanel
    Guerlain L'Instant EDP (second most)

Jose

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    +1 from a stranger on Gucci Pour Homme II.

her: "MMmmmm..."
    me: "Excuse me?"
    her: "Oh, hi. You smell really good."
    me: "Mmmmmm!!!" (and a grin)
    How many sprays of GPHII did you use? I like the scent but I find it to have weak projection and can't imagine anyone smelling this if not up close. Would require minimum 5 sprays IMO for stranger to smell this.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    How many sprays of GPHII did you use? I like the scent but I find it to have weak projection and can't imagine anyone smelling this if not up close. Would require minimum 5 sprays IMO for stranger to smell this.
    I've read reviews of GphII that say it's weak or doesn't last, but I don't understand at all. I only wear 2 sprays of GphII. 1 to the chest and 1 as a mist I walk through before putting my shirt on. I got the comment yesterday 2 hours after application, and Iit lasted me for hours. I could even smell GphII on my shirt this morning.

I think many people mistake the gentle nature of the scent for it being weak. It's definitely not. If I wore 5 sprays of this, I'd be a walking cloud of tea.

...I wonder if GphII is a smell that some people adjust to and tune out more easily than others? This stuff has amazing longevity, and it's potent. It's not a Terre d'Hermes that cuts through a room like a spear, but it's really strong in its own way.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 14th July 2012 at 05:23 PM.

duplicate post

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Creed Spice & Wood; Creed Royal Oud
    without a doubt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darvant View Post
    Thank you so much hobbes22, Scent Intense is wonderful, i've tried the best niche brands but Scent Intense is the favourite by the ladies all over the world.
    Darvant, thanks for writing so many eloquent reviews. It's hard to believe that English is not your native language.

I hesitate to talk too much about Scent Intense on this thread (don't want every Aventus wearer to start wearing it), but it's magical. My twin brother and I both love this stuff, and I've received some extreme compliments while wearing it.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a cookout yesterday:

Girl #1 (greets me and hugs me tightly) "My heavens! You smell divine!"
    Girl #2 (hearing her ecstatic squeals, comes over and greets me with a bear hug) "Yeah, girl, I see what you are talking about! What is it you're wearing? You smell fantastic!!"
    (I'm just standing there with this shit-eating grin on my face).
    ONE MILLION!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Tuscan Leather, Reflection Man, Midnight In Paris, Geir Ness, Pure Havane, DHI, Costume National 21, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Verdon Eau de Toilett

Yesterday at a formal dinner :

Amouage Gold

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cadenz View Post
    I was at a cookout yesterday:

Girl #1 (greets me and hugs me tightly) "My heavens! You smell divine!"
    Girl #2 (hearing her ecstatic squeals, comes over and greets me with a bear hug) "Yeah, girl, I see what you are talking about! What is it you're wearing? You smell fantastic!!"
    (I'm just standing there with this shit-eating grin on my face).
    ONE MILLION!
    So how did the 1 Mil fair in the hot weather. I was in Charleston, SC for a cookout Saturday and was drenched with sweat by end of day. Not sure any frag would have lasted in that heat/humidity.

Dior Homme Intense.

Wore it on a date last night. Girl would not shut up about how I smell. Projects very well =)

Post Thanks / Like

allure homme sport....people love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markeezy956 View Post
    allure homme sport....people love it!
    it is a pretty good scent. i should wear mine more

Without a doubt: La Nuit

And oddly enough: Oud 27 of all things goes over well. And Musc Ravageur, which people either love or hate. But WHEN they love it...o wow....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldheadjim View Post
    So how did the 1 Mil fair in the hot weather. I was in Charleston, SC for a cookout Saturday and was drenched with sweat by end of day. Not sure any frag would have lasted in that heat/humidity.
    Actually, it held up very well. The women loved it. It was a total surprise to me because it is not one of my favorites. However, I have a newfound respect for ol' 1 MIL and will keep it in mind for a go-to scent when I'm starving for a compliment. LOL
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Tuscan Leather, Reflection Man, Midnight In Paris, Geir Ness, Pure Havane, DHI, Costume National 21, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Verdon Eau de Toilett

Quote Originally Posted by chaosman View Post
    Dior Homme Intense.

Wore it on a date last night. Girl would not shut up about how I smell. Projects very well =)

Reformulation or vintage?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I'd also like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Reformulation which I purchased from strawberrynet. A total of 4 sprays about an hour before we met up. One on each side of the neck one on the chest and one on my right wrist. Probably a bit too much but on my skin it doesn't project as well so I have to use a bit more.

Express Reserve for me. It may be more situation.. but works everytime.