Code of Conduct
Page 75 of 238 FirstFirst ... 25 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 7116

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Last night I received a very passionate compliment from a lady-friend. I believe her words were, "Whatever you were wearing tonight, please don't ever stop wearing it!" The scent in question??

The underrated Brooks Brothers New York Gentleman
    brooks-brothers-perfume2.jpg

Got a compliment wearing Fleur du Male today.
    Maybe it's not as bad as I thibnk it is ... hmm?!

come on now guy, PURE MALT is a beast as a attention AND compliment getter. it is one of the best gourmands out there...too bad its been discontinued.

I am convinced that women like those fresh scents. I received a compliment on Versace PH.

Has anybody ever mixed something with Kouros to make a good combo. I am trying to wear this frag, but the only time I can do that is to the golf course where I am not going to offend anybody. I seem to think that Kouros smells its best combine with a little sweat. Am I the only one who thinks this?
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

My personal women & frag experiences compiled over the last few years.

General rules of thumb:

1) What "you" think smells great is usually not the same thing as what a woman think smells great. Do you think Kouros stinks? So do I, but there are a lot of women who like this smell for some reason so if that is your aim, try to learn to like it.

2) "You smell nice" and "I want you" are two different things.

3) There is an art to applying a frag, and each frag is different. The same frag applied differently can have different results.

4) Read #3 again.

Your results may vary, but...

"Frags for when you want to 'close the deal'" (which generally means not wearing it to work)

Chanel Anteus - In the right hands, one of the best! This is not an "oh, you smell nice" frag, it's one that will make a lot of women want to hug you, especially if they've had a drink or two. Not for boys. It's very potent so use with caution or it may backfire. Seems to have the best effect on gals in their early 30's and up.

Ungaro III - This is kind of a sleeper. Forget that nonsense about it being "dark" or "goth", this one does the job! Once again, use with care.

Versace "The Dreamer". Takes about an hour to kick in, then real good. Not as good as the two above though. Attractive to women, not girls.

YSL M7 & M7 Fresh - Very good, but once again, use with care.

"Frags that get me compliments consistently"

YSL Body Korous - Good for the under 30 crowd.
    Victor & Rolf "Antidote" - Go figure! (Doesn't last though)
    Lanvin "Arpege PH" - ("sexy" was the last comment I got on this one, another sleeper I think. Lasts forever.)
    Chanel Homme "Sport" - Young gals like this one, end of story.

"Frags that get compliments every now and then"

Chanel Platinum Egoist
    Dior Homme
    Musc Ravageur
    L'eau D'Issey PH

"Frags which I still haven't come to complete conclusions about."

YSL Kouros (patience, patience. I do think women like it though. I'm leaning towards putting this up at the top. Not for amateurs, that's for sure.)
    Kiehl's Original Musk (Ditto above)

"Frags I think women don't really think care that much about but which I will wear anyway because 'I' like them."

Just about any Guerlain frag (Last female comment on Habit Rouge - "baby powder")
    YSL Rive Gauche (worth the money!)
    Guerlain Vetiver (worth the money!)
    Lalique Encre Noire (worth the money!)
    Creed GIT (not worth the money!)

Quote Originally Posted by aud8us View Post
    My personal women & frag experiences compiled over the last few years.

3) There is an art to applying a frag, and each frag is different. The same frag applied differently can have different results.
    So what is the secret to applying Kourus? Please help me on this one.

I think the trick to applying Kouros is to spray it on your dog and then kick it out of the house............

Quote Originally Posted by dawgmedman View Post
    So what is the secret to applying Kourus? Please help me on this one.
    Before you put your shirt on, spray it from kind of far away towards your neck/chest area to make the spray pattern more diverse, use only maybe 2 sprays, and wait for awhile before putting your shirt back on. It's nice after that. I couldn't stand it at first but I noticed it sometimes gets a good reaction. I think people put this stuff on too heavy and then it reeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    I think the trick to applying Kouros is to spray it on your dog and then kick it out of the house............
    Now, thats funny. Does it still compliments from the ladies when used this way. LOL

aud8us,
    I am going to try that. I guess I was one of those who over applied it. I used a spray on my chest, one on the wrist, and then one on the shirt.

Sur la Plage

A female co-worker said I smelled really nice today. My SOTD is Olivier Durbano Turquoise.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hmmm, if the point of this thread is to catalog which frags get the most compliments, reporting each positive compliment we get will skew the results.

That's why in my count I didn't include the 'I just got a compliment' tallies but only the ones where people said they got compliments regularly or most from it. I recognized that once in a blue moon compliments are normal along the way but not what the thread was looking for.

Before you put your shirt on, spray it from kind of far away towards your neck/chest area to make the spray pattern more diverse, use only maybe 2 sprays, and wait for awhile before putting your shirt back on. It's nice after that. I couldn't stand it at first but I noticed it sometimes gets a good reaction. I think people put this stuff on too heavy and then it reeks.
    Thanks for that Advice. I think you were exactly right. I wore one spray of Kouros on my chest, then topped it with some body kouros to my chest, wrists and shirt. As soon as I got to work, a lady told me I smelled good. Funny thing is, I put more body kouros than kouros but I smelled the kouros more. Next time, it's going to be Kouros by itself.

My doctor just told me I smell wonderful and asked what I was wearing !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    My doctor just told me I smell wonderful and asked what I was wearing !!!!
    So, What was the scent of the day?

Mine was Black Aoud and got a compliment as soon as I got to the office. I just think that is not just anybody who feels comfortable asking what you are wearing. I usually respond by describing my clothes :-)) Sometimes, it makes them blush.

My personal women & frag experiences compiled over the last few years...

"Frags that get compliments every now and then"...

Kiehl's Original Musk (Ditto above)...
    One of my female students approached me after finishing classes, started asking me a question, stopped talking and said "I smell baby powder". I asked her to smell my wrist and after sniffing she said "oh, it is you". I explained her what it was. She did not seem very excited about it. Still, I really like it.
    Last edited by Pollux; 30th June 2010 at 02:04 AM.

This week my friend had bought from me my Polo Modern Reserve: it was a a blind buy, not really to my taste, but he likes it very much. In the "free place" there came Aigner Black. He said it is terribly good. I think he would buy it immediately, too. And today my sister said in the fresh summer breeze that my beautiful smell fills the place, in a kind of good sense Aigner Black, you seem to be a really masculin, nice scent.

This is easy...

Polo Green!

Over the years, this cologne has easily gotton the most compliments. It can be worn at any age or for any occasion...I'd almost say it's the perfect scent.

If I could have only one cologne to wear, it would be Polo Green.

iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

Beautiful female co-worker just said: "You smell beautiful". So... award goes to YSL Live Jazz today.

iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

Got a compliment wearing Sonia Rykiel MAN last weekend.
    Last edited by iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro; 12th July 2010 at 05:50 AM.

I wore Rochas Man out clubbing this weekend. Not one, not two, but three lovely ladies (one 26 years old, one 29, one 22) all gave compliments.

Quite funny watching them, they all sniffed the air then started looking round try to find the source of the scent. So yeah, thumbs up to Rochas Man, great value stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    I wore Rochas Man out clubbing this weekend. Not one, not two, but three lovely ladies (one 26 years old, one 29, one 22) all gave compliments.

Quite funny watching them, they all sniffed the air then started looking round try to find the source of the scent. So yeah, thumbs up to Rochas Man, great value stuff.
    You asked their age?

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    You asked their age?
    I knew two of girls already. And the other I was, er, chatting up and she asked my age, so naturally, I asked how old she was too.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Every time I wear LaCoste original (from 1984) the ladies go nuts. Nothing else has ever come close to such enthusiastic female response.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

le male
    a men
    blv notte

My top two for this summer have been Paris Hilton For Men ans La Nuit De L'Homme.
    I went to a BBQ and nearly everyone complimented me on Paris Hilton. It's been a very big favorite numerous times. La Nuit De L'Homme has gotten me tons as well with all being very flattering.
    Honorable mentions: Fierce, Chrome and Fire Island.

Got a ton of compliments last night when I wore Creed's original Santal. Few girls said I smelled "amazing, what is that?"

jil sander man, 4 sprays, 25yo friend's wife, 'you smell nice what is it?' after a hello-cheek-kiss

and lalique encre noire but the comment was ... "hmm you smell like a mosquito sprayer"
    Last edited by yrk; 20th July 2010 at 01:54 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Last week I walked into a training class in the morning at my job that was comprised of mostly women, probably about 10 ladies, all at least 24 years old, one was maybe 40 but mostly young women in there mid 20's to early 30's. I was in the back of the room for maybe 10 seconds top...

...I didn't think anything of it until several of them walked past me on their way home for the day asking me was I the guy that was smelling good in the training class. One girl had even emailed me telling me that everyone was talking about it that day so I was certainly quite flattered.... SCENT IN QUESTION: Versace Man Eau Fraiche

Default Re: Looking for a sensual, seductive frag for males

I tell you a good night out club type scent that will garner attention and compliments is Yves Saint Laurent's La Nuit De L'Homme... excellent excellent scent my friend and not too pricey either. Get this frag!!! LOL
    Last edited by jaironhoward; 19th July 2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 75 of 238 FirstFirst ... 25 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 125 175 ... LastLast