Code of Conduct
Page 76 of 240 FirstFirst ... 26 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 7188

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Haha great story, jaironhoward! I'll tell ya, Versace Man Eau Fraiche doesn't get a ton of respect down here, but it has this musky drydown that just smells great. It's always good to have those great experiences.

Typically my wife likes what I wear well enough, but doesn't comment much one way or the other. But the other night I sprayed on a little Rive Gauche (which I'd only started wearing within the past month, and only to work) before bed, and she LOVED it. I was a little surprised as it's considered a pretty safe, stodgy scent.

Wore Lacoste Essential to work today and a female coworker noticed it on me 10 hours after application. Great summer scent!

Walked into a room where the dinner function was held, I was wearing Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. It was a cold winter night.

The moment I walked in, my friend turned around and exclaimed "YOU SMELL SO GOOD", and others came and continued showering me with compliments.

I felt flattered but at the same time a tad bit embarrassed because the attention was given to me, but deep down I knew this fragrance was a GREAT BUY!

Amazing fragrance

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is a great scent! Sillage and longevity are both admirable. Hopefully you won't tire of it after 12 months like I did. Its a real compliment-getter in my book.

Have had some good compliments with Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin also. Lovely stuff.

My bigsister, who never ever notice my frags, well, she is bound to notice them, but
    never comment on them, complimented me on Fahrenheit Absolute the other day
    ... that's the second compliment on that frag in two wears! Must fit me quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    My bigsister, who never ever notice my frags, well, she is bound to notice them, but
    never comment on them, complimented me on Fahrenheit Absolute the other day
    ... that's the second compliment on that frag in two wears! Must fit me quite well.
    How's Fahrenheit Absolute in comparison to 32 and the original?

The ones I seem to compliment on are:

Narciso Rodriguez for men - amazing
    Roxy Quicksilver
    Chanel platinum egotiste
    Hermes Terre d'hermes
    Armani Mania for men

I have received compliments on

YSL - L'Homme
    D&G - Pour Homme
    Dior - Homme
    Polo- Double Black (most compliments)

I keep hearing good things about Hanae Mori---I tried a sample and from Macy's but thought it smelled similar to Polo DB. I will give it a try--very aromatic smell.

Got a couple yesterday wearing SMW. Damn, I wish I liked the scent more. A super sexy scent on chicks, but a bit too femme on moi.

Yeah, Adonis, for some reason SMW always got me the most enthusiastic compliments. I actually don't think it's that feminine, compared to what's out there marketed for men.

Blog Entries

Versace's: Man Eau Frauchie'.

Diesel's: Only The Brave.

Yves Saint Laurent: L''Homme.

Pi from Givenchy
    Jean Paul Guiltier La Male

Versace Dreamer, Michael by Michael Kors, Very Irresitsable by Gievenchy, YSL L'homme. Bee's to honey!

Got a very positive reaction from the wife with Green Irish Tweed yesterday. So far it's the ones I consider "safe" that she really seems to like.

MKK... my wife really loves this on me!!!

Last compliment I got lately were from my male friends in fact.

Joop! Nightflight
    Kenzo Pour Homme
    Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy

i get compliments for different fragrances from different women. i mean really different fragrances: i got compliments for egoiste platinum (which i never wear - it was a sample), ted by ted lapidus, armani cologne, armani white, dupont signature, gucci envy. half of those i dislike. the ones i like are armani cologne, armani white and gucci envy and not all the time. instead i use layering. i discovered my favorite being l'eau d'issey-pancaldi-YSL monsieur.

i took a girl to dinner tonight and wore Burberry Brit. Ive never seen a girl have a reaction to my fragrance then this one. she could NOT stay off me.

AVENTUS......the new kid on the block that my wife is raving about when i wear it....it really is wonderful stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    i took a girl to dinner tonight and wore Burberry Brit. Ive never seen a girl have a reaction to my fragrance then this one. she could NOT stay off me.
    You assume she was reacting to the fragrance. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    AVENTUS......the new kid on the block that my wife is raving about when i wear it....it really is wonderful stuff!!!
    I believe this one is going to soar to the top of the list. I am getting compliments left and right with this one. I will buy the 4oz bottle next.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Old guy here confirming Aventus makes an impression. But some of you young guys on the prowl make sure you sample it first.
    It is nice stuff that seems to strike a fresh, contemporary accord with women indeed. But it is not potent like some of the club scents many guys favor. It's pretty quiet (at least on me) and fades pretty fast.

I do like it though and think it will be a hit in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Old guy here confirming Aventus makes an impression. But some of you young guys on the prowl make sure you sample it first.
    It is nice stuff that seems to strike a fresh, contemporary accord with women indeed. But it is not potent like some of the club scents many guys favor. It's pretty quiet (at least on me) and fades pretty fast.

I do like it though and think it will be a hit in this thread.
    What you are saying is quite right is soft and fades, but come on tell the truth. You are just saying that so that they won't buy it and you can take all the women from all the young bucks. lol

I got a nice compliment one day at school from some girl. I was walking to my car after i finished my classes for the day and on the way, two girls are walking my direction, on the right side a cute girl and on the left a grenade.As I'm getting near them they pull away from each other and they make room for me to walk between them. So I pass them, and in the background I hear the girl on the right side ask her friend,"did you smell that guy?", and the grenade says "no, why?", and the girl on the right responds by saying, "He smells good, really good." In my mind was like "Yes!". Escada Magnetism.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    What you are saying is quite right is soft and fades, but come on tell the truth. You are just saying that so that they won't buy it and you can take all the women from all the young bucks. lol
    Very funny scentdawg. But NO scent is that good -- yet.

But, young guys should sample this. It's new and different and will get some attention much like a snazzy new car design when it first hits the road. I urge sample because it will disappoint anyone who expects this to pound hard like some of the more popular clubbing scents. Know what you're getting before you shell out big change for this.

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Thanks for that Advice. I think you were exactly right. I wore one spray of Kouros on my chest, then topped it with some body kouros to my chest, wrists and shirt. As soon as I got to work, a lady told me I smelled good. Funny thing is, I put more body kouros than kouros but I smelled the kouros more. Next time, it's going to be Kouros by itself.
    Terrific. Now all you have to do is find a girl that wears Pink Sugar.
    And if she applies that caramel crap in as subtle a manner as you've been applying Kouros, you've got a kindred soul.

Well, as much as I can't stand Kouros, at least it's a classic. A classic of what I don't know but I think we should try more of them. I mean c'mon guys! Le male?, Rochas man, A*men? Could we possibly get more Sephora-shopping Mall-pop?

Whatever happened to Tiberius by Star Trek? Or Mojo by Austin Powers?

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

in the last few days at work I've received compliments on Creed Windsor, Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel and Body Kouros. My colleagues know that I'm a bit of a parfumista and expect a different fragrance from me each day. Usually when someone comes in to the office and say "something smells good in here" the response is always "it's Simon!!"
    Currently wearing: L'Homme Sage by Divine

Quote Originally Posted by scentsableguy View Post
    in the last few days at work I've received compliments on Creed Windsor, Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel and Body Kouros. My colleagues know that I'm a bit of a parfumista and expect a different fragrance from me each day. Usually when someone comes in to the office and say "something smells good in here" the response is always "it's Simon!!"
    I get the same reaction at work. Great comment on Kouros, Bois de Portugal, and I fragrance I was asked not to mention ;-)) because many think is not great but works fantastic for me. I would love to try Windsor. Any way I can get some from you. If you have paypal, I can send you some $. I hear is going to be re-released at the end of the year and will stay. I may get a full bottle then if it's worthy.

Page 76 of 240 FirstFirst ... 26 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 126 176 ... LastLast