Code of Conduct
Page 78 of 276 FirstFirst ... 28 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 8253

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    She probably wouldn't if you wore Bvlgari Aqua, not its marine version

Aqua Marine is ok only in 30+ celsius degrees conditions, scent itself is a synthetic mess.
    I have actually tested both and asked a few female around which one they like better and 4 out of 5 said Aqva. Needless to say, I own Aqva and not Aqva Marine
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

I got three compliments while wearing Stetson All American over the weekend surprised me a little bit actually.

Today I got 2 compliments from female coworker. I was wearing Caroline Herrera 212.

Even my daughter told me that I smelled good this morning. (but, every morning, she tells me that, no matter waht cologne I put...)

i went out with some family friends for dinner tonight. every single lady of the family hugged me and praised how amazing i smelt

the fragrance was givenchy pi.

im not surprised. say what u want about it, givenchy pi is a panty dropper
    My Current Top 5 Fragrances:
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    2) Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male
    5) Tie: Acqua Di Gio Profumo & YSL L'homme

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    i went out with some family friends for dinner tonight. every single lady of the family hugged me and praised how amazing i smelt

the fragrance was givenchy pi.

im not surprised. say what u want about it, givenchy pi is a panty dropper
    You count compliments from family members(friends) and thereby call it a panty dropper?
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    You count compliments from family members(friends) and thereby call it a panty dropper?
    LMAO

(*puts on his hillbilly best*)

Thet's raght. Here in Crosseye Corners, it only be a counter if it's a younger sister.
    Currently wearing: No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel

Family members...panties dropping...hmmmm...

Blog Entries

Jean Patou Priv'e & Montale Black Aoud...
    Last edited by silverbullet; 31st August 2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Spelling & Grammaer
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

not family members..family friends. family friends in the persian culuture is a pretty broad statement. its not like there my best friends..

and regardless of who complimented it last night, ive gotten many compliments from givenchy pi
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male

Blog Entries

^ Just kidding!

I used to get a lot of compliments from Pi, too. I haven't worn mine in a while. I wear my Pi Neo a lot, but I've only gotten one compliment with it. I just love the scent itself so much, I would probably wear it even if people complained.
    Currently wearing: No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel

lol. ive actually never smelled pi neo myself, but its pretty obvious when u smell pi that right away youknow the ladies will love it. warm, sweet, romantic.
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male

Pi Neo to me smells like a mix between Armani Code and Dsquared2 He Wood. It's very close to skin and doesn't have anything in common with the original Pi.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Skarb, Yatagan, and Salvador Dali PH. Skarb, especially.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Hmmm! female compliments.... this is tricky a lot of them love it but dont dare comeup and compliment however some of the perfumes are strong enough to drive them to their knees.... i aint no good looking hunk but yes a few of them have done the trick for me....

1. Zanzibar ..... Van cleef and arpels
    2. Armani by Armani
    3. Versace by Versace

For all the gorgeous women
    1. No 5 Chanel
    2. Red Door by EA
    3. London Burberry

Recently it has been Montale's Blue Amber....two compliments in one wearing.
    A week before that it was Jean Paul's Fleur du Male. I noticed that out of all my colognes/perfumes montales are my biggest compliment getters. Everytime I have worn a montale people always want to know what it is even if i have worn it before. This has happened so many times that I can buy Montale's blind and not worry. Next up will be Red Aoud.

I got a compliment from a unknown woman today,
    it was my first wear of the new Gucci Guilty, yay!

Creed Aventus. The compliments are happy, very spontaneous, and downright bouncy. There is quite a bit of enthusiastic curiosity regarding it too. It is closely followed by Amouage Reflection Man. Those compliments are more observant and seem to be rather measured and thought out, almost professional in expression. Green Irish Tweed gets a short 'Hey, that's great!'

Got one today while wearing Bleu de Chanel of all things.
    I like it well enough but it's so light someone else commenting on it was kind of surprising.
    Last edited by SoGent; 5th September 2010 at 02:23 PM.

Wore Minotaur out tonight - it was a BIG hit.

MI
    Domenico Caraceni 1913
    Mark Birley
    l'homme Sage

The two that get me a lot of compliments are Hanae Mori and Eau d'Sud bu AG. They are understated and the gals and some guys like them.
    Currently wearing: Spice Bazaar by Nishane

well lately i have been getting compliments for JPG La male alot. And when i'm wearing it it seems that girls like to be close to me

Uden (Xerjoff) gets compliments again and again - by the same woman, her nose on my chest, saying «you can't leave me now with that smell». That makes me helpless - an so I stay for another hour...

went out with my friends tonight. they know im big on fragrances and stuff like that, so they give real critism/compliments. so i went out to dinner with them and they were all amazing. they smelled me and said "WOW jonny. this is the best cologne uve ever worn. what IS this?!?"

that was a big statement, considering they have smelled the likes of Acqua Di Gio, Armani Code, Burberry Brit, La Nuit de L'homme, Givenchy Pi, L'instant, and many many more fragrances on me.

the fragrance?

The Secret by Antonio Banderas.

Now when these friends compliment my cologne, i almost feel more comfortable with it. They dont know shit about fragrances and stuff like that, so theyre just judging on pure smell. not in depth judgement like us basenoters.

After dinner when my friends and i went to go to nordstroms so i can check out the creeds, one of the ladies shopping around the other fragrances walked past me and said "woah. u smell great. im trying to find a cologne for my husband. what r u wearing??" i almost felt embarrased to say it while standing infront of a shrine of Creed bottles, but i told her "Antonio Banderas the secret" and when she asked wear i bought it from, i just decided to say it was a gift, because im not about to tell people i bought a fragrance at CVS while im standing next to the most sacred of fragrances of all ttime
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male

I Used to get sooooooo many compliments with Bora Bora by liz claiborne but its been about 4 years since the last time I wore it. I just hated spraying it on again every 2-4 hours! after 3 years of wearing it i discoverd bvlgari black and fell in love, have wore it for the last 4 years and ladies LOVE IT!! ALL OF THEM! well on me they do anyways hahaha! Ive had to tackle some of them after they have tried running off with my bottle! lol I just quit carrying it around in my truck! And always hid it when taking ladies back to my crib!

i was walking to my seat in class today, right past the most attractive girl in class. right when i got to her she looked up at me and said "dude thats the best smelling cologne ive ever smelled in my life"

thank u la nuit
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male

damn im having a great compliment day/week..

went to go pick something up from the grocery store so i put on my "watever" cologne, acqua di gio. i was paying for my stuff when the girl bagging groceries asked if i wanted help out with my groceries(they have to ask everyone). i said no thank u, and then she replied "are u sure/? u smelll really good i wouldnt mind following u out" and then i gave her a laugh and left.

i think the basenotes world really underrates acqua di gio due to its popularity. theres a reason its so popular, because whether we like to believe it or not, its a great scent, possibly one of the greatest aquatics of all time
    Last edited by socalwoman; 9th September 2010 at 09:33 AM.
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male

OK, did it put out $$$ for Creed

I have read other posts of positive notes, I guess I just have to drown myself in more, because it is a great dissapointment as far as lasting more then a few hours.

If I leave the house at 5 or a special nite, I dont want my companion to to have to stick there head down my shirt around 9 to smell what remains of creed

Ron

Johnny, you wear la nuit to class? I couldn't imagine doing that, how does it work out as a day time scent? Winter's arriving, and i'm struggling for a spot on my line up, don't really want to opt for armani code as it's so played out in my parts, at the moment i just use rochas man, and abercrombie fierce (uk), and that 3rd spot, my go to scent i'm really struggling to find any scent that inspires me enough (le male, code, terre d hermes, burberry, none sit well with my body), at the moment i'm relying heavily on rochas, which is enjoyable, but i know i'm overplaying it as i never smell it anymore, would be nice to add la nuit in for a day or two when called for as i'm a huge fan of the scent, and I think there are so many other nicer night time fragrances to find that daytime in the winter. I'm 21, living in a cold winter climate, may try la nuit in the day and see how it fairs, I do usually dress with a nice jumper and shoes, so it could fit the part.
    Last edited by jdog; 9th September 2010 at 09:21 AM.

I dont got a huge collection of fragrences yet but the scent that gives me most compliments are Opium pour Homme YSL.

Page 78 of 276 FirstFirst ... 28 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 128 178 ... LastLast