Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    Also women under 30-35, specially in the 20-35 range LOVE vanilla scents and fresh ( mainly citrus) scents, probably even much more than men do.
    I should give vanilla another chance. My first experience with it was with Le Male, which I loved for a month, then I got really tired (and sick) of it. The Dreamer seemed to pull off vanilla the same way. I also tried Fahrenheit 32. On me, it started off citrusy, then it gets really warm and the sweet vanilla comes out. It's intended as a warm weather fragrance, but for some reason on me, it feels like it's better suited for fall and winter. Iceberg Twice was the only vanilla that I really hated. It was something about that stale vanilla smell that made me nauseous, even though people on this board rave about it. My chemistry (and my senses) reacted pretty badly to this one.

I bought Channel Allure Homme Sport EDT in March and I already gto two female compliments on it!

Guerlain L'instant PH gets alot of female compliments - so this one is probably the one that gets me the most.

Armani Attitude, Boucheron PH, Versace L'Homme, Just Cavalli Blu, Bulgari PH Extreme, Tonino Lamborghini Chrono, Tonino Lamborghini EDP and Uomo Moschino also brought compliments.

Someone says Kouros and someone says Body Kouros. So which is better for picking up girls ?

Blog Entries

Just like men women are different too. Don't expect 1 smell to magically pick up women just because you're wearing a frag...especially kouros!
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

I've gotten compliments on Boss In Motion (an amazing vanilla orange scent to my nose, though the reviews mostly beat up on it) and Armani Code. Wearing In Motion, a girl told me she was in heaven smelling me, whereas with Code I just got told I smelled nice. All from ladies I was seeing, I've yet to get a compliment from a stranger.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

Hugo Boss - Soul
    Joop! - Pour Homme
    Bois 1920 - Sushi Imperiale
    CDG - Avignon
    Heeley - Sel Marin

i honestly got so many compliments over the past 6 months alone while wearing so many different fragrances that I can not honestly say now which ones specifically do "the trick!". but i have figured out that younger females(I will focus on this group ages 18-29) are generally more appealed by gourmand or extremely sweet/synthetic colognes and of course the fresh/aquatics.

and there is also a stark difference in someone telling you "oh that smells nice" or "that smells nice" as opposed to a female finding the scent invigorating....as many have correctly pointed out, in many of those cases when a female is positively overwhelmed by a fragrance in many cases she will not have the courage to tell you what she really thinks(especially if she happens to be a total stranger).

Gourmand scents that will always get you noticed by the opposite sex - Body Kouros, Rochas man, Tom Ford Black Orchid and as much as i hate it A*men.

there are too many sweet scents to mention that are "beloved" by opposite sex....Diesel Plus Plus, Fierce by A&F is a definition of a cheap, synthetic, super sweet scent which is adored by younger women. If you want to go with something classy but good in appeal to women try Carlos Santana for Men. Sweet, beautiful, elegant and sexy.

As far as the aquatics/fresh/citrus scents go - ADG.....SMW from Creed is an expensive way to have females follow you around.

however if you want to try something outside the box and be different and yet still get incredible amounts of attention - Musc Ravageur is a great way to go....sweet oriental combines masculinity, sensuality with an edge and a bite with enevelop you with its unmistakable aroma....you have a chance of actually being stopped by a stranger for wearing this one.

or try something really strange and wear what you enjoy yourself and in the process watch others love it too.....recently I wore Eclat D'arpege by Lanvin(which is a female perfume) in public mall and I must have counted 14-18 compliments from complete strangers.....and out of them all only one was a male, the rest were girls/women ranging from as young as probably 15 to late 30's. So, wear what you love yourself and the rest will take care of itself.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Haha Acceptfacts I think we have very similar taste in fragrance...My two top fragrances right now are Creed SMW and FM Musc Ravageur, and I have a feeling that those are somewhere in your top as well.

On another note, I got pretty good compliments on Canali. I can remember one coworker saying that I smelled expensive, and another said that something smelled good. This girl I was seeing actually went pretty crazy over it. I sprayed a card for her and I think she kept it in her purse and ended up smelling it like 20 times when I wasn't with her. Go figure...always kinda liked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Haha Acceptfacts I think we have very similar taste in fragrance...My two top fragrances right now are Creed SMW and FM Musc Ravageur, and I have a feeling that those are somewhere in your top as well.

On another note, I got pretty good compliments on Canali. I can remember one coworker saying that I smelled expensive, and another said that something smelled good. This girl I was seeing actually went pretty crazy over it. I sprayed a card for her and I think she kept it in her purse and ended up smelling it like 20 times when I wasn't with her. Go figure...always kinda liked that one.
    yup...i'm a huge fan of MR and enjoy SMW very much as well......I own a bottle of Canali and thought it smelled exquisite on a card......but it is way too sutble and dissapears on me almost immediately.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

Originally Posted by lordnemekris
    ,....Natalie Portman stopped me at a party a couple of weeks ago to inquire about the scent....

Quote Originally Posted by mr.valchev View Post
    Holy Christ!
    My thoughts exactly..

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    recently I wore Eclat D'arpege by Lanvin(which is a female perfume) in public mall and I must have counted 14-18 compliments from complete strangers.
    Where do you live? 14 - 18 compliments in one visit to a mall. I'm sorry but that just seems absurd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laroche View Post
    Where do you live? 14 - 18 compliments in one visit to a mall. I'm sorry but that just seems absurd.
    Accept Facts is sexiness bottled in the form of a man...I'm surprised he didn't get more compliments and a few phone numbers. Just kidding!

But as much as I hate to admit it Carlos Santana for Men has gotten me more compliments than my beloved TdH.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

I would have to say that Bengal Black Musk (which is an oil) has always and still gets me the most compliments from Women and Men. It is very mysterious and full of silliage and longevity. It has a slight incensy/frankincense base and this is the only oil I know that you can use as alone or as a base for any winter fragrance. This oil transitions from smell to skin like nothing I have seen before.

Acceptfacts...I would have to say as well that that many compliments in a day is for the record books. Some people don't get that many compliments in a month or even a year...LOL.

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Chez Bond, hands down. My roommate and her friends literally go crazy when I wear this. Also, John Paul Gaultier

Quote Originally Posted by 55karl View Post
    Chez Bond, hands down. My roommate and her friends literally go crazy when I wear this. Also, John Paul Gaultier
    I haven't known his brother is also in the fragrance industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto View Post
    I would have to say that Bengal Black Musk (which is an oil) has always and still gets me the most compliments from Women and Men. It is very mysterious and full of silliage and longevity. It has a slight incensy/frankincense base and this is the only oil I know that you can use as alone or as a base for any winter fragrance. This oil transitions from smell to skin like nothing I have seen before.

Best,

Otto
    I'm always on the lookout for good musks, and never heard of this one before. Is it real or synthetic? Also who makes it?

Thanks.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    I'm always on the lookout for good musks, and never heard of this one before. Is it real or synthetic? Also who makes it?

Thanks.
    This Muslim Guy gets it for me. It is not synthetic or cut and from what I understand he gets it from Egypt. It is not a scent to wear in the warm months as it is very powerful.

Thanks.
    The musk is in all likelihood synthetic since the musk deer is endangered and protected - making the "real stuff" very expensive. If the musk is anywhere near affordable, it will be synthetic for sure.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

This Muslim Guy gets it for me. It is not synthetic or cut and from what I understand he gets it from Egypt. It is not a scent to wear in the warm months as it is very powerful.
    Thanks. Then I may already know it by another name (Black Musk, duh). In fact I have a small bottle of this myself and it is indeed strong, I prefer 'Kashmer Musk' .

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    The musk is in all likelihood synthetic since the musk deer is endangered and protected - making the "real stuff" very expensive. If the musk is anywhere near affordable, it will be synthetic for sure.
    I know, I have some real musk. In fact I even made my own tincture from the grains according to an age old recipe: 100 parts alcohol, 10 parts rose water and 1 part musk. It's still to 'young' to use though, as it's only one year old, will get better with time, I'd say in another four years it'll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by reneirwold878 View Post
    Accept Facts is sexiness bottled in the form of a man...I'm surprised he didn't get more compliments and a few phone numbers. Just kidding!

But as much as I hate to admit it Carlos Santana for Men has gotten me more compliments than my beloved TdH.

lol.....social interaction was never an issue for me.....before i was ever really introduced to the world of scent......but to the story, i was in manhattan mall on 34th between 6th and 7th on saturday afternoon so it was really packed there....

Thanks. Then I may already know it by another name (Black Musk, duh). In fact I have a small bottle of this myself and it is indeed strong, I prefer 'Kashmer Musk' .
    It might not be the same thing.

Baldessarini Del Mar and Zegna Z have given me copliments from 2 different female boss's.
    I was also walking by a lady ( must have been in late 40s), and she told me I smelled amazing and that "...it really worked for me...", which is funny but I guess all compliments are flattering.

I've come to the conclusion, which may not be correct, that women ( generally) prefer Fresh, Aquatic, Feminine or Sweet fragarences on men. Just a generalization. But I've noticed when at dept stores and else where when a female is consulting a male on a frag. ( as a sales lady or lover) that they seem to be drawn upon those aspects.

So , I've matured a bit from Aquatics, even though I know that is what has garnered me attention, along with overly sweet frags. I'll be stunned if Bvlgari Homme gets me a complitment, or Rive Gauche for that matter. I've just purchased Burberry Brit, and I know that would appeal to female's more so ( although, that is NOT why I bought it).

I guess I apreciate the adivce on this site more, than trying to appeal my scent to the opposite gender....Good lord, where have my priorities gone?

It might not be the same thing.
    Possible, but we will never know.

FM's Outrageous! without a doubt.

Got a very good reaction from Clinique Happy the other day(!)

Wasn't expecting it at all.

How much perfume are all of you wearing and how are you spraying? The only person who ever comments on how I smell is my girlfriend - and that only when she gets fairly close.

Maybe I don't have the sort of skin that lends itself to large amounts of sillage - I find that if i spray much more than I currently do, I end up with a headache anyway.

The only scent I've tried yet that got much of a reaction was Michael Kors for Men - which caused every woman that sat near me that day to start sneezing.

how much you spray depends on several factors; how long does the frag stay on your skin? How strong is the frag? How soon will you be around other people? What's the weather like?

Generally, I give 2-3 sprays on the neck (including the back), 2 - 3 on the chest, and one on each elbowpit depending on the kind of shirt I'll be wearing. For a stronger scent (jpg le male) it would be significantly less. For something weaker it can be more.

If you wear an undershirt, try spraying that also to help the scent last on you.

No one EVER compliments my scents...NEVER! It's kinda annoying really. It makes me wonder if people can even detect my frags...
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    No one EVER compliments my scents...NEVER! It's kinda annoying really. It makes me wonder if people can even detect my frags...
    You can ask people you're comfortable with if they can smell you. Family members maybe. Ask them to comment whenever they get whiffs of your scent. That way you know if your scent is reaching other people. If it doesn't, maybe you should spray a little more.
    And come on, you wear M7 and Polo Explorer. You must smell good.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Cool Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Oh for crying out loud:

HIMALAYA !

The problem is that I not only get female compliments from it, including teenage girls, octagenerians, my ex-wife, sundry ex-girlfriends, lady wrestlers, models, waitresses, heiresses, strippers, nuns, psychos and actresses.

I also get complimented by men, straight and gay, eunuchs, children, female impersonators, cops, radiologists (while interpreting my M.R.I results) , IRS auditors, and probably extra-terrrestrials.

The good news is, I love Himalaya.

( Now on a date or on the prowl, I'm a believer in the heavy artillery: Antaeus, Roma, Minotaure, Nicole Miller for Men, Havana--The ones that will elicit lust or revulsion, rather than merely a pat on the head.--Himalaya fits this category as well, but I like variety and the chance to wear nightime scents that I can't get away with in the noonday sun hereabouts. )

What gets to me is when I get complimented on frags that are, to put it kindly, less than 5 star scents.

But I whine,

I believe it was Emily Post--or perhaps Attila the Hun--who wrote that one should always take a compliment graciously, even if it makes one cringe.

Thank you ever so much. I'm so pleased you noticed my cologne, and if I may say so, have a lovely day.

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by laroche View Post

i live in NYC.....the mall in question was Manhattan Mall and adjoining Macys...sephoras...etc.

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by bashful_in_newyork View Post
    From a female's point of view, I've complimented men when they were wearing:

Issey Miyake
    JPG Le Male
    Fahrenheit
    Corduroy
    Call me crazy but I also like Hugo and Boss
    Hugo is awesome. I don't know why more people do not like it.

Someone please remove the apostrophe in the thread title..
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

The scent of money. Seriously, it's all women really care about at the end of the day.

- Ali

SL Santal Blanc
    Hermessence Vetiver Tonka
    Aqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
    CB Wild Hunt
    Raw Vanilla still works and is oh so affordable
    Rochas Man
    Guerlain Vetiver

These all elicit such amazing reactions from women I have a few others but for the sake of space and carpal tunell I will stop there.

D&G pour homme
    Gucci Envy
    Acqua di Gio
    Rochas Man
    l eau dissy
    Boss Bottled
    Givenchy Pi
    These are universally liked by the opposite sex.

Cool Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    The scent of money. Seriously, it's all women really care about at the end of the day.

- Ali
    Now, now, that's tantamount to saying all we want is to get laid at the end of the day.

Hm . . .

Pax 'All

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Laco42 View Post
    Someone says Kouros and someone says Body Kouros. So which is better for picking up girls ?
    Well, after trying both I slightly prefer Body Kouros, so did my girlfriend.

And she really liked the smell.

But I prefer VG's Very Sexy 1 and have put Body Kouros on sale on this forum:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...37#post1231837

As of tonight, I can vouchsafe the awesome power of Alexander McQueen's Kingdom on women. Sweet and darkly musky at the same time. I love it when a woman purrs...

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Someone please remove the apostrophe in the thread title..
    Totally agree. Makes me want to scratch it off my monitor.. Except I love my monitor too much to do that =(

i dont get too many compliments usually (i think i often under apply) but a couple of weeks ago i stopped off at the post office and picked up a package (thanks sergey!). i knew that i was picking it up so i didnt put on a frag in the morning. i applied two short sprays and went back to work.

a female coworker followed me around the rest of the day. she was quite open about it too. 'yes- i am following you' & 'i just want to eat you' & 'that scent drives me nuts'.

note to self- never wear this to work! involved women and coworkers are off limits for me (two strikes there).

later i had to stop by the hospital and an older woman being pushed in a wheel chair came on to the elevator that i was riding. 'something smells good'.

montale- white aoud

i do like it quite a bit but i perfer black aoud and lime aoud (my fav so far from montale).

I used to get lot of compliments at work when I wore Paul Smith Extreme and L'eau D'Issey but the only comment that matters to me is from the Squadron Leader when I wear Kouros . . . it knocks her bandy.

As I reported in another thread yesterday, Chanel Allure Homme Cologne Sport has garnered some recent attention.

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    Hmmm...get compliments here all the time. I guess it depends on where you live.

Best,

Otto

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    . If the musk is anywhere near affordable, it will be synthetic for sure.
    Synthetic or not...no fragrance that I have ever owned has ever come close to evoking compliments like Bengal Black Musk.. I have had folks tell me that the smell was mesmerzing. I only wish I could wear it in the warmer months.

Best,

Otto

Before my "compliment-fest" yesterday, I had not received a compliment from anyone outside my wife and mom in over a year.

I am led to believe that a) I really don't wear enough cologne 90% of the time... b) most people are hesitant to compliment on scent in the southern USA.

I am wearing Creed Original Santal today...just 2 sprays for 95 degree heat.

Rive Gauche, Safari, Terre d Hermes

I've never had a compliment from anyone but my wife, but when I wear MKK I notice women tend to stand closer than usual, quite a bit closer.

The only time I've gotten a completely random compliment was on an elevator while I was wearing the original Curve a year ago before my fragrance kick started. I do, however, compliment myself very regularly on how sexy I smell.

only my good friends ask me what Im wearing...I think the strangers are quiet and enjoy the smell...I see how they act...they come closer or they come many times a cross to get a whiff...some people are shy to ask what Im wearing...I never had that, that somenone slide on the knees to me and ask me what Im wearing. Only how they positiv act...how their nose start sniffing.

If I smell something good on somebody else...I would never ask the person what he or she is wearing...I find out my self by testing.

If you don't count my natural pheromones (I am extremely sexy lol), I'd have to say JPG Le Male and Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

What fragrance attracts the most femaels? Simple....any clean, citrus or soapy fragrance with a slight hint of clean perspiration. Drives women wild and straight into the "sack". Anything too perfumey is a tirn off.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

What fragrance attracts the most females? Simple....any clean, citrus or soapy fragrance with a slight hint of your own clean perspiration. Drives women wild and straight into the "sack". Anything too perfumey is a turn off.

I agree with Tanto, but "too much" is subjective, and based largely on your skin. For example, I wear a spray on the inside of each wrist, one on the base of the neck where the collar bones meet, and one on the diaphragm. Maybe one on the stomach, just for late-nights when you need scent that lasts

That being said, I don't necessarily get compliments, but I don't care. Actions speak louder than words. A woman whose eyes get soft, and knees get weak, while she begins to breathe harder, is much much more satisfying than hearing "You smell like you belong in my bedroom tonight with me"

I'm sure we've all mad girls stop kissing their boyfriends so they could turn their heads and get a second whiff, or we've made girls hearts race for the man that smells so utterly delicious and charming; and, whether or not you get complimented, what matters is that you notice a reaction to it. Women can't hide feelings very easily

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    I agree with Tanto, but "too much" is subjective, and based largely on your skin. For example, I wear a spray on the inside of each wrist, one on the base of the neck where the collar bones meet, and one on the diaphragm. Maybe one on the stomach, just for late-nights when you need scent that lasts

That being said, I don't necessarily get compliments, but I don't care. Actions speak louder than words. A woman whose eyes get soft, and knees get weak, while she begins to breathe harder, is much much more satisfying than hearing "You smell like you belong in my bedroom tonight with me"

I'm sure we've all mad girls stop kissing their boyfriends so they could turn their heads and get a second whiff, or we've made girls hearts race for the man that smells so utterly delicious and charming; and, whether or not you get complimented, what matters is that you notice a reaction to it. Women can't hide feelings very easily
    good to see you type here again Leifer...you dissapeared for a while.

i agree with you on that completely.......99% of the time, the bigger the effect your fragrance will have on a female, the more likelier she will not tell you about it.....or tell you about it much later(after you had sex...started going out...etc). What I like the most, is when fragrance smells so good on me that it literally makes me feel sexier without anyone saying anything......Musc Ravageur does that for me.

Morning Star

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

apostrophe-ectomy ...

Today I got a compliment from a young women in my work...Im wearing Wall Street by Bond No. 9.
    My girlfriend love this scent.

That's not really a rule. I never had a female compliment on my safe fragrances. I would love a compliment on Polo Double Black or Eau d'Hadrien for example, but I never got any.

I think it is true that women go for fresh aquatic scents on a man, Acqua Di Gio, Issey etc, they prefer feeling of "cleanness" more than anything IMHO.