Code of Conduct
Page 80 of 238 FirstFirst ... 30 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 7127

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

just bought chanel allure homme sport yesterday and i have two compliments already..

holy shit...

just stepped out to get a couple things from the grocery store, and put on a couple sprays of acqua di gio

i guess this women somehow has never smelled acqua di gio in her life (i have no idea how)

but nevertheless, ive never seen someone so entoxicated by my fragrance.

i walked by her in one of the isles, and she immediately stopped me and took a huge whiff and said "i had no idea anything in the world can smell so amazing". like this girl was legitly freaking out. i thought she was going to cry from astonishment.

she asked the name of it and i told her and she said shes heard of it(of course she has, unless shell lived under a rock her whole life) and shes definetly going to buy it for her husband

i guess Acqua Di Gio still got it goin on huh??

i cant wait to wear Pure Malt out tomorrow night.

Got my first ever on Creed Bois du Portugal last night
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Got at least 5 compliments last night wearing GIT, I don't know what it is about that cologne but it always grabs attention.....

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    just bought chanel allure homme sport yesterday and i have two compliments already..
    Not surprising. I wore this fragrance a lot in college and on many nights became the center of attention for this fragrance alone.

That is a really great scent that I have been complimented on before. You can't go wrong with AHS.

Today was the third time I got compliments on M7 .Its awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Today was the third time I got compliments on M7 .Its awesome.
    that tobacco dry down is awesome but i fear that for my age i can't pull it off (25). perhaps for a suit/tie dinner party would be best for my age otherwise its way too strong for me

Quote Originally Posted by PhlyerFan View Post
    Not surprising. I wore this fragrance a lot in college and on many nights became the center of attention for this fragrance alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    That is a really great scent that I have been complimented on before. You can't go wrong with AHS.
    lol i actually exchanged it for Pure Malt. I bought AHS the day beofre the nordstrom lady called me up and told me that Pure Malt has indeed arrived and they have put a bottle on hold for me.

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    that tobacco dry down is awesome but i fear that for my age i can't pull it off (25). perhaps for a suit/tie dinner party would be best for my age otherwise its way too strong for me
    I wore M7 when I was 25 and got compliments. Hint - layer it with kouros, brings out the best of both scents and balances out the worst. I discovered this pairing by accident - when I was buying one, I sprayed both on the same wrist by accident, and thought that smells great! Bought one, and then got home and realised what had happened. SO I ended up buying them both and wearing them together

i wear la nuit as a daytime scent, and it's my most complimented, but then again I do wear it more often than anything else. For me, its an everyday scent, not just a special occasions scent.It's low key but strong, mysterious and intoxicating (I know that's a weird word, but I always think mysterious and intoxicating when I smell it). I like it ten times better than l'homme itself.
    1. La Nuit De L'homme
    2. Bvlgari Extreme
    3. Gucci Pour Homme
    4. Body Kouros
    5. One Million

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    I wore M7 when I was 25 and got compliments. Hint - layer it with kouros, brings out the best of both scents and balances out the worst. I discovered this pairing by accident - when I was buying one, I sprayed both on the same wrist by accident, and thought that smells great! Bought one, and then got home and realised what had happened. SO I ended up buying them both and wearing them together
    I may have to try this. I actually like both of these frags. Kouros was one that actually grew on me. My wife hates it but some girls at work told me it smells great on me. So I thought, since I have it might as well wear it and eventually I started to wear it layered with Kouros Tattoo and now by itself. how do you layer it. One spray each to each area or what?
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

I wore it 3 sprays of M7 and one of Kouros, on my chest under clothes. for everyday wear, especially during winter. I would have put on more in evening.
    Kouros grew on me too, after the initial horror of wearing it by itself.
    I bought a new bottle of M7 recently, but might sell it off unopened. I do like it, but it never felt complete to me without at touch of Kouros.

Got 2 great compliments last night wearing Hanae Mori EDT, the EDP isn't necessary IMO....

1) L'eau de Issey
    2) Armani Black Code
    3) Acqua de Gio
    4) Lalique pour homme (Lion)

BTW, I am in my 30s and the compliments were mostly by women in their 30s, if that helps.

Le Male and Green Irish Tweed have gotten me a few recently...
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Hands down it is Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Farragamo, and I get compliments from men too with TS. After that, in a more distant second and third place I would have to say Silver Mountain Water by Creed and Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I got a compliment on wearing Allure Homme Sport today. Well, the room got the compliment. A girl said that whatever the cologne was she could smell it was amazing. She proceeded to ask if anyone of the men wee wearing cologne. one guy said he was but she shot him down by saying the smell was already here before he had arrived.

I just sat and smiled to myself.

Definetly La Nuit De L'homme. I was at a party thursday. Got 5 or 6 compliments. In the morning the girl i ended up sleeping with said, and i quote

"What was that ORGASMIC cologne you where wearing?" That's a compliment if i've ever heard one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Metalica77 View Post
    Definetly La Nuit De L'homme. I was at a party thursday. Got 5 or 6 compliments. In the morning the girl i ended up sleeping with said, and i quote

"What was that ORGASMIC cologne you where wearing?" That's a compliment if i've ever heard one lol
    La Nuit seems to be getting a lot of compliments for people lately from what I'm reading, and I can understand why. A couple weeks ago, when I walked into a perfume store, I smelled this great smell that I couldn't quite pinpoint. As I walked in, I saw that dark bottle of La Nuit de L'Homme...So, I can definitely see why it does so well with the ladies. I'm just waiting for this horrendous heat wave to pass from Southern California, so I can start wearing this more.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    La Nuit seems to be getting a lot of compliments for people lately from what I'm reading, and I can understand why. A couple weeks ago, when I walked into a perfume store, I smelled this great smell that I couldn't quite pinpoint. As I walked in, I saw that dark bottle of La Nuit de L'Homme...So, I can definitely see why it does so well with the ladies. I'm just waiting for this horrendous heat wave to pass from Southern California, so I can start wearing this more.

Can't argue there, I've gotten several compliment son La Nuit. The best one was last winter when I went into dunkin donuts and the girl behind the counter said, "Excuse me, but what cologne is that, i've never smell anything like it before." She inquired about the name and I wrote it down for her. Great stuff....

I can understand why La Nuit is becoming a FTW lately. It has a great longevity and projection on me, the scent itself is very spicy, seductive, I don't wear it as often as I should

la nuit and d&b ph have slightly similar dry down

Its my experience that women under 40 like the cleaner/fresher scents whilst over 40 enjoy the more darker, muskier scents!

I wore the original YSL L'homme to class today and the girl sitting next to me said "oh my god u smell SO good" when i walked in.

I wore the original YSL L'homme to class today and the girl sitting next to me said "oh my god u smell SO good" when i walked in.
    you gonna get the edp?

Talking HEEELLPP.....I need suggestions for my future daytime panty dropper!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey basenote community, my name is Kevin im 23 from Orlando,Fl. Im looking for the best sweet(fruit or no fruit) frag that can be used in the spring/summer days that can last at least 5-6 hours. I have my casual day scent(He wood rocky mountain) and im looking for something to basicly woooooo the ladies when its hot and humid but it needs to be sweet and it would be nice if the bottle didnt cost more than $150. Thanks for answering my question and take it easy fellow basenoters. ( BTW: My night sweety is play intense)

Default Re: HEEELLPP.....I need suggestions for my future daytime panty dropper!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried the original Play? It's fairly sweet and a great all around day scent, IMO.

Another one that ladies seem to love, and lasts forever, is Versace PH.

Of course, you can't go wrong with either GIT or MI from Creed, either.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: HEEELLPP.....I need suggestions for my future daytime panty dropper!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 80 of 238 FirstFirst ... 30 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 130 180 ... LastLast