Code of Conduct
Page 84 of 238 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 7114
  1. #2491

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Everytime..literally EVERYTIME i wear Givenchy Pour Homme i get complimented.


  2. #2492

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I must be going through a dry spell. I have not gotten a compliment in about a week with the exemption of my wife's compliments. She is usually pretty honest and consistant which is the reason I still don't own Le Male, Allure homme Sport(which I owned and gave it to my brother, big mistake), and YSL La Nuit de L'homme. She hates Le Male and Allure homme sport, reason why I did above. She is very impartial to La Nuit de L'homme.
    I am going to have to break this streak soon, but what to wear to come out swinging.
    Maybe I should take some pointers from Johnny19. He seems to be the most complimented guy on the boards.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  3. #2493

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Damn fine stuff. The biggest compliment I got from Rose 31 was somebody asking me if I just came back from the barber shop.

    Really I figured you would get a compliment like that while wearing Rive Gauche or Cooper Square, the new fragrance by Bond No9, or even Centaure by MPG, but not Rose 31.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  4. #2494

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I must say, my hat goes out to Aventus. I had gone about a week without a compliment on my fragrances. So I decided to wear Aventus, to see if it would bring and end to that streak. I was at work for a total of 3min and a fellow coworker commented on my pink shirt and followed by "and you smell great too. You can't come to work smelling like that". Now, She is about 36yrs old, blonde and around 115lbs. Proof that this fragrance appeals to all ages and it's definetely a compliment grabber.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  5. #2495

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    lol adding to my compliment streak: went to class today. i arrived early so i was one of only 5 people in the class. a girl arrived in class and said "damn jonny u smell good!" and the girl behind her was like "yeah i was gunna say the same thing. what r u wearing?"

    it kinda boosts ur status a little bit when u tell a girl ur wearing Chanel


  6. #2496

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Now, She is about 36yrs old, blonde and around 115lbs.
    I must try some Aventus. I have to get my hands on it. As a side not - I love that you think she is 36. Not around 35. That is a very precise guess.

  7. #2497

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    guys if u really want attnetion and compliments from women, the answer is simple.

    Le Male.

    It might not be the opening to women that is amazing, but if you put it on, by the time u drive to where ever it is your going and it cooks on your skin, your smell will be irresitable to women.

    Le Male is the greatest compliment getting in the history of fragrance in my opinion. I could guarantee that Le Male has been complimented more then any other fragrance in the world

  8. #2498

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescentment View Post
    I must try some Aventus. I have to get my hands on it. As a side not - I love that you think she is 36. Not around 35. That is a very precise guess.
    Well, you might be right. I just know that she is a little younger that I. I should know her age as we have been working together for over 6yrs. lol Needless to say, she is a very good looking lady.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  9. #2499

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    guys if u really want attnetion and compliments from women, the answer is simple.

    Le Male.

    It might not be the opening to women that is amazing, but if you put it on, by the time u drive to where ever it is your going and it cooks on your skin, your smell will be irresitable to women.

    Le Male is the greatest compliment getting in the history of fragrance in my opinion. I could guarantee that Le Male has been complimented more then any other fragrance in the world
    It would not work on my wife. She gets sick at the smell of it. One main reason why I have not bought it. I have wanted to, many times, but can't bring myself to buy another frag that will make my wife sick. I have enough with Kouros, Terre d'hermes, Michael kors, Guerlain Vetiver, D&C L'Amoureux, Boucheron, Joop, and about six others. I particularly like these frags eventhough they were blind buys. Maybe one day, I can trade some of these for Le Male, Chanel Allure Sport, and La nuit de L'homme. That way I will not add to the count just change it a little bit. lol
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  10. #2500

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    dude. your wife hates Le Male AND Allure Homme Sport AND La Nuit ?! r u serious?? is that possible????

    i think the solution is clear



    Find a new wife!


    haha just kidding man.

    What fragrances does she like then?

  11. #2501

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    im sure she likes FCUK him with her taste

  12. #2502

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    dude. your wife hates Le Male AND Allure Homme Sport AND La Nuit ?! r u serious?? is that possible????

    i think the solution is clear



    Find a new wife!
    haha just kidding man.

    What fragrances does she like then?
    I have given that some thought. lol

    She actually likes Bond No9: Bleeker Street, Montouk, Oud, New Haarlem, Riverside Drive.
    Creed: Aventus (I think her favorite at this time), VIW, SMW.
    Tom Ford: Oud wood, Tuscan Leather.
    Ralph Lauren: Purple Lable, Polo Blue and Black.
    Thiery Mugler: Pure Malt, B-men, Ice Man.
    Versace: Eau Fraiche, Pour Homme.
    Aqua di Gio, D&C light blue, Lacoste Orange(not the red, style and play), L'eau D'Issey, Rochas Man.
    These are some of the ones I can name off the top of my head. There may be a few others. So really I think she has likes all over the place, so I cannot figure why she does not like any of those three. I know for sure she does not like anything that dries to a powdery scent ie, Le Male, Joop, Boid du Portugal etc but I don't get why she does not like Allure Homme Sport and La nuit de L'homme, which might be the one she tolerates the most out of the three.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  13. #2503

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Jonny, as much as I like your enthusiasm it really isn't that simple. For one thing not everyone likes the smell of Le Male, myself included. The dry down is just nauseating after awhile imho. Plus not everyone is a 19 year old college student and mostly surrounded by pubescent teens.

    A guy who wears suits, is 40 and spends most of their time at the office is not going to be comfortable wearing Le Male. They also want to be noticed for their scent and not because they smell unprofessional. So they aren't allowed to or won't ever get compliments, too? There's a wide variety of colognes on the list here that suit all sorts of styles and age groups.

    Lastly Le Male isn't even in the top 10 on the list so obviously there are plenty of people who have had success with numerous other frags in getting positive feedback from females and yes, Jonny, they were not wearing Le Male.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

  14. #2504

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    O town (orlando)
    Posts
    96

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I can't stand LeMale. i tried to like it it but the mint and lavender are just too overpowering to me no matter how many compliments it may garner.

  15. #2505

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Jonny, as much as I like your enthusiasm it really isn't that simple. For one thing not everyone likes the smell of Le Male, myself included. The dry down is just nauseating after awhile imho. Plus not everyone is a 19 year old college student and mostly surrounded by pubescent teens.

    A guy who wears suits, is 40 and spends most of their time at the office is not going to be comfortable wearing Le Male. They also want to be noticed for their scent and not because they smell unprofessional. So they aren't allowed to or won't ever get compliments, too? There's a wide variety of colognes on the list here that suit all sorts of styles and age groups.

    Lastly Le Male isn't even in the top 10 on the list so obviously there are plenty of people who have had success with numerous other frags in getting positive feedback from females and yes, Jonny, they were not wearing Le Male.
    yeah. i wasnt being as serious as you think i was when i said that. I was kinda just saying that for me it works very well. But i agree with alot of what you said.

  16. #2506
    Trillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    I can't stand LeMale. i tried to like it it but the mint and lavender are just too overpowering to me no matter how many compliments it may garner.
    +1 Well...maybe wouldn't say "can't stand it" but definitely never plan to own it despite the popularity with the ladies. I used to go to a barber a few years back (before fragrances had any priority in my mind) who used to douse himself in LeMale. It seemed to work well enough for him, but definitely not for me. Just overpowered everything else.

    Got two today for Chanel Allure Sport today. Mid 80's here in the Bay Area, perfect it seems for this fragrance to work.

  17. #2507

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    Well actually i get most compliments from Brut...and not from the cologne...but the deodorant stick. I have a good sized collection, but most of my scents are not complimented on at all (but who knows what people think within their minds). So I use my brut deodorant with Trimax, cuz it honestly gets more compliments than any of my fragrances....I know deodorant is a bit unrelated, but hey...its what works for me in the area of compliments.

  18. #2508

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I finally broke down and bought Le Male. I found a 1.3oz bottle out of all places Walmart while shopping with my wife. I figured that 40mls would not be such a bad investment. I may try it out to work tomorrow. I'll post if it brings any compliments. I am for sure going to get one negative feedback before leaving home from the wife. I just hope she does not get sick as she says this frag make her want to throw up. Don't want to wear some of that, that's for sure. lol

    Pipsta,
    I just love your signature. There is alot of truth to it. Sometimes it amazes me how certain smells remind me of a location, a person, even an event.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  19. #2509

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    I finally broke down and bought Le Male. I found a 1.3oz bottle out of all places Walmart while shopping with my wife. I figured that 40mls would not be such a bad investment. I may try it out to work tomorrow. I'll post if it brings any compliments. I am for sure going to get one negative feedback before leaving home from the wife. I just hope she does not get sick as she says this frag make her want to throw up. Don't want to wear some of that, that's for sure. lol
    Dude, is your wife really cool with you buying what we have clearly established is "fanny magnet" in a bottle? You're a lucky guy!
    Measure twice. Cut once.

  20. #2510

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    aventus snagged a compliment recently.

  21. #2511

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Pipsta,
    I just love your signature. There is alot of truth to it. Sometimes it amazes me how certain smells remind me of a location, a person, even an event.
    Thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

  22. #2512

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Dude, is your wife really cool with you buying what we have clearly established is "fanny magnet" in a bottle? You're a lucky guy!
    I guess she knows that I am not going to bars or any hangouts. I usually go to work and then take the kids back and forth to soccer practice, Tae Kwon do, and swimming when she has to work late. But, I guess she is cool with me wearing good smelling stuff so I am lucky that way.

    I wore Le male today. First thing in the AM, a negative comment from the wife, as expected. I got to work and the same coworker that gave me a compliment on Aventus, gave me another compliment. This time, it was, "Damm you smell good." First time I have ever heard her say a curse word. Another cowoker has been giving compliments all morning and now is thinking about buying it for herself. A receptionist gave me a negative feedback. After asking what I was wearing she said "you smell like an old lady" kiddingly. This was after I asked her for my money which she lost on a bet to me. So, I don't know if she really meant it. So, right now I have it 2 and 2 which would be neutral. However, the two positive compliments were very assertive. Where the negative feedback, one was expected and the other, hum, maybe not meant. Therefore, I am going to give this frag thumbs up.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage

  23. #2513

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    For what it's worth, I have seen my buddy get 4 or 5 compliments from attractive women while he was wearing Le Male....I wore it for about a year and not one.

  24. #2514

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I have stopped women in their tracks wearing L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe. My girlfriend bought me MK High Velocity and she loves that, too.

  25. #2515

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I must have been sold a knock-off Le Male, because I never get compliments on it. In fact, I cannot recall ever getting one negative or positive reaction from it. While other frags I wear, get mostly positive reactions.

  26. #2516

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stareffex View Post
    I must have been sold a knock-off Le Male, because I never get compliments on it. In fact, I cannot recall ever getting one negative or positive reaction from it. While other frags I wear, get mostly positive reactions.
    where did u buy it?

  27. #2517

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    where did u buy it?
    I bought it on ebay, about least three years ago.

  28. #2518

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback.
    love it too.. may i quote it for a few days for my facebook??
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

  29. #2519

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    for me i would say Opium PH Eau d' Orient

    followed by Mugler's Cologne and Booster

    i havent tried my Le Male much yet as i suspect my officemates might kill me :P
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

  30. #2520

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmk20 View Post
    love it too.. may i quote it for a few days for my facebook??
    You absolutely may.... this makes me feel happy. I bet you got a couple drops on yourself as well... huh.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Page 84 of 238 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 134 184 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Most female compliments for a Niche Fragrance?
    By jcepiano in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 3rd December 2014, 04:18 AM
  2. What do you really think of female compliments?
    By sharilstuff in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 12:27 AM
  3. Which male fragrance gets NO female compliments...
    By Ken_Russell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 02:42 PM
  4. Which scent gets you NO female compliments?
    By fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12th February 2010, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000