Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by afraafra View Post
    I think it is true that women go for fresh aquatic scents on a man, Acqua Di Gio, Issey etc, they prefer feeling of "cleanness" more than anything IMHO.
    yeah...that and i would say gourmands get incredible amounts of attention......try wearing Rochas in public.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    yeah...that and i would say gourmands get incredible amounts of attention......try wearing Rochas in public.
    Soon... Very soon.

From my wife: Pheromone (Miglin) , Bogart PH
    From female co-workers: Ignition (Lomani) , Hanae Mori

I also agree that compliments and reactions are two different things, and I prefer positive reactions to compliments.

Recently, my wife has been ultra-sensitive to smell, and has [thankfully] been very vocal about which scents she doesn't like and when I'm wearing too much, etc.

Last night I had a single spray of scent at the bottom of my neck [at the collarbone], and we were just walking past each other in the bedroom and I gave her a hug. She had her nose right at my collarbone, and after a moment or two, she took a DEEP breath, then just looked at me and smiled, never saying a word. That scent was:

Creed - Millesime Imperial

Without a doubt this one would be Davidoff Cool Water for me. I don't care that everyone under the sun seems to have worn it at some point, this doesn't change the fact that I've received more compliments while wearing this one over the years than I can count. It was my "signature" scent for many years and works well on me, and although I've grown quite bored with it, I still wear it when I feel the need for a little female attention.

Lately 212 splash & Burberry Summer have been getting me the most compliments.

Blog Entries

seems to be nautica voyage. it's a pretty standard aquatic and i do enjoy it but i wish college girls would compliment me when i wear stardust or tdh.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Are there any other gourmand fragrances for men besides Rochas and Angel?

Blog Entries

Givenchy Pi, Minatour, lots of others I can't recall but there a many.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Casran and Hanae Mori come to mind. Very Irresistible. Miracle Homme.

Michel Germain's Sexual gets me a lot of great comments.

Trumpers Ajaccio Violets (although it doesn't last long)
    Santos de Cartier
    Years ago it used to be Tuscany

I get compliments about equally on 3 out of my 5 colognes: rive gauche, liz clairborne sport, kenneth cole reaction.

I've yet to get a compliment on paco rabanne xs.

I've gotten a couple of negative responses from gucci envy.

But the bottom line is I like all of them and opinions are not limited to actual verbal compliment, so I don't think too much on that whenever I'm deciding which one to wear.

this is not my favourite or to mention, that i even have it now...Joop Jump...dont ask me why...
    I like, I buy, I wear

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Though the apostrophe in the thread title still makes me crazy, I have to share the strongest reaction I've gotten.
    I wore just the lightest amount of Musc Ravageur last night when I took my girlfriend to dinner. When we got back to the house, she gave me a hug and said 'mmm, you're wearing something vanilla-y.' When she inspected closer and realized it was all under my shirt, SHE GOT UNDER MY SHIRT. She went absolutely nuts for the rest of the night, and said over and over how she REALLY liked this one and how incredible it was. Her face was buried against me for hours and she fell asleep with her face smushed up against my chest. I swear, I've never had anything make someone feral! The key is to just wear a light amount.
    I'll definitely have to only wear it for special occasions with her so it doesn't lose its allure (and since it pretty much defines what the evening's activities will be ).

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    This one!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil (Hermes) and Uomo? (Moschino)

Blog Entries

Last night I was on a date w/ a girl I've been seeing for a few weeks. As we were saying goodnight we were hugging & she started kissing my neck. She said I smelled amazing & I could barely pry her lips away from my neck long enough for a goodnight kiss, lol.

I was wearing L'eau D'Issey Summer '08. She's also given me awesome compliments on CK be.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Last night I was on a date w/ a girl I've been seeing for a few weeks. As we were saying goodnight we were hugging & she started kissing my neck. She said I smelled amazing & I could barely pry her lips away from my neck long enough for a goodnight kiss, lol.

I was wearing L'eau D'Issey Summer '08. She's also given me awesome compliments on CK be.
    That's awesome.. sounds like the exact same effect I had It made me laugh... it almost turned into a comical inhaaaaaale... breathe.. inhaaaaaaale. Haha

I wore Sybaris to a casual after-work dinner with some fellow employees. At the restaurant, I was introduced to a supervisor new to my company. I had seen her before, but never actually met her. We shook hands and she said, "Mmmmm---you smell good enough to eat." I thought, "Okay, where is this going?" Then she purred (yes, PURRED), "Do you know where my office is?" I hypnotically nodded my head "yes" very slowly. She continued, "Good. Why don't you come visit me tomorrow? Oh, and be sure to close the door." She started to walk away. I was speechless and must have looked like a deer in headlights or something because she turned back once more to finish, "Oh. I just remembered. I don't HAVE a door. But if you don't mind who sees, I don't mind either."

OMG! My Sybaris is still full, but I came home and ordered another bottle from ebay!
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Paris Hilton for men, lol

Default Most compliments so far this year?

Yes, I saw the sticky, but I'm curious about trends and changes of our society's taste. Now that 2008 is halfway over, we've had a few winter months, a few spring/summer months.

Men: which cologne has gotten you the most compliments so far this year from the opposite sex?

Default Re: Most compliments so far this year?

I'll bite. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne. Clear bottle, not the grey one.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Yes, I saw the sticky, but I'm curious about trends and changes of our society's taste. Now that 2008 is halfway over, we've had a few winter months, a few spring/summer months.

Men: which cologne has gotten you the most compliments so far this year from the opposite sex?

The fragrance which has earned the most compliments for me this year without doubt is Platinum Egoiste.

Followed by these in no particular order, Dior Homme, Ungaro III, Taylor's Luxury Sandalwood Cologne and Prada Amber Pour Homme.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Thumbs up Re: Most compliments so far this year?

Vivara, Terre D' Hermés, Dior Homme, Eau D' Hadrien Absolu, Sables, Parfum D' Habit, New York (PdN) and many others....

I'm going to merge this into the sticky thread.

I'm going to do so because the sticky thread's length and history can reflect changes in trend as well, with this thread's addition to it making it current to the original poster's wishes. I'll leave the notice that says this thread has been moved and anyone who clicks on that will be directed into its new place in the sticky thread.

Members who are interested in posting to the subject and reading the results will find it easily and give it the attention they wish.

Thanks!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Feel free to remove the apostrophe from the title too

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Feel free to remove the apostrophe from the title too
    Oh yeah! We've tried, actually. Grant tried it in April too, and got it out of the title for the first post of the thread, but for some mystery we haven't figured out it's still in the sticky title. I'll play with it and see if I can find a way. Another problem comes because when people reply to it they're usually replying to one of the posts that has the grammatical error, thus their reply adopts that title and continues the error, like yours did, Jrd4t, my friend, but that I fixed in this reply to you. Hehe.

I'll see if I can get it somehow, but I don't want to go through 200 some posts to individually remove the little electronic dot.

Far far out! I figured out how to get rid of the apostrophe this time. Far out. What luck this morning.
    --Chris

Haha, you made my day

A few days ago I was working in a cafe with a group of colleagues. A female coworker said "Can anyone smell mango around here?" I waited for a bit for other people's reactions, a few people said no, then I told her that the smell is mine, and that she had a great nose for picking up this smell. I was *very* impressed she could pick up the mango note in Polo Double Black.

The same fragrance got me another comment (the same day, if I recall correctly). A female colleague kept sniffing around then said "What's this smell? I can smell a fragrance. A masculine fragrance." I said yes, that's mine. She liked it a lot.

Yesterday and today I wore Givenchy Very Irresistible. Yesterday it got me two female comments and today I got a humorous comment from the same girl, "Oh why are you wearing Very Irresistible?" I was impressed.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Dirty English By Juicy Couture has been a big hit......spicy, sweet amber with smoky undertones but without the overbearing factor that makes it perfect in the summer as well as colder seasons.......I've gotten consistently strong attention each time I wore it.....each and every time...
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

I have to agree with Juicy Couture Dirty English the ladies do like it, I was at Hooters one day and my waitress loved it and had some of the other girls come by my table to smell it and they all liked it. My friends wife picked this for me over several other fragrances, and my lady friend asks me to wear this for her whenever she will spend the night. I guess I had a winner and didn't even realize it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I have to agree with Juicy Couture Dirty English the ladies do like it, I was at Hooters one day and my waitress loved it and had some of the other girls come by my table to smell it and they all liked it. My friends wife picked this for me over several other fragrances, and my lady friend asks me to wear this for her whenever she will spend the night. I guess I had a winner and didn't even realize it until now.
    yeah, i can clearly say that after all the putdowns and meek reviews Dirty English just might turn into a designer classicf ala D&G PH. trying it on a strip does not do it justice
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 7th July 2008 at 06:42 PM.

A few nights ago I was wearing Gucci Envy to a rooftop party, and 2 girls near me blurted out that something smelled really good after a strong gust of wind. They then figured out it might have been the cologne I was wearing, since I was the only person standing nearby. They then leaned in closer and confirmed that it was indeed the Envy. My girlfriend also loves the scent as well. I've also gotten strong responses from her when I've worn Royal English Leather and Millesime Imperial.

Sur la Plage

I had a fairly large amount of female compliments on the fragrance I was wearing today - YSL Live Jazz.

I just never figured that one would garner much attention.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

For me its been terre d hermes, YSL M7, Michael Kors, but the most attention has been generated by the discontinued Candies (sighs)

Hands down Joop! I know, I know----most in here really hate it, BUT it has gotten many compliments and some sexy moans--Ohhhh! that smells great. I wear numerous frags and don't tell people what I'm wearing. Joop wins so far. Perhaps they're all philistines! Who cares!
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Boss no1
    Boss Bottled
    Dark Blue
    D&G PH
    Rochas Man
    A di Gio

always get compliments

Well everytime I wear Very Cool by Tommy Bahama, I get rave comments. I just wished it lasted longer. It's not a favourite on Basenotes but the women sure like it.

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

of all the scents I have, D&G PH is the only one women seem to even notice... and if they do smell it, they love it

Tonight I went to dinner in a little diner that serves counter-service style. After ordering, I had to wait in a long line to pay and receive my meal. By the time I reached the cashier, she was sniffing the air and said, "Somebody smells wonderful." My friend pointed to me and said, "It's him." The cashier asked, "Will you marry me so I can smell your perfume all of the time?" My scent? Terre d'Hermes.

When my friend & I sat down to eat, the cashier came to our table. She asked if I would spray my fragrance on the men she works with so she could smell it all evening long.

I got a good chuckle out of the whole situation.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 13th July 2008 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post
    Tonight I went to dinner in a little diner that serves counter-service style. After ordering, I had to wait in a long line to pay and receive my meal. By the time I reached the cashier, she was sniffing the air and said, "Somebody smells wonderful." My friend pointed to me and said, "It's him." The cashier asked, "Will you marry me so I can smell your perfume all of the time?" My scent? Terre d'Hermes.

When my friend & I sat down to eat, the cashier came to our table. She asked if I would spray my fragrance on the men she works with so she could smell it all evening long.

I got a good chuckle out of the whole situation.
    Wow!
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post
    I wore Sybaris to a casual after-work dinner with some fellow employees. At the restaurant, I was introduced to a supervisor new to my company. I had seen her before, but never actually met her. We shook hands and she said, "Mmmmm---you smell good enough to eat." I thought, "Okay, where is this going?" Then she purred (yes, PURRED), "Do you know where my office is?" I hypnotically nodded my head "yes" very slowly. She continued, "Good. Why don't you come visit me tomorrow? Oh, and be sure to close the door." She started to walk away. I was speechless and must have looked like a deer in headlights or something because she turned back once more to finish, "Oh. I just remembered. I don't HAVE a door. But if you don't mind who sees, I don't mind either."

OMG! My Sybaris is still full, but I came home and ordered another bottle from ebay!
    Wow!! How much fragrance do you usually apply? In order for anybody to smell me we practically have to be hugging

Quote Originally Posted by Larry D View Post
    Wow!! How much fragrance do you usually apply? In order for anybody to smell me we practically have to be hugging

I just p/m a response to your question.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 15th July 2008 at 03:05 PM.

I wore two spritzes of Kouros the other night on a first date. The lady told me "I love your perfume. It smells like a MAN!".

Unfortunately, DKNY Men and Cool Water. But then most of my friendship circle are barely 20, so it figures. Not that I particularly dislike either of them: the Donna Karan is an occasional (club) wear whilst Cool Water is happily owned albeit relegated to the gym bag.
    Last edited by lessthanthree; 15th July 2008 at 06:28 PM.

lately....D&G Light Blue.....the female edition.

=)

right now from Diesel Fuel for Life...don´t ask me why...I almost wear Creed fragrances from SMW to GIT and so on, but with Diesel Fuel for Life I get the most compliments...is it not weird???

I know that all the girls I have ever dated they all were obsessed with my cologne. D & G MASCULINE Cologne by Dolce & Gabbana is by far my my number one choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jenna.anne.11 View Post
    I know that all the girls I have ever dated they all were obsessed with my cologne. D & G MASCULINE Cologne by Dolce & Gabbana is by far my my number one choice.
    Do you work for that site?

Here's my share in experiece.

GIT - never fails to garner attention. One time I was at a strip club, I was making my way to the restroom and this hot pretty faced russian stripper puts her hand on my chest and tells me how good I smelled. She asked me what I was wearing and told her what it was. She was headed towards the VIP section with some rich and douchy looking guy so i couldn't keep her long enough to have a decent conversation. About an hour later, she comes to our table with a couple girls and says "smell this guy, he smells amazing". So by this time, they're hands were all over me. They actually sat down and hung around for a while even if i didn't get a single dance from any of them. Later that evening, they asked me to go out clubbing with them. The story ends here.

MI - just as great as GIT. Hooters girls seem to love this a lot. Same response, they say i smell good. When I tell them what the perfume is, I get a blank dumb blonde like "huh!?" stare. Of course, I wouldn't expect them to know about the fragrance. Hugs seem to last longer and it illicits a touchy feely response. I let a friend of mine use this before hitting a Vegas strip club and he told me that the girls ravaged him. He immediately picked up a bottle the following day.

Cuiron - Not a single compliment but I notice this scent somehow grabs womens' attention in an extraordinary way. Apparently, this perfume stands out in the sea of common scents. I wore this at a bar in L.A. that was hosting an event. Women were very receptive to me and it generated a really great vibe. A definite winner in my book. Once the bartender caught a whiff of my scent, she always made the extra effort to come to me even though I was all the way at the end of the bar to get me a drink. Since the bar was crowded as well, I noticed that women gravitate towards my direction. I never got this reaction with any other scent at this kind of setting

Bleecker St - Never got a single compliment too. However, when I was at the Ralph Lauren the other day I couldn't pry the SA away from me. I already made it clear beforehand that I wasn't going to purchase anything since the shirt i wanted wasn't available and that I was going to browse around yet she followed me closely around the store and attended to my requests very promptly (sizes availability etc). Take note, I didn't flirt around with her at all. I realized after I left the store that my fragrance was most likely the reason why I drew that kind of attention from her.

SMW - "You smell like something I want to wake up to everyday, can you tell me what you have on?" from a hot asian chick with a tight body and a fantastic booty. I didn't do anything considering her BF was a monster and could turn me into a pretzel.

Riverside Drive - from a drunk 18-19 year old at a club/bar in Canada "That scent is begging me to f*** you and I can't say no to that"

In a much different fashion than the previous set of strip club experiences...
    Today has been nonstop positive reactions to By Kilian - Straight to Heaven.

Before I left for work this morning, my girlfriend was glued to me but she does that with a bunch I have so I didn't think it was extraordinary. At work, I had a woman I work with announce to me as she walked by "You smell good!" with a huge smile.
    This afternoon is what entertained me though... a girl whose office is just down from mine came to my office and stood right by me and said "I could have just called, but you smell so good I wanted to come in here instead."
    HA

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post

GIT - never fails to garner attention. One time I was at a strip club, I was making my way to the restroom and this hot pretty faced russian stripper puts her hand on my chest and tells me how good I smelled. She asked me what I was wearing and told her what it was. She was headed towards the VIP section with some rich and douchy looking guy so i couldn't keep her long enough to have a decent conversation. About an hour later, she comes to our table with a couple girls and says "smell this guy, he smells amazing". So by this time, they're hands were all over me. They actually sat down and hung around for a while even if i didn't get a single dance from any of them. Later that evening, they asked me to go out clubbing with them. The story ends here.

MI - just as great as GIT. Hooters girls seem to love this a lot. Same response, they say i smell good. When I tell them what the perfume is, I get a blank dumb blonde like "huh!?" stare. Of course, I wouldn't expect them to know about the fragrance. Hugs seem to last longer and it illicits a touchy feely response. I let a friend of mine use this before hitting a Vegas strip club and he told me that the girls ravaged him. He immediately picked up a bottle the following day.

Cuiron - Not a single compliment but I notice this scent somehow grabs womens' attention in an extraordinary way. Apparently, this perfume stands out in the sea of common scents. I wore this at a bar in L.A. that was hosting an event. Women were very receptive to me and it generated a really great vibe. A definite winner in my book. Once the bartender caught a whiff of my scent, she always made the extra effort to come to me even though I was all the way at the end of the bar to get me a drink. Since the bar was crowded as well, I noticed that women gravitate towards my direction. I never got this reaction with any other scent at this kind of setting

Bleecker St - Never got a single compliment too. However, when I was at the Ralph Lauren the other day I couldn't pry the SA away from me. I already made it clear beforehand that I wasn't going to purchase anything since the shirt i wanted wasn't available and that I was going to browse around yet she followed me closely around the store and attended to my requests very promptly (sizes availability etc). Take note, I didn't flirt around with her at all. I realized after I left the store that my fragrance was most likely the reason why I drew that kind of attention from her.

SMW - "You smell like something I want to wake up to everyday, can you tell me what you have on?" from a hot asian chick with a tight body and a fantastic booty. I didn't do anything considering her BF was a monster and could turn me into a pretzel.

Riverside Drive - from a drunk 18-19 year old at a club/bar in Canada "That scent is begging me to f*** you and I can't say no to that"
    This post made my day. I feel like I am young again. Thanks
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Haha yeah I know...I think we basenoters know where to buy cologne!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Do you work for that site?

Not suprising that you get complimented on those...They are all great fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post

I got a nice compliment from my secretary this morning. I'm wearing Polo Explorer. It's one of my favorite casual scents.

It's a surprisingly mixed quartet:
    Hermes : Elixir de Merveilles
    Frederic Malle: Une Rose & Carnal Flower
    Guerlain: Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum
    almost without fail...

i never fail to get positive comments from females when wearing the following scents:
    Lalique homme(lion)
    Coze by Generale Perfumerie
    Dia by Amouage
    Reflection by Amouage
    John Varvatos(original)

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer without a doubt.

I have only wore it a few times but get great reactions every time.

The first time I wore L'Air du Desert Marocain I went out for lunch with my wife and she said I smelled amazing. When the waitress brought the menus she stopped for a second, closed her eyes and you could see her inhale slowly then looked me deep in the eyes, smiled and said I smelled incredible. My wife was floored and thought that the waitress (hot early 20's) was so forward with her sitting right there, lol. The waitress kept coming by very frequently (much more then the other patrons in a busy restaurant) and we had incredible service the entire meal.

The second time I was at dinner at another restaurant that was very busy and the waitress (again hot early 20's) said I smelled incredible, smiled was very touchy and laughing a lot. She kept walking by our table even though I requested a table out of the way, and shortly thereafter I saw her talking to the other waitresses and pointing to our table. Slowly over the course of the evening it seemed all the waitresses (about 10 or so all very attractive and early 20's - it must be their hiring practices, lol) slowly walked out of their way by our table and inhaled slowly and smiled as they looked at me.

I am aware that waitresses work for tips and I dine out frequently at very good restaurants but those reactions are unique in my dining experience.

Also, L'Air du Desert Marocain always seems to elevate my mood and I find myself inhaling my wrist deeply throughout the day. It is a true masterpiece.
    Last edited by Diverdown; 21st July 2008 at 04:01 PM.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by shotcaller View Post
    Hey zenman7....What is CDG? and can anyone describe the difference between Creed New Tabarome and old? Thanks
    Sorry, CDG = Comme des Garcons