Code of Conduct
Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ... 40 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,400 of 6231

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I have many fragrances including Aventus, Pure Malt, Dior Homme Intense however I have narrowed my most complimented down to two.

- Ferragamo Homme Black - I wore this today in my office and a woman that I normally don't communicate with came over to me and said that I smelled really, really good! I received the same response from a woman while shopping at Walmart. She walked next to me and said what I'm wearing smells very nice. This cologne is extremely underrated and overlooked. (Two sprays in the front and one in the back)

- Chanel Allure Sport- When I'm testing how people perceive the fragrances that I wear I like to go to a large store that has lots of people. Walmart is good place to test your scents because of the high volume of females that shop there. I was wearing Allure Sport and I was approached by a young lady that said she doesn't usually like colognes but what I was wearing smelled pretty good! She described the scent as being light and very pleasant. ( Two sprays in the front and one in the back)

I have over 40 colognes and for some reason Ferragamo Homme Black and Chanel Allure Sport are my most complimented scents by females.

need the tally man. The tally killed by the time warp, man

Basenotes Member

Just got the most energetic compliment from my wife and daughter tonight on my fragrance of day. They raved about it multiple times this evening. I haven't received feedback this emphatically positive since I first wore Creed aventus. It's a fragrance that I really enjoyed wearing today, it's different, quite beautiful. This is a sample that I got from Luckyscent a while ago, just haven't worn it. I'll be buying a full bottle soon. The fragrance....Lys du desert-decennial collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric-mos View Post
    I have many fragrances including Aventus, Pure Malt, Dior Homme Intense however I have narrowed my most complimented down to two.

- Ferragamo Homme Black - I wore this today in my office and a woman that I normally don't communicate with came over to me and said that I smelled really, really good! I received the same response from a woman while shopping at Walmart. She walked next to me and said what I'm wearing smells very nice. This cologne is extremely underrated and overlooked. (Two sprays in the front and one in the back)

- Chanel Allure Sport- When I'm testing how people perceive the fragrances that I wear I like to go to a large store that has lots of people. Walmart is good place to test your scents because of the high volume of females that shop there. I was wearing Allure Sport and I was approached by a young lady that said she doesn't usually like colognes but what I was wearing smelled pretty good! She described the scent as being light and very pleasant. ( Two sprays in the front and one in the back)

I have over 40 colognes and for some reason Ferragamo Homme Black and Chanel Allure Sport are my most complimented scents by females.
    By 2 sprays in the front and one in the back? Are you talking about on your clothes?

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Bleu by Chanel, and Declaration (Cartier) -- these get me noticed.

Also M7 (YSL) and Eau d'Hiver (Frederic Malle) which I tend to use more in Autumn and Winter.

Just received one for 1725 Histoires De Parfum. I can't remember a compliment on this one before. Also, form a younger lady 20ish or so while waiting in line at the Bank.

I decided to try out scents based on this thread.

I wasnt thrilled about these:

Hannae Mori HM and HIM
    Most of the Tom Fords
    Channel Allure Sport
    Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

HOWEVER, I liked these:

Bond #9 Coney Island - Phenomenal and exclusive scent. The smell is bright and luscious. It like a manly perfume. Somewhat like Aqui Di Gio. This is pricey though, it's just below $200. So if you're interested in smelling different than the next guy, this is for you. This should garner plenty of compliments. Grade: A

Bond #9 Brooklyn
    - Its like Coney Island, but more manly and musky. Grade: C

Chrome United:
    Its good, very fresh, reminds me of Cool Water. Grade: B

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Hi frnds, i ve been looking for long lasting fragrances which are most long lasting and not highly expensive. Have tried dvdoff coolwater, ab blue seduction but they couldnt impress..suggest some good used perfumes..thanx in advance Plz reply

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by vishalvns View Post
    Hi frnds, i ve been looking for long lasting fragrances which are most long lasting and not highly expensive. Have tried dvdoff coolwater, ab blue seduction but they couldnt impress..suggest some good used perfumes..thanx in advance Plz reply

Depends on what you like, but

Le Male
    PI
    A*Men
    Rive Gauche
    1 Million
    Bvlgari Black
    Armani Code

are some options.

I've been complimented lately on :

24 Gold

ADG essenza

Tabac original EDC (everyone seems to love the scent trail of this one )
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I had two girls going through my collection of samples to pick out the ones they like the most, which include Aventus, GIT, ADG, BdC, Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Antaeus, etc.

And the ones that they said stood out?
    Dior Homme and La Nuit

They even sprayed some La Nuit on themselves

Hair stylist doing an about face, "Excuse me what is that cologne your wearing? I want to buy that for my son for Christmas."
    The usual suspect ~ BdC.

Midnight in Paris EDP by a coworker today.
    Only wore one spray - it still did the job

K Cole Reaction & Swiss Army Classic, believe it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coworker lady friend after hug: "you smell amazing"

Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Coworker lady friend after hug: "you smell amazing"

Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Homme Intense & Ysl La Nuit are my go tos - I need to buy another bottle of DHI im all out =/
    Collection:
    Thierry Mugler Pure Havane, Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, Versace Dreamer, Chanel Plantinum Egoiste, Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio, John Varvatos + Vintage, Dior Homme Intense, Givenchy Pi, Paul Smith London, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, Cool Water Deep Blue, Aquolina Blue Sugar, Bod, Rochas Man, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chrome Azzaro, Armani Code

My huge compliment-getting layering secret might be considered blasphemy by some...

Chanel Egoiste (not platinum), give it at least a few hours to dry down, and then spray a full amount of FCUK Friction For Him. The Friction lightens up Egoiste and seems to bring out even more depth in the original scent, while removing some heaviness. Give it a go if you already own Egoiste, Friction is pretty cheap online these days!

Others that get a lot compliments, with the highest compliment-getters at the top of my list:
    Mont Blanc Legend
    YSL RIve Gauche Men
    Herrera Men
    Mugler Cologne
    Azzaro Chrome
    Kenneth Cole Black
    Last edited by Mark Strube; 20th November 2013 at 07:37 AM.

Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vintage)

Quote Originally Posted by vbrown View Post
    K Cole Reaction & Swiss Army Classic, believe it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah KC Reaction is a big one for me also!!!(for the one hour it lasts! )

I would say Atkinsons For Men's 24 Old Bond Street. Definitely.atkinsons-100ml-etui-face-24-old-bond-street.jpg

Jaguar classis edt or CK One.. Which is better? Plz reply fast.. Have to take fast decision

Recently revisited Burberry London after more than a year, got a compliment the same day from a stylist when getting my hair cut. Great cold weather scent, will definitely have to work it into my rotation this winter.

recently - Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb, Dior Homme Intense Vintage, vintage YSL M7

We had a mini heat wave in Los Angeles last week, so I busted out an old friend with a really long name: Acqua di Parma's Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso di Toscana. I counted 7 compliments in the three days that I wore it. I'm really going to miss that stuff once my bottle runs dry.

I wore By Man from Dolce Gabanna but cannot find it since it was discontinued! I'm lost to find anything that comes close for me. Is there anyone that can tell me if they have experienced anything that is similar to By Man??

Black Fridy;

Girlfriend dragged me out into the wild, found myself standing in line at Old Navy. The line was so long I thought maybe I was waiting to ride the Haunted House on opening day.

Anyway, about 20 minutes in, the young girl in front of us all of sudden blurted out "omg I can't take it anymore, something smells sooo good", she turns to us and asks, "are you wearing cologne", my GF charged in, yes he is, "she drove in a little closer for a confirming whiff, "omg you smell so good, it's driving me crazy, what is it?" again, my GF took the reins.

"Creed Aventus"

She typed this into her phone, I imagine her boyfriend is in for a treat.

Well, you all finally did me in. I knew that I was going to be around this girl I'm into during class today, figured I'd wear something safe a la YSL L'Homme or GPH II. Time comes for me to start getting ready to go, and once I've finished my routine, I decided to be daring. I wore it - Aventus, that is. I get to class, she sees me and comes over to talk. Standing between myself and my friend whom I know doesn't wear cologne, she suddenly gets all wide eyed.

"Wow. WOW. What is that? Who is that? Is that you?" [turning to my friend, he shrugs]
    "It's you!" she says, looking at me. "Oh my god, what ever that is, you smell awesome."

Seriously? That's like God coming down from the heavens and smacking me upside the head, commanding thee to purchase a full bottle. Thanks, guys, now I'm going to be poor.

Dior Homme Intense. Worked like a charm.

Creed Windsor

loewe 7 is the most complimented scent i wear

Original Santal - three compliments received today.

I remember I was in the subway some years ago, and a girl next to me asked me what scent I was wearing. It was L'instant pour homme by Guerlain. We chatted a bit, it was fun. I remember she said it was "heavenly".

Now I get compliments mostly from my girlfriend, which is basically the only girl I deal with (I work at home and I am not that socialite). She likes -- and uses - Dior Homme, and loves Geranium pour monsieur by Malle.
    Last edited by Colin Maillard; 6th December 2013 at 08:11 PM.

I got two rocking L'air du desert moracain yesterday!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

What a day for fragrance! I sprayed Royal Oud at about 8am this morning. Around 2pm I got a compliment off a friend of a friend. That made my day right there, as I've always loved Royal Oud and it was nice it got credit.

Then at 11pm I got two more compliments off of two more female friends! Both totally out of the blue! One day, 3 female compliments. Royal Oud storms into the lead for me. Aventus was top with 2 male complements, but now Royal Oud has changed everything!

I am new to Creed, as in still in the sampling stage, but I will say that the longer my GIT was on yesterday, the better it got.

I guess I'll hv to get up at 3:00 in the morning to apply

In line at a local 7/11, getting gas and lottery ticket. A chick gets rung up and heads for the door, exclaiming; "Myyyyyyy, my! One of you gentlemen is smelling mighty good this morning!"
    Aventus........again.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

Default Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by cadenz View Post
    Aventus........again.
    I will have to say, after not only being skeptical of everything I hear about the scent and wondering if it would even be anything I would tolerate, after giving it a couple days of realistic sampling/testing, I find it tremblingly intoxicating in a gentle, not in your face kind of way.

Haven't given it a thorough opportunity for attention by others that much yet, but I can say confidently by now that I am quickly becoming a fan for its wearability and uniqueness alone. Some may say there are a few close in notes, but I can't believe anything is close enough to be considered.

Most likely Dior Homme Intense. Had a few compliments on Gucci Guilty and Prada Luna Rossa.

My wife got stopped yesterday at the mall, and this lady asked her what is this great cologne that your husband wears.

Balenciaga Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan View Post
    My wife got stopped yesterday at the mall, and this lady asked her what is this great cologne that your husband wears.

Balenciaga Pour Homme
    Where can I get this? How much?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Where can I get this? How much?
    It is long discontinued, but seems to be popping up sporadically here and there. I got mine here -

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

My 19 year old nephew owns 60 scents - all of which I gave him as presents over the years..
    He has only ever bought two bottles himself, and those were to replace the one bottle I gave him which he had nearly used up. That bottle of scent overwhelmingly got him, and still gets him, more compliments from females of his age than anything else he owns.
    The amazing scent in question is Paris Hilton For Men.

And for the sake of perspective, he does own high end scents like Green Irish Tweed.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    My 19 year old nephew owns 60 scents - all of which I gave him as presents over the years..
    He has only ever bought two bottles himself, and those were to replace the one bottle I gave him which he had nearly used up. That bottle of scent overwhelmingly got him, and still gets him, more compliments from females of his age than anything else he owns.
    The amazing scent in question is Paris Hilton For Men.

And for the sake of perspective, he does own high end scents like Green Irish Tweed.
    Regards,
    Renato
    This one has gotten me some compliments as well, but her Just Me one does even better!

Quote Originally Posted by bcs443 View Post
    I wore By Man from Dolce Gabanna but cannot find it since it was discontinued! I'm lost to find anything that comes close for me. Is there anyone that can tell me if they have experienced anything that is similar to By Man??

From doing quite a bit of research myself on this very topic, the general consensus it seems is that Kristiansand New York is about as close as you can get to By Man.

I very rarely receive compliments on what I wear, but today that changed. I purchased yesterday, and wore today for the first time, Creed's Windsor. When in a cosmetic doctor's office three attractive, young women commented on my fragrance selection. The first said, "who smells wonderful", the second said, "can I stand near you?", and the third said, "I want to eat you up, what is it that you're wearing?" The three were friends in for a day of beauty, and they certainly made my day. So far, Windsor is a successful compliment getter with the ladies.
    Last edited by sophisticatedscent; 12th December 2013 at 11:07 PM.

I got a rare compliment from two women with my morning cheapie SOTD Solara for Men.
    (1505)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticatedscent View Post
    So far, Windsor is a successful compliment getter with the ladies.
    Wow, Windsor? That's no surprise.

I think I'm just gonna start wearing old spice and paying women $5 for a compliment.

Dior Homme Intense

It's not my favourite and I'm not even sure if I like it. But others love it. Apparently it's very sexy

Sent from my HTC One

Yesterday received compliments of Armani Code.

Being a moderately obese, married, middle aged, man who generally wears Cologne for his own pleasure, rather than to elicit compliments from the fairer sex, I get few if any compliments at all.
    That being said, today, while waiting for my spouse to do her browsing in Lingerie. I was lured over to the Ladies perfume section by a very attractive, middleaged woman. She thrust into my hand, a sample, on cardboard, of Mugler's Alien Absolue Essence. I was immediately hit with childhood memories of Pepsin Gum and WintoGreen Lifesavers and a most delicious Gourmet Vanilla that formed the base of a perfume. Long ago, this same rich Vanilla Base was worn by my first boyhood attraction, my Aunt. I said to the woman, "That is so delicious I could eat it! She was cheeky and like a teenager spritzed a few squirts at me. I walked around for the rest of the afternoon in a boyhood daze. My spouse did not think much of it, however, throughout the rest of the day, I had two woman, my age, compliment me on this strange, mysterious fragrance. I know that I shall return again to explore the wonderful world of Woman's Perfume, soon.

I'd have to say Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris is my most complimented on fragrance.
    There is nothing better than getting compliments on how good you smell!

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News

I got my first compliment from a stranger in years yesterday and it was while I was wearing the very nice YSL L'Homme . She basically emphasised how lovely I smelled and seemed really into it and asked me to tell her what it was. Other than that I have got a few compliments on Hugo by Hugo Boss.
    Last edited by Damian236; 17th December 2013 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Strube View Post
    My huge compliment-getting layering secret might be considered blasphemy by some...

Chanel Egoiste (not platinum), give it at least a few hours to dry down, and then spray a full amount of FCUK Friction For Him. The Friction lightens up Egoiste and seems to bring out even more depth in the original scent, while removing some heaviness. Give it a go if you already own Egoiste, Friction is pretty cheap online these days!

Others that get a lot compliments, with the highest compliment-getters at the top of my list:
    Mont Blanc Legend
    YSL RIve Gauche Men
    Herrera Men
    Mugler Cologne
    Azzaro Chrome
    Kenneth Cole Black

Thanks for this. I now bought a bottle of Friction, as I have Egoïste already. Excited to see how these two will work out together.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I got a rare compliment from two women with my morning cheapie SOTD Solara for Men.
    (1505)
    what do those (numbers) mean?

Bought YSL Kouros a few years ago, hated it from the start. Tried to wear it a few times, just couldn't get past the opening musky smell despite being told by my (ex) gf how nice it was. Kouros is strong stuff - you better know what you are doing when you apply it. Cut to a month ago - I see that bottle sitting on the back of the shelf and I decided to give it another try. Sprayed on very lightly from a distance, and then layered one very light shot of Kiel's Original musk over it to sweeten things up a bit. Met a very sweet 25 year old woman that very night and we've been seeing each other ever since, she just loves this stuff. I've also noticed more attention from other gals as well. The Keil's is good juice as well but I give credit to the Kouros. If you are willing to go through the effort of wearing it and apply it properly, Kouros is pure seduction juice! Just be prepared to not personally like it.

One thing I've learned is that what you like and what a woman will like are two very different things. There's also quit a difference between getting a compliment and seducing so chose your weapon carefully. I also own a bottle of Aventus which I think smells good but gets me nowhere, I regret buying it.

My runners up are as follows: Chanel Anteus (VERY close second), Ungaro III, 21 Constume National, L'Instant de Guerlain (not long lasting however).

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    This one has gotten me some compliments as well, but her Just Me one does even better!
    Thanks, I'll let my nephew know.

I think that me, and now you, have been the only ones here with something good to say about Just Me.
    It was about four years ago that a niche snob accused me of being gay for liking it.
    Though I am actually more fond of 12 sprays of Paris Hilton Heir.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Earlier this evening at a holiday party I got a rare compliment from my SOTE - Parfum de Sévigné No. 3. A female guest whom I did not know said I smelled "divine". It took me by complete surprise as I almost never get compliments.

(1962)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Damn near everything I've ever worn, but I don't judge a fragrance by it, and I sure as hell wouldn't feel the need to get online and tell people about it. Some kind of narcissism. Men have really gone down the crapper. Damn right. It's all in good fun, but if you don't think you have anything more to contribute than this crap, if you want to perpetuate it, then you should move on to something that gives you better focus.

If I was a woman and saw this thread I'd think men were terminally lame and I'd probably become a lesbian in fifteen seconds.
    Last edited by pluran; 22nd December 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Everything I've ever worn, but I'd never get online and start talking about it.

If I was a woman and saw this thread I'd be a lesbian in fifteen seconds.
    You're online talking about fragrances though?
    It's a common interest. People like to gauge the likeability factor as perceived by others, men or women. Fragrances invade other people's space after all. It's no different to any other online community really. I lift weights for 'aesthetics' and am pretty fit also but it's nice when others notice-- even though that is not the end goal. I don't think that's shallow.

Sent from my HTC One

Got a great compliment on Bvlgari Black. A dramatically awesome stuff.