Code of Conduct
Page 91 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,460 of 6079

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Damn near everything I've ever worn, but I don't judge a fragrance by it, and I sure as hell wouldn't feel the need to get online and tell people about it. Some kind of narcissism.
    LOL. You sure as hell felt the need to get online and tell people about not telling people about it. Some kind of extreme narcissism.

Damn near everything I've ever worn, but I don't judge a fragrance by it, and I sure as hell wouldn't feel the need to get online and tell people about it. Some kind of narcissism. Men have really gone down the crapper. Damn right. It's all in good fun, but if you don't think you have anything more to contribute than this crap, if you want to perpetuate it, then you should move on to something that gives you better focus.

If I was a woman and saw this thread I'd think men were terminally lame and I'd probably become a lesbian in fifteen seconds.
    Nah - we're used to it!

This thread had some fairly mad bits during it's Huddler period if memory serves...

Basenotes Junkie

Damn near everything I've ever worn...

... I sure as hell wouldn't feel the need to get online and tell people about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn near everything I've ever worn, but I don't judge a fragrance by it, and I sure as hell wouldn't feel the need to get online and tell people about it. Some kind of narcissism. Men have really gone down the crapper. Damn right. It's all in good fun, but if you don't think you have anything more to contribute than this crap, if you want to perpetuate it, then you should move on to something that gives you better focus.

If I was a woman and saw this thread I'd think men were terminally lame and I'd probably become a lesbian in fifteen seconds.
    That's a mighty tall horse you're sitting on, buddy.

Unhappy Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

D near everything I've ever worn, but I don't judge a fragrance by it, and I sure as h wouldn't feel the need to get online and tell people about it. Some kind of narcissism. Men have really gone down the crapper. D right. It's all in good fun, but if you don't think you have anything more to contribute than this crap, if you want to perpetuate it, then you should move on to something that gives you better focus.

While there may be a few individual exceptions, this thread is not about anything inappropriate. Basically just asking (in your experience) what do females like in a fragrance. I don't see the big deal, and it's not like women don't do the same thing (check women's magazines).

I have enjoyed this thread for a while and have tried many frags I have seen listed. The only thing I would add is the age (or general range) of those receiving the complements as there is a big difference what women like at different age groups.

With that said, I am in my early 30s and received a complement today with Cartier Declaration. Just got the bottle last week. Can't believe it took me this long to try this great frag.
    Last edited by Dawg15; 24th December 2013 at 02:10 AM.

I had a great response at work from a girl while wearing Silver Mountain Water. she asked me about it twice and said she was going to google it. SMW definitely comes alive in cooler temperatures.

I've been getting lots of compliments since winter began.

A Men - It wasnt received well at first, but now they're all gaga over it.
    Le Male - I got lusty inhales from a close friend sitting next to me during class today. "God! Your Perfume!"
    La Nuit - "Its nice"
    Fahrenheit - They love it.

We need more winters.

Lighten up Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN View Post
    I've been getting lots of compliments since winter began.

We need more winters.
    I live in Wisconsin, and respectfully disagree
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    I live in Wisconsin, and respectfully disagree
    I live in Augusta, Georgia. I hate winter. I wish it never got colder than 80 degrees. My first 37 years were in the hills of WV where snow comes from November through April. Did I mention I hate winter? Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    Last week I had my hair cut at a hair studio at local mall and the hair stylish told me that she was really impressed by the scent I wore last time I went there, she think it was the most beautiful & smooth perfume she has ever smell.

It was my 1st full wear of Carnal Flower and what impressed her was its dry down.
    Soooo... if she only smelled the drydown you must have sprayed it three days prior, no?

:P

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    LOL. You sure as hell felt the need to get online and tell people about not telling people about it. Some kind of extreme narcissism.
    One of the best replies I've ever seen on a message board.

I haven't been wearing fragrances all that much until just a few months ago when my olfactory education took a major upswing.

I've gotten a few compliments here and there, but usually from people I know. The only fragrance I've worn so far that got stranger compliments has been Elsha 1776. Interestingly enough, it has been mostly Russian women.
    Last edited by cytherian; 28th December 2013 at 09:40 PM.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

My ex wife complimented me on Kouros yesterday. Love that stuff. Just gotta go light on the trigger.

Gotta Love people's reactions to Serge Lutens scents LOL.

Today i walked into my barber's shop for a hair cut and my barber says : " You smell like a walking funeral ceremony !"

Was wearing Filles En Aiguilles.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

My Girlfriend constantly sniffs me to see how I smell. Out side of that, it's a three way tie between Kouros, Third Man, and Rive Gauche
    Dock-a-loodle-fod

have i already mentioned drakkar noir??? melitng thung!

I was once complimented by a girlfriend on Fruits and Passions Numero 002. She practically shoved her head down my shirt. However, when I bought a larger bottle, the smell wasn't nearly the same. It smelled extremely diluted, which made me extremely sad. So I went to the store, purchased a pint of Ben and Jerry's, and cried while watching Magnolia and shoveling that ice cream into my mouth.

That is a solid first post... (above)
    My scents are real basic, but so far it has actually been polo... Which surprised me, I didn't think my age group (19) would much care for it, but I wore it to a party the other day and everybody loved it. Sad thing was, more men than women, though... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by 9D4 View Post
    My scents are real basic, but so far it has actually been polo... Which surprised me
    Which Polo do you speak of? Polo Green?
    Last edited by Dawg15; 31st December 2013 at 07:24 PM.

got an unsolicited compliment on spiritueuse double vanille today

Acqua di Uomo

Quote Originally Posted by sega View Post
    I was once complimented by a girlfriend on Fruits and Passions Numero 002. She practically shoved her head down my shirt. However, when I bought a larger bottle, the smell wasn't nearly the same. It smelled extremely diluted, which made me extremely sad. So I went to the store, purchased a pint of Ben and Jerry's, and cried while watching Magnolia and shoveling that ice cream into my mouth.
    Amazing.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

The girl that I slept with on New Year's Eve really liked the L`eau D`issey Pour Homme that I was wearing

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    The girl that I slept with on New Year's Eve really liked the L`eau D`issey Pour Homme that I was wearing
    Cool man, thanks for sharing!

The woman I slept with on NYE likes all (or most) of my fragrances.

One million
    Aventus
    Allure homme sport
    Bottled
    Spicebomb
    Pure malt
    Versace pour homme

It's my killer list

Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Spicebomb
    YSL La nuit de L'Homme
    Lancome Hypnose
    Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir
    Bvlgari Man
    Look Good - Smell Good - Feel Good

Wore Aventus the other day. Went to Wendy's a few hours after application and I thought it had already faded off of me. The cashier looked at me, gave a gushy look and said I smelled good. I laughed and thanked her, telling her I've been trying different colognes on and that I'm experimenting. She said again while giggling, "you smell SOOO good."

The fact that she was behind a counter, surrounded by fast food smells and could STILL smell me even after I thought it had faded definitely made me appreciate Aventus!

Quote Originally Posted by PungentPuncher View Post
    Wore Aventus the other day. Went to Wendy's a few hours after application and I thought it had already faded off of me. The cashier looked at me, gave a gushy look and said I smelled good. I laughed and thanked her, telling her I've been trying different colognes on and that I'm experimenting. She said again while giggling, "you smell SOOO good."

The fact that she was behind a counter, surrounded by fast food smells and could STILL smell me even after I thought it had faded definitely made me appreciate Aventus!
    Olfactory fatigue from the fast food I suspect
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

Bet you didn't
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

I got some great compliments on Lumiere Noire by Francis Kurkdjian. That rose and spices combination works great on me, I suppose.

If. You are charmin you always goin to get compliments. No matter what fragrance you are wearing .

Usually it's Green Irish Tweed (though it's not my favorite everyone else seems to like it), or Aventus.

Hermes Vetiver Tonka is another good one, though it's probably too girly for a lot of men. Personally I love it, and it's one of the better scents to get people closer to you because women will be surprised by its caramel apple vibe and lean in for a closer whiff.

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver gets me the most even distribution between men and women when it comes to compliments, but like a fine silk neck tie you can't just wear it any old time.

Quote Originally Posted by PungentPuncher View Post

The other thing about Aventus is that if we are being honest it smells quite a lot like red Hawaiian Punch, which goes pretty well with greasy fast food

Quote Originally Posted by enantiodromia View Post
    The other thing about Aventus is that if we are being honest it smells quite a lot like red Hawaiian Punch, which goes pretty well with greasy fast food
    I must be smelling a different Aventus. When I smell it it's like an ashtray + pineapple. Don't like it, but I also don't deny it gets real compliments.

There is that, but the over the top sweetness smells like a sticky red fruit punch, with some liquid leather.

Cool story bro!

Couldn't have just said:

L`eau D`issey Pour Homme
    ??

Anyway... Curve by Liz Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    Bet you didn't
    Bet your right

I had a similar experience while wearing Aventus with a barista saying that I smelled great while she was making espresso drinks. Again I was surprised that it had that kind of silage while the strong aroma of coffee pervaded the air.

Quote Originally Posted by enantiodromia View Post
    the over the top sweetness smells like a sticky red fruit punch, with some liquid leather.
    Interesting how different people smell different things, because sweet is not at all a quality that I would attribute to Aventus. One Million, yeah, Aventus, no. I'm especially sensitive to sweet frags and it took me awhile to hone in on the pineapple. Birch and smoke is what I get.

Aventus is much like Bleu de Chanel. You smell like "that cologne guy." IMO it just smells like 'cologne' and is therefore easily recogniseable that you've worn cologne (for compliments, to smell nice etc) so people tend to compliment it. It's not an unpleasant smell by any means, but just a smell and people know you've put something on. Projection is very good with this one.

I've worn Aventus numerous times and Bleu twice and this is my feeling. Aventus is incredibly overrated. It just reminds me of a typical fragrance counter and has little personality.

My two pennies worth.

Sent from my HTC One
    Last edited by badr; 8th January 2014 at 07:49 AM.

Could it be that the sillage/projection with Aventus comes across as more disarmingly pleasant to those around. Nothing in its presence that suggests machismo or uber male pretensions. In fact truly shines in an ethereal heavenly way. Olivier Creed had the good sense to see this very quality and amp it up a notch or two. In this way, many who come in contact with it are surely impressed. I am beginning to think of my Aventus as an angel (no mugler reference intended) ...on steroids.
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

In my opinion what gets compliments for one guy is not always going to get compliments from another guy. Here is why.

We all have different styles...different persona...and different appearance to others. A scent should match your persona and style. Its an accessory. While I can tell you what gets me compliments...if you go wear it...may not get any compliments..or even worse...someone says it stinks.

Picture this. A guy with a beard...ungroomed looking guy. Doesnt really dress up or anything. Hes a clean guy...but he doesnt appear clean. What scent would match his persona? Bleu de Chanel? Probably not. Maybe people would like the scent, but it just didnt match him well. However, lets say he is wearing something a bit more manly...like farenheight or Michael Kors for men. Maybe his scent extends his persona and peoples' perception of him is....wow...he smells nice.

Just sayin...

Ive gotten compliments on all of my frags. I wear them all randomly and dont smell the same every time someone sees me, but the same people tend to compliment me (at work).

That being said...at work is where I get most compliments. Im there every day...worked with people for years, and they can approach me. Strangers dont USUALLY compliment out of nowhere...but it has happened on occasions.

At work Ive gotten compliments on (scents that arent incredibly loud or offensive)

Dior Homme
    Bois D'Argent
    Ambre Narguile
    Vetiver Tonka
    Poivre Samarcande
    Michael Kors
    Creed Aventus
    Issey Miyake LD
    Bvlgari Man
    Ferragamo F Free time and F pour homme
    Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bvlgari Man extreme
    Terre D'hermes

Really all depends on how Im dressed that day...etc.

Honestly...I dont even care about compliments...I wear the fragrance that I enjoy. As long as my woman doesnt dislike it, thats all I worry about.

I personally dont like Bleu de Chanel. I know its a popular frag, but it doesnt impress me at all. Tons of guys wear it...tons of girls want their guy to wear it and love it. That alone is reason enough for me not to venture there. Nothing particularly unique about it. And I dont think aventus is anything like bleu either. not a lot of guys will spend 2-300 on a frag...bleu is 80 bucks...so more people smell like it.
    Last edited by str8gahbidge; 9th January 2014 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by str8gahbidge View Post
    In my opinion what gets compliments for one guy is not always going to get compliments from another guy. Here is why.

We all have different styles...different persona...and different appearance to others. A scent should match your persona and style. Its an accessory. While I can tell you what gets me compliments...if you go wear it...may not get any compliments..or even worse...someone says it stinks.

Picture this. A guy with a beard...ungroomed looking guy. Doesnt really dress up or anything. Hes a clean guy...but he doesnt appear clean. What scent would match his persona? Bleu de Chanel? Probably not. Maybe people would like the scent, but it just didnt match him well. However, lets say he is wearing something a bit more manly...like farenheight or Michael Kors for men. Maybe his scent extends his persona and peoples' perception of him is....wow...he smells nice.

Just sayin...

Ive gotten compliments on all of my frags. I wear them all randomly and dont smell the same every time someone sees me, but the same people tend to compliment me (at work).

That being said...at work is where I get most compliments. Im there every day...worked with people for years, and they can approach me. Strangers dont USUALLY compliment out of nowhere...but it has happened on occasions.

At work Ive gotten compliments on (scents that arent incredibly loud or offensive)

Dior Homme
    Bois D'Argent
    Ambre Narguile
    Vetiver Tonka
    Poivre Samarcande
    Michael Kors
    Creed Aventus
    Issey Miyake LD
    Bvlgari Man
    Ferragamo F Free time and F pour homme
    Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bvlgari Man extreme
    Terre D'hermes

Really all depends on how Im dressed that day...etc.

Honestly...I dont even care about compliments...I wear the fragrance that I enjoy. As long as my woman doesnt dislike it, thats all I worry about.

I personally dont like Bleu de Chanel. I know its a popular frag, but it doesnt impress me at all. Tons of guys wear it...tons of girls want their guy to wear it and love it. That alone is reason enough for me not to venture there. Nothing particularly unique about it. And I dont think aventus is anything like bleu either. not a lot of guys will spend 2-300 on a frag...bleu is 80 bucks...so more people smell like it.
    Stellar first post. Welcome!

Yes, agree - welcome str8gahbridge!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

had yesterday for love and luck by ed hardy (christian audigier) does this really smell like MI? it's nicey

Quote Originally Posted by patsavouta View Post
    had yesterday for love and luck by ed hardy (christian audigier) does this really smell like MI? it's nicey
    Yes it does about 80%. The opening is very similar but drydown is nothing like Creed (creeds drydown is a signature and lingers for days on clothes). MI is fresher and smells more strikingly fresh ie. The quality is there. The melon and saltiness (which make the fragrance) aren't quite there in Love and Luck. MI lasts longer on my skin too. LL is amazing value and a great standalone scent, but it's no MI IMO. There's also something about MI which makes it feel luxurious. Some people say it smells like money!

I wore LL today too. Enjoyed it for the 3 hours it was around (not bad considering it's winter). It's an exceptioal cheapie.

Both are probably the most versatile scents I've ever come across. What other frags go perfectly in a suit as well as casual summer clothes.

Sent from my HTC One
    Last edited by badr; 9th January 2014 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badr View Post
    Yes it does about 80%. The opening is very similar but drydown is nothing like Creed (creeds drydown is a signature and lingers for days on clothes). MI is fresher and smells more strikingly fresh ie. The quality is there.

I wore LL today too. Enjoyed it for the 3 hours it was around (not bad considering it's winter). It's an exceptioal cheapie.

Sent from my HTC One
    woy thanx for that, so is it like CW and GIT? deeesh, i 've read about CW & GIT that they are kinda connected while GIT made by two ppl and then one of them made CW.. is that true? and does the noses of MI and LL are also kinda connected? either way loving GIT and CW for the record

Usually the powerhouses..

Whoa, update after over a year of not being around here.

And still número 1 is Xeryus Rouge

Followed by...

Ferragamo Black (underrated IMO)
    Swiss Army (cheapy but lots of compliments)
    Fierce (not known in my country)
    Dunhill Desire ( not my favorite but this one seems to really get attention)
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Yeah I did, she couldn't stopped complimenting it. I even showed her the bottle and sprayed some on her in the morning

Issey Miyake and Maison Francis Kurkjian Amyris Homme and Creed Adventus by far the best!!!

Cartier D'un soir
    Creed Aventus
    Givenchy Pi

Wear what YOU smell best in. The season doesn't matter. Do not be the one to ask "what time is it"? Be the one to tell your watch what time it is.

Quote Originally Posted by shotcaller View Post
    This may have been done before, but I did not find anything on my search. I personally have gotten the most female compliments wearing Creed SMW, but my collection is rather slim. So what has been your experience? Is there one you go to that get's the ladies attention and is not worn by every other guy out there?

this morning I applied 2 sprays of AVENTUS on my neck.well on my way to work while i was waiting for the traffic light to turn green,this pretty young blonde knocked on my car window just to tell me how great I smell and asked me if I was busy later on at night..

At work while I was taking a dump this co worker sneaked his head under the door and asked me what the amazing smell was,yup AVENTUS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce Gabbana View Post
    this morning I applied 2 sprays of AVENTUS on my neck.well on my way to work while i was waiting for the traffic light to turn green,this pretty young blonde knocked on my car window just to tell me how great I smell and asked me if I was busy later on at night..

At work while I was taking a dump this co worker sneaked his head under the door and asked me what the amazing smell was,yup AVENTUS!!
    Not a great first post, Dolce Gabbana - but welcome anyway...

Very gracious of you lpp to extend a welcome to the new member..

However, I think the post was done tongue in cheek. Having a bit of fun if you will. I wonder how many posts will come after?.....not too many I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post

lol
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    thank you :*

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce Gabbana View Post

Talk about making an entrance!

Tell us about the time you were sailing in the Mediterranean and a mermaid surfaced just to say how wonderful you smelled!

haha welcome to BN