Code of Conduct
Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 42 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,520 of 6356

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Got a compliment on chanel allure edition blanche

Yesterday, I got a mass of compliments for YSL M7 in a vintage version

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    The girl that I slept with on New Year's Eve really liked the L`eau D`issey Pour Homme that I was wearing
    L'eau D' Issey has gotten me laid before too, I mean it wasn't just because of the scent, but she couldn't stop saying that I smelled delicious

Quote Originally Posted by kodepop View Post
    L'eau D' Issey has gotten me laid before too, I mean it wasn't just because of the scent, but she couldn't stop saying that I smelled delicious
    Generally speaking, what most guys don't realize is that the scent is an icebreaker. I once brought a date back to my place for wine, but she spotted my coffee maker and said she'd rather that instead.. and then she raved and raved about the coffee as being the best she'd ever had. It was just Starbucks whole bean, which I ground in front of her with this. I'm not saying she didn't enjoy the coffee. I'm saying, the coffee wasn't what she was really interested in. It served as a way to get closer.

That being said... compliments are nice. She could have just as easily complimented your shirt, or your glasses, right?

I got a very nice random compliment yesterday on Royal Oud while waiting in line at the grocery store. A lovely woman seemed to be standing a bit too close in line - almost weirdly close - and then, I got a nice compliment. Yay.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I got a very nice random compliment yesterday on Royal Oud while waiting in line at the grocery store. A lovely woman seemed to be standing a bit too close in line - almost weirdly close - and then, I got a nice compliment. Yay.
    Speaking of ladies in line, I caught one leaning a bit forward behind me. She apologized nervously saying I smelled really nice. It was GIT so you guys know. I don't look at ladies, most of the time..

Picked up a bottle of Marquis by Crown Perfumery 13 years ago and got me more compliments than the British Sterling and Brut 33 I used to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Generally speaking, what most guys don't realize is that the scent is an icebreaker. I once brought a date back to my place for wine, but she spotted my coffee maker and said she'd rather that instead.. and then she raved and raved about the coffee as being the best she'd ever had. It was just Starbucks whole bean, which I ground in front of her with this. I'm not saying she didn't enjoy the coffee. I'm saying, the coffee wasn't what she was really interested in. It served as a way to get closer.

That being said... compliments are nice. She could have just as easily complimented your shirt, or your glasses, right?

I completely understand that, but the first time I was complimented on it was from a girl I used to work with who was married... the other girl was way too hot. Not bragging or anything, but she was like a ten and I'm like maybe a 2 on a good day. One of my friends girlfriend says she likes Issey more than Bleu De Chanel. Maybe Issey just suits my personality better, idk.

From coworker for Creed Windsor.
    About 10 hours after application. I was surprised she could even smell it.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I just got a really nice compliment from a female client of mine when I was wearing Montale Black Aoud.. She said it smelled great and was really classy

I was walking with a group of friends and a gust of wind hit us and my female friend next to me says, "Wow, someone smells really good right now." That person? Me. That scent? Ambre 114.

Yesterday I got a rare compliment from a relative wearing Oajan. "My favorite cousin always smells so good" Thought they were talking about someone else, but I was the only other cousin present at the time.

(3178)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

1 million by paco rabanne when i walk into the room people will stop talking middle of a sentence when the smell hits them and are like omg what are your wear it smells great

I got a compliment this morning in the elevator at my work building. I'm wearing Slumberhouse Baque today.

I'd have to say that fragrances that I have gotten compliments on more recently include:
    1. Creed Aventus (sorry, I wish I could say I don't, but I do)
    2. Dior Homme (reformulated) - I have been told it is 'intoxicating'
    3. Armani Code Ultimate (don't see it on this list very often, but this stuff is nice)
    4. Creed Royal Oud
    5. Gucci Pour Homme 2

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

I get a compliment. Tom ford tobacco vanile in the club

Quote Originally Posted by josevancouver View Post
    I'd have to say that fragrances that I have gotten compliments on more recently include:
    1. Creed Aventus (sorry, I wish I could say I don't, but I do)
    2. Dior Homme (reformulated) - I have been told it is 'intoxicating'
    3. Armani Code Ultimate (don't see it on this list very often, but this stuff is nice)
    4. Creed Royal Oud
    5. Gucci Pour Homme 2
    What's wrong with aventus?

Got an enthusiastic compliment on Dior Homme Eau on my first wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post

LOL nothing, you are just not supposed to say anything complimentary about Aventus on this site.

Wore MFK Lumiere Noire out with the GF for the first time last night. She was quite enthusiastic about it, whereas she's normally silent if what I'm wearing is only ok.

Bond 9 Bleeker

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by play View Post
    L'EAU D'ISSEY

I'm not surprised that a LOT of basenoters have answered this. This one will guarantee attention from both genders. If we were to count which fragrance appeared the most in this thread, this one is the one.

A little unwanted preaching:
    If your only concern behind wearing a cologne is to get some female attention (and definately not for your own pleasure), then this is the ONLY cologne you should buy (and save a load of money).

This insight, though 6 years past, is interesting in that after scanning the pages most (not all) of the frags that get the most female attention are rather feminine in their own right. I'd wager that a woman would be more inclined to comment on something she would wear herself before something that is overtly masculine. This also points to the marketing scheme of delivering frags labeled unisex..........after all you would be forfeiting a larger market if only focused on one gender.

The original Thallium blue and 1 Million. Also, Dior Homme and DHI received high marks with two of my exes, however it (both) seems to be rather polarizing.

Aventus, on me, anyway, doesn't even come close to the compliments I get from the original Thallium. Girls go nuts over it. If I wore fragrances only for the approval of others, I'd probably sell my entire collection and keep Thallium and a small bottle of 1 Million. I wish that Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Andy Warhol Silver Factory and Musc Ravageur would get more love from people around me. Haha. It's all good, though, as I love them myself. But if I want to 'wow' the opposite sex, I look no further than the original Thallium blue, first and foremost.

Oh, oh, oh, and guess what I get more compliments from than anything? And it's not even a cologne/perfume.

Wait for it.

~

~~~~~

Degree deodorant/antiperspirant! The "everest" scent. I've genuinely received a horde of compliments from it. Way more than I have from Aventus, which is a headscratcher, but hey.
    Last edited by TheIceman; 26th January 2014 at 07:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheIceman View Post
    The original Thallium blue and 1 Million. Also, Dior Homme and DHI received high marks with two of my exes, however it (both) seems to be rather polarizing.

Aventus, on me, anyway, doesn't even come close to the compliments I get from the original Thallium. Girls go nuts over it. If I wore fragrances only for the approval of others, I'd probably sell my entire collection and keep Thallium and a small bottle of 1 Million. I wish that Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Andy Warhol Silver Factory and Musc Ravageur would get more love from people around me. Haha. It's all good, though, as I love them myself. But if I want to 'wow' the opposite sex, I look no further than the original Thallium blue, first and foremost.

Oh, oh, oh, and guess what I get more compliments from than anything? And it's not even a cologne/perfume.

Wait for it.

~

~~~~~

Degree deodorant/antiperspirant! The "everest" scent. I've genuinely received a horde of compliments from it. Way more than I have from Aventus, which is a headscratcher, but hey.
    Hey, welcome to Basenotes!

I can believe that. Old Spice deodorant really wowed me on a coworker - I was shocked that's what it was.

Thallium is only $10 on the internet. It's a fave for kiosk owners to mark up. I may just have to get a bottle. I don't remember if it was Thallium or Thallium Sport that really smelled good, but I may have to just sniff it in the kiosk and then buy it online. Kiosks will try to mark that one up to $40, and they will deal down to $20, but I think the wholesale price is not much more than alcohol, so there is no way I want to pay more than internet prices.

The moment you've been waiting for is here. Since I did not see the original poster of the tally of total compliments updating his spreadsheet, I decided to tally instead and calculate the compliment rate. I only tallied compliments from females and I did not tally obviously fake or joke Aventus posts. I am posting the top complimented by female fragrances in terms of compliment rate below. I use compliment rate as the actual compliment score instead of total compliments to control for how new the fragrance is (newer releases have less total compliments). Compliment rate is how many times a year a someone posts that they got a compliment on that fragrance. Below is the list of all fragrances with a compliment score of at least a 3.0, these are the highest complimented fragrances.

1. Creed Aventus (78.3)
    2. YSL La Nuit de L`Homme (32.5)
    3. Bleu de Chanel (21.3)
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed (18.2)
    5. Issey Miyake L`eau D`Issey Pour Homme (15.8)
    6. Creed Millesime Imperiale (13.3)
    7. Terre D`Hermes (12.7)
    8. Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio (11.6)
    9. Dior Homme Intense (10.7)
    10. JPG Le Male (10.2)
    11. Chanel Allure Homme Sport (10.1)
    12. Thierry Mugler A*Men (9.8)
    13. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane (9.5)
    14. Dior Homme (9)
    14. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt (9)
    14. Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb (9)
    17. Versace Pour Homme (8.4)
    18. Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur (8.2)
    19. YSL Kouros (8.1)
    20. YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (8)
    21 Creed Silver Mountain Water (7.9)
    22. YSL Body Kouros (7.8)
    22. Paco Rabanne 1 Million (7.8)
    24. Gucci Envy for Men (7.1)
    24. Davidoff Cool Water (7.1)
    26. Giorgio Armani Code (6.9)
    27. Rochas Man (6.8)
    28. Chanel Allure Homme (6.3)
    29. YSL M7 (6)
    30. Dolce & Gababana Pour Homme (5.6)
    31. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (5.5)
    32. Burberry London for Men (5.4)
    32. YSL L`Homme (5.4)
    34. Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce (5.3)
    34. Montale Black Aoud (5.3)
    36. Versace Man Eau Fraiche (5.1)
    37. Chanel Platinum Egoiste (4.7)
    37. Azzaro Chrome (4.7)
    39. Givenchy Pi (4.4)
    39. Dior Fahrenheit (4.4)
    41. L`Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme (4.2)
    41. Versace Dreamer (4.2)
    41. Gucci Pour Homme II (4.2)
    44. Chanel Antaeus (4.1)
    44. Hanae Mori H.M. (4.1)
    46. Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris (4)
    46. Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Essenza (4)
    46. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme (4)
    49. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (3.7)
    49. Le Labo Rose 31 (3.7)
    49. Diesel Fuel for Life Homme (3.7)
    52. Dolce & Gabbana The One for Men (3.6)
    53. Juicy Couture Dirty English (3.4)
    54. Chanel Egoiste (3.3)
    54. Tauer L`air du Desert Marocain (3.3)
    54. F by Ferragamo Black (3.3)
    57. Creed Bois du Portugal (3.1)
    57. Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (3.1)
    57. Lalique Encre Noire (3.1)
    60. YSL Opium Pour Homme (3)
    60. Liz Clairborne Curve for Men (3)
    60. Paco Rabanne Black XS (3)
    60. Creed Royal Oud (3)
    60. Prada Luna Rossa (3)
    Last edited by anewtypedude; 27th January 2014 at 07:43 AM.

^^^ wow, nice work. Thanks for taking the time to do that!

Got a compliment today on Tobacco Vanille from a friend. But she compliments everything I wear...except Encre Noire.

Very good work, anewtypedude. I always love statistical data. Like the idea of using a rate instead of absolute numbers, good thinking.

Of course, this data is from self-reporting guys, which leaves room for built-in biases.

It'd be fascinating to see the flip side of this data: what the ladies remember complimenting. I'd bet that there's be a few surprising differences.

Thank you anewtypedude!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Very good work, anewtypedude. I always love statistical data. Like the idea of using a rate instead of absolute numbers, good thinking.

Of course, this data is from self-reporting guys, which leaves room for built-in biases.

It'd be fascinating to see the flip side of this data: what the ladies remember complimenting. I'd bet that there's be a few surprising differences.
    Then there would be Creed representatives posing as ladies telling us that they ripped their blouses off in the mall at the waft of Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Absolutely nothing. I only said what I said, because saying Aventus gets compliments is quite boring in this thread. Everyone says that. But it's true. My most complimented fragrance.

Got a positive compliment with Chanel Egoisté couple of days ago

ive gotten compliments as of lately with

royal oud
    aventus
    new haarlem
    vetiver tonka
    noir de noir

Quote Originally Posted by josevancouver View Post
    Absolutely nothing. I only said what I said, because saying Aventus gets compliments is quite boring in this thread. Everyone says that. But it's true. My most complimented fragrance.
    Absolutely Aventus is also my most complimented fragrance too.

Closely followed by DHI and Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

Thanks anewtypedude! Super cool of you to take the time and tally these all up!!!

GIT from a co-worker today. We met for lunch, she hugged me pulled away then came back in and said "wow you smell yummy"..

I wanna know where everybody's working that female co workers are hugging all over em.

New thread coming up. What job gets you the most female hugs

The most recent compliment that I got from a random female was on YSL L Homme, she really raved about it and said that it smelt lovely and I don't disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by vbrown View Post
    I wanna know where everybody's working that female co workers are hugging all over em.

Cool point . I'm wondering too.

Quote Originally Posted by vbrown View Post

Pen and notepad at the ready for this new thread ....
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Bond No.9 Scent of Peace for Him. First day I wore it, was in a restaurant and the hostess who was seating me said 'you smell terrific - what is that?'. Nice fragrance....smells a bit like Aventus with less depth (ie. no smoke, less musky)

Yes thank you!!!

Recently my cousin's wife complimented me on Burrbery London and Lanvin Avant Garde which has been getting a lot of praise lately on this forum.

Basenotes Plus

First compliment from my sister, who I've known for 45 years! She said "you smell nice, what's that one?" 36 degrees and Amber Absolute smells really good!
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

I haven't ever worn Fahrenheit much in to the office, but wore it yesterday and had 2 back-to-back 20-somethings make mention of how nice it smelled and asked what it was. They both stared blankly when I told them it was Fahrenheit - they obviously had never heard of it.

In any event, it seems to be well-received even by the young ones, so I'll make a point to wear it in to work a little more often.

I'm a female and I'm just popping in to say I love it when I smell A*Men (and all the A*Men flankers), Givenchy Pi, Terre d'Hermes, Traversee du Bosphore (I spritz this on my male buddies to make myself "happier" around them). Dior Homme (mmm)

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post

I absolutely agree with YSL nuit...drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by WAKASHIZUMA View Post
    Cool point . I'm wondering too.
    I work in sales.. It's a loose office and we are all a big family who is spread out over different locations and territory's.. This particular co worker was someone who I hired as an assistant, trained and mentored.. She use to make fun of my fixation with scents, suits, hair pomade, striped socks and allen edmonds shoes.. Apparently some distance makes her appreciate it haha......

Quote Originally Posted by BarRoomHeroes View Post
    I work in sales.. It's a loose office and we are all a big family who is spread out over different locations and territory's.. This particular co worker was someone who I hired as an assistant, trained and mentored.. She use to make fun of my fixation with scents, suits, hair pomade, striped socks and allen edmonds shoes.. Apparently some distance makes her appreciate it haha......
    Where is she now ......did you by chance fire her ?
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Thumbs up Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by mariusg82 View Post
    hanae mori is the scent i get the most male and female compliments.
    dito!

Of recent memory, surprisingly cheap Swiss Army Classic and Kenneth Cole Reaction from the younger ones and the 40+ ones love Dior Homme Intense. Apparently many like the foody gourmands

Many compliments wearing Valentino V pour Homme!

Got a rare compliment this morning wearing Cedre Olympe by Armani Prive. A female stranger in an elevator said I smelled good. As compliments for me are so fleeting. I'll take anyone I get!

(3828)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler.

Once, a female co-worker enthusiastically told me I smelled really good. Another gave me an indirect compliment by saying "someone smells nice today" when I entered the room. And just a week ago, my father asked me what I was wearing. He said it smells really good. He knows I own a lot of bottles, but only Pure Havane got his attention. Now I'm thinking of buying him a bottle.

During the dinner after a funeral, a female acquaintance sidled up to me and whispered that I smelled "luscious ." Pure Malt hit the mark again!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

It's very rare I receive compliments (outside of my girlfriend), but I got one today - Dior Homme Intense.

Got compliments from different female coworkers for: Aventus, virgin Island Water, Gucci pour home II, tobacco vanile, and Frapin L' Humaniste.

L'eau d'issey smells like lemon scented house cleaner..

You know, i really WISH i could pull off aventus... By fruit/floral/fresh scents just don't work on me being a smoker. They fight with each other and the smoke completely overpowers and ruins it. I need darker or heavier scents.

That being said, complimented a LOT on Tobacco Vanille. First scent that's ever sparked a compliment from a random person and it happened multiple times. One girl told me she wanted to eat me (a complete stranger).

On first application of Tuscan Leather, my room mates complimented me (One male, one female and the girlfriend of the male).

Apparently TF scents work

This must be my lucky month. Got two compliments from two different clients from the two scents I wore today as my SOTD & SOTE - Lavande Ombree, & Private Line 7.

(4057)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This must be my lucky month. Got two compliments from two different clients from the two scents I wore today as my SOTD & SOTE - Lavande Ombree, & Private Line 7.

(4057)
    Wow... nice job
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----