Code of Conduct
Page 96 of 103 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,760 of 6138

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Definitely , L'eau Dissey By Issey Miyakey , a gr8 Compliments getter .

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxey View Post
    A&F Fierce (when it was in the red box).
    "Hey dude, you smell like a gay bar exploded. . . "

Basenotes Member
    200 Roosevelt Place Palisades Park, NJ 07650

I love GUCCI GUILTY BLACK on my BF. Their are few other perfumes , but I don't know their name.

My biggest compliment getter is still, and probably always will be, Le Male. This just fits perfectly on my skin.

Really surprised that I got a compliment on Antonio Banderas Seduction In Black a couple days ago from a female co-worker!

Got a compliment with CK One Shock - It gets good compliments considering how cheap it is.

The girl who cuts my hair said whatever I was wearing smelled really good and it was strong...it was GIT

image.jpgFunny.....I was getting my haircut today and my hot hair stylist said and I quote "someone smells yummy"....
    FOR SALE:

Cedrat Enivrant 30ml-

Brecourt Esprit Mondain 1.7 oz.

complimented two days in a row - thats a first.

Today it was Tonka Imperiale.
    Friend said "is that the tobacco one?" (ive work back to black before and she liked it). Made me laugh - I dont get tobacco from TI.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

After my varsity volleyball match, freshening up with some Virgin Island Water, and got compliments from the girls, one from the game, two cuz they said I smelled nice.... I guess it cuts through sweat well then

Yesterday my barber complimented me and said my scent smells similar to Kouros. I told him no, it's the new Valentino Uomo.

But then i don't blame him, he wears Kouros as his signature scent so he'll compare everything to it haha !

He doesn't wear Kouros while at work though, he uses his in-house eau de colognes to freshen up.
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 13th April 2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Ô Hira by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777

O-Hira-SHL-7771-e1397416609603.jpg
    Last edited by Pinnacos; 14th April 2014 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacos View Post
    It's pretty standard for hair stylists to compliment their clients on how they smell or what they're wearing. It usually ensures a larger tip.
    Yes that's true, but he's a also a good friend of mine. We hang out all the time.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Chalk one up for Erolfa

Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    Chalk one up for Erolfa
    Plan to get a 2.5 oz bottle soon, glad to know it has good reception with the females

Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    Chalk one up for Erolfa
    Agreed! It's an amazing scent with one of the best drydowns of any Creeds offerings. This one just works do so well on my skin as I get excellent longevity.

Another enthusiastic compliment for Dior Homme Eau.

And I can attest to Erolfa- got some really good feedback when I've worn that recently.

Default Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Mark one for Virgin Island water 2013 Batch

Most recently got complimented on how I smell wearing smw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pure Malt! Surprised me a bit since I only put on 1 spray.

My most complimented scent, overall: Curve.
    I know that sounds crazy, but it's true.

My next-most complimented scent: Hanae Mori HM, EdT.
    Not to be confused with Hanae Mori HiM.

My most complimented scent by foodies: Royal Oud.
    Foodies seem to love the rich spicy smells. And yay for that!

My most complimented scent by avid readers: Gucci Pour Homme II.
    I don't know what it is about GphII, but bookish women seem to love it. And I love bookish women. Yum.

My most complimented scent by women who could easily beat me up: Fahrenheit.
    Badass women seem to love the badass scents, but I'm not really a badass guy.

My most complimented scent by outdoorsy women: Gucci Pour Homme.
    If the word Lumberjack turns her on, Gph is a can't go wrong choice. I am not a lumberjack. And I'm ok with that.

My most complimented scent by women who have nothing to say: Gendarme.
    Sad, but true. It's clean, but that's about all it is. I do love it though. It's a clean masterpiece.

My most complimented scent by women who won't shut up: L'Air du Desert Marocain.
    I'm a talker too, so yay for LDDM!

My most complimented scent where I don't trust the compliments: Interlude Man.
    Interlude Man is really strong, and really loud. I'm a firm believer that people sometimes compliment a scent because they notice it and they're curious, but it doesn't mean they really like it. Interlude Man is very strong, and very loud. It definitely piques curiosity. I've gotten some of the most enthusiastic compliments ever while wearing it, but I've also gotten some compliments where I could tell the person was mostly just curious what the heck they were smelling. For the record, I NEVER wear more than 2 sprays of it! As I said, it's very strong, and man oh man does it last a long time. Bonus! It has my all time favorite base. Deeeeeelicious.

My most complimented scent by suburbanites: Aventus.
    Honestly, the stuff should come with a Costco membership. If she drives an SUV (suburbs usually vehicle), she'll love Aventus. I love Aventus too, which is why I own it, but I am not a suburbanite.

My most complimented scent by women who date because they want to be mothers: Tom Ford For Men.
    I don't know why, but I find it amazing how many women have told me I'd make a great dad. I'm childless by choice though, which often means "No second date for you." That's fair enough. Still, something about TFFM seems to smell like characteristics women look for in a man to raise children with. Or so I've been told. So, if you're a single guy who wants to have a family someday, buy a bottle ASAP. And thank me later.

My most complimented scent by pot smokers: Do I even need to say it? Cannabis Santal.
    It doesn't really smell like pot, but it has a rich patchouli vibe that reels in the pot smokers like dumping chum in the sea.

My most complimented scent by liars: Sombre Negra, by Yosh.
    I know they don't really like it and are only complimenting me because it's kinder than saying "Holy hell man, WTF is that?!" It's a fantastic scent though (I only have a generous sample).

My most complimented scent by women I'd never want to run into in a dark alley: Kouros.
    I think Kouros is excellent, but I only have a sample. I've contemplated buying a bottle, but when I think about the women who have complimented me on it, I realize I'm more afraid of them than turned on by them (and that even includes the times when the terror can be somewhat erotic). If badass women love Fahrenheit, women who are so badass they make badass women look like wusses love Kouros.

My most complimented scent by women who, out of nowhere, suddenly realize they want to jump my bones: Molecule 01 layered with just a bit of Choco Musk.
    Molecule 01 smells nice (it's a linear "You smell good" scent that lasts for ages) but really, this is all about the Choco Musk. One shot of Choco Musk to the chest compliments it perfectly. It changes the conversation from Nice to Naughty, and that's always fun. Except when it's awkward (and sometimes, even then).

My potentially most complimented scent by women I haven't met yet in the summer: Millesime Imperial.
    Everything else in this list is true, but obviously, this one is just a guess... but, all I can say about MI is that it smells amazing when temps rise above 80. That's fahrenheit, for you rest-of-the-world people. Even MI would smell like death in 80 Celsius.

My potentially most complimented scent that I haven't had the chance to fall in love with yet? I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!!
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 20th April 2014 at 06:45 AM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Thanks for sharing how you experience getting different kinds of compliments, interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post

I don't know what it is about GphII, but bookish women seem to love it. And I love bookish women. Yum.

If the word Lumberjack turns her on, Gph is a can't go wrong choice. I am not a lumberjack. And I'm ok with that.

Sad, but true. It's clean, but that's about all it is. I do love it though. It's a clean masterpiece.

My most complimented scent by women who won't shut up: L'Air du Desert Marocain.

Interlude Man is really strong, and really loud. I'm a firm believer that people sometimes compliment a scent because they notice it and they're curious, but it doesn't mean they really like it. Interlude Man is very strong, and very loud. It definitely piques curiosity. I've gotten some of the most enthusiastic compliments ever while wearing it, but I've also gotten some compliments where I could tell the person was mostly just curious what the heck they were smelling. For the record, I NEVER wear more than 2 sprays of it! As I said, it's very strong, and man oh man does it last a long time. Bonus! It has my all time favorite base. Deeeeeelicious.

Honestly, the stuff should come with a Costco membership. If she drives an SUV (suburbs usually vehicle), she'll love Aventus. I love Aventus too, which is why I own it, but I am not a suburbanite.

My most complimented scent by women who date because they want to be mothers: Tom Ford For Men.
    I don't know why, but I find it amazing how many women have told me I'd make a great dad. I'm childless by choice though, which often means "No second date for you." That's fair enough. Still, something about TFFM seems to smell like characteristics women look for in a man to raise children with. Or so I've been told. So, if you're a single guy who wants to have a family someday, buy a bottle ASAP. And thank me later.

My most complimented scent by pot smokers: Do I even need to say it? Cannabis Santal.
    It doesn't really smell like pot, but it has a rich patchouli vibe that reels in the pot smokers like dumping chum in the sea.

I know they don't really like it and are only complimenting me because it's kinder than saying "Holy hell man, WTF is that?!" It's a fantastic scent though (I only have a generous sample).

My most complimented scent by women I'd never want to run into in a dark alley: Kouros.
    I think Kouros is excellent, but I only have a sample. I've contemplated buying a bottle, but when I think about the women who have complimented me on it, I realize I'm more afraid of them than turned on by them (and that even includes the times when the terror can be somewhat erotic). If badass women love Fahrenheit, women who are so badass they make badass women look like wusses love Kouros.

My most complimented scent by women who, out of nowhere, suddenly realize they want to jump my bones: Molecule 01 layered with just a bit of Choco Musk.
    Molecule 01 smells nice (it's a linear "You smell good" scent that lasts for ages) but really, this is all about the Choco Musk. One shot of Choco Musk to the chest compliments it perfectly. It changes the conversation from Nice to Naughty, and that's always fun. Except when it's awkward (and sometimes, even then).

My potentially most complimented scent by women I haven't met yet in the summer: Millesime Imperial.
    Everything else in this list is true, but obviously, this one is just a guess... but, all I can say about MI is that it smells amazing when temps rise above 80. That's fahrenheit, for you rest-of-the-world people. Even MI would smell like death in 80 Celsius.

My potentially most complimented scent that I haven't had the chance to fall in love with yet? I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!!
    Great post!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post

Great post. This one might be a top 100 post, I'm marking it for laughs and tips in the future.

MI is great in warm weather I agree!

By far to date Dior Homme Intense has gotten me the most compliments. From women to men its definitely a well loved fragrance among coco and iris lovers.

I have received compliments from the following:
    Dior Homme (vintage)
    L'air du desert morocain
    Interlude Man
    Millesime Imperial
    Invasion Barbare
    Aventus
    Reflection Man
    Bentley for Men Intense
    L'eau d'issey
    Royal Oud

the one I have received the most compliments on by far is Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce
    I have received numerous compliments from women of all ages. Blows my mind.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    the one I have received the most compliments on by far is Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce
    Yep.

I love this fragrance but it's a tricky one.
    One spray doesn't seem enough but two seems too much.

How many sprays do you apply?

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    I have received compliments from the following:
    Dior Homme (vintage)
    L'air du desert morocain
    Interlude Man
    Millesime Imperial
    Invasion Barbare
    Aventus
    Reflection Man
    Bentley for Men Intense
    L'eau d'issey
    Royal Oud

Yea girls love fierce.. but when they ask what it is i'm wearing i lie & tell em it's montblanc legend. Lol

At work, Infusion d'Homme, and Chanel No 19 Poudre. On other occasions, Terre d'Hermes.

Anyone ever tried autograph Homme from Marks and Spencer? It smells identical to paco rabanne 1 million and is a quarter of the price!

I was training a new hire today at work, and after a few hours she asks me, "What cologne are you wearing?" "Green Irish Tweed. Why it smells bad?" I say. "No. It smells good." She then told me that it smells similar to--Marc Ecko Blue--a cologne she bought her boyfriend. She then asked me if my fragrance smells similar to any other cologne, and I said Cool Water.

About an hour later, I was talking to a guy from work. We speak about fragrances occasionally. He told me that he recently smelled Tobacco Vanille, but that it's too expensive for him. He then asked me what cologne I was wearing because it smells good, and I said GIT. He asked me who makes it, and I said Creed. His eyes lit up when I mentioned Creed. "Oh, you're wearing a Creed cologne," he said. "Yeah. You've heard of Creed?" I said. "Yes, but I've never smelled one of their colognes." He then jokingly teased me a bit about wearing an expensive fragrance, and I said it was a gift. (A gift to myself, in my mind).

Quote Originally Posted by zero7786 View Post
    I was training a new hire today at work, and after a few hours she asks me, "What cologne are you wearing?" "Green Irish Tweed. Why it smells bad?" I say. "No. It smells good." She then told me that it smells similar to--Marc Ecko Blue--a cologne she bought her boyfriend. She then asked me if my fragrance smells similar to any other cologne, and I said Cool Water.

About an hour later, I was talking to a guy from work. We speak about fragrances occasionally. He told me that he recently smelled Tobacco Vanille, but that it's too expensive for him. He then asked me what cologne I was wearing because it smells good, and I said GIT. He asked me who makes it, and I said Creed. His eyes lit up when I mentioned Creed. "Oh, you're wearing a Creed cologne," he said. "Yeah. You've heard of Creed?" I said. "Yes, but I've never smelled one of their colognes." He then jokingly teased me a bit about wearing an expensive fragrance, and I said it was a gift. (A gift to myself, in my mind).
    Two very nice compliments on the same day - way to go!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

GIT is legendary.
    I seem to take it for granted and for some reason don't reach for it, but when I do I am always happy I did.

Today I received a compliment and a negative comment.

I work in a museum, and today I was assigned to be outside and organize all the school children on field trips. I walk by a group of children and their chaperons, and a chaperon tells me, "You smell really good." "Thank You," I said. The chaperon next to her then said, "I know I was going to say the exact same thing."

About an hour later I was speaking to a woman in her fifties, and she suddenly asks me, "Do you smell natural gas?" I said no,

I was wearing Creed Aventus.

Well...i have a hard time imagining aventus smelling like natural gas

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zero7786 View Post
    About an hour later I was speaking to a woman in her fifties, and she suddenly asks me, "Do you smell natural gas?" I said no
    Wow, that's a weird one. I wonder what gave her that impression. I thought you were going to say you were wearing something like Fahrenheit, Donna Karan Fuel or maybe even Bvlgari Black... but Aventus? Gas? I wonder what made her think that. People can be so strange sometimes. Ah well!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

You guys are going to think i'm shitting you with these 3 but here goes D&G light blue, Lacoste Red energy and (im almost embarrassed to say) CK escape are my top 3 most complimented of all time....Honorable mention goes to GIT and Le'male even though i rarely wear le'male to much vanilla but women do like it. For the record, I have Aventus and can never seem to pull a female compliment although men seem to go nuts over it.

Walked into class, passing a couple of girls to get to my seat, I heard a faint "dang he smells good" (not a direct compliment, but I'll take it as one!)
    I was wearing Virgin Island Water, which is also my girlfriends favorite fragrance of mine as well as one of my favorite scents. I just wish it lasted longer than 3-4 hours on my skin, but then yet I do only use 2 sprays so maybe I should try 3.. Reapplication is a must for me with VIW

Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    Walked into class, passing a couple of girls to get to my seat, I heard a faint "dang he smells good" (not a direct compliment, but I'll take it as one!)
    I was wearing Virgin Island Water, which is also my girlfriends favorite fragrance of mine as well as one of my favorite scents. I just wish it lasted longer than 3-4 hours on my skin, but then yet I do only use 2 sprays so maybe I should try 3.. Reapplication is a must for me with VIW
    Do 2 spray on your clothes, just below your arm pits and 1 to the back of your neck.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

I'm always cautious with arm pits sprays...I think they'll end up accentuating B.O.

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'm always cautious with arm pits sprays...I think they'll end up accentuating B.O.
    Shouldn't be a problem if you're just spraying on your clothes and they are fresh.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem if you're just spraying on your clothes and they are fresh.
    I don't think armpit sprays to my clothes would be wise for me especially, as I occasionally get sweaty pits at school or in big social places (might be a little bit of anxiety I have, as I don't sweat when I'm with my girlfriend or friends or people I'm comfortable with). Hoping it's because I'm still 19 and will grow out of it, if not I'm stuck with a case of hyperhydrosis for life!

Got a very enthusiastic compliment from Acqua Di Gio today. This bad boy still gets the job done!

I got a nice compliment from an older guy who hugged me at church today "you smell better than I do!". My wife also liked what I had on.

2 sprays of Dior Homme Eau.

Must have been the nice weather. Earlier today I received a rare compliment from a young lady entering the Metro. Said I smelled nice. Was wearing Splendid Wood by YSL. Put a smile on my face.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Must have been the nice weather. Earlier today I received a rare compliment from a young lady entering the Metro. Said I smelled nice. Was wearing Splendid Wood by YSL. Put a smile on my face.
    That's great, hednic! I'm interested in this fragrance because of the perfumer's earlier work, so it's nice to know it's already gotten a compliment!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I got a nice compliment from an older guy who hugged me at church today "you smell better than I do!". My wife also liked what I had on.

2 sprays of Dior Homme Eau.
    I've already gotten positive responses for this one, too. It will be on heavy rotation this summer FOR SURE.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I've already gotten positive responses for this one, too. It will be on heavy rotation this summer FOR SURE.
    Yep. It strikes me as the odd scent in my collection that I'll probably wear at least once a week.

I got 2 very enthusiastic compliments today in the grocery store. I was wearing Cedrat Boise. Funny thing is i couldn't smell it when i put my nose to skin but i could detect it wafting as i moved and so could others. This happens with Aventus, Scent of Peace for him and Cedrat Boise. Strange...but people always compliment me when i do wear them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Yep. It strikes me as the odd scent in my collection that I'll probably wear at least once a week.

Funny you mention this. This is what I've put out on my dresser for the week's wear. Eau is the only designer among them, as it happens, and is a holdover from last week. It's keeping pretty good company.

Definitely happy to have purchased this one, it's consistently gathering compliments.

2 of my friends got some pickups both wearing GIT

Got a nice compliment today on Roadster Cartier from my co-worker

I have got two compliments on Tobacco Vanille today from colleagues. Both women. One told me it's just perfect, smells very "clean" (I would not say TV is a clean smell, but hey...), not too strong or too weak.

She wanted to buy her husband a bottle, but then I told her the price and she changed her mind.
    Last edited by Quattroporte; 2nd May 2014 at 01:23 PM.

The question for me is rather "Which scent got me the first compliment in years" - and it was Mitsouko, today!
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Cuba Gold. my mom HATES any fragrance which isnt fresh/clean...out of all my frags she likes only Fierce, BdC & VPH...
    when i put something else she usually really hates it (DHI for example) , BUT one night i put Cuba Gold and when i passed by here she said "wow what are you wearing?" it was so funny. i asked here if she is being serious because i was ready to get the usual response from here but she said she dont know what or why, but it smells REALLY good to her.
    you have no idea how much i was surprised since i know her taste...

Basenotes Member

Compliments galore last night at a house party. I lost track but it was well received by many folks of both sexes.

Creed Aventus

Basenotes Member

And to round out the Cinco de Mayo weekend of compliments, two women went crazy after they smelled a whiff of none other than...

Creed Millisime Imperial

La nuit by YSL does very well on my skin & is my most complemented fragrance.

I wore Aventus 2 days in a row and original Santal and people stopped in mid sentence and complimented me on both frags . mostly female .

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Using Tapatalk