Code of Conduct
Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,820 of 6354

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by mariusg82 View Post
    Hanae Mori is the scent I get the most male and female compliments.
    Can you be more specific? Hanae Mori makes more than one perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by bearhug View Post
    Can you be more specific? Hanae Mori makes more than one perfume.
    I think he's referring to Hanae Mori, as in HM, although clarification would be nice.

Probably Bleu de Chanel , Modoc by Xerjoff, and Diaghilev by Roja Dove. Although Original Santal by Creed is an attention grabber too. As is YSL L'homme intense....very under appreciated juice.
    Last edited by makesomesense; 7th May 2014 at 01:41 AM.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

I've been wearing Bond Coney Island, Montauk, Sag Harbor, and Creed Original Vetiver for it has been hot outside. Lots of nice girls wearing their nice shorts and tanks been hittin up nicely on those frags. Compliments around, pleasant and numerous...

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

As silly as this may sound....Lacoste Red energy...

Number 2 will be Creed GIT but I have to be around people within 2 hours or they have to be making out with me to smell it..lol

I recently tried some Fahrenheit that I bought at a Rite Aid I think, anyways, its the old tri-color box, and to me it smelled like unleaded, but lo-and-behold, I actually get three compliments in one day. I am the proud owner of going on thirty bottles of cologne, and I don't remember the last time I recieved a compliment on any of them, so I suppose this one will go into the rotation. I am in the process of deciding wether or not to purchase the Summer version, which I tracked down a few days ago, but I'm still on the fence on that one.image.jpg
    Last edited by Omega1185; 8th May 2014 at 07:22 AM.

My first post on Basenotes ... And to answer the topic , for me it's Armani Code by Giorgio Armani

Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    My first post on Basenotes ... And to answer the topic , for me it's Armani Code by Giorgio Armani
    Armani code? I haven't tried that one, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega1185 View Post
    Armani code? I haven't tried that one, I'll check it out.
    Yeah, hands down. Works better on me than other Armani fragrances, like Acqua di Gio

I have been getting numerous compliments on Versace Eros.

Out of 200+ fragrances in my wardrobe, worn day in and day out, the number one complimented scent is ... wait for it...

Aventus.

Aventus, Patchouli Nobile, and Ambra Nobile.

OK,

Here's my new list of complimented fragrances in order:

1. Aventus (no, I don't work for Creed....this stuff gets the compliments)
    2. Dior Homme (reformulated) - I get a lot of compliments on this....I usually wear this with a suit
    3. Gucci Pour Homme 2 - really nice and pleasant scent. Gets compliments
    4. Dior Homme Sport (reformulated) - go easy on the trigger with this stuff...2 sprays...elegant summer scent
    5. Dolce and Gabbana the One for men - lots of compliments on this scent. If you want more projection, wear the deodorant as well
    6. Creed Virgin Island Water - wear this strictly in the summer or on a sunny vacation. Beautiful scent

A few that I need to wear more to determine if they get the compliments include Valentino Uomo, Versace Pour Homme, Chanel Edition Blanche. Also, I haven't worn Creed GIT in a while but will do so soon and see the response I get

I get alot compliments with Versace Man Eau Fraiche

First wear of AB Silver by Lomani, and got a compliment from my sister. She wants me to buy a bottle for her to give to her husband.

I was kidnapped at gunpoint by a mother daughter team outside Walmart who held me captive until I told them what I was wearing......Aventus

I was coming out of Nieman Marcus when a security guard stopped me to look in my shopping bag....told me I smelled good...Tuscan Leather

I was in the supermarket sniffing melons when I heard a little voice ask me..."what cologne are you wearing?"...I turned around but did not see anyone. Then I looked down to see the sweetest 5' 1" lady who reminded me of my grandmother...I go around 6'3" so it took me awhile to find her....she told me she had not smelled anything that good in 50 years. I thanked her profusely, spoke with her a bit and handed her my melon and said.."take this..it will be a good one.".....Chanel Egoiste
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Yesterday day I layered ck one 2014 and aventus girl In class said I smelled nice and fruity. This morning female said it smelled good and like a dude I was wearing blue De Chanel.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Member

I never got any compliments on niche frags except Aventus and Bergamote 22. Most of the time designer's like GPH II, Dior fahrenheit aqua, Egoiste even Davidof Good Life attracts more attention.
    Last edited by RumScent; 15th May 2014 at 04:42 AM. Reason: addition

Wow this thread is still going strong. So much history and information contained within it.

I'd say Boss Bottled gets me the most compliments, and it's not even one of my top favorites.

Yep. This thread is awesome. By the way, another two compliments for Fierce. Ok, I'll stop posting this here haha

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    I thanked her profusely, spoke with her a bit and handed her my melon and said.."take this..it will be a good one."
    They say there were no better melon in history...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Yep. This thread is awesome. By the way, another two compliments for Fierce. Ok, I'll stop posting this here haha

Enviado de meu Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk
    dude dont stop..i wont stop..fierce gets the job done, just like aventus but without the name and price tag. who cares? Fierce rocks!

A woman at my work goes absolutely nuts when i wear Green Irish Tweed. She bites her lip, moans a little and her eyes roll in the back of her head as she gasps how amazing it smells. No joke. Just two sprays of my bottle and it lasts for 8 hours easy but i feel as if its over projecting as she can smell me from a far distance. I definitely have a potent bottle. Personally i dont like the opening of GIT, but the drydown is just beautiful.

Received my first compliment in a long time today...

I've had La Nuit for a few years and only worn it a couple times. I find it a bit cloying and sometimes gives me a headache. Anyway today I thought I'd give it a spritz, just a spray to the wrist and side of neck. I immediately thought "yep I'm not sure I like this, maybe I'll sell it".

Went to a cafe for lunch and the waitress said "sorry if this is weird to say, but you smell really good!". She was quite embarrassed about saying anything but I was quite flattered and thanked her.

I had started the thread about NEVER receiving compliments so this was a very rare occasion. Perhaps it's because I mainly wear niche these days...?

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Received my first compliment in a long time today...

I've had La Nuit for a few years and only worn it a couple times. I find it a bit cloying and sometimes gives me a headache. Anyway today I thought I'd give it a spritz, just a spray to the wrist and side of neck. I immediately thought "yep I'm not sure I like this, maybe I'll sell it".

Went to a cafe for lunch and the waitress said "sorry if this is weird to say, but you smell really good!". She was quite embarrassed about saying anything but I was quite flattered and thanked her.

I had started the thread about NEVER receiving compliments so this was a very rare occasion. Perhaps it's because I mainly wear niche these days...?
    if you will stick to La Nuit, we will see more posts from you in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by zero7786 View Post
    I was training a new hire today at work, and after a few hours she asks me, "What cologne are you wearing?" "Green Irish Tweed. Why it smells bad?" I say. "No. It smells good." She then told me that it smells similar to--Marc Ecko Blue--a cologne she bought her boyfriend. She then asked me if my fragrance smells similar to any other cologne, and I said Cool Water.

About an hour later, I was talking to a guy from work. We speak about fragrances occasionally. He told me that he recently smelled Tobacco Vanille, but that it's too expensive for him. He then asked me what cologne I was wearing because it smells good, and I said GIT. He asked me who makes it, and I said Creed. His eyes lit up when I mentioned Creed. "Oh, you're wearing a Creed cologne," he said. "Yeah. You've heard of Creed?" I said. "Yes, but I've never smelled one of their colognes." He then jokingly teased me a bit about wearing an expensive fragrance, and I said it was a gift. (A gift to myself, in my mind).
    Its funny you mentioned the price thing. I had a co worker said for two hundred bucks, Tom Ford better come to his house and spray him. They don't understand the high price tag.

Basenotes Plus

Okay so I'm going to have to admit Creed MI, Pure White Cologne and Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet are loved by my girlfriend. Dia Man is also a favourite.

She generally screws wrinkles her nose to everything else, even Roja Parfum extraits and Amouage attars :/

Basenotes Member

Even as a gay guy, I love getting compliments from women. I've also found that my female friends will be very honest with me regarding a scent, because they know neither of us is getting anything out it it LOL Anyway, my lady pals really like Platinum Egoiste, Bergamote 22 (they like this a LOT), Tobacco Vanille, and everything Dior. Ironically, they're not so crazy about my unisex Hermes fragrances from the Jardin line, although one did buy an atomizer and help herself to Un Jardin Sur Le Toit.

But, for all you fellow basenoters who are looking for a return from the ladies on your investment, I would recommend Bergamote 22, even if it is expensive (thankfully Le Labo sells relatively small sizes). Not only will they like it, they'll be impressed that you went beyond the local fragrance for something good.

Kouros Yves Saint Laurent for men (current formulation) - complimented by a female colleague and she wants to buy one for her husband
    Last edited by Freschi; 21st May 2014 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by w1x View Post
    dude dont stop..i wont stop..fierce gets the job done, just like aventus but without the name and price tag. who cares? Fierce rocks!
    You're right man! I can't give Fierce enough praise, sometimes it seems to do the job for me on its own, it's like my wingman haha.
    My Aventus sample, on the other hand, hasn't gotten me any compliments. Sometimes I think it's just a little too mature for girl's tastes.

Mugler cologne

for many years most of my girlfriends asking from me buy the D&G POUR HOMME...it was kind like love potion or maybe sex potion!!!!im 40 years old wear fragrance 25 years now and with that fragrance it was like you are rock star between groupies...anyway TERRES D`HERMES and VERCACE DREAMER get compliments all the time.
    Last edited by paul fere; 27th May 2014 at 10:50 PM.

AB Fierce, L'homme Original and Nuit, Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche, Silver Mountain Water. The most complimented though is Fierce. I wore Aventus, GIT, Royal Oud, and never received a compliment, good thing I just bought the samples only.

Earlier today I got a surprise compliment from a female investor. Was wearing Jules. She said I smelled "distinguished" I think that's good.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

First time wearing Xeryus Rouge today and got a very enthusiastic compliment from my GF....which is strange cuz I really wouldn't have thought this would appeal to a 25yr old woman?!

Nice compliment on Gucci Pour Homme ll this morning.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

I just received and took L'Humaniste out of the box to spray and wear to a convention. Upon arriving at the place, I IMMEDIATELY received a gushing compliment on this fresh, luscious fragrance! Wow! I was on a cloud and stepping lively the whole evening!!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

Nice! L'humaniste is too mild on my skin :/ nobody can smell me

At a staff meeting this morning, a female colleague leaned over and whispered, "You smelled good" to me.

I am wearing Rose Anonyme by Altelier Cologne. I never would have thought this one to be a compliment getter (or a heavy projector), but stranger things have happened.

For years I wore Very Sexy for him from Victora's Secret and would get TONS of compliments, then started wearing Creeds Original Santal in 2009 and never turned back. Still get TONS of compliments down here in New Orleans wear Original Santal all year long.

Just received a compliment from about 2-3 feet away. I was wearing Montale Dark Purple and I'm 7 hrs into application.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I hate to say it because it's not my favorite, but if I use Pinaud Citrus Musk aftershave (longevity is almost nil) and use a couple of sprays of Issey Miyake L`eau D`Issey Pour Homme, I seem to get a lot of random compliments. Maybe the citrus or the musks of the two work well together.

Not a huge fan of Issey Miyake, but I think females really like the clean smell and I am not sure if any of the Vetiver's I have tried have the projection. It does have a pretty good dry down IMO and maybe that is what these girls smell on me, but the lemon-pledge complaints on the opening are valid but the dry down is pretty nice.

I think the musk of the Pinaud works well with this fragrance - the end result (after 30 minutes or so) is clean without the soapy vibe of a vetiver or the overblown lemon blast off the Issey open.

I am convinced if I wore this all the time, I'd hear more compliments. It's almost like clockwork and it kind of sucks because I am not a huge fan at all but the attention it gets almost wants me to order another bottle since this one is almost gone.

Massive compliment on my new bottle of GIT today. I was strolling around TJ Maxx and a woman (around 40) walked up to me and said "I promise that I'm not following you...but you smell so good! What is that?" I told her Creed Green Irish Tweed and I told her where she could find it. She said her husband wears Dolce and Gabbana. She said she often orders off the internet.

She finally said something like "Well, don't change because that really works for you".

Biggest compliment i've received in a while!

^^^^^^^^
    That IS a great compliment, Chuck. Nice job

Might have to look into GIT. I am a fan of Creed's Aventus.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 1st June 2014 at 01:46 PM.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Yesterday at a birthday party, a girl, friend of mine, asked me: "do you smell that? Somebody is wearing a fragrance that smells like chocolate!". I told her to smell me, to see if it was my cologne. Then she said "Yees! It is you!". Later that night, she said it again: "Wow, what a great smell!" With a smile on her face. Don't get the wrong idea, she is my buddy's girlfriend, but a compliment so enthusiastic like that is worth 10 compliments in my book
    I was wearing the last drops from my sample of Tobacco Vanille. Time for a decant now!

My most recent compliments have been with:

Escentric 02 from Escentric Molecules - bar waitress who was pretty hawt, to say the least, kept asking where and how she could get this stuff

Cartier Declaration - Girl who normally cuts my hair leaned over me while I was in the chair and said "Somebody smells yummy!!!!".....

Aventus - hot nurse at one of the medical clinics I cover said "what is that you're wearing ! ?" Then she paraded me around to her other girlfriend nurses for them to smell me...

Royal Oud - Co-worker at one of our Regional meetings in Tampa gave me a hug and said "WOW ! you smell very nice"...She then asked me to write down the name of the fragrance and the house....

These compliments probably happened within the last 6-8 months though.....I've never had a "two-fer" though...Where somebody DIFFERENT compliments you twice in one day wearing the same fragrance.

oh and forgot one today...My 7 year old daughter said "Daddy, you smell great !"....The scent ? Terre D'Hermes parfum.....
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) Helmut Lang Cuiron (Vintage)
    2.) Tiffany for men (Vintage)
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) New York Intense
    5.) Nicolai Carre d'as
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Houbigant Fougere Royale
    9.) L'Homme Sage
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

Basenotes Plus

I've recently been getting a lot of compliments on Konig by Yosh. Like a lot. I love the stuff, and it seems like a lot of other people seem to as well. Always get comps when I wear Tom of Finland and CdG Black, and Bottega Veneta pour homme. Also, oddly in my opinion due to the nearly threatening austerity of it, Eau de gentiane blanche from Hermes. Back when I had more than a quarter of a bottle left and I was wearing it more regularly, Paul Smith London was a serious attention grabber. Like people searching me out in crowds.

Walked into a fast food restaurant for a roast beef sandwich. As I ordered, the cashier suddenly looked up,from what she was doing and said, "Gee, you really smell good today! What is the occasion?" I thanked her and told her that I habitually spritzed something whenever I go out.
    Versace PH, you have earned another trip out of the house this week. Good girl!!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

I always get compliments when I wear Chez Bond and Diptyque 34 st Germaine
    Current top choices:
    1- Portrait of A Lady
    2-Guerlain Heritage
    3- Chez Bond
    4- Amouage Dia
    5- New York oud
    6 34 st Germaine boulevard by Diptyque
    7- by killian Pure Oud
    8- coromandel by Chanel
    9- MFK lumiere Noir
    10- Clive Christian X

Don't you guys love how we always end up blowing random people's minds on the streets or at social events with our great smells? It's amazing, we surely are leaving a strong mark on the people around us

I tell ya, this has never happened to me before! For the second day in a row, I've been complimented profusely over the Versace PH that I'm wearing. I was at the deli counter in a supermarket when a cute worker asked me what did I have on. "It smells sooooo good!" I told her and, after thanking her, I asked if she could really smell me way over here on the other side of the counter. "Yeaahhh and it's really nice" she smiled as she cut my meat.

Quote Originally Posted by cadenz View Post
    I tell ya, this has never happened to me before! For the second day in a row, I've been complimented profusely over the Versace PH that I'm wearing. I was at the deli counter in a supermarket when a cute worker asked me what did I have on. "It smells sooooo good!" I told her and, after thanking her, I asked if she could really smell me way over here on the other side of the counter. "Yeaahhh and it's really nice" she smiled as she cut my meat.
    i think finally after some years, VPH gets the respect it should as a great fragrance and a compliment getter...my collection contain the HEAVY HITTERS of compliments and VPH is for sure in the TOP 3...not a lot of people wear it so more fun for us

i think finally after some years, VPH gets the respect it should as a great fragrance and a compliment getter...my collection contain the HEAVY HITTERS of compliments and VPH is for sure in the TOP 3...not a lot of people wear it so more fun for us
    I just swapped mine. It, IMHO, is just better suited to younger guys. I'm 46, so I'm thinking 20's and lower. My two cents, your mileage may vary.

I think VPH is amazing! I've gotten some good compliments with it too, and I'm 27

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I just swapped mine. It, IMHO, is just better suited to younger guys. I'm 46, so I'm thinking 20's and lower. My two cents, your mileage may vary.
    i always thought its was a bit on the mature side...i dont get anything really young about it its very proffesional i think it suits all ages...ofcourse i cant argue if this is what you feel...maybe you'll flip 180 on it in the future

oh and by the way, its not a real compliment, but a girl who im studying with saw my fragrane collection and guess what she picked as number 1?
    Versace Pour Homme your right! "wow this is amazing, all your fragrances are good but this is the best one for sure!!"
    she said that after VPH her next favourite surprise surprise is Bleu de Chanel
    she tried everything btw (VPH BdC A&F Fierce L'Homme La Nuit The One DHI Play Intense and Body Kouros)
    so yea, cant beat it

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'm surprised that you think it's only geared for guys in college and high school. I read a lot of threads you post in and we generally have similar tastes in fragrances. I'm 45, and although I tend to gravitate towards fresher fragrances I think it's pretty versatile. It might be a regional thing, too, because for southern California I could honestly see a guy any age wearing this.

i always thought its was a bit on the mature side...i dont get anything really young about it its very proffesional i think it suits all ages...ofcourse i cant argue if this is what you feel...maybe you'll flip 180 on it in the future
    Pretty much agree with this. I get complimented fairly often with VPH, too.

Also, I was wearing Aventus today for the first time in awhile and while shopping a very attractive cashier asked what I was wearing and wrote it down. For unsolicited compliments and intrigue factor nothing matches Aventus! You won't simply get a "You smell nice" but rather an inquiry to know exactly what it is you're wearing. By far the most complimented fragrance I've ever worn.

byandthrough

Gotten a few over the past month with Bvlgari Aqva. At first, I wasn't a huge fan of it but as I've worn it more, I've grown to really enjoy it. Getting the compliments helps, haha.

Polo Red

I was told last week by my site supervisor that the one I wore on the first or second day (Mon or Tues of last week) was really nice. Either Green Irish Tweed or Bleu de Chanel.

Today, I'm wearing MI and a lady in the office mentioned that it smells good (directed to me), though I was in an office room and she was passing by in the hallway. Perhaps I put on too much?

Excuse my lack of verbatim .
    (Formerly Jouho)