Code of Conduct

Cool The Fragrance you have the most bottles of...

(Sorry, my photo clipped the back row, two of the 125ml bottles)

Mine is Davidoff Zino (counting only pre-reformulation). Next in line is YSL KOUROS (I've got 6 vintage bottles of that).

I'm sure there are people here who can easily top me. Let's see what you got?
    Last edited by cytherian; 1st March 2015 at 09:40 PM.
    Some favorites: Amouage Jubilation XXV, Versace L'Homme (vintage), YSL M7, YSL Kouros (vintage), Gucci Envy, Gucci Nobile, Gucci Pour Homme (2003), Hermes Bel Ami (vintage), Hermes Equipage, Chanel Antaeus (vintage), Chanel Pour Monsieur (vintage), Estee Lauder Metropolis, Jean-Marc Sinan VO, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Guerlain L'Homme Intense, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Etro Palais Jamais, Etro Vetiver, Etro Shaal Nur, Davidoff Zino (1st), AdP Essenza, AdP Intensa Oud, Gianfranco Ferre For Man (vintage), Elsha 1776, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Knize Ten, Calvin Klein Obsession (vintage), Jovoy Private Label, Monsieur Carven, Diptyque Hesperides

Default Re: The Fragrance you have the most bottles of...

Ungaro III (3-4 backups)

Gph1... 4 x 100 ml. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post

Mine is Davidoff Zino (counting only pre-reformulation).
    I'm jealous.

This is one of the few that I've actually gone through at least 3 bottles of. In the 90's, I wore a ton of this.

What's your take on the NEWEST formulation?
    Last edited by SportsFan; 1st March 2015 at 10:06 PM.

At one time I had 30 bottles of Pure Malt I found at Macy's when it was hard to find. Sold em all, they did look nice while I had them. I own a 4.2 oz tester and 2.5 of the pre reformulated Zino. Great pick to have multiple bottles of.

Sent from Richard's Ipad

LOL! Cytherian...now I don't feel so bad! (I love Zino, too, and have one backup!)

I have six bottles of Cuir de Lancome. I bought them when they were about $29 a bottle. Now the prices are creeping back up to $70. It retailed for $125.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post

(Sorry, my photo clipped the back row, two of the 125ml bottles)

Mine is Davidoff Zino (counting only pre-reformulation). Next in line is YSL KOUROS (I've got 6 vintage bottles of that).

I'm sure there are people here who can easily top me. Let's see what you got?
    A great one to be sure. Got a couple bottles meself. I realize that I acuallh have more of Giorgio Beverly Hills for men than GPH1. Most are pre-elizabeth arden bottles.

Gengis Khan Vintage - Almost 4 X100ml
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather - I think I'm up to 8 x 100ml bottles, 1 x 50ml, 1 x 250ml flacon.

Christian Lacroix Tumulte Pour Homme - 4 x 100ml, 3 x 50ml.

Gucci pour Homme I - 4 x 100ml.

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino - 3 x 100ml, 2 x 50ml, 1 x 250ml flacon.

I have lots of doubles of many other fragrances, these are just the few that I know for sure I have a lot more than two bottles of.

Some of the bottles it's hard to keep track of, as I have them in different houses and sometimes forget I already have them there, and end up buying another bottle to leave there so I don't have to travel with them. Grrrr. I should really inventory it all, LOL... First world problem, that's for sure.

Basenotes Plus

I hoarded 3 or 4 bottles of Coeur de Vetiver Sacre and Tea for Two when L'Artisan sold them at 50% off.

Remik - I am salivating at your Tumulte pour Homme bottles.

Bois d'Ascese (2)
    MadHat Scents

Lavhim (***ALMOST GONE Only 150ml Remaining***) (Frankincense-Lavender-Green Birch Leaves) / Jour et la Nuit (Only 165ml Remaining) (Animalic-Chypre-Blood Orange-Smoky) / Embers (Un-burned Incense, Campfires, Leather and Resins)

+++ Vintage, original version Christian Dior Jules 6 to 8 bottles of 50ml

+++ Gucci Nobile 7 to 8 bottles split as - 5 X 50ml + 2 or 3 X 125ml

+++ Vintage version Eau Sauvage edt - can't remember exact amount, but it should be 3-4 of the 200ml splash version, couple of 100ml bottles (+ one 200ml current edt).

+++ Gucci Pour Homme 1976 = 6 bottles, split as - 2 X 125ml + 2 X 60ml + 2 X 30ml

+++ Chanel Pour Monsieur (excluding the current version on the count) - 6 bottles split as = 3 X 125ml + 1 X 90ml + 2 X 50ml

+++ Slumberhouse Ore = probably 240ml of juice in total.

+++ Nino Cerruti Uomo - probably 4-5 bottles X 50ml
    Last edited by badarun; 2nd March 2015 at 12:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Envy for Men by Gucci (1 x 50ml, 1 x 100ml)

M7 by YSL (2 x 50ml)

Gucci Envy, D & G Masculine, Lanvin l'homme Sport, Zino Davidoff, L'eau Bleue d'Issey

3 or 4 bottles of each.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

I am almost ashamed to post this. I have two 4.0 OZ bottles of Creed MI that are about 60-70 percent full each. I have a 99% full GIT, and a 99% empty GIT, both are 4 OZ size. That is it. I'm not really into back-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    I'm jealous.

This is one of the few that I've actually gone through at least 3 bottles of. In the 90's, I wore a ton of this.

What's your take on the NEWEST formulation?
    Thanks. Took about a year of scrounging around to come up with this collection (passed on some that went a bit higher). Newest formulation is still good. A little weaker, a bit less depth. Still has unmistakable Zino DNA. However, given a toss up between the two, I'd prefer vintage and I'm willing to pay more for it as well. I have one bottle of the current formulation and gradually using it up. I'll put a few sprays of that on and after the dry down I'll spray a little vintage on top. Current is so damned cheap, I'll probably pick up a few bottles of that this year. I'm very curious to see how the inventory plays out... but given how long it has been since Zino was discontinued, I think it's going to be some years yet before we start to see pricing go up.
    Some favorites: Amouage Jubilation XXV, Versace L'Homme (vintage), YSL M7, YSL Kouros (vintage), Gucci Envy, Gucci Nobile, Gucci Pour Homme (2003), Hermes Bel Ami (vintage), Hermes Equipage, Chanel Antaeus (vintage), Chanel Pour Monsieur (vintage), Estee Lauder Metropolis, Jean-Marc Sinan VO, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Guerlain L'Homme Intense, Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Etro Palais Jamais, Etro Vetiver, Etro Shaal Nur, Davidoff Zino (1st), AdP Essenza, AdP Intensa Oud, Gianfranco Ferre For Man (vintage), Elsha 1776, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Knize Ten, Calvin Klein Obsession (vintage), Jovoy Private Label, Monsieur Carven, Diptyque Hesperides

You guys are sure piling up like some sort of "Olfactory Apocalypse" is coming .

I'm not really into back-ups since my taste evolves and I never know which fragrance will grow on me and which one I'll get tired of once my current bottle is finished. Also since I've been into fragrances, other than popular ones, for only a couple of (very intense) years so I haven't known a lot of big favourite ones that got discontinued. Maybe if my current favourites get "terminated" I'll want to get 2-3 of them before they're gone who knows...

I just made the "mistake" of trying vintage M7 and D&G By even if I knew they were discontinued because I was too curious. So I'm always keeping an eye on good deals on those 2 so I've got 2 100ml vintage M7. And I don't plan on adding more of it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather - I think I'm up to 8 x 100ml bottles, 1 x 50ml, 1 x 250ml flacon.

Some of the bottles it's hard to keep track of, as I have them in different houses and sometimes forget I already have them there, and end up buying another bottle to leave there so I don't have to travel with them. Grrrr. I should really inventory it all, LOL... First world problem, that's for sure.
    Damn! I seriously can not get why you'd get this much from fragrances that are still available.
    Last edited by Detox; 2nd March 2015 at 02:13 AM.
    ¤¤ Let's create another Creed thread! ¤¤
    ¤¤ Everytime you talk about batches or reformulations, "God" kills a child. Please think of the children.
    http://www.applepiebrigade.org/wp-co...09/sad-kid.jpg ¤¤

Windsor, Nobile, Blend 30. 2-3 large bottles of each.

I have three 100ml bottles of Terre d'Hermes.

I have three bottles of Rive Gauche in the tin can and 1 x 100ml and three x 30 ml of Gucci Pour Homme I

I think I will get a back up or two of Gucci Pour Homme II in the near future as it may or may not be discontinued, no one seems to know for sure. Either way I feel it has a limited life span within Gucci's future.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Cacharel Nemo = 3
    D&G By = 2
    Lancome Programme Homme = 2

Dependent

Several Paris and parfumcorp Kouros and a partially full 1000ml jug of vintage Antaeus
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Quote Originally Posted by s810 View Post
    Cacharel Nemo = 3
    D&G By = 2
    Lancome Programme Homme = 2
    I "hate" you lol Just kidding. I have one bottle and I'll see if I chase another one a little bit before I'm done with it. Nemo is very good too! I have bottle also!
    ¤¤ Everytime you talk about batches or reformulations, "God" kills a child. Please think of the children.

8 x 100ml bottles of AG Encens Flamboyant, 6 x 100ml bottles of AG Ambre Fétiche, 4x 50ml bottles of CdG Monocle Hinoki, 3x 100ml bottles of Timbuktu, 2x 250 ml bottles each of Ambre Nuit and Mitzah, 3 x 50ml bottles of Rundholz April.3.1968, 3x 100ml bottles of FM Dans Tes Bras, 5 x 50ml bottles of PHI Rose de Kandahar, and 3 x 50ml bottles each of Incense Extreme, L'Air du Désert Marocain and Rose Vermeille. There's more but those are the major ones.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Remik - I am salivating at your Tumulte pour Homme bottles.
    That represents about a solid year of searching and lots of bidding on eBay, some won (obviously), some lost to crazy bidders. And to think, it all started with a small 5ml mini I got just to see what the fuss was all about. I blame Alfarom on this one - it's he who gave away the secret in one of his PMs and I have to say, it was one of his best recommendations ever. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Damn! I seriously can not get why you'd get this much from fragrances that are still available.
    Well, I have more than one house and more than one office, so I have stuff piled up all over so I don't have to travel with suitcases full of bottles. Some of these purchases have been happy accidents, when I forgot I already had a bottle at one location and ended up ordering and shipping another bottle there directly. Oh well, it's only money, and money is still in print so you can always get more of it.

Rive Gauche pour homme: 3 tin cans
    Dior Homme (vintage): 3 bottles (1x 100ml , 2x 50ml)

Gucci Pour Homme II - 2x 50ml bottles. I don't have much in terms of backups for anything else. Only stuff that overlaps.

Finally picked up a backup of this, waited too long now that its out of production, because nothing comes even remotely close (not even the original):

I will be dragging this to fragrance boutiques to see if they can recommend a replacement

Tuscan Leather:

3 - 100ML (unused)

2 - 50ML (unused)

3 - 250ML (2 unused, working my way through 1 with about 150ML left)

3 - Tom Ford Travel Atomizers 20ML each

1110 ML - 37.5 oz (I cannot F'ing believe Remik beat me. I'm buying another flacon tonight!)

And over the years i've gone through 2 50ML's and 1 100ML bottle.

I love Tuscan Leather

After that, i have about 600ML of Vintage M7

And then i have 500ML of Vintage Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Gucci pour Homme 2: 9 x 100ml.
    Basically bought the majority of the bottles in case it gets discontinued in the (near) future.

In addition to the primary bottle:

Carnal flower x 5 (because wifey uses it as well).
    Vetiver extraordinaire x 1
    Santal Noble
    Route du Vetiver
    Vega x 1
    Cushy habit rouge x 3
    Vetiver Bourbon x 2

for swap/sale:

That represents about a solid year of searching and lots of bidding on eBay, some won (obviously), some lost to crazy bidders. And to think, it all started with a small 5ml mini I got just to see what the fuss was all about. I blame Alfarom on this one - it's he who gave away the secret in one of his PMs and I have to say, it was one of his best recommendations ever. ;-)

Well, I have more than one house and more than one office, so I have stuff piled up all over so I don't have to travel with suitcases full of bottles. Some of these purchases have been happy accidents, when I forgot I already had a bottle at one location and ended up ordering and shipping another bottle there directly. Oh well, it's only money, and money is still in print so you can always get more of it.
    Not easy to have so much money to spend isn't!? lol Don't worry I'm just kidding with you! BUT since I'm going back to school and in a (I didn't know until recently) very expensive one, so I'll be going back to that tight student budget thing, if you've got too much money on your end I'll strongly encourage you to participate to the "Detox Fragrance Lover Back to School Fund" lol . More seriously now TL is great! And who/what is your avatar? It's intriguing to me.

I have 3 bottles of Gucci Pour Homme (probably only adds up to about 130ml though)
    And 2 bottles of:
    Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Vintage Bel Ami
    and Or black (one vintage and another from a few years ago)
    My favorites in no particular order:

Vintage Antaeus, Vintage Bel Ami, Puredistance M, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain, MDCI Invasion Barbare, Amouage Jubilation XXV, Morabito Or Black, Sycomore, Gucci Pour Homme I, Jovoy Private Label, Geranium Pour Monsieur

I don't usually go past 1 backup bottle:
    -Feu d'Issey
    -Theo Fennell Scent
    -Vol De Nuit (extrait and EDT)
    -No 5 extrait
    -TDC Osmanthus
    -TDC Rose Poivree

3 bottles of GPH II

Basenotes Plus

2 100ml backup bottles of Gucci Envy

Basenotes Plus

2x - Aventus - 120ML

2x - Aventus - 100ML

2x - Green Irish Tweed - 120ML

Debating getting a flacon of Aventus to split, and grab a couple 100ML's. I've found a decent price and I'd like the flacon bottle.

For all my bottles, I actually only have a few with backups.

Rive Gauche (tin can) x 2
    Guerlain Vetiver (ribbed bottle) x 3
    YSL Pour Homme (edt sigh) x 2
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Member

The only fragrance I have multiple bottles of is Versace Blue Jeans. I do need to pick up another bottle of Chrome Legend by Azzaro as I really like that one as well.

Have two 150ml of bleu de chanel EDP. Wanted to have a spare before they reformulate the EDP
    Currently seeking: zengna javanese patchouli, zegna indonesian oud

Please help

Vintage Kouros x 3
    Creed Royal English Leather x 2
    Creed Orange Spice x 2
    Mouchoir de Monsieur x 2
    Dunhill 1934 x 2

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Habit Rouge EDC (4)
    Amouage Dia (2)
    Amouage Tribute (3)
    Amouage Homage (3)
    Amouage Taifi Rose (2)

Christian Lacroix Tumulte Pour Homme - 4 x 100ml, 3 x 50ml.

Gucci pour Homme I - 4 x 100ml.

I have lots of doubles of many other fragrances, these are just the few that I know for sure I have a lot more than two bottles of.

Most people in the 1st world don't own numerous houses, so perhaps you're experiencing a 1% problem?
    Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains. - Karl Marx

At the minute it’s JPG Kokorico as I have a tiny bit left in the bottom of one bottle, and a full bottle I bought a few weeks ago as I saw it ridiculously cheap.

As I’ve stated many times on here I can’t afford to buy all the bottles I don’t own, never mind spares of ones I do.

maybe 40 large bottles of back ups
    most prominent 5 bottles of Gucci PH II, having already finished two bottles
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

- 8x Kouros (different vintages, Fraîcheur and aftershave)
    - 8x Dolce & Gabbana (6x made in Italy, 2x made in Germany)
    - 400 ml of vintage Cool Water
    - 5 bottles of Caractere by Daniel Hechter
    - 1000ml of vintage Paco Rabanne aftershave
    Last edited by Slayerized; Yesterday at 09:59 AM.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Annick Goutal: Ambre Fetiche
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Amouage: Epic
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Acqua di Parma: Colonia Intensa Oud
    - Histoires de Parfums: 1740 Marquis de Sade
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

All of them? None of them? I guess I do own a 5ml sample of TdH Parfum as well as a full bottle, but otherwise I have no more than a full bottle of anything.
    Aventus? Never heard of it.