Code of Conduct

Default Boucheron Jaipur por homme

Hello.... I haven't seen to much talk about this fragrance,I know that its been out for a long time any thoughts or opinions on this one.

Default Re: Boucheron Jaipur por homme

Smells like old people. I didnt like it. Thats just me.tho.

Quote Originally Posted by raw810 View Post
    Smells like old people. I didnt like it. Thats just me.tho.
    Unfortunately, no old people I know or have known smelled anything like JPH. LOL.

One of the most pleasant scents in my opinion. I just wished it lasted longer on me.

Own a bottle and love it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Own both the EDP and EDT... Love both... Prefer the EDP!!!

Nice Vanilla gem.

Awesome fragrance in my opinion. I can't see the old folk smell but a very pleasant feel good scent.

maybe my nose is off but I've worn the EdP a bunch of times and my impression is it's a fairly standard aromatic fougere type scent with a creamy accord added, much like Rive Gauche PH. I find RG more powdery and anise heavy and Boucheron slightly warmer but also had some kind of buzzing synthetic side that try as I might I just couldn't get past. I wanted to like this but RG will remain my go to for this sort of 80's barbershop type scent.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

A fancy, overwhelming oriental powder bomb. Smells old fashioned and excessively formal, in my opinion.

I wanted to like this a lot. I bought the EDT and EDP at the same time based on countless positive reviews. I can not wear either. It's so powdery and dandyish and I feel ridiculous when I have it on.

That's my honest opinion of Jaipur. Wish I had something better to say about it.

Well this thread sure started out dignified. "Smells like old people". Ridiculous.

This has an older vibe to it, but only with respect to 20-something mostly synthetic aquatic fragrances. I'd say it's more suitable to guys in their 30's and above, but not for someone in their 60's and above unless they have a definite younger personality.

It can be a bit cloying and heavy in warmer months. Definitely for the cooler months.

Quote Originally Posted by cytherian View Post
    Well this thread sure started out dignified. "Smells like old people". Ridiculous.
    Hey, no reason to slam the brotatoes of the world. Imagine what they might smell like if they didn't wear those melonic, chemical soup concoctions! LOL.

In my top 10 masculine fragrances ever. Pure golden powder. It's exotic, refined, dandy, an unusual take on manliness, plus it smells so gorgeous and clean. By the way I took it with me last summer in Sardinia, Italy, and it worked surprisingly well (perhaps the weather was not humid, though).
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | NICHE & VTG | Shiseido Basala, Boadicea Invigorating, SMN Tabacco Toscano, Signoricci, YSL M7 (AS), Gucci Envy for Men (AS), Ungaro II...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

I find it to be one of the best designer scents in production.

Yes. one of my all time favorites. And as fragrances go these days, incredibly well priced!

The EDP is a beautiful, lush and magnificent scent. Very masculine in this metrosexual age and thus probably harkens to another day when men were men, hence why some say its old fashioned?

Really great scent that deserves a sniff at the very least.

when it came out had a boozy/liquorish/ baroque quality to it, last bottle I purchased two years ago seemed to have been toned down quite a bit!
    Was on the same wavelenght of Versailles by Desprez (another gone gem)!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

Just loving its luxurious spiciness- very smooth and not overly sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Francolino View Post
    when it came out had a boozy/liquorish/ baroque quality to it, last bottle I purchased two years ago seemed to have been toned down quite a bit!
    Was on the same wavelenght of Versailles by Desprez (another gone gem)!
    Interesting to see you mention that. Bal a Versailles by Jean Desprez, while targeted to women, is definitely a unisex fragrance. Jaipur does seem to share a similar set of notes with it: Patchouli, jasmine, benzoin, and rose. Jaipur delivers a hefty dose of cinnamon but it's well tamed by the other notes (I usually can't stand cinnamon as a leading note) while BaV doesn't contain it. And of course, BaV has a solid dose of civet that is absent in Jaipur. But the civet note is equally well tamed by other notes as cinnamon is in Jaipur. Good thing about BaV is that because of its targeting to women, most men won't even consider it and this leaves quite a bit of inventory floating about.

4 of 5 stars in my book. There are 150 reviews on this one... I know I haven't changed my opinion on it and I'm glad I once-upon-a-time acted on the suggestions of others and got my nose on it.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Going to pull the trigger on a bottle of the EDP a little later tonight.

Overcome By Fumes

Versailles is NOT Bal Ó Versailles, two completely different fragrances.

I quite like it. Not much to add descriptively to what is above. Might have considered it my signature scent for a few days until I lost faith in such a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    In my top 10 masculine fragrances ever. Pure golden powder. It's exotic, refined, dandy, an unusual take on manliness, plus it smells so gorgeous and clean. By the way I took it with me last summer in Sardinia, Italy, and it worked surprisingly well (perhaps the weather was not humid, though).
    This description most closely matches my impression of Ja´pur. I would also add that its smells very formal but at the same time its sillage is quite relaxing and therapeutic. Its a huge favorite of mine.

A very well made classic. I owned it many years ago and sure I will again someday. Both concentrations are lovely but I prefer the EDP.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I came this ----><------ close to a blind buy of Jaipur. All the notes appealed to me, so many rave reviews, plus the bottle is beautiful.

...but I happened to check the fragrance counter at Dillard's during a rare trip to the mall and to my suprise, they carried it. I sprayed some on and it smelled like Play-doh mixed with spice on me. My partner and I were meeting a group of members of his church for couples night and literally no one liked it on me. I learned the meaning of the term 'scrubber' that night. I have to admit though, that I could have been a bit heavy handed with the trigger because after I washed most of it off, what was left was somewhat appealing to me...and it lasted, over 24 hours after I scrubbed most of it off.

So now I'm torn. I might ask Santa for a bottle next year as I don't want to give up on it.
    Smell my finger.

I've really been looking into this one a lot lately as well. Although I wanna keep my blind buying to a minimum if possible. I see a lot of people say it's powdery, and I am not a big fan of powdery fragrances, so I have my reservations about this one.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    I find it to be one of the best designer scents in production.
    This.

Gorgeous scent, one of my favs

Thumbs up Re: Boucheron Jaipur por homme

I am wearing the EdP today. Great Annick Menardo creation
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

have the EDP....love it....one of my favorite orientals....heavenly spicy vanilla....

Default Re: Boucheron Jaipur Homme

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Versailles is NOT Bal Ó Versailles, two completely different fragrances.

I quite like it. Not much to add descriptively to what is above. Might have considered it my signature scent for a few days until I lost faith in such a concept.
    You're right, my mistake. I didn't realize that there's a Versailles Pour Homme by Jean Desprez.

Jaipur Homme can be cloying. And I honestly don't think anyone can really pull it off in the humid hot climate of Florida, unless it's a chilly winter evening. I sampled it again recently from my bottle (I admit I don't wear it often, just enjoy it as a bedtime fragrance now and then) and the initial spray can be hard to take. One definitely needs to let this dry down to fully enjoy.

Has it been reformulated at an earlier point in time and is it currently at risk for being reformulated? I wish there was a "Reformulation Risk" thread that identifies those fragrances nearing a mandatory reformulation point. Yeah, need another excuse to buy "one more bottle."

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    A fancy, overwhelming oriental powder bomb. Smells old fashioned and excessively formal, in my opinion.

I wanted to like this a lot. I bought the EDT and EDP at the same time based on countless positive reviews. I can not wear either. It's so powdery and dandyish and I feel ridiculous when I have it on.

That's my honest opinion of Jaipur. Wish I had something better to say about it.
    Great post. I don't own Jaipur but I've sampled it, and this nails it for me. It's almost as if this one tries too hard. Definitely something excessive about it.

Have both EDP and EDT and Love them...

Blind bought a bottle last night of the EDP. The comparisons to Opium have got me excited.

So the OP speaks of the EDT, but mostly everyone speaks of the EDP.. is the EDT bad or something? Are they comparable? I know older fragrances that were in EDT and EDP concentrations were very similar to each other, with the EDP just being stronger, in terms of older fragrances (as opposed to now where the EDP's tend to be completely different from the EDT -- probably just a marketing ploy). Anyways, so is the EDT bad? Because the EDT prices are MUCH cheaper. I could get a bottle for 20 shipped.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

IMO the EDT is not bad but the EDP is much richer, smoother with better longevity and projection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Blind bought a bottle last night of the EDP. The comparisons to Opium have got me excited.
    You won't get the anise type of note you get in Opium PH, but I can see how one might compare them if that is omitted.

Basenotes Plus

My unused sample of Jaipur has been taunting me from the dresser. I'm going wear it to work tomorrow. I think it'll be a love or hate because of the powder.

Personally I prefer the EDT version!
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | NICHE & VTG | Shiseido Basala, Boadicea Invigorating, SMN Tabacco Toscano, Signoricci, YSL M7 (AS), Gucci Envy for Men (AS), Ungaro II...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

The EDT lasts longer on my skin as compared to the EDP. Weird.

The EDP and EDT aren't very dissimilar. The EDT opens with a brighter note, whereas the EDP is a little and darker and spicier. The rest of the drydown is almost identical in notes, sillage and longevity. And it lasts and lasts.

I had the EDT a few years ago and now have the EDP, and can honestly say that they are my absolute fave fragrances. Love them to death.

So do I. And among the top 5 ever.

I've got like 20 bottles of this at home because my dad used to work at YSL.
    Shame I don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by VGuillaume View Post
    I've got like 20 bottles of this at home because my dad used to work at YSL.
    Shame I don't like it
    Er, its Boucheron not YSL
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Er, its Boucheron not YSL
    Yeah my bad, wasn't attentive. He had to go to boutiques and try to sell fragrances (ysl, boucheron, van cleef & arpels etc.)
    We have a lot of M7 - YSL / jaipure pour homme - boucheron here but I really don't care for those kind of fragrances. M7 smells medicinal to me and jaipur smells old.