Code of Conduct
Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,160 of 5973
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Whats some of the latest fragrances that make women bend over?

I had to do a double take when I first read the subject line and hoped that the person who had posted it meant something completely different than its apparent meaning. If not, I suspect that even the best scent could not cover such a repugnant attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The scent of a grammatically correct sentence, along with the proper usage of commas and apostrophes, smells excellent to most women.
    I have to concur; as a woman, I find a well-spoken man attractive regardless of his fragrance...assuming that he is washed and reasonably well groomed. That said, I always find Jicky appealing. The two that currently make me want to bury my face in my husbands neck are Il Profumo's Patchouli Noir and Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, which I loved so much that I followed a man on the streets of Copenhagen to find out what he was wearing, because it was absolutely captivating, Tonka Imperiale! I immediately called Guerlain and ordered a bottle to share with my husband.

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I'm relatively new to wearing cologne, and I've never been complimented on my cologne. But today I received multiple compliments for Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

Dior Homme

I got many compliments from coworker on Guerlain L'Instant.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

I don't own the cologne anymore, but I was always complimented on Kenneth Cole Black. Ladies always loved that one, even though I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindphlux View Post
    I don't own the cologne anymore, but I was always complimented on Kenneth Cole Black. Ladies always loved that one, even though I didn't.
    Me too. However, I actually love how black smells. So it's win-win for me
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

candies for men, risque elite, and platinum egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    Me too. However, I actually love how black smells. So it's win-win for me
    Don't get me wrong- it is a decent fragrance but i knew several other guys who used it and I strive to wear stuff that nobody else has or in most cases, has even heard of. Black is good everyday scent.

Yeah, that's a good point. I actually only know of one other person that I have ever smelled Black on. I seem to hardly ever come in contact with Kenneth Cole around here. Good for me, because I like a lot from that maker.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert View Post
    Dior Homme
    wore this on Friday to work and got some compliments.
    On a different note, my daughter told me I stunk today as I was wearing Bond No9 New Harleem, but I think she was in one of her moods because she still cuddled of to me at the movies just an hour later. She also told my wife she does not look good with long hair which is completely the opposite. I'll never figure them out.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Recently purchased a mini of Hearts and Daggers. Wasn't impressed with it at all at work (reminds me a lot of Dirty English), but after getting hot and heavy on a date Fri night, it did the trick! Just needed sweat and body heat. My date kept telling me how good I smelled and noted her 21 yr old friend wanted a bottle for herself...liked the frag that much!

Azzaro Homme, Tsar, Dior Homme, Fleur du Male do the trick!

My updated five most complimented colognes are

Allure Sport
    Bulgari Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme
    Rochas Man
    Geir

It may be considered played-out at this point, but nothing gets me more compliments than L'eau D'Issey. The last one was particularly flattering...a female friend of mine, in conversation with one of her friends, stopped mid-sentence, turned around, and said to me "Wow Mike, you smell nice!"

In the day got a LOT of compliments on Polo Sport and some on Aqua di gio

But in the not so distant past I received compliments on , Dirty English, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, GIT, Sugar Lychee

I have some more fragrances but didn't have wear them around people a lot yet.

Got a compliment from my neighbor and my wife on Bmen. I cannot believe my wife could even name the fragrance when she took a sniff of it, and that was about 5hrs after I first put it on.

Actually, this is the fragrance that brought me to basenotes and sent me on a shopping spree. I only owned about 7 fragrances at the time and in a matter of a few months I went head over hills. I doubt that I will ever finish one bottle completely.

Allure homme sport is getting some fair share my way

Cerruti Pour Homme lately. Really has very good sillage and longevity. Got a compliment by a young female coworker today. This scent is definitely very underrated, not only on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Cerruti Pour Homme lately. Really has very good sillage and longevity. Got a compliment by a young female coworker today. This scent is definitely very underrated, not only on this site.
    While I was in Europe this past holiday season, I came across this scent and of the many scents I smelt, this was one of the few to leave a lasting impression. A very good, fresh scent that is like a modern version of cool water. Its an aquatic that is more fresh and than aqua. If I hadn't just purchased Herrera Aqua (another fragrance that isn't truly aquatic [read fresh oriental]), I would definitely be looking into this fragrance more. Good post!

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

I get the most male/female compliments on:
    Tom Ford Private Blend Japon Noir
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Bond No.9 Bleeker Street
    Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    lol , Le Male is a nice frag, a lot of ladies like the bottle and presentation. It is very well made, good quality.
    That was designed by then-24 year old Francis Kurkdjian - and i came on this thread to mention that i've been complimented by a few coworkers on his latest "Aqua Universalis" from his own FK line. Much more pricey than Le Male, as the 2.4 oz is $140, but it's a sweet, light and crisp linen type scent that has a iris and powdery musk drydown with a kiss of orange blossom (to my nose at least). It's non-offensive and smells like fresh white laundry airing out on a clothes line with a slight breeze near an orange grove.

I just read what i wrote. lmao. What the hell is wrong with me?!

I've been receiveing quite positive comments for Davidoff Cool Water Frozen.

I purchased Xerjoff Nio, along with Mefisto and Fior d'Ulivo last week. Having worn Nio a few times now, which is an amazing citrus/atomatic woody scent (most sites list it as men's, but it is definitely unisex), I've had more compliments over the last couple of days, than I have ever had with any other fragrances. Monday night the landlady at my local pub wanted to know what I was wearing, a woman when I walked past said to her friend "He smells nice", my cousin also wanted to know what it was and yesterday when I was on the bus coming back from town, I heard an elderly woman in front of me say to what must have been her husband "He smells nice behind us", so a big thumbs up to NIO and Xerjoff

Joop Nightflight recently got a few nice compliments

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    While I was in Europe this past holiday season, I came across this scent and of the many scents I smelt, this was one of the few to leave a lasting impression. A very good, fresh scent that is like a modern version of cool water. Its an aquatic that is more fresh and than aqua. If I hadn't just purchased Herrera Aqua (another fragrance that isn't truly aquatic [read fresh oriental]), I would definitely be looking into this fragrance more. Good post!
    Herra Aqua is very nice, but not an aquatic at all, someone made a mistake with naming this fragrance Aqua.

P.S. Tnx

Default Re: whats a good frag to impress girls

Hello all. I've only been into fragrances since about last summer (since dropping Adidas/Lynx etc.) and I have been reading the forums since around about last September.
    My compliments usually come from the 15 - 20 age range, but there are some exceptions.
    In order of amount:
    Cool Water - Had about 10. Said to be fruity and fresh. One time I wore it to my mates 18th where it was absolutely boiling. (About 120 people in a small pub hall.) I soon found girls crowding around me and realised from the deep inhales that they were trying to cool down with the smell of the Cool Water. My 19 year old sister loves this one.
    CK One - Had about 4 (including my mum.) This one tends to stay quite close to the skin so it's only really noticed when I'm being hugged. The one girl in my school who has become my smell tester always want to sniff at my new ones said she absolutely loved it and sat next to me for the period. My mum also loves this one.
    Only the Brave - A couple. Wore it to a gig last October and a group of sweaty girls took a couple of deep breaths before following me for a bit.
    Gucci Envy - Not had a prime opportunity to wear this one outside yet but i tried it out the day I got it (sprayed twice on the neck and once on each wrist.) My mum loves the top notes and the dry down but took a deep inhale of my neck and started coughing. I think I'll lose the sprays to the neck and have one on my chest next time. Potent Stuff.
    I also am not near enough mature for any niche frags yet. But hopefully in time...
    Owned (In order of acquirement.) : CKIN2U; 6/10, Diesel Only the Brave; 7/10, CK One; 7.5/10, (CK Crave; 4/10, CK Contradiction; 5/10 (Never again...)), Davidoff Cool Water; 8/10, Lacoste Essential; 7.5/10, Gucci Envy; 9/10
    On The Way : YSL Body Kouros
    Wish List : Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche, Azzaro Chrome.
    Open To : Recommendations of samples.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsFate View Post
    Hello all. I've only been into fragrances since about last summer (since dropping Adidas/Lynx etc.) and I have been reading the forums since around about last September.
    My compliments usually come from the 15 - 20 age range, but there are some exceptions.
    In order of amount:
    Cool Water - Had about 10. Said to be fruity and fresh. One time I wore it to my mates 18th where it was absolutely boiling. (About 120 people in a small pub hall.) I soon found girls crowding around me and realised from the deep inhales that they were trying to cool down with the smell of the Cool Water. My 19 year old sister loves this one.
    CK One - Had about 4 (including my mum.) This one tends to stay quite close to the skin so it's only really noticed when I'm being hugged. The one girl in my school who has become my smell tester always want to sniff at my new ones said she absolutely loved it and sat next to me for the period. My mum also loves this one.
    Only the Brave - A couple. Wore it to a gig last October and a group of sweaty girls took a couple of deep breaths before following me for a bit.
    Gucci Envy - Not had a prime opportunity to wear this one outside yet but i tried it out the day I got it (sprayed twice on the neck and once on each wrist.) My mum loves the top notes and the dry down but took a deep inhale of my neck and started coughing. I think I'll lose the sprays to the neck and have one on my chest next time. Potent Stuff.
    I also am not near enough mature for any niche frags yet. But hopefully in time...
    We'd be glad for you to become a prominent member here

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    We'd be glad for you to become a prominent member here
    Thank you very much

I hear Body Kouros is a real compliment grabber and it's coming in the post soon. I'll update when I see results :P.
    Owned (In order of acquirement.) : CKIN2U; 6/10, Diesel Only the Brave; 7/10, CK One; 7.5/10, (CK Crave; 4/10, CK Contradiction; 5/10 (Never again...)), Davidoff Cool Water; 8/10, Lacoste Essential; 7.5/10, Gucci Envy; 9/10

Blog Entries

WARNING: im still in high school so dont immediately go "EWWW THOSE SUCK!" or whatever hahaha

A+F Fierce is my power house fragrance. i get endless compliments all day wearing it. ive had people literally bury their face on my wrist wearing this stuff

Hollister Jake/Pacsun Vurt (black) are tied for second. girls LOVE those two. not as much as fierce but still pretty well

heres a curve ball: John Varvatos Classic. i havent worn this enough but i think if i did it'd be tied for first. whenever i wear it its the same reactions as fierce, just from different people

and fourth is actually Le Male. i recently bought this and have been wearing it around. so far ive had very good results, just not the WOAAAAH WHAT ARE YOU WEARING!? i suppose its cause alot of girls i know wear vanilla scented stuff. one of my friends actually said "i like it, its just really sweet and vanilla-y which is definitely different on a guy"

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    WARNING: im still in high school so dont immediately go "EWWW THOSE SUCK!" or whatever hahaha

A+F Fierce is my power house fragrance. i get endless compliments all day wearing it. ive had people literally bury their face on my wrist wearing this stuff

Hollister Jake/Pacsun Vurt (black) are tied for second. girls LOVE those two. not as much as fierce but still pretty well

heres a curve ball: John Varvatos Classic. i havent worn this enough but i think if i did it'd be tied for first. whenever i wear it its the same reactions as fierce, just from different people

and fourth is actually Le Male. i recently bought this and have been wearing it around. so far ive had very good results, just not the WOAAAAH WHAT ARE YOU WEARING!? i suppose its cause alot of girls i know wear vanilla scented stuff. one of my friends actually said "i like it, its just really sweet and vanilla-y which is definitely different on a guy"
    I, too am still in high school and I like to think a young female is still a female.
    I wish I could get a hold of A&F Fierce as since it's unheard of over here, it'd get the same attention but not be on any other guy in the school. Yet, this is the exact reason I can't get it as I'd have to ship from abroad, which usually costs a lot in the P&P area.

On topic, I think my mum is borderline on drinking Lacoste Essential, she suddenly likes it so much. I think it's because I put a couple extra sprays on as it's really hard to notice.

More guys- especially young guys- should check out L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. I get a lot of good feedback wearing it from women.

It's not super pricey, but it is sort of tough to find.

It is a much more subtle scent than many, and more sophisticated, so it is frustrating to wear compared to say Rochas Man or A*Men. But it's a killer if they get in close.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 1st May 2010 at 06:18 PM.

as of now:

1. Fuel for Life
    2. Chrome tied with Fuel for Life summer edition
    3. everything else

It seems girls (atleast my age, in high school) favor fresh and clean scents rather than overtly powerful and heavy ones.

Thank you very much

I hear Body Kouros is a real compliment grabber and it's coming in the post soon. I'll update when I see results :P.
    Do try it for it is a classic! Some scents you might not like, but it doesn't matter because they are classics and a must try!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I got complimented on Fahrenheit Absolute today
    ... it's my second compliment in that scent!

For what it's worth, last night I overdosed on Rose 31 and a friend of mine who's a girl grabbed me and said, "OMG you smell sooo good. It's almost as good as what your friend Mark was wearing last night." Naturally, I asked my friend Mark what he was wearing, and it turned out to be French Lover, which I gave to him the week before in a decant.

Now... does this mean French Lover smells better than Rose 31, and therefore gets more compliments? I don't think so. I prefer Rose 31. But the girl who complimented my friend likes French Lover better.

Why does she like French Lover more? I donno. But in the end, it's all subjective. You could technically wear GIT (since it's the #1 most complimented fragrance statistically according to this thread) and it would probably get the most compliments overall because it's almost universally adored by everyone.... BUT you might find that GIT isn't the best smelling fragrance to your significant other, or that girl or guy you want to seduce (it might as well be something from the dollar store). So the lesson and realization here is that what makes one person hot and horny might equally turn someone else off. I know one girl who swoons when she smells Le Male, and another one that wants to puke when she smells it.

So what does this all mean? Well it's been said before, and I'll say it again: It means that you should wear what you want, when you want, and wear with it confidence. This obviously takes a little bit of coordination in terms of what suits you, and what kind of vibe you want to convey, but what I'm trying to say is that the overall compliments don't mean anything, as it's the individual compliments (and negative comments) that matter. In fact, you might as well not even worry about compliments, and just focus on wearing something that just feels good (or cool, or mysterious, or confident, etc), thus making you more attractive indirectly. I'm a strong believer that you should wear the fragrance that says who you are, or at least something about who you want to be. Fragrance, after all, is that extra little something that subconsciously says "Hi, this is me."

Cartier Declaration and Burberry London got me compliments this weekend

Dior Homme
    Allure Homme Sport EDT
    Platinum Egoiste
    Bvlgari Aqva

from my wife....tha fragance?......Soul by Curve

I wish I could get a hold of A&F Fierce as since it's unheard of over here, it'd get the same attention but not be on any other guy in the school. Yet, this is the exact reason I can't get it as I'd have to ship from abroad, which usually costs a lot in the P&P area.
    There's an Abercrombie Store in London. Give them a call to see if they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I got complimented on Fahrenheit Absolute today
    ... it's my second compliment in that scent!
    doesn't surprise me for it so unique, dark and mystical

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    There's an Abercrombie Store in London. Give them a call to see if they have it.
    They do.

Today a girl stuck her nose in my neck, took a deep breath and said "You smell so good". I was wearing Eau Fraiche. The first compliment brought by this fragrance.
    But the most compliments getter is A*Men. Very good stuff

Went out to a party on a nice Autumn/Winter Sydney night.

One colleague brought her sister. Both hot.

We decided to change bars after and as I was walking in front thinking where we should go, my colleague grabbed my left arm, cuddled me and said 'You smell so good'. Before I can even say thanks, her sister grabs my right arm, buries her nose on my neck and said 'I thought I was the only one' I put my arms around them and next thing I know is I have these girls breathing warmly behind my neck and the other tracing the scent on my white shirt.

One full spray on each chest, and Half spray each behind the ears.

It turned out to be a 'very interesting' night indeed.

It was Dior Homme

Allure homme sport & Dior homme

I'm going down to London for a fortnight in summer. I think I'll be making a trip to the A&F there.

La Nuit De L'Homme is quickly becoming one of my top complimented fragrances.

As everyone should or already knows, fragrances smell different on your skin so you can't go by what smells good on others. For example, Bvlgari Aqva smells great on others but, turns sour on me and I've never once received compliments on it.

So currently my top compliments fragrances for these lasts months were..

La Nuit De L'Homme
    A*Men Sunessence
    Fire Island
    Rochas Man
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

My top list of Colognes that get me Compliments from women are
    1. Chic for Men By Carolina Herrera
    2. M7 By YSL
    3. Burberry London By Burberry
    4. One Million By Paco Rabanne [Very Common Now]
    5. Bvlgari BLV...

silver mountain water, vetiver, and acier alumium by Creed

ALL TIME (for me personally) I have received the MOSt COMPLIMENTS on... 1. Creed Original Vetiver 2. Creed Green Irish Tweed 3. Polo EXPLORER (i was surprised, but it does smell great ON ME). On a different subject.. I tried some Santa Maria Novella fragrances this week. Got some good responses, but they seem to be more feminine. There is another fragrance I wore today that is absolutely FANTASTIC. It is called MAGNOLIA ROMANIA Eau D'Italie le Sirenuse Positano _Italia. They sent me a sample of it in with the SMN fragrances. It is also unisex, but I am going to by my favorite lady a bottle for sure. It smells like a fantastic fragrance for women. It is the best "feminine" type unisex fragrance I believe I have EVER SMELLED. Check it out if you can. Good stuff! Out of the SMN fragrances, I liked "Ginestra" the best so far. it smells a lot like Creed Green Valley, minus the heavy layer of mint. It is some pretty good juice. Got most compliments out of this "trial" week out of MAGNOLIA ROMANIA by far.

I have this aftershave I had for christmas last year and still have a bit left!. i was called unexpectedly today for a meeting so decided it would be a good idea to wear this aftershave as I was meeting a few people for the first time. The aftershave was a Hugo Boss, I hope it helped me make a good impression! .

Quote Originally Posted by Igorbg View Post
    Joop Nightflight recently got a few nice compliments
    I've been getting an overwhelming amount of attention from wearing Nightflight. Now I'm almost afraid to wear it! LOL

I've wanted to try out Nightflight for awhile! Mainly because of the description and name

I'm a sucker for those kinds of things
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 10th May 2010 at 10:45 PM.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Royal Root beer by Creed lol

iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

YSL Live Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    I've been getting an overwhelming amount of attention from wearing Nightflight. Now I'm almost afraid to wear it! LOL
    hahahah, Nightflight rocks indeed. Has great longevity but after 4 hours it becomes only close to skin scent, but in first 3 or 4 hours it has a great projection.

I think it would be good to mention your age also.

Quote Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrialSmoothing View Post
    I think it would be good to mention your age also.
    I have to give you props on your moniker - big Seinfeld fan here.

30 years old, Kouros and Santal Noble are my top compliment getters

L'ombre Dans L'eau by Diptyque from both men and women.

I wasn't expecting it and was totally surprised, but I received tons of compliments today with Mugler Cologne.

With a collection of about 20+ bottles, finally got my first compliment from a stranger with Dior Homme Intense