Code of Conduct
Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,640 of 5945

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    How many sprays?
    4. Wrists, under shirt and neck
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I'm very new to fragrances and my starting motivation was something close to this subject. Try to see the big picture. Fragrances merely add (or subtract) from your image. There are many answers since nobody is after the same goal.

If you are trying to impress a perfumista, you might have to spend much time learning. If the goal is to attract women from lower echelons of society, or younger ones, or the majority that has no clue about scents, then anything decent goes, including the dreaded ADG and CW that aren't held in high esteem here.

Fragrances are like clothing, demeanor, social status, physical appearance. Just part of something much larger, which is style. Fashion passes and style remains, never forget that.

My current plan is to find 3 signature scents that cover all possible situations. One casual, one romantic/fun, one formal. I do confess I did it the worst way possible, blind purchases, but I trust my taste and abstraction. So in one spree I bought Roadster, Le Male and Antaeus. The big bottles even. Fortunately, they aren't bad at all, specially from the point of view of people who usually think scents are to be used on "special occasions" only. Still, I only clicked with Roadster and so the search goes on.

Also, let's face the truth, most men are after younger, pretty girls. Therefore, dated, oldish, too strong, controversial scents aren't the way to go, no matter how much Luca Turin and basenoters praise them.
    However, the same can be said of popular scents that can't be worn everywhere. Grasp this, Joop isn't an office scent. Nor Le Male. Nor A*men. You are only hurting yourself; I certainly wouldn't want to have bosses/customers smelling me with such scents on.
    Unless, of course, it's something you really love. But then wear it at home.

Another hint to get more women is to avoid acting like the troll above.

Short version: supposing most men want younger girls, scents which carry at least hints of freshness and sweetness is the way to go. Nothing too dated, too strong, or with controversial notes.

PS: I've merely started reading the niche vs designer thread and I've already got a gut feeling that marine and sweet accords are NOT in any way inferior to spicy, woody accords. It's just an artificial moat dug by some people to feel better with their "superior" taste. So trust your nose, wear what you enjoy.
    Last edited by ZeCheiroso; 30th October 2010 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeCheiroso View Post
    ....PS: I've merely started reading the niche vs designer thread and I've already got a gut feeling that marine and sweet accords are NOT in any way inferior to spicy, woody accords. It's just an artificial moat dug by some people to feel better with their "superior" taste. So trust your nose, wear what you enjoy.
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmarkk View Post
    Thank you, kingpin.

Anyway, I've also heard a lot of great things about Musc Ravageur. How're people finding it?
    While I'm vastly simplifying the scent (it's very nice and pretty sexy), open up a container of Nestle's Quick Milk Chocolate drink mix and sniff the powder. Imagine a warm cinnamon roll sitting next to the Nestle's and you can also smell it wafting up to your nose. That's MR. Liked by many. Not a favorite, but all of this stuff is subjective. I can appreciate why many like it.

Yet another "what smells so good?" as I was waiting in line at Target. I was wearing..... 1 spray of Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    While I'm vastly simplifying the scent (it's very nice and pretty sexy), open up a container of Nestle's Quick Milk Chocolate drink mix and sniff the powder. Imagine a warm cinnamon roll sitting next to the Nestle's and you can also smell it wafting up to your nose. That's MR. Liked by many. Not a favorite, but all of this stuff is subjective. I can appreciate why many like it.

Yet another "what smells so good?" as I was waiting in line at Target. I was wearing..... 1 spray of Aventus.
    I've found that when people discuss MR, they tend to laud the "Ravageur" but discount the "Musc." There is definitely a musk accord there that should not be taken lightly, because it very much defines the scent until drydown. Drydown smells like chocolate and cinnamon. But for most of the life of the scent, there is a faint-but-clearly-present musky accord that sticks with you and follows you around. The opening notes are almost urea; I wouldn't wear this out ten minutes after spraying it on. I really like the musc, in the end. It's what makes the frag sexy. But to describe MR as a chocolaty gourmand is to overlook an essential component of the scent; the casual BN reader would think it similar to Rochas or L'Instant, when in reality, it's a very, very different scent.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

At an adult Halloween party last night, I received several compliments from women in their early to mid twenties while wearing Givenchy Play Intense.

Another for body kouros!

Man, I don't know if its my chemistry or what, but Polo Black shines on my skin! I can't keep the compliments off me. I know Ralph Lauren has made some pretty crappy fragrances, but I really can't knock this one too much. From the bottle, it does smell thin and nearly sharp in its cheap woodiness, but once it hits my skin its pure bliss: fruity, lightly spicy, and powdered woods that give it a creamy feel. On top of that, I can get 10 hours of longevity with plenty of sillage on only 3 sprays! What more can one ask for??

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    Man, I don't know if its my chemistry or what, but Polo Black shines on my skin! I can't keep the compliments off me. I know Ralph Lauren has made some pretty crappy fragrances, but I really can't knock this one too much. From the bottle, it does smell thin and nearly sharp in its cheap woodiness, but once it hits my skin its pure bliss: fruity, lightly spicy, and powdered woods that give it a creamy feel. On top of that, I can get 10 hours of longevity with plenty of sillage on only 3 sprays! What more can one ask for??
    Yeah, Polo black doesn't exactly have the highest rep - especially on here. but it sure does work for me too. Good for Fall too. You've inspired me to wear it today!

got another compliment on La Nuit today. prolly my second most complimented fragrance after Le male

Bernini Classic (Black Bottle) is such a warm, spicy and sexy fragrance that women can't resist it on me.
    I remember one of the first times i wore it back in the 80's, a model friend of mine gave me a hug and whispered "You smell delicious" in my ear. She made a believer out of me. I always come back to Bernini classic. For those of you that never got a chance to experience this lost classic, imagine the warmth and richness of Antaeus, but with less patchouli and more sensuous notes. Excellent Sillage and longevity and a beautiful drydown. Truly exquisite!

I've been getting compliments wearing Pure Malt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmarkk View Post
    Thank you, kingpin.

Anyway, I've also heard a lot of great things about Musc Ravageur. How're people finding it?
    I actually received this just yesterday in the mail from Barney's. I'm generally not a fan of blind buys, but last week I had the cash, impulsively said "why not" based off the reviews here and on other sites (which seem to be somewhat controversial, but generally extremely positive), and made the order.

I love it. Prior to receiving it, I was slightly worried that it might have a slightly dated vibe to it (I'm 24), but I found that once it dries down, it really doesn't IMO. Straight from the bottle it smells somewhat medicinal but still faintly sweet. Patience. There's something in there that reminds me exactly of the smell of...Carmex lip balm. I assume its the clove? Whatever the case, its not a "winner" to me for the first 45-1hr.

Patience.

Then it becomes this kinda indescribable milky vanilla and cinnamon scent. But its muted. You may be thinking about something along the lines of Givenchy Pi mixed with some cocoa-like scent, but its not. Its both pronounced and faint. A skin scent with projection, if you will.

I don't get the "animalic" quality that people keep referring to...it actually seems kinda...cool. Not too much, not too little. I'm not one to over-spray, though. I generally only wear 2-3 sprays of anything, and anything strong, just one or two spritzes. MR is of the latter category. BUT its not as "heavy" as some reviewers would have you believe, at least to me. Again, take this from somebody who is super anal about not spraying "too much." It really isn't THAT powerful if you're light on the trigger. I kept reading, "don't wear this out at any other time than at night." So I was ready for that. But after trying it, it doesn't seem to have a solely night-time "overly sensual" vibe on my skin. Maybe it's just my chemistry. But I actually wore it to work today, go figure.

I can honestly say, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Haven't been around enough people yet to tell you about the compliment factor, as I just received it yesterday, but I will let you know when they come, and I'm all but sure they will be. It smells too damn good. Sheesh, now I sound like one of those reviewers whose reviews I was reading prior, lol. They got me. This may very well be my signature for the fall/winter. That or Aventus.

Sorry for the book I just wrote. But as for my top compliment getters in no particular order:

Creed Aventus (chicks eyes seem to glaze over)
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Creed Millesime Imperiale
    La Nuit de L'Homme
    Agua de Loewe
    L'Instant de Guerlain (EDT and EDP)
    Pure Malt
    Burberry London Special Edition
    Banana Republic Black Walnut
    Dior Homme Cologne
    Bleecker Street
    Riverside Drive
    Creed Erolfa
    Burberry Touch
    Terre d'Hermes

I probably listed too many, but oh well. Btw, Jonny19, I'm about 5 years older than you, but I shared the same enthusiasm as you when I first started my addiction to fragrances (I just didn't post), and I judged the fragrances I liked best (as you've said you do on a past post of yours that I read) mostly by what I was complimented on frequently by women. All this to say, I think we have similar tastes, although I grew out of my JPG after using up my first bottle. But man, was it good while it lasted. Even in two year's time though, watch how your interests change. You won't want to smell AS "commercial" as other guys, whether you like the scent or not. It may be saying a lot, but based off of the things you say, what fragrances you like and your continual boosts off of compliments, I think I'm the 24-yr old equivalent to you. So check out some of my (very few) posts. I'm a lurker here and have been since 07.
    I smell better than you.

I haven't been around in a while but I must say, I get compliments on pretty much everything in my collection. The only good thing about the weather getting colder is I get to wear my "heavier" stuff.

I'm sure I've said it before, but the most complimented scent I have is Armani Code.

Recently, I've gotten compliments on a wide range of fragrances such as L'Air du Desert Marocain, Lucky You, Collonia Assoluta, and Artisan.

On a side note, I recently found a bottle of Davidoff Cool Water Summer Fizz about a week before I went on vacation to the Carribean. It was in Marshall's and was only $15 I believe, so even though I checked reviews on my phone and it wasn't too well liked because of longevity issues, I "needed" something light for the vacation.

Well, I like the citrus opening, and it gets to the drydown within about 10-15 minutes, and the drydown smells a lot closer to GIT than even the original Cool Water. To my know, the original is only "similar" to GIT but as a much more sharp, synthetic feeling. This one is just a little bit smoother, perhaps because there is ZERO sillage on the drydown, it's basically a skin scent that smells like GIT - which my wife LOVES.

And I love that she loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolCharm View Post
    I've been getting compliments wearing Pure Malt.
    When I first read this, I thought it said "I've been getting complaints wearing Pure Malt"

Heh.
    Measure twice. Cut once.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    When I first read this, I thought it said "I've been getting complaints wearing Pure Malt"

Heh.
    Women love Pure Malt. They come closer to smell more.

Lady at the grocery store told me that shes never smelled a better cologne in her life. she asked what it was because she wanted to get it for her husband

Angel Men

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    Lady at the grocery store told me that shes never smelled a better cologne in her life. she asked what it was because she wanted to get it for her husband

Angel Men
    If the garbage note doesn't get them, the tar note will
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

A*Men Pure Coffee worked very well while I was in Vancouver. I got a compliment from an old lady and I was sitting about 1 meter away from her. She said "You smell really good."
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Hi, new here and this seems as good a place as any to start.

Fragrances currently getting me compliments include:
    - Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDP
    - Kristiansand New York
    - Creed Aventus
    - Christian Dior Ambre Nuit
    - Creed Virgin Island Water
    - D&G By Man
    - Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    -Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir

Unfortunately, all compliments are either from my wife, or women I am too scared to get too close to for fear of the wife!

I was at department store looking through a rack of clothes. A lady in her 30's comes behind me and says "Don't mind me, I am just going to sit here a minute and smell your cologne". The fragrance in discussion, Le Labo Rose 31. This happened about 8hrs after application. It took me by surprised and I just laughed and said thanks. Maybe, I should have said something else.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

hung out with a lady tonight. half way into our conversation she stopped me and shes like "sorry but i just have to say this. YOU SMELL SOO GOOD!"

La Nuit de L'hommmmmmme

This week:

Opium Edt by Yves Saint Laurent
    Egoiste
    Opium pour Homme

got four compliments on Black Aoudh last night.

hung out with a lady tonight. half way into our conversation she stopped me and shes like "sorry but i just have to say this. YOU SMELL SOO GOOD!"

La Nuit de L'hommmmmmme
    How many sprays do you use for that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    How many sprays do you use for that one?
    even though it has great sillage and longevity i go five sprays. two on the kneck, one on the chest under my shirt, one of each forarm or wrist

holy shit. im wearing my first actually wearing of musc ravgeur. holy shit. this stuff is ridiculously amazing. i have a girl coming over too. this is heaven right now.

holy shit. im wearing my first actually wearing of musc ravgeur. holy shit. this stuff is ridiculously amazing. i have a girl coming over too. this is heaven right now.

EDIT:

bad news. this fragrance lead to a sexual experience i wasnt very fond off. hopefully i wont associate tonight with this fragrance anymore.

anyone have any ways to get this out of my head??? llol

EDIT:

bad news. this fragrance lead to a sexual experience i wasnt very fond off. hopefully i wont associate tonight with this fragrance anymore.

That's a tough one. If you have more juice, there will be plenty of opportunities for good experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    That's a tough one. If you have more juice, there will be plenty of opportunities for good experiences.
    well , u see captcrunch..im a guy with good morals. just because of girl is extremely attractive doesnt mean ill sleep with her, especially within 5 minutes of the date. i know..it sounds weird..most men wouldnt complain. but idk. just one of those nights.

even though it has great sillage and longevity i go five sprays. two on the kneck, one on the chest under my shirt, one of each forarm or wrist
    People usually complain on La Nuits longevity and sillage, but I never had problems, I can see you neither have such problems. The juice is quite potent indeed. Have you tried EDP? I like EDP but don't think it's worth owning if you have EDT

well , u see captcrunch..im a guy with good morals. just because of girl is extremely attractive doesnt mean ill sleep with her, especially within 5 minutes of the date. i know..it sounds weird..most men wouldnt complain. but idk. just one of those nights.
    sounds like the musc rav worked

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    If the garbage note doesn't get them, the tar note will
    I was on the escalator to the gym today and this woman in front of me smells like A*Men somehow lighter and cool then I saw her turned around later, wow sexy goddess! She glides ............ lol.

I have had good memories with body kouros, M7 & Cool Water but I recently found something called Musk koblai khan on eBay for a few bucks & what a blind buy. I was astonished to see how beautifully it works with my body chemistry & my girl loves it too !!
    My two cents !!

Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    I have had good memories with body kouros, M7 & Cool Water but I recently found something called Musk koblai khan on eBay for a few bucks & what a blind buy. I was astonished to see how beautifully it works with my body chemistry & my girl loves it too !!
    My two cents !!
    muscs khublai khan is a niche frag by serge lutens that shouldn't be just a few bucks, its worth a few hundred if i recall 0_O i did notice though that it sort of bore a resemblance to jovan musk so be weary

I know about the original muscs koublai khan , the one that I bought is a damn good knock off of the original & available for few bucks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    I know about the original muscs koublai khan , the one that I bought is a damn good knock off of the original & available for few bucks as well.
    You mean an actual fake or just a cheaper clone with a different name? Where to get it?

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Duro by Nasomatto, Jubilation XXV by Amouage (I could easily put Epic too and Versilia Vintage by Profumi del forte (the white one aka ambra. damn, dats the hit).

But wearing CDGs Odeur 71 and #2 make them go "hey,who are you?" kinda thing

If I smell this on somebody else, I would not tell the difference between the original & the the one I have. You can look for it on ebay, it was there few weeks back. Hope this helps.

ive worn A*Men to school 4 times. Every single time i have worn it to school i get ATLEAST 1 compliment. Great consistency

WILLIAM'S SPORT

Every time I wear it I get laid.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by sneakersitch View Post
    Duro by Nasomatto, Jubilation XXV by Amouage (I could easily put Epic too and Versilia Vintage by Profumi del forte (the white one aka ambra. damn, dats the hit).

But wearing CDGs Odeur 71 and #2 make them go "hey,who are you?" kinda thing
    This, in part, inspired me to test Jubilation XXV. I've been wearing it since this morning, and have gotten very very little sillage all the way through. I'd imagine a girl would have to have her nose already nuzzled in my neck to even know I was wearing this.

Most compliments:

From Clients- Td'H Parfum
    My Wife- Td'H Parfum, A Taste of Heaven, Cooper Square
    Strippers- TF Musk Pure, DK Men Unleaded

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    My Wife- Td'H Parfum, A Taste of Heaven, Cooper Square
    Strippers- TF Musk Pure, DK Men Unleaded
    hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by electrorock View Post
    WILLIAM'S SPORT

Every time I wear it I get laid.

Regards
    That's quite a batting avg. lol

Really?? XXV usually stays for couple of days, I presume its the chemistry thing, but still all the Amouages are long-lasting and good silage fragrances. Btw, you could also try Epic (and this is REALLY Epic, by all means and Duro by Nasomatto. Duro will do the thing, I can tell you! And pretty similar to Amouage XXV is Comme des Garcons, Sequoia (the red series) since the ingenious Bertrand Duchaufour did both of them
    Good luck!

Hmm, how many sprays did it take for you to get that longevity? I gave each wrist a full spray, but perhaps I should have used much (much?) more?

hm. I think not too much, actually. Are you sure you got the right one? I mean, both XXV and Epic stay on my skin (especially on the clothes) for about 5-6 hrs (on clothes even longer...the same experience I have with Versilia vintage by Profumi del forte).
    If you have any chance, do try Epic too.
    e.p.i.c.

Really getting lots of compliments lately on Givenchy Play Intense. Took it with my on a trip to see my vendors in Miami last week and everyone who came up to hug on me seemed to love it.

Even better, the wife finally noticed it tonight and keeps nuzzling my neck and loves it. Says it makes her think of hot cocoa. The first couple of times I wore it she had allergy problems and couldn't smell anything.

I think I've found my fall / winter scent. And to think I almost got rid of it after spraying it on a card and hating it (replacement on an eBay store purchase gone wrong).
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

yeah im starting to like Givenchy Play intense a little more too. I had some problems with it at first because it reminded me too much of Axe Dark Temptation, but im noticing it is more then that

Quote Originally Posted by jzzbassman View Post
    Really getting lots of compliments lately on Givenchy Play Intense. Took it with my on a trip to see my vendors in Miami last week and everyone who came up to hug on me seemed to love it.

Even better, the wife finally noticed it tonight and keeps nuzzling my neck and loves it. Says it makes her think of hot cocoa. The first couple of times I wore it she had allergy problems and couldn't smell anything.

I think I've found my fall / winter scent. And to think I almost got rid of it after spraying it on a card and hating it (replacement on an eBay store purchase gone wrong).
    It reminds me of Pure Malt. Great scent, and the only reason I have not stockpiled multiple boxes of PM.

Hee hee, and without getting too crude I can say that Play Intense may have just been the catalyst in getting the mojo working in our 15 year marriage. Wifey couldn't keep her hands to herself tonight.

G'night all! I'm off to dreamland.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

I really like Play Intense as well but it gives me headaches after while. I can say that about a half dozen frags I've tried so far, something in the dry down just makes me nauseous and headachy. I have my Play Intense up for trade right now even though I like it.

Edit: I took out my Play Intense and gave a spray to a piece of paper. For about 15 mins it was good then my head started to hurt and it was just sitting next to me on the table. So I took it and threw it away and I could still smell it in the can 15 feet away giving me a headache. So I flushed it to get rid of it. I can still smell it! It still lives!!! It won't die!!!

It smells good, I wish I could wear it without getting a headache.
    Last edited by Pipsta; 11th November 2010 at 08:50 PM.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I got The One Gentleman last night and wound up going out for a couple beers. Put on TOG and had it on for maybe two hours. A friend came over to me and gave me a hug. She said, 'wow, you smell really good!'. Gave me another big hug and put her nose into my neck was like 'mmmmmmmmmm'.

It doesn't have alot of projection to have someone 5-10 feet away notice it but in my immediate airspace it was very noticeable. I can also still kind of smell it on me almost 12 hours later and this after sleeping with it on. So it seems to be better on longevity than the original but it is a softer scent than it.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Hugo Boss man(?)
    Hugo boss energise
    Al rehab Silver
    Mrs timberlake Tobbaco Vanille
    all got me compliments this week

Wore New Haarlem today. Girl next to me said something smelled like a thanksgiving candle. I told her I didn't know what a thanksgiving candle smelled like and looked at her like she was weird.

Maybe I should have played that a little better

Come on baby, light my fire!

Thumbs up Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by gruffydd3 View Post
    This may surprise some people, but I get the most female compliments on wearing New Tabarome. Having said that, I really wear scents mostly for my own enjoyment.
    Rick
    I agree with the latter part of this quote, I wear fragrance for my own enjoyment, it is a bonus when someone else does notice...positively of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    Wore New Haarlem today. Girl next to me said something smelled like a thanksgiving candle. I told her I didn't know what a thanksgiving candle smelled like and looked at her like she was weird.

Maybe I should have played that a little better
    If you liked her you could have said smthn like: ˝then I'll burn for you˝

EDIT:

Musc Ravageur is one of the most offensive scents I have smelled. It smells like spoiled rotten eggnog with a full bottle of vanilla thrown in to try and cover up the stink. The vanilla is nauseating. If I smelled this on another person, I would think that person was trying to cover the stink of an open necrotic abscessing wound by spreading spoiled vanilla cake icing on top of the wound. In my opinion, Musc Ravageur is one of the worst scents ever made. Frederic Malle should be charged a pollution tax for selling MR.