Code of Conduct
Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,480 of 5718
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by alexjustdoit View Post
    Just to be off topic for a second, don't you think that thats a bit dangerous with an ex?
    Haha as long as you are single nothing is dangerous hahaha but we are on generally good terms.

If you don't mind me asking, what age group are you? I'm 20 I find almost anything garners compliments well if you just play it off well enough. Pure Malt last saturday was on fire though that really is a ridiculously good fragrance. You have to understand that to the average person almost all cologne will smell "good" enough to compliment on. Getting compliments tends to just revolve around your body language and comfort with the fragrance. The only time a fragrance will struggle to get compliments is if it reminds the person of bad experiences/people or they just really detest a single note in it.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

double post woops

armani pour homme
    vetiver extraordinaire (frederic malle)
    esencia by loewe
    acqua di parma colonia intensa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nzyellowkid View Post
    Haha as long as you are single nothing is dangerous hahaha but we are on generally good terms.

If you don't mind me asking, what age group are you? I'm 20 I find almost anything garners compliments well if you just play it off well enough. Pure Malt last saturday was on fire though that really is a ridiculously good fragrance. You have to understand that to the average person almost all cologne will smell "good" enough to compliment on. Getting compliments tends to just revolve around your body language and comfort with the fragrance. The only time a fragrance will struggle to get compliments is if it reminds the person of bad experiences/people or they just really detest a single note in it.

I agree with this statement whole-heartedly. If I've noticed anything over the last 2 months (and I've gotten a ton of compliments...maybe like 25 or something) it's that just about any fragrance is compliment-able. If you think it smells nice, there is certainly someone else in the world who will agree with you. And if you wear something identifiable, then you've just quadrupled your probability of being complimented. I think the most important variable is actually application: wear too much and you'll rub people the wrong way; wear just enough and in the right place and you'll be a compliment deflecting machine! I'm a lot less heavy on the trigger nowadays as a result....
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

Lancôme Hypnôse
    Lanvin Avant Garde
    Zegna Intenso
    Dior Homme Intense
    Thierry Mugler Taste of Fragrance
    Prada Amber Intense Pour Homme

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Post Thanks / Like

The new lady in my life has let me know (repeatedly, with gusto) that A*Men Pure Havane is her favorite. She also loves Chergui, A*Men, Ormonde Man, M7, Allure Homme Sport, Dior Homme, DH Sport, and, surprisingly, Encre Noire
    Last edited by vbs; 3rd October 2011 at 09:45 PM.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

Post Thanks / Like

La Nuit De L'homme without a doubt. I dont think its the best in my collection to me but definitely the most complimented along with Le Male and Chanel Allure tied for 2nd place.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Post Thanks / Like

Actually just got a compliment from someone I didn't know today. It was Cool Water, interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Platinum Egoiste today!

Post Thanks / Like

I usually get my compliment here and there at least 4 out 7 days a week. However, today was the perfect storm. I had just gotten to work and was turning my computer on when a female co-worker walked into my office and said "Dang, it smells good in here" I told her thanks and walked to Lab area where 4 other coworkers were standing and went crazy on complimenting my scent of the day. Later today, I walked accross to the street to eat lunch with my wife and as soon as I got there four of her coworkers commented on how good I smelled. That's almost all the women I came in contact with today. I never imagine to have that kind of affect today. You must wonder what could cause such chaos. It's actually a little concoction I made up today but seems to work better than they do separately and they are great fragrances LE LABO ROSE 31 AND BLACK AOUD BY MONTALE. I smelled the aoud on me but the Rose seemed to project more as they were saying it was something amazing floral with something dark beneath.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Got a compliment from a female co worker today wearing Creed MI 6 hours after application. It was no longer perceptable to my nose.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked it for 15 minutes to feminine for me I would wear it to bed smells like a body spray lol

studnet loans

Post Thanks / Like

I've been getting a plethora of compliments from Aventus, YSL L'Homme and CK Euphoria Intense.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a few days ago I popped into my bank to deposit some money. I approached the very pretty female teller, told her I was making a deposit and removed the cash from my wallet and placed it in the window tray. Next thing, her coworker passes by and comments on the lovely smell. She then says to me "your money smells good". I ask her what does it smell like and at that same time her coworker steps over and they both agree "incense". Then I rem that the previous night I had left the cash notes next to my bottles of Ormonde Jayne Man and Isfarkand. When I came home I sniffed the surface of my dressing table and the lovely spicy smell of OJ man still lingered on and was really classy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    Just a few days ago I popped into my bank to deposit some money. I approached the very pretty female teller, told her I was making a deposit and removed the cash from my wallet and placed it in the window tray. Next thing, her coworker passes by and comments on the lovely smell. She then says to me "your money smells good". I ask her what does it smell like and at that same time her coworker steps over and they both agree "incense". Then I rem that the previous night I had left the cash notes next to my bottles of Ormonde Jayne Man and Isfarkand. When I came home I sniffed the surface of my dressing table and the lovely spicy smell of OJ man still lingered on and was really classy.
    Certainly better than my money smells. Given the state of the US economy, I've taken to soaking all of my bills in kerosene

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    So girls love the smell of money you say? Nothing new there, mate...

Quote Originally Posted by mrhviid View Post
    so girls love the smell of money you say? Nothing new there, mate...
    lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Ole Ben Franklin never smelt so good in Ormonde Jayne Man...

Got a compliment for my Nautica Voyage, well not exactly but I'd take it. This girl who was my lab partner, I am in college, thought I wore Hollister cologne, I was a bit mad at first comparing the Nautica to that clothes store, but then I figured hey, someone can at-least smell the scent. Usually with this scent, not many would take heed to it, as it is pretty subtle, I am happy, she said I smelled preppy and such, I didn't mind. And she wasn't, I give you that.
    Gucci PH, DKNY Men, DKNY Be Delicious, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Burberry London, Burberry Brit, Nautica Voyage, Nautica Classic, Nautica Blue, Adidas Victory League

Got a nice compliment from the lady serving lunch at my college today. I had put on about 6-7 sprays of Aventus in the morning, but I can never smell it on me, and I have an apparently 'weak batch.' In fact, throughout the day I only kept smelling traces of Tobacco Vanille from the night before! When she asked what it was, I told her Aventus, but now I'm starting to wonder what she was actually smelling...

Quote Originally Posted by smogster123 View Post
    Got a nice compliment from the lady serving lunch at my college today. I had put on about 6-7 sprays of Aventus in the morning, but I can never smell it on me, and I have an apparently 'weak batch.' In fact, throughout the day I only kept smelling traces of Tobacco Vanille from the night before! When she asked what it was, I told her Aventus, but now I'm starting to wonder what she was actually smelling...
    Don't you shower or change clothes

Is Aventus still the latest trend here? haven't checked in a while. I'm thinking of selling my 2.5 oz (supposedly good batch). I wore it a few times but it's not really clicking with me.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Don't you shower or change clothes

Is Aventus still the latest trend here? haven't checked in a while. I'm thinking of selling my 2.5 oz (supposedly good batch). I wore it a few times but it's not really clicking with me.
    That's the point! I had showered and changed clothes but could still smell the TV on my wrists!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smogster123 View Post
    That's the point! I had showered and changed clothes but could still smell the TV on my wrists!!!
    Not surprised by this, my guess is she smelled the aventus though, It has the same effect on me as well. Can't smell anything and people are like wow what is that???? As far as Tobacco Vanille that stuff has nuclear sillage and Longevity but since you showered the sillage from the scent was dead..

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I started wearing Santal by Fragonard daily about three weeks ago (I thought I'd give it a go as an inexpensive Autumn daily scent), and I'm not exaggerating when I say I've received compliments on it from almost every single person I've spoken to since then, male and female. I've even had random people on the train to work and in cafes and restaurants asking me to write the name down for them. A very positive result!

Otherwise, of the many, many fragrances I've used over the years, I've received the most compliments on Original Vetiver by Creed, Tam Dao by Diptyque (which I think has superficial similarities to the Santal), L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme, and Synthesized Musk by Main + Goetz.

I think part of the appeal of these fragrances is that they're all a little bit unusual in some way (to the untrained nose anyway), and they're also reasonably rarely encountered by the layperson. They stick out a mile from all the generics the people around me are wearing, and of course it helps that they mostly have pretty good sillage.

I suppose selecting a fragrance to get you noticed (especially by the ladies) is a bit like selecting clothes for that purpose, or even a car; copy everyone else and you'll be a nobody, but go your own way, with confidence and style, and you'll really make an impression.

Oh, also... I recently doused myself in Allure Edition Blanche by Chanel while browsing a department store, and received three compliments within as many hours (first from the female friend I met afterwards, then from a waitress in the sushi restaurant where we had lunch, then from my flatmate when I got home). I would buy a bottle based on that result alone, however I think it smells a little too much like a cheaper version of my beloved Creed Original Vetiver, so I'm going to give it a miss!

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Newb here, been buying decants of a bunch of the well-reviewed and higher-end stuff. By far, the one that women have been commenting on the most is Aventus. Next is Terre D'Hermes.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my haircut today and got complimented. The woman cutting my hair asked what cologne I was wearing, and I was like "Oh no... am I wearing too much?!" She said no, and that it was really really good and wanted me to write the name of the cologne down for her. Strange, normally I don't get compliments...

Hypnose by Lancome

I would say "abercrombie & Fitch - fierce"

Post Thanks / Like

Wore L'Anonyme ou op today and got 3 female compliments and 1 from a male. I've been starting to really love this particular fragrance

Post Thanks / Like

Considering that all niche fragrances that I have, I acquired in last 2 months, it's obviously something that I won long time. That is Fierce from A&F. That's my most complimented scent but I have it for 3 years. That is gonna change soon.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Post Thanks / Like

YSL La Nuit De l'homme really gets some attention, I have to admit.

Versace Dreamer last night! So far this fall, Versace Dreamer has been my most worn fragrance. After 5 minutes of application, this fragrance is just GOLD!

I just got back from Iraq so some of the guys I deployed with wanted to go to the strip club. As we were sitting there with two girls they both commented that someone smelled really good and started sniffing around to see who it was. Long story short, I was wearing Creed's Silver Mountain Water which they both commented that they really liked.

Now I wonder what I will catch more flak for: 1) Talking about going to a strip club on BN or 2) Wearing a $200 scent to a strip club, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew11is22 View Post
    Hanae Mori is the scent I get the most male and female compliments.

EDP or EDT

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    YSL La Nuit De l'homme really gets some attention, I have to admit.
    Agreed. My top compliment getters in recent times are ...

- YSL La Nuit De l'homme
    - Victoria Secret Very Sexy
    - Pure Malt
    - Green Irish Tweed

Post Thanks / Like

I seriously dont get how silver mountain water gets so many compliments. To me is smells like sweat. Its seriously one of the WORST ive EVER smelled. Now I know everyones nose is different but on most frags that most praise I can at least see where others would find it apealing. But Im not seeing it with SMW

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well its the green tea note I guess. Smells metallic to most ppl.
    To me SMW smells like fragrant sweet blackcurrant green tea. Very unique.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a CVS pharmacy check-out counter with my 11-year old son on Friday night. The clerk said:

"I don't know what you're wearing, but it smells really good." She looked to be around 25 or so.

I said "thanks".

She replied "And that's a real compliment too, because I'm pregnant and just about everything I smell makes me really sick".

I said "It's called Creed Aventus".

"Well, it smells really good".

I also got a compliment on Marc Jacobs BANG in Church on Sunday AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I was at a CVS pharmacy check-out counter with my 11-year old son on Friday night. The clerk said:

"I don't know what you're wearing, but it smells really good." She looked to be around 25 or so.

I said "thanks".

She replied "And that's a real compliment too, because I'm pregnant and just about everything I smell makes me really sick".

I said "It's called Creed Aventus".

"Well, it smells really good".

I also got a compliment on Marc Jacobs BANG in Church on Sunday AM.
    Another one from aventus! Def love this stuff! Just curious are you able to smell it on yourself for a long time? Some of us basenoters experience olfactory fatigue with this particular fragrance...where you can't detect it but others can...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Another one from aventus! Def love this stuff! Just curious are you able to smell it on yourself for a long time? Some of us basenoters experience olfactory fatigue with this particular fragrance...where you can't detect it but others can...
    Yes, but it's never really strong. I got one of the great batches (A01 or something) right off the bat about a year ago (8/10). About 3 sprays lasted me 9 hours that day, and then I put one more spray on my chest before heading out that night. Wife loves it too, and it is growing on me over time. The compliments help!

I'll guess a4210e01, even if that's not the batch the strength of aventus from last year is unmatched IMO compared to the most recent batches. I currently have A42b11N01 and it's probably the closest thing to the batches of last year. I get great longevity and lots of compliments...

Was told by a girl that I smelt like a "cigar shop", she went on to say it smelt terrific and unique. It was Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille...

Creed MI - No surprise there..
    Dior Homme Intense - Ladies Love it what can I say?
    L'Humaniste by Frapin - Got some most of the discriptive compliments
    Musc Ravageur - Compliments after the 1 hour mark
    La Nuit - Compliments everytime im out

But...the most complimented thats in my arsenal.....

Amouage Reflection Man...I dont know if they put pheremones in here, or whatever, but everytime I wear it, I already know what my day is gonna be like, compliments from strangers, co workers, stripers, friends mom's, even family members that hate fragrance...this gets attention and a lot of it..and im not complaining at all

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

aw man the other night I was at a bar and this girl came up and was like OMG i can't believe you smell so good and i'm like OMG i know right and she's like OMG what are you wearing and I was like OMG wouldn't you like to know and she was like OMG just tell me and I was like OMG how about a dance first and she was like OMG okay and then we like made out.

La Nuit L'Homme.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to were a perfume called Sana'a by Al-Rehab.... its very cheap but wow did I get compliments. I was almost attacked by one girl due to it!! I really want to get the fragrance again but I cant find it anywhere.

Dior homme intense gets compliments as well though but I have never seen anything compared to Sana'a !!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been testing the sillage of a different fragrance every day on some of my colleagues at the office. So far, the women's favorites are Guerlain Vetiver, Dior Homme, and Amouage Memoir Man.

out of all my scents the ONLY compliments i have ever received were from Aventus, 1 Million and Allure Homme Sport.

When i was checking in at the airport, the 2 cute air hostesses that were behind the counter serving me started whispering to each other then they turned round and asked me "please tell us what fragrance your wearing its beautiful"........ It was Allure Homme Sport. They even got me to write it down LOL. Allure Homme Sport seems to gain the most compliments even with males asking what it is as well. Aventus comes in at close second though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post

Rivertown Road Pour Homme

This is a fairly new scent for me, but I keep getting compliments from women and men alike. Just yesterday at the grocery store a woman stopped me in the dairy aisle wondering what my cologne was.

I jotted a blog post about my little search for a great cologne scent if you like to read blog postings about cologne Read My Scent Blog Posting Here
    Great blog. Thank you for the information. I will definitely be checking these out after Christmas. I'm presently getting some Le labo exclusives to try, Poivre, Musc, Aldehyde and Baie Rose. Then I have committed to a friend to split some Mecca Balsam and another from that line. Only then, will I be able to send for some samples from this house. I'm intrigued by the one you mentioned, the musc, and Vanilleville. Have you tried any of these others?
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Most recent complimented fragrances happen to be my most preffered ones:
    Lancome Miracle
    Cacharel Nemo
    Davidoff Zino
    D&G Light Blue
    Azzaro Visit
    Shiseido Basala
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

Aventus was just ridiculous for me last weekend. I went out with a few friends to a club, I had at least 12 compliments, including two girls who nuzzled into my neck, and two of my guy friends recalling how good I smelled when I was hanging out with them a few days after.

I'm happy I love this fragrance too
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Post Thanks / Like

Just felt like I needed to add my most complimented fragrance.

Tom Ford Black Orchid

Every time I wear this one out, I've been told You smell "Delicious", "Yummy", or "Amazing"

Even though technically it's a woman's perfume, this was on the Men's section at Nordstrom so I was surprised.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Aventus was just ridiculous for me last weekend. I went out with a few friends to a club, I had at least 12 compliments, including two girls who nuzzled into my neck, and two of my guy friends recalling how good I smelled when I was hanging out with them a few days after.

I'm happy I love this fragrance too
    What batch number is your Aventus?

One that gets me compliments every time I wear is Chanel Allure Homme Sport & secondly followed by La Nuit De L'Homme.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since i only have 2 frags,Hugo and cool water im gonna go with cool water,male and female compliments ;3

Quote Originally Posted by nalgreen05 View Post
    What batch number is your Aventus?
    The guy who sold it to me told me it was A32***01?

But I think its actually C42B11N01. It was from tim coons, or thesnooc12's decant. Its quite good, but that A32* sample I had is stronger, so exceptionally strong. If A32 was a 10/10, this is a 9.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Great blog. Thank you for the information. I will definitely be checking these out after Christmas. I'm presently getting some Le labo exclusives to try, Poivre, Musc, Aldehyde and Baie Rose. Then I have committed to a friend to split some Mecca Balsam and another from that line. Only then, will I be able to send for some samples from this house. I'm intrigued by the one you mentioned, the musc, and Vanilleville. Have you tried any of these others?
    Thank you for the compliments to my blog posting "On My Cologne Quest Had To Stop & Ask For Directions" I enjoyed writing it.

And, Yes, I have tried Liz Zorn's Transcendental Musc Pour Homme. It is a very clear white musc. For me- I prefer just a bit more pop. I have yet to sample the Vanilleville. I just ordered a lot more samples though from her. Am curious to try out Underworld and Green Oakmoss. I will have to sample Vanilleville too on my next order with her.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Checker, how did you get your join date set to 1970?! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...the compliment I got the other day was so weird. A woman paused & stopped me while shopping & said I smell good, she grabbed my arm & brought me closer to her & she was like "wow, this is amazing...you smell like play-doh, I luv the smell of play-doh"...she smelled my neck for a few minutes while I explained what I was wearing & yep, all she got was play-doh, she loved it!! I was wearing Thierry Mugler Pure Havane...weird...

Attractive woman in her forties started on a conversation at the Starbucks coffee counter where you mix the milk and sugar. "Excuse me, you smell amazing, what is that?". Encre Noire.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Saks yesterday, and sprayed on some Bond Harrods Amber. I then continued shopping in the rest of the mall, and had SAs at two different stores compliment me. One said "You smell AMAZING!" and the other "What are you wearing? It smells wonderful.".

Got a few great comments on Creed MI last night. One girl told me I smelt "delicious. MI behaves a lot like aventus on my skin, I can't detect it but people can many hours after Ive sprayed it. It's a mystery with some of the Creeds I own.

Aventus is easily my most complimented fragrance. People who've NEVER complimented me on my other fragrances have complimented me on Aventus. And I swear more women flirt and talk to me when I wear Aventus. I don't know if its Aventus or some placebo effect but that stuff works very well for me.