Code of Conduct
Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,080 of 6079

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I tried this morning my new bottle of Creed Silver Mountain Water.

I wasn't expecting any comments.

But, 4-5 hours after I sprayed mylsef (2 sprays to the chest after my morning shower) I got a compliment from a female coworker. She says : "Is it you who smell that good ?" I said "Yes" and then she said : "It doesn't smell like perfume, it smells fresh and natural"

I think Silver Mountain Water could be a good compliment getter. May be not as good as Aventus does for me, but I think it will become my summer signature fragrance.

Tristan Lavoie
    Marié, infidèle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

I tried this morning my new bottle of Creed Silver Mountain Water.

I wasn't expecting any comments.

But, 4-5 hours after I sprayed mylsef (2 sprays to the chest after my morning shower) I got a compliment from a female coworker. She says : "Is it you who smell that good ?" I said "Yes" and then she said : "It doesn't smell like perfume, it smells fresh and natural"

I think Silver Mountain Water could be a good compliment getter. May be not as good as Aventus does for me, but I think it will become my summer signature fragrance.

Tristan Lavoie
    Marié, infidèle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

Another one for Aventus today. Well, not just one but 2. First, a random girl was waiting near me at the cashier and she said "excuse-me, can you tell me what are you wearing? It smell very delicious". In my head I was like "hmm, you are a girl so you don't need to know the name unless its for your boyfriend and HELL NO I'm not going to reveal my addictive secret smell". So I said "thanks thats called my little secret". Then, at work, I got a comment from a GUY and this guy was the kind of guy that is very shy and he never complimented me for all the frag I wore while working with him for over 6 years. he said I was smelling sooo good and kinda "addictive".

For over 6-7 years I tried sooo many frag, and I never got many compliments. Just a "you smell good" 2 or 3 times. But with aventus, it seems that the people are really going crazy, boys and girls.

Aventus is a Masterpiece, whether you agree or not!

So did the shy guy get to find out what it was called?

Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    So did the shy guy get to find out what it was called?
    Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    Hell no!
    Ah c'mon, give a shy guy a break.

I feel bad for the shy guy not being told what you were wearing. Maybe he would be less shy and come out of his shell if he started wearing Aventus...

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

Another one for Aventus today. Well, not just one but 2. First, a random girl was waiting near me at the cashier and she said "excuse-me, can you tell me what are you wearing? It smell very delicious". In my head I was like "hmm, you are a girl so you don't need to know the name unless its for your boyfriend and HELL NO I'm not going to reveal my addictive secret smell". So I said "thanks thats called my little secret". Then, at work, I got a comment from a GUY and this guy was the kind of guy that is very shy and he never complimented me for all the frag I wore while working with him for over 6 years. he said I was smelling sooo good and kinda "addictive".

For over 6-7 years I tried sooo many frag, and I never got many compliments. Just a "you smell good" 2 or 3 times. But with aventus, it seems that the people are really going crazy, boys and girls.

Ooooh, I feel like I'm part of some secret society that gets to know the real name of the good smells. You are so naughty, not giving out the name. I like that!
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I feel bad for the shy guy not being told what you were wearing. Maybe he would be less shy and come out of his shell if he started wearing Aventus...
    Ohhh... poor man. If he really need a cologne to be less shy and come out of his shell, its not a cologne that he need but a psychologist to work on him.

Not telling what you are wearing is a good way to stay authentic and mysterious. People think you smell good, they a quite intrigued to know what it is but since they don't know what it is its like a "signature-mysterious" from you.

Here is an example about how I see the fragrance world. My aunt make a very good strawberry cake. Its his little secret and mysteries. We asked many times the recipe and she never told us. At first I was like "ohhh common, its just a cake. I want to make some like this its sooo good" but now I saw it in another way. Its what make a signature-secret to her. Like each time we have family parties (christmas, easter, new eve..) she bring some of her cake and all the people are "yayyy! Here is the fabulous cake from mimi! Only her can make this so good cake". If she had given us the recipe it would not be like this. Everyone would came with the cake and it would just be a simple cake. But now, its MIMI'S CAKE!!

^ This +1

Dependent

Ohhh... poor man. If he really need a cologne to be less shy and come out of his shell, its not a cologne that he need but a psychologist to work on him.

Not telling what you are wearing is a good way to stay authentic and mysterious. People think you smell good, they a quite intrigued to know what it is but since they don't know what it is its like a "signature-mysterious" from you.

Here is an example about how I see the fragrance world. My aunt make a very good strawberry cake. Its his little secret and mysteries. We asked many times the recipe and she never told us. At first I was like "ohhh common, its just a cake. I want to make some like this its sooo good" but now I saw it in another way. Its what make a signature-secret to her. Like each time we have family parties (christmas, easter, new eve..) she bring some of her cake and all the people are "yayyy! Here is the fabulous cake from mimi! Only her can make this so good cake". If she had given us the recipe it would not be like this. Everyone would came with the cake and it would just be a simple cake. But now, its MIMI'S CAKE!!
    I like your example. Makes perfect sense! From now on I might start keeping it a secret too hahaha!!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I hope I'm not the only guy secure enough with himself to ask another dude what cologne he's wearing. It's no big deal in my opinion.

I've asked a friend about his cologne before, I guess I'm just fearless

This thread should rename to "Aventus is the scent gets you the most female compliments!!!" [х]
    Last edited by Aromabar; 9th March 2012 at 08:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    I hope I'm not the only guy secure enough with himself to ask another dude what cologne he's wearing. It's no big deal in my opinion.
    Even more secure is just complimenting it without asking for a name
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Quote Originally Posted by RiveGaucheInstead View Post
    Yep, definitely do that too!

My girlfriend wouldn't stop smelling my neck yesterday. The culprit............Tom Ford Noir de Noir.

I wish Aventus got me those kinds of compliments. One girl told me it reminded her of elementary school...
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I wish Aventus got me those kinds of compliments. One girl told me it reminded her of elementary school...
    A 12-yr old girl told me that my cologne (I was wearing Aventus) reminded her of her father, who I assumed is just a little older than I am. "Your Dad must smell pretty good." I said, hoping he doesn't wear an Axe. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by RiveGaucheInstead View Post
    I was in the locker room in the gym the other day and one of the tennis pros came in and said to me "I don't know what you did but it sure smells good in here." I was wearing Knize Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Aromabar View Post
    This thread should rename to "Aventus is the scent gets you the most female compliments!!!" [х]
    Yeah it looks like it. I wore a sample of it a few times. Received no compliments. I didn't like it anyway so I'm okay with it.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Last Friday a young lady in my office stopped me as I walked by and said "Oh my God! What is that cologne you're wearing?" I told her it was called Kouros.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanzy View Post
    Last Friday a young lady in my office stopped me as I walked by and said "Oh my God! What is that cologne you're wearing?" I told her it was called Kouros.
    I wonder why they chose the name Kouros?

Based on the Greek architecture style bottle, I can only guess it was named after Kourosh aka Cyrus the Great, but not sure why they'd bother with that or why they'd choose the Persian name.

For over 6-7 years I tried sooo many frag, and I never got many compliments. Just a "you smell good" 2 or 3 times. But with aventus, it seems that the people are really going crazy, boys and girl

It sure is, I have almost 100 bottles in my collection and Aventus is one of my most complimented fragrances ever. It can have deceptive longevity though. Sometimes I can't smell it on me a half hour after I put it on, yet I have gotten comments many hours after application..

Maybe it's just you, Dawg.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by alexandermller82 View Post
    I've noticed how many people here talk about the compliments they receive for wearing fragrances.
    Given the thread title i'd say you are a very observant guy!

I wonder why they chose the name Kouros?

Based on the Greek architecture style bottle, I can only guess it was named after Kourosh aka Cyrus the Great, but not sure why they'd bother with that or why they'd choose the Persian name.
    "Kouros" is ancient Greek for "boy." Art historians also use "kouros" as the name for a Greek Archaic Period type of white marble sculpture of a young nude male in a standardized pose and facial expression. I'm sure this is where the name of the fragrance came from. The bottle is obviously designed to resemble white marble. Not sure where "Kourosh" comes from but Greek and Persian are related, Indo-European languages.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    It sure is, I have almost 100 bottles in my collection and Aventus is one of my most complimented fragrances ever. It can have deceptive longevity though. Sometimes I can't smell it on me a half hour after I put it on, yet I have gotten comments many hours after application..
    Aventus don,t have any longevity issues. Its normal that you don't smell it after half hour. But it stays on you for MANY hours... The proof is, you got compliments after many hours even if you did not smell it.

Blog Entries

Psycho really loves his Aventus.
    14 sprays for 1 mL

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    "Kouros" is ancient Greek for "boy." Art historians also use "kouros" as the name for a Greek Archaic Period type of white marble sculpture of a young nude male in a standardized pose and facial expression. I'm sure this is where the name of the fragrance came from. The bottle is obviously designed to resemble white marble. Not sure where "Kourosh" comes from but Greek and Persian are related, Indo-European languages.
    Awesome explanation. Thanks.

I'll tap you for pub trivia some day so please stand by

Almost all compliments this winter have been while wearing :

- 24 Gold ( there is something about the jasmin/oud combo in this one that just seems to be irresistible )

- Dior Homme intense
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Aventus really is a projection monster. I was talking to a girl I know the other day on some stairs. She was 2 flights up and said she could smell me from up there.

I got a compliment from a girl at work on my Hanae Mori HM last night. It was like 5 hours after I put it on too.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Aventus really is a projection monster. I was talking to a girl I know the other day on some stairs. She was 2 flights up and said she could smell me from up there.

I got a compliment from a girl at work on my Hanae Mori HM last night. It was like 5 hours after I put it on too.
    HM and of course Aventus are amazing scents. Were you wearing the EDT or EDP version of HM?

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    HM and of course Aventus are amazing scents. Were you wearing the EDT or EDP version of HM?
    The EDT

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

The EDT
    The EDT has monster longevity in its own right . I find the EDP too sharp and cloying ...

Compliment today from Cartier Roadster.

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

THIS ONE!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/979...rev_prod_title

But I'm worried because despite all the female compliments I've gotten, I'm afraid it smells a bit too much like an 'old man.' scent.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Awesome explanation. Thanks.

I'll tap you for pub trivia some day so please stand by
    I've studied both ancient Greek and Greek art. Not sure the same trivia facility would apply to other subjects...

(The name "Kourosh" applied to Cyrus II "the Great" may relate to his youthfulness, Cyrus "the Boy" as opposed to his grandfather, the Persian Emperor Cyrus I. Cyrus II was in his early 40s when he died, having already conquered a great empire.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    THIS ONE!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/979...rev_prod_title

But I'm worried because despite all the female compliments I've gotten, I'm afraid it smells a bit too much like an 'old man.' scent.

Cheers,

Mario
    that just smells like money. haha
    14 sprays for 1 mL

L´Instant de Guerlain
    'Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers' (Christian Dior)

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

I'm a girl and i totally agree with SMW !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicolemarie View Post
    I'm a girl and i totally agree with SMW !!!!!
    Silver Mountain Water?

If so, I can't recall it smelling like anything

Yes Silver Mountain Water, I can definitively smell the Mandarin and bergamont, and musk. As far as Green Tea or Black Currant notes my nose still needs work...

Quote Originally Posted by nicolemarie View Post
    Yes Silver Mountain Water, I can definitively smell the Mandarin and bergamont, and musk. As far as Green Tea or Black Currant notes my nose still needs work...
    Bergamot is my favorite smell! I will check it out again. Hopefully TPC has it. But I won't lie I think bois du Portugal is my choice for life.

My second compliment in a week, which is very rare. Bleu de Chanel.

two compliments this week on different days remarking how good CC X smelt.

I had a surprising one yesterday. My girlfriend's 15 year old daughter said that I smelled nice. I was wearing Tuscan Leather!

I was at a club in Japan the other night wearing Fierce, and a girl I was talking to tells me "You smell like Abacro! I love Abacro!" (Abercrombie&Fitch is apparently too hard for them to pronounce). There are maybe 10 Abercrombie&Fitch stores in this entire country, so I was surprised that she could place it.

YSL L'Homme is #1 received many many many compliments on this over the years I've worn it.

Midnight in Paris is very impressive wore it for the first time yesterday sprayed it on a 7:00am at 3:30pm got compliments from 3 different women. The EDP is a longevity beast and it projects very very well.

YSL L'Homme is #1 received many many many compliments on this over the years I've worn it.

Midnight in Paris is very impressive wore it for the first time yesterday sprayed it on a 7:00am at 3:30pm got compliments from 3 different women. The EDP is a longevity beast and it projects very very well.

Chanel Allure Homme and Creed Original Santal is about equal. When I go out at nights and I'm rockin these while bar hoppin or clubbing I get compliments left and right. However if Chanel Allure Editon Blanche was to project half as good as the first two mention then man this would be the king of compliments.

Lutens A La Nuit - being as close to pure jasmine as I have found. After an hour on my skin, it warms down from its initial greenness and it seems to be irresistable to the ladies, something about how the oils interact with masculine scent and being a totally unexpected scent to encounter on a man.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTwist View Post
    Lutens A La Nuit - being as close to pure jasmine as I have found. After an hour on my skin, it warms down from its initial greenness and it seems to be irresistable to the ladies, something about how the oils interact with masculine scent and being a totally unexpected scent to encounter on a man.
    I like jasmine. Should try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmotron View Post
    Chanel Allure Homme and Creed Original Santal is about equal. When I go out at nights and I'm rockin these while bar hoppin or clubbing I get compliments left and right. However if Chanel Allure Editon Blanche was to project half as good as the first two mention then man this would be the king of compliments.
    IF meaning it doesnt? Or you don't know yet?

Chanel Allure homme got me a lot of compliments by women and I just sprayed it on at Macy's then went to the sports bar and wow!

Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, Most didn't realized I was wearing anything till however I hugged or got into my personal space is when they take a whiff of this and always got a positive feedback...perfect dating scent.

YSL l'homme has a very soft with some sweetness but not gormand and is very soft. Very intoxicating and women like this a lot and it's isn't very hard to wear and I can wear this anytime so thus it's my signature scent...well I got other fragrances so actually it's more of a "swiss army knife" cologne or so they call.

YSL nuit de l'homme has a few simularities of YSL l'homme but with a little more sweetness and more manly. Haven't got one bad comment on this and ladies always ask me what I'm wear but it's funny because this is a pretty popular fragrance.

These four got me about the equal amount of compliments.

That's to post with the earlier comment about with the Original Santal...they all give me equal.

I love Allure Homme but my good friend wears it so I can't get it. Sucks.

Tabarome has the best projection on me but I've never been a huge fan.

Bois du Portugal has horrible projection and sillage but smells incredible on me. Waiting to try 1903.

Not a fan of Kouros either; it's too 80s.

Acqua Di Gio... I rarelly wear it but that stuff sure sparks Pavlovian compliments on women!

On Tuesday I got a compliment on Bvlgari man "mmmmmmmm you smell soooo good!" I think bvlgari man doesn't get enough appreciation on basenotes, it is pretty good. Women seem to love it that's for sure!

Although Bvlgari man seemed to be a hit, I then sprayed some 24 Gold to show off the fragrance and it stole the show!.... I was forced to give the name and website to which I bought 24 Gold so that the person who fell in love with the fragrance could buy it. I have to admit, 24 Gold is amazing....

Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    On Tuesday I got a compliment on Bvlgari man "mmmmmmmm you smell soooo good!" I think bvlgari man doesn't get enough appreciation on basenotes, it is pretty good. Women seem to love it that's for sure!

Although Bvlgari man seemed to be a hit, I then sprayed some 24 Gold to show off the fragrance and it stole the show!.... I was forced to give the name and website to which I bought 24 Gold so that the person who fell in love with the fragrance could buy it. I have to admit, 24 Gold is amazing....

If you mean Bulgari Pour Homme then yes, I have been complimented recently on this.
    Don't know about 24 Gold but what an awful name....