Code of Conduct
Page 75 of 106 FirstFirst ... 25 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,500 of 6348

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I´ve been adding new fragrances to my collection but none seems to receive as much compliments as this underrated gem.

It´s getting very, very close to top my all-time best compliment getter, Xeryus Rouge.
    Last edited by _Enigma_; 19th July 2012 at 10:54 AM.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Chalk another one up for A*Men and GIT. I seriously am debating whether I want to wear A*Men around one particular co-worker of mine or not given she wouldn't stop talking about how really good I smelled for the first ten minutes of being there.

GIT has been great to me, Amen not so much. Outside of my wife, I have not had a cologne compliment in a while, like 4 or 5 months. No biggie, I wear them for myself and her anyway. Aventus has been my biggest compliment draw over the past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    GIT has been great to me, Amen not so much. Outside of my wife, I have not had a cologne compliment in a while, like 4 or 5 months. No biggie, I wear them for myself and her anyway. Aventus has been my biggest compliment draw over the past two years.
    I have to agree with the GIT as the ICON of attention getters. On St. Pat's Day this Past year I had a woman in a bar Physically Start hugging because I smelled so good, I'm sure there was some Alcohol involved..... On a more serious note Cologne is a small part of the Equation of Attraction. I would say in the Niche Model The 3 Top Creeds (GIT, MI and Aventus) are great compliment getters..... outside Niche Chanel-Platinum Egoiste, Paco Rabanne- 1 Million, D&G The One and Gucci Envy have all been attention getters. In the end it's your Confidence Level that women have a Sixth Sense of, so never hesitate or secong guess yourself when approaching a woman you're attracted to.

Quote Originally Posted by CUBBYG View Post
    I have to agree with the GIT as the ICON of attention getters. On St. Pat's Day this Past year I had a woman in a bar Physically Start hugging because I smelled so good, I'm sure there was some Alcohol involved..... On a more serious note Cologne is a small part of the Equation of Attraction. I would say in the Niche Model The 3 Top Creeds (GIT, MI and Aventus) are great compliment getters..... outside Niche Chanel-Platinum Egoiste, Paco Rabanne- 1 Million, D&G The One and Gucci Envy have all been attention getters. In the end it's your Confidence Level that women have a Sixth Sense of, so never hesitate or secong guess yourself when approaching a woman you're attracted to.
    You joined basenotes before the internet was invented!!?

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanCoyote View Post
    You joined basenotes before the internet was invented!!?
    ...or did the internet join HIM? HHhmmmmm? Maybe it's all his net and we're just posting on it.

...or it's a system glitch. Honestly, could be either one. Regardless, GIT's a good choice

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and... a compliment:

+1 for Gucci Pour Homme II from a lovely woman (in her early 30s? Just a guess, which probably means she's in her late 30s since I'm frigging clueless about guessing women's ages. Sorry, ladies, but you all look lovely and young to me, even when you're older than I am. I REALLY suck at guessing women's ages). Anyway... I got a nice compliment on Gph1 again today. I recently bought Aventus and I love it, but there's something about Gph I and II that I find so addictive. I just keep reaching for them in the morning.

Allured by your compliments Hobbes22, Scent Intense (as you know so well) is a perfect cult fragrance for clubbing, is really chic and mysterious, a sophisticated and smoky (ambery) suede, i use to enjoy it in the darkest down town clubs when i'm wearing dark fine garments and i'm looking for something intriguing as a sinister lady of the night. Wonderful, this fragrance helps me to seize the prey. Hold on wearing it.

i keep hearing about Chanel-Platinum Egoiste. i gotta check this stuff out

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Here is the most up-to-date tally of the thread now in spreadsheet format, featuring all of the nearly 800 fragrances mentioned in this thread and the similar thread in the female forums.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yNk5fLWc#gid=0

Some notes

-I did my best to not include discontinued fragrances. They aren't very popular to begin with and will only continue to be eclipsed by available fragrances that people are still wearing. I also intended this to be a tool to guide tests/buys, so there's not much point in including them from that standpoint.

-The ratio column is a ratio of positive reviews:total reviews compiled from Basenotes, Fragrantica, and several other sites. For Basenotes I counted neutral reviews as negative reviews (nobody wants to waste time with something that's "meh"). Fragrantica gives the average out of 5, so I converted that to a percentage and multiplied by the number of votes to get my positive reviews total for that site. Every compliment from this thread and the female thread is also counted as one positive review.

-Columns E-H are assorted notes about the fragrances that I made in my quest to determine which ones to buy testers of. Most of the information comes from Fragrantica, so please spare me your outrage if some of this doesn't match up with your opinion.

-Sheet 1 contains all fragrances with over 100 total reviews. Sheet 2 Contains the rest. I have a statistical formula on my personal spreadsheet to correct the score for small sample size, but the function it uses is not supported by Google docs, so I opted for the straight ratio instead. This means that if I put the fragrances all on the same sheet and sorted by ratio, the top would be dominated by fragrances that one or two people swear are awesome.

-I will try to keep this updated, but I don't intend to post here every time I do.
    You are the man!! Thank u

I rarely get compliments, I don't actively seek them, but I got one on Pure Malt a few months back. A very (VERY) pretty girl told me that I smelled nice. :-)

Here is the most up-to-date tally of the thread now in spreadsheet format, featuring all of the nearly 800 fragrances mentioned in this thread and the similar thread in the female forums.

Some notes

-I did my best to not include discontinued fragrances. They aren't very popular to begin with and will only continue to be eclipsed by available fragrances that people are still wearing. I also intended this to be a tool to guide tests/buys, so there's not much point in including them from that standpoint.

-The ratio column is a ratio of positive reviews:total reviews compiled from Basenotes, Fragrantica, and several other sites. For Basenotes I counted neutral reviews as negative reviews (nobody wants to waste time with something that's "meh"). Fragrantica gives the average out of 5, so I converted that to a percentage and multiplied by the number of votes to get my positive reviews total for that site. Every compliment from this thread and the female thread is also counted as one positive review.

-Columns E-H are assorted notes about the fragrances that I made in my quest to determine which ones to buy testers of. Most of the information comes from Fragrantica, so please spare me your outrage if some of this doesn't match up with your opinion.

-Sheet 1 contains all fragrances with over 100 total reviews. Sheet 2 Contains the rest. I have a statistical formula on my personal spreadsheet to correct the score for small sample size, but the function it uses is not supported by Google docs, so I opted for the straight ratio instead. This means that if I put the fragrances all on the same sheet and sorted by ratio, the top would be dominated by fragrances that one or two people swear are awesome.

-I will try to keep this updated, but I don't intend to post here every time I do.
    Vellyr, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you for this work

I really expected Pure Malt to pull in more compliments.

Secretions MAGnifiques, and Guerlain Spirituese Double Vanille. Double Vanille's bottle/BPACK aging is amazing
    –-----------–—---------__---------------------------------------------—
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 25th July 2012 at 11:39 PM.

what about ysl kouros in the ranking?

I bought recently, Davidoff cool water, applied it and went out into the street away from the entrance about 50 meters down the street, and then two young women caught up and asked, "Excuse me, how is your perfume?" it was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by _Enigma_ View Post
    I´ve been adding new fragrances to my collection but none seems to receive as much compliments as this underrated gem.

It´s getting very, very close to top my all-time best compliment getter, Xeryus Rouge.
    Totally agree with this.
    Very underrated and a compliment getter for sure.

Two compliments while on holiday:

- First was from the housekeeper of where I was staying. I had thrown the empty bottle out and I noticed that she kept it. She told me "I like to keep this in my room. It reminds me of you and the summer" (I have been going over to stay there during the summer). The winner here? My highest compliment-getter by far, Terre d' Hermes.

- Having applied some the day before, there was an after-scent on my t-shirt. I was in a very humid and muggy climate, temperature 45C (yes you read correctly!). Having taken off the t-shirt and after a 1.5hr swim in the sea, a female relative commented that "I smelt heavenly". What else other than Aventus.

My two winners for compliments are easy to pick now

Aventus & A*men

Pretty much every time I wear these I get compliments.

- - - Updated - - -

My two winners for compliments are easy to pick now

Aventus & A*men

Pretty much every time I wear these I get compliments.

I was up in the air about Terre d' Hermes and was contemplating selling it, until a girl at my friends rooftop party (that I was only introduced to earlier) came up to me later that night and sniffed my chest unannounced.

Also, New Haarlem definitely has gotten me quite a few interested sniffs while wearing it. Rarely does someone other than family actually tell me I smell good, but New Haarlem gets obvious looks of intrigue.

Just sitting in the car with a friend of mind today, whose into colognes a bit himself, exclaimed
    "Man you smell good, what cologne is that?"
    me:"Diesel, fuel for life"
    him:"If I was a girl I'd be all over you"

+1 for Gucci Pour Homme I (2003). All I can say about this one is wow.

Who smells so good here, I love it! Reaction from a female friend of mine, after she smelt me.
    I was wearing Tom Ford Black Orchid.

i would have said Green Irish Tweed but Aventus is like up to 7 compliments this year and that is a lot for me.
    -AVENTUS-

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

The usual suspects: GIT, Platinum Egoiste, Chanel Bleu

But towering above them all, without a doubt:

http://www.amazon.com/Clive-Christia...cm_cr-mr-title

"You know kid, somewhere in life ya got twisted around. It's her job to smell nice for you"

--Play it Again, Sam. (1972): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 26th July 2012 at 07:04 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    The usual suspects: GIT, Platinum Egoiste, Chanel Bleu

But towering above them all, without a doubt:

http://www.amazon.com/Clive-Christia...cm_cr-mr-title
    And the reviews for it there at Amazon are worth reading ... 8-)

Even after using the best perfumes I have realized that if I use a good Body splash of the same perfume / deo brand it works much better and last longer. Of course one gets compliments.

Tabac Aftershave has gotten me more compliments over any other fragrance I own.

Armani Aqua Di Gio
    Versace Pour Homme
    Givenchy Play Intense (Although I've heard how much cologne do you have on with only two sprays)
    Hugo Boss Bottled
    D&G Light Blue

I've had mixed reviews on YSL La Nuit de L'Homme...

every time I wear hugo by hugo boss I get a girl sniffing the air and saying ooo someone smells good! of course my girl can't resist me when I'm wearing Adg, most recent compliment from rive guache a girl said wow, and I asked wow? and she said your cologne. and I said does it smell bad did I put to much and she said no your good.

Best attention getters I have found:
    1) Creed Aventus
    2) by Kilian Straight to Heaven
    3) A*Men Pure Havane
    4) A*Men Pure Malt
    5) Bleecker Street (Bond No. 9)

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, if you are good looking, you can wear your fathers old bottle of Hai Karate and get attention. And if you're ugly... well, there really isn't any fragrance invented yet that will get you where you need to go.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

A*Men.

+1 on Aventus, earlier in the week. And I got a compliment on Tattoo this morning on my way to brunch. That cracks me up since it was $10 for 100ml at Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Of course, if you are good looking, you can wear your fathers old bottle of Hai Karate and get attention. And if you're ugly... well, there really isn't any fragrance invented yet that will get you where you need to go.
    It's true that it's easier to get attention from women if a guy is good looking, but if a guy isn't handsome, it's all about personality. Yes, personality with style to back it up... in which case, fragrance plays a part. I feel bad saying this, but, one of the least attractive guys I know is married to a gorgeous woman and it's easy to see why. He's funny and he's FUN! And it doesn't hurt that he has a good sense of style.

Basenotes Member

1-Aventus. 2-Platinum Egoiste. 3-La Nuit edp. 4-Cruel Intentions. 5-Amber Absolute (just one spray!)

The old "generic nothing special" Bleu de Chanel comes through again with "Will that be cash or credit and Mmm, you smell really good!" cashier at local store.
    PS I predict with the lists next update this juice will break into the top twenty five!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    The old "generic nothing special" Bleu de Chanel comes through again with "Will that be cash or credit and Mmm, you smell really good!" cashier at local store.
    PS I predict with the lists next update this juice will break into the top twenty five!
    Bleu de Chanel is a nice scent and I like it as well. I remember you posting here before about compliments you got wearing Bleu. It seems like you found your personal "holy grail".

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I think a good shower works miracles.

Some notes

Sorry, but ain't no way this tally is correct, particularly with L`eau D`Issey Pour Homme being the most complimented designers fragrance, which I barely see anybody mentioned on this thread, and it didn't even showed up on the previous tally on page 65. A possible Issey Miyake employee?

I got a "you smell nice" from a relative at the weekend on Colonia Essenza by Acqua di Parma. Really liking this one recently!

Black Orchid is incredible on males, got good positive feedback!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin always.

Quote Originally Posted by L8bro View Post
    1-Aventus. 2-Platinum Egoiste. 3-La Nuit edp. 4-Cruel Intentions. 5-Amber Absolute (just one spray!)
    Yes - I forgot about Cruel Intentions. That draws notice I have found.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

You want the ultimate weapon? Drakkar Noir! Voted (by a poll of female voters) as twice as sexy as Cool Water, and even votedl sexier than Acqua di Gio. Everyone has their own oppinion, but I must say I agree with the chicks on this one! Drakkar Noir just has balls...

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Sorry, but ain't no way this tally is correct, particularly with L`eau D`Issey Pour Homme being the most complimented designers fragrance, which I barely see anybody mentioned on this thread, and it didn't even showed up on the previous tally on page 65. A possible Issey Miyake employee?
    Maybe you should spend the amount of time this guy obviously did to compile this list if you think you can do a better job.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

For me, there are two fragrances that get me the most female compliments: Creed's Aventus and Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    For me, there are two fragrances that get me the most female compliments: Creed's Aventus and Dior Homme Intense
    I agree with you. The same for me. Personally I think they´re alright but they sure give me compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I think a good shower works miracles.
    It's certainly a good starting point. There's a surprisingly high proportion of the population that need tips on personal hygiene!

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Well, not that i tend to get a massive amount of female attention lol but i've been complemented on Paco Rabanne perfume Black XS before, which made me feel great cause i was about to head into a job interview!

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    I think Aventus and Bleu "smell like what a man's cologne is supposed to smell like" in the few of the general public. That is why they are well liked.

Got some Bond samples yesterday. Tried Riverside Drive today and got a compliment. Only used one spray because i was jut testing it for myself and it was about two hours earlier so it must have strong projection. Woman at work just said I smelled really nice and asked what it was.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I've only had two occasions where a woman has commented on the fragrance I was wearing that I can remember, but probably because I haven't worn cologne much lately. The two that I remember were both friends, and they both had a similar reaction. The first was Prada Amber Pour Homme, this friend of mine told me she wanted to jump me right in the store (I bought the bottle immediately), and the second was Abercrombie Fierce (it was when the frag had just been released and A&F was still relevant) this friend walked down the street, literally, hugging me just so she could keep smelling it). Again, I'm not an aficionado of fragrances, but these are the two that I remember, neither of which I wear anymore. They are both modern scents to me, and I'm finding myself going more towards classics these days.

Ambre Sultan.

it's impossible for me to go out and not receive a compliment wearing Frapin 1270.

Banned
    Blog Entries

another point for the Dreamer

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I don't want to appear to be repetitious or biased, but Aventus, by far, gets me the most compliments by both men and women. Especially now during the hot weather. It seems to project so well. I am constantly told throughout the day how good I smell. It really does get you compliments. And not too many persons I know wear it. A plus for me.

Not a compliment on something I was wearing at the time, but I find it interesting none the less.

I was at Nordstrom looking for some GHPII as they showed it in stock online still. For about ten minutes I walked around the juice stand tying to figure out where it was hiding and smelling a few other secents. A well to do but shy looking older woman (early 70's) started to make her way to the cologne section and was immediately greeted by a salesman (even though he was hiding the whole time I was looking, but w/e). He took her straight to the AdG and she softly replied that it was nice but wanted to smell a few others.

The two made their way around the stand smelling some more fragrances with some muffled replies I could not make out, as I was a bit busy myself. Just after I saw they made their way over to the Chanel section I hear a loud, oooh yes I will take a bottle of that!.

He went to ring her up and I waited behind her so I could finally ask where the secret vault with the GPHII was. As she turned to leave I saw not a shy older woman turn to me, but a freshly invigorated cougar looking for action. She stared straight in my eyes with a look that screamed, I'm about to kidnap you and take you to a hotel, and pointed to a bottle of cologne seductively saying "this IS the one you want". I smiled politely in creepily entertained fashion and replied "yes it is nice".

So what got this ladies motor running, possibly mere months before a trip to the retirement home, you ask?

- Bleu de Chanel

It had been on the to buy list before... but now I am bit afraid

Quote Originally Posted by jordanm View Post
    Not a compliment on something I was wearing at the time, but I find it interesting none the less.

I was at Nordstrom looking for some GHPII as they showed it in stock online still. For about ten minutes I walked around the juice stand tying to figure out where it was hiding and smelling a few other secents. A well to do but shy looking older woman (early 70's) started to make her way to the cologne section and was immediately greeted by a salesman (even though he was hiding the whole time I was looking, but w/e). He took her straight to the AdG and she softly replied that it was nice but wanted to smell a few others.

The two made their way around the stand smelling some more fragrances with some muffled replies I could not make out, as I was a bit busy myself. Just after I saw they made their way over to the Chanel section I hear a loud, oooh yes I will take a bottle of that!.

He went to ring her up and I waited behind her so I could finally ask where the secret vault with the GPHII was. As she turned to leave I saw not a shy older woman turn to me, but a freshly invigorated cougar looking for action. She stared straight in my eyes with a look that screamed, I'm about to kidnap you and take you to a hotel, and pointed to a bottle of cologne seductively saying "this IS the one you want". I smiled politely in creepily entertained fashion and replied "yes it is nice".

So what got this ladies motor running, possibly mere months before a trip to the retirement home, you ask?

- Bleu de Chanel

It had been on the to buy list before... but now I am bit afraid

I agree with Gigi that Bleu beats the "pants" off Gucci PH II.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I agree with Gigi that Bleu beats the "pants" off Gucci PH II.
    Lol, I didn't want Gigi doing anything that involved pants, or beating around me. Just trying to pick up II before it got difficult. Might have to pick up a few from your for sale thread as well after the next pay check. Staring out/over and my nose is bigger than my wallet

Got a few compliments this past weekend wearing Xeryus Rouge. My friend Jackie said "wow you smell really good, what Is that? It's smells different I can't put my finger on it". That's a pretty good reaction if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceBuff View Post
    Well, not that i tend to get a massive amount of female attention lol but i've been complemented on Paco Rabanne perfume Black XS before, which made me feel great cause i was about to head into a job interview!
    was a bit put off, finally i bought it and it's great, never gave it a full wear though!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creed Aventus gets me the most compliments, each and every wearing.