Code of Conduct
Page 76 of 107 FirstFirst ... 26 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,560 of 6374

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Once ago a chick told me what kind of unisex perfume are you wearing? I was like WTF!

I was wearing JPG - Le Male and that was the first time i heard someone that says Le Male smells like unisex fragrance.

Btw, in my country Le Male isn't popular at all, the men and women here only wear designer fragrances from very well known brands like Paco Rabanne, Givency, Versace and Armani or some cheap colognes from Avon/Oriflame.

Yes i agree with senore , creed fargrances are supereb ,. i also go for creed and mu freinds likes it

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    And the reviews for it there at Amazon are worth reading ... 8-)
    Indeed they are.

I calculated compliment rate based on the previous tally. This list is about expected number of compliments per year for a fragrance. Total compliments can be misleading because older fragrances will obviously get more compliment count because they have been out on the market longer, when this is adjusted, compliment rate is a better indicator of how often a fragrance gets complimented.

Aventus 66
    La Nuit de L`homme 32
    Green Irish Tweed 16.2
    Bleu de Chanel 15.5
    L`eau D`Issey Pour Homme 14
    A*Men Pure Havane 14
    Terre D`Hermes 12
    Millesime Imperiale 11.1
    Allure Homme Sport 9.8
    Dior Homme 9.3
    Acque di Gio 8.9
    A*Men Pure Malt 8.7
    A*Men 8.3
    Le Male 7.8
    Versace Pour Homme 7.8
    Body Kouros 7.7
    Musc Ravageur 7.6
    Kouros 7.4
    Rive Gauche 7.2
    Silver Mountain Water 7.2
    Armani Code 7.1
    Black Aoud 7
    Envy for Men 6.9
    1 Million 6.8
    Cool Water 6.6
    Dior Homme Intense 6.2
    Allure Homme 5.9
    Rochas Men 5.9
    D&G Pour Homme 5.3
    M7 5.3
    Burberry London 5.2
    Tobacco Vanille 5.2
    Fuel for Life 4.8
    YSL L`Homme 4.3
    Eau Fraiche 4.3
    Chrome 4.2
    Fierce 4.2
    Givenchi Pi 4.2
    Rose 31 4.2
    L`Instant de Guerlain 4.1
    Dirty English 4
    Antaeus 3.8
    Fahrenheit 3.8
    Platinum Egoiste 3.8
    The Dreamer 3.6
    Au Masculin 3.3
    Geir 3.2
    Egoiste 3.1
    H.M. 3.1
    Black X.S. 3.1
    Encre Noire 3
    Gucci Pour Homme II 3
    D&G The One for Men 3
    Last edited by anewtypedude; 15th August 2012 at 01:56 PM.

anew,
    Thanks for the "real time" compliment estimates!
    peake1

Aventus is the compliment getter for me.

L'homme is a close second

I have a reputation at work for smelling good. I take pride in not wearing too much, bust just enough to where a girl can notice and not feel overpowered. Finding ladies buried in my neck is not uncommon.

Still Pure Malt. I need to start wearing other fragrances now..

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Green Irish Tweed. Followed by Polo Blue and Himalaya.

Chuck

I couldn't agree with you more.

Millesime Imperial, and as of recent, Spiritueuse Double Vanille (from both genders actually).

This one depends. At a club or bar, or out on the street? In winter, or summer? Has it dried down or is it fresh out of the bottle? Have I been sweating, or did I use the scented deoderant and wash in the shower gel/all over shampoo, and am I dressed up or down?

Is this purely about compliments, or the effect a fragrance has on women?

For a twenty five year old at a week-long music festival where showers are in short supply I think compliments will be had via something quite different to what will reel them in for a well-scrubbed, clean shaven thirty five year old at a wedding reception.

Some scents bring compliments, yes. If the right sort of woman picks it up and thinks it nice she'll tell you so, or perhaps her boyfriend wears it and she is complimenting herself in a roundabout way? Or perhaps she wishes he did, maybe she wants to buy it for him. At any rate it's nice when it happens, but it isn't much compared to the splash that some other fragrances can make. Whether it is that almost primal effect that turns thoughts in a very particular and advantageous direction, or by drawing a very focused sort of attention. I've been on both ends of this and have no reason to doubt it.

Which scent though? The short answer: the right one. It's not necessarily different for everyone, but it certainly isn't the same either. So don't worry if you've tried the current 'it' fragrance and it didn't get results. And bear in mind that if you want to wear fragrance for others as opposed to yourself it makes sense to try some things you don't personally enjoy. If you dislike that idea it's not a problem at all. A scent that makes you feel confident and attractive will enhance your appeal as much as anything whether it draws compliments or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    This one depends. At a club or bar, or out on the street? In winter, or summer? Has it dried down or is it fresh out of the bottle? Have I been sweating, or did I use the scented deoderant and wash in the shower gel/all over shampoo, and am I dressed up or down?

Is this purely about compliments, or the effect a fragrance has on women?

For a twenty five year old at a week-long music festival where showers are in short supply I think compliments will be had via something quite different to what will reel them in for a well-scrubbed, clean shaven thirty five year old at a wedding reception.

Some scents bring compliments, yes. If the right sort of woman picks it up and thinks it nice she'll tell you so, or perhaps her boyfriend wears it and she is complimenting herself in a roundabout way? Or perhaps she wishes he did, maybe she wants to buy it for him. At any rate it's nice when it happens, but it isn't much compared to the splash that some other fragrances can make. Whether it is that almost primal effect that turns thoughts in a very particular and advantageous direction, or by drawing a very focused sort of attention. I've been on both ends of this and have no reason to doubt it.

Which scent though? The short answer: the right one. It's not necessarily different for everyone, but it certainly isn't the same either. So don't worry if you've tried the current 'it' fragrance and it didn't get results. And bear in mind that if you want to wear fragrance for others as opposed to yourself it makes sense to try some things you don't personally enjoy. If you dislike that idea it's not a problem at all. A scent that makes you feel confident and attractive will enhance your appeal as much as anything whether it draws compliments or not.
    I really like your thoughtful take on it all! People should wear fragrances they like and chances are they wont be the only one on earth who will like what they're wearing too. Life's too short - you have to please yourself with your choice in fragrances! I like ones that are probably a bit too old for a 27 year old to be wearing (Oscar de la renta's Pour Lui) but I love it. In saying that I do like 1 particular 'it' fragrance which is Acqua Di Gio - but not BECAUSE it's and 'it' frag - simply because I smelled it and it took me back to highschool for whatever reason. Anyway...I've gone off topic a bit I think. all I was really going to say was - good advise Miket!

I got a spot on compliment from a female colleague today at work.

-What is this cologne? it smells really good, smells like heaven!
    -Really? How do you know how heaven smells like?
    -Yes. I don't, but I think this smells amazing, I love it.
    -Do you know what's the name of it?
    -No, tell me.
    -Straight to Heaven!
    -You're kidding!!! Wow! ... what a name!!

And then she made me send her a link to By Kilian website because she wanted to check out the women collection.

Aventus dominating which is no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Longin View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    Wow. I posted that a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSnowboard View Post
    Aventus dominating which is no surprise.

It's amazing how popular it is on here, yet, each time I get a compliment, I have to explain what it is.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Cool What fragrance do you wear just before you go to bed to get your lady excited ,ready for love?

Is thier a particular fragrance that you keep in reserve for that special, intimate moment? What others refer to as a close-combat scent?

Default Re: What fragrance do you wear just before you go to bed to get your lady excited ,ready for love?

It's whatever I put on that same morning.

Default Re: What fragrance do you wear just before you go to bed to get your lady excited ,ready for love?

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Is thier a particular fragrance that you keep in reserve for that special, intimate moment? What others refer to as a close-combat scent?
    I've never understood why anyone would use a term like "combat" for dating and sex. I'm not talking about you since I realize you're quoting a common term.

My advice is one I was complimented on last night: Gucci Pour Homme II. I was actually coming here to post a +1 on compliments for it.

Others may disagree, and that's fine since we all have different approaches, but I'm a single guy and I've found that the best choice for a scent is one that's attractive without being blunt about sex. In other words, smell attractive, but DON'T smell like you're trying to get laid.

I don't keep GphII in reserve. I bought it strictly for a dating scent, but it turned out to be so versatile that I now wear it a lot. It's sophisticated enough to wear to a meeting, it's stylish enough to wear out for drinks, it's sexy enough to wear on a date. And the idiots at Gucci are probably going to discontinue it soon. I highly recommend giving it a sniff to see if you'd like it. Another good choice is Aventus, but that costs 3X what GphII costs. It's excellent, but I can't say it's been better for me. I'm glad I own both though.

If you're in a relationship, the rules are totally different, of course. It's easier then since you know what you like and you know what she likes. Wear that

One more thought on scents for intimate moments: A scent with less projection is better. The last thing you want to do as your body heats up is create an overwhelming scent cloud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    It's amazing how popular it is on here, yet, each time I get a compliment, I have to explain what it is.
    Yeah, but that's awesome! It means it isn't common, which means you smell unique. If you wanted something everybody already knows, go with Acqua Di Gio. Personally, I never explain what it is when asked. I just say "It's called Aventus" and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    I got a spot on compliment from a female colleague today at work.

-What is this cologne? it smells really good, smells like heaven!
    -Really? How do you know how heaven smells like?
    -Yes. I don't, but I think this smells amazing, I love it.
    -Do you know what's the name of it?
    -No, tell me.
    -Straight to Heaven!
    -You're kidding!!! Wow! ... what a name!!

And then she made me send her a link to By Kilian website because she wanted to check out the women collection.
    I believe it. Aventus is probably my #1 for compliments, but this is a close second! Very underrated scent.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Basenotes Member

My wife and daughter love Aventus, MI and GIT and these would be considered my "close combat" scents; however, I received my first ever compliment from outside the family (an employee) and it happens to be my first wearing of this particular cologne. I've worn aventus, GIT, MI and many of the other powerhouses mentioned throughout this thread for the past 6 months or so to work without compliment. But today, she walked into my office about 1 hour after about 5-6 sprays (a little more quantity than my usual dose) and before she got halfway to my desk she said "WOW, what is that cologne; that smells awesome"? The answer: "Bleu de Chanel".

mihailo

LV Teint de Neige EdT
    Piguet Fracas EdP
    Terre d'Hermes EdT

Bleu de Chanel has also been garnering compliments recently.

Quote Originally Posted by tcathawk View Post
    My wife and daughter love Aventus, MI and GIT and these would be considered my "close combat" scents; however, I received my first ever compliment from outside the family (an employee) and it happens to be my first wearing of this particular cologne. I've worn aventus, GIT, MI and many of the other powerhouses mentioned throughout this thread for the past 6 months or so to work without compliment. But today, she walked into my office about 1 hour after about 5-6 sprays (a little more quantity than my usual dose) and before she got halfway to my desk she said "WOW, what is that cologne; that smells awesome"? The answer: "Bleu de Chanel".
    I own the 4 you mention and they would actually be in my current Top 10, and maybe Top 5! Great all-around scents. My wife digs them all.

Same here, no one has heard of it. As L'Homme Blanc Individuel said though, thats the cool part.

Quote Originally Posted by ScentsforRob View Post
    Silver Mountain water was number #1 until I tried Aventus!!! Drives women crazy!!
    Kharisma92

I'm wearing YSL L'homme today, and have received two compliments already. Something is in the air.

@tcathawk I have had similar instances with Blue de Chanel. More compliments than Aventus.

When I sampled Bleu de Chanel, I wasn't very impressed. I'm coming to think that since I sampled it at Sephora, I something else impaired my judgement.

When I sampled Bleu de Chanel, I wasn't very impressed. I'm coming to think that since I sampled it at Sephora, I something else impaired my judgement.
    i'm the same way with bleu. not a huge fan, but the ladies love it

A coupla days ago, I was sitting next to a woman in church as she leaned in with dreamy, smokey eyes and said: " I realize that you wear nice fragrances but WHAT ON EARTH is THIS ONE?? It smells devine!" I leaned in and replied, "Thank you, dear. I didn't know you that you had a nose for the sweet science of aromathology. The kind soul leaned back in and whispered, "Would you please tell me what it is so that I can purchase a bottle for my husband and son-in-law."
    Mildly taken aback, I leaned in once again and whispered to her, "Costume Natonal. Highly excited and pleased, she sniffed me deeply, again, and sat back in her chair.
    I "forgot" to add 21.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

21 Costume National is another compliments getter, is extremely chic, modern and sophisticated, my second favourite of the brand on the back of the darker Scent Intense.

Though I love it I'd never considered it the kind of frag that would garner many compliments but for me it's actually Live Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Here is the most up-to-date tally of the thread now in spreadsheet format, featuring all of the nearly 800 fragrances mentioned in this thread and the similar thread in the female forums.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yNk5fLWc#gid=0

Some notes

-I did my best to not include discontinued fragrances. They aren't very popular to begin with and will only continue to be eclipsed by available fragrances that people are still wearing. I also intended this to be a tool to guide tests/buys, so there's not much point in including them from that standpoint.

-The ratio column is a ratio of positive reviews:total reviews compiled from Basenotes, Fragrantica, and several other sites. For Basenotes I counted neutral reviews as negative reviews (nobody wants to waste time with something that's "meh"). Fragrantica gives the average out of 5, so I converted that to a percentage and multiplied by the number of votes to get my positive reviews total for that site. Every compliment from this thread and the female thread is also counted as one positive review.

-Columns E-H are assorted notes about the fragrances that I made in my quest to determine which ones to buy testers of. Most of the information comes from Fragrantica, so please spare me your outrage if some of this doesn't match up with your opinion.

-Sheet 1 contains all fragrances with over 100 total reviews. Sheet 2 Contains the rest. I have a statistical formula on my personal spreadsheet to correct the score for small sample size, but the function it uses is not supported by Google docs, so I opted for the straight ratio instead. This means that if I put the fragrances all on the same sheet and sorted by ratio, the top would be dominated by fragrances that one or two people swear are awesome.

-I will try to keep this updated, but I don't intend to post here every time I do.
    wow that's a good resource of information

Banned
    Blog Entries

Wall Street by Bond no.9

Lidge

my list

Aqua di Gio - even when i don't like it I bought it and I did not like it so I gave away to my little brother...so when I'm at parents house I spray some on me when I go out
    Le male - JPG
    The one - D&G
    CH by Carolina Herrera

I swear, this LIDGE is doing the trick. A coworker literally was buried in my neck for 10 seconds.

Basenotes Junkie

So far for me, Pure Malt is living up to the hype. One woman accused me of wearing pheromones because she said my cologne was turning her on.

2nd one today for LIDGE.

Two compliments today on La Nuit de L'Homme

My wife likes this one, but it gets on my nerves quickly. So I sold it.

It's a love/hate with me. It's quickly becoming extremely popular. My guess it will become the next Acqua di Gio.

I don't really understand the secret with this one, ladies seem to dig it so much, I like it but I don't think it's that special.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a love/hate with me. It's quickly becoming extremely popular. My guess it will become the next Acqua di Gio.
    I neither love it nor hate it, but it is indeed popular.

I don't really understand the secret with this one, ladies seem to dig it so much, I like it but I don't think it's that special.

- - - Updated - - -

I neither love it nor hate it, but it is indeed popular.

I think it's that "dark but fresh" vibe it gives off. In all honesty, to me it seems like a dark version of ADG (not scent-wise, but based on the vibe/feel it gives off). Women love it, that's all I need to know!

Perry Ellis 360 Red is another one that the ladies love.

last week in the office I got the compliment for wearing 212 and my wife almost ate me wearing in the mood for love from ferre.....
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

yesterday ADG I don't get it I don't like it but when I use it I get some compliments

I don't know if this will apply very well to most of you in North America or Europe, but while I was in Japan, nothing got as many compliments as Molecule 02 by Escentric Molecules.

I just put on one spray in the morning and people were telling me how good I smelled all day long. It might not smell like much right out of the bottle, but somehow it really makes an impact on people! It really tripped me out cuz I could barely smell it.

It really makes a nice, non-perfumey and hypo-allergenic fragrance choice that elicits compliments all-round.
    Sales thread here

Top most compliments:
    1: Opium Pour Homme - Ives Saint Laurent*
    2: A*men Thierry Muggler
    3: Le Male - Jean Paul gaultier
    4: Fleur do Male - jean Paul gaultier

*Version EDP (Eau de Parfum)
    Last edited by uruk-hai; 26th August 2012 at 12:33 PM.

I'm wearing Aventus today, I hope I get a compliment and score one for the team.

Got props on La Nuit today. Funny thing is I did not put it on today. She smelled it from over spray on my watch band when I sampled it last night.

compliment today on creed spring flowers

Updated the spreadsheet. Aventus runs away with the crown!

Two today for Aventus while in my college class.

Jeff

In my high school days:

Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch. (knock it all you want, but the ladies loved it.)
    Romance by Ralph Lauren

Presently:

Tommy
    Acqua di Gio
    Cool Water
    Dolce & Gabbana, The One

I just bought some Green Irish Tweed so, I can't wait to see what that's going to do.

'Dolce&Gabbana The ONE' recently....
    ''Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'' L. Da Vinci

Currently, Mugler Cologne (much to my surprise, because I think I have much better and more interesting smelling stuff)...my wife, who very rarely comments on any of my colognes unless I ask, even stopped me today and asked "What cologne are you wearing today? I REALLY like it."

First ever compliment from someone who wasn't family, was a girl liking Bleu de Chanel. "You smell good!".

Too bad it doesn't last for more than 2 hours on me. Same with Platinum Egoiste.

Versace Man Eau Fraiche

Today a co-worker told me, and another co-worker that Acqua di Gio, and D&G Light Blue could get her in the sheets. Shallow, and slutty, I know. But what is it with women going coo-coo over citrusy, clean fragrances? I like both of these fragrances, but my more masculine fragrances are more likely to go unnoticed than these.

One for GIT the other day