Code of Conduct
Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,860 of 6353

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    aventus <3
    Curious, how many sprays do you use? And.. I hate to ask this... What batch number (I can hear the collective groan of BN lol)
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Which scent do you mean? Gucci By Gucci wasn't released until 2008, which makes me wonder if you're actually referring to Gucci Pour Homme II, the tea based scent they launched in 2007? That's a really good one!

Or do you mean Gucci Pour Homme, their woody incense scent? Gph is often referred to as Gucci Pout Homme (2003) because Gucci had a previous scent named Gucci Pour Homme, launched back in the 70s.

Gucci really did a terrible job naming many of their scents. It's almost as if they WANT to be confusing! Luckily, some of their stuff is quite good. I think Gph(2003) and GphII are both outstanding.
    My apologies, I was referring to Gucci by Gucci 2008. This one: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26129400.html

Somehow this and Dolce Light Blue Pour Homme don't get great reviews on Basenotes but they're probably 2 of the better scents I've ever owned in terms of compliments, longevity and projection

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Which scent do you mean? Gucci By Gucci wasn't released until 2008, which makes me wonder if you're actually referring to Gucci Pour Homme II, the tea based scent they launched in 2007? That's a really good one!

Or do you mean Gucci Pour Homme, their woody incense scent? Gph is often referred to as Gucci Pout Homme (2003) because Gucci had a previous scent named Gucci Pour Homme, launched back in the 70s.

Gucci really did a terrible job naming many of their scents. It's almost as if they WANT to be confusing! Luckily, some of their stuff is quite good. I think Gph(2003) and GphII are both outstanding.
    My apologies, I was referring to Gucci by Gucci 2008. This one: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26129400.html

Somehow this and Dolce Light Blue Pour Homme don't get great reviews on Basenotes but they're probably 2 of the better scents I've ever owned in terms of compliments, longevity and projection

Default Re: In need of something most girls will call "Sexy"

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    And none of those have worked? Tough crowd!
    Srzly. There's a couple really solid ones on there that I can't see not working for what OP wants.

This thread would be better answered on the female discussion board but I second Aventus.

Black Orchid (at least for mine)

...had the impression this was an other thread: don't wanna be in this one...(please remove if possible!)
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 11th November 2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: see my remarks

Aventus and Straight to Heaven by Kilian

Aventus

Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by keagz08 View Post
    Dior Homme Intense
    Yep! That one ^^

I'd think the lidge & amen would have taken care of business...

+dhi
    +dh
    check on some Boucheron Jaipur & YSL Opium pH edp.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Oooooooooor Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb

Back to Black may be what you are after. Or Tabac Blond extrait. More smouldering scents would be difficult to devise. The former is a bit 'easier' to wear - somewhat delicious.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ok. I'm going to be completely honest here.

I think the whole idea of cologne as a seduction tool is completely pathetic.

Yes, there are cases where some guys get extremely positive compliments from women, compared to most compliments of just "oh, you smell nice". But I think when men hear a woman say, "This cologne just makes me go crazy. It's so sexy", many guys immediately think that they need to get that cologne.

Truth is, all women are different.

The woman you are with may like your Aventus. Or she may think it's too fruity or too feminine. The woman you are with may like your Dior Homme or think it is way too powdery.

Most women won't agree on one fragrance that's the sexiest, even though some fragrances do get more female compliments than others. Though that shouldn't be the point of collecting fragrances.

Either way, it's not the fragrance that's going to attract a woman. It's how you look, your physique, how you dress, your personality, your intelligence, your character, your demeanor, your people skills, and your attitude that will determine that.

Yes, there are cases where some guys get extremely positive compliments from women, compared to most compliments of just "oh, you smell nice". But I think when men hear a woman say, "This cologne just makes me go crazy. It's so sexy", many guys immediately think that they need to get that cologne.

The woman you are with may like your Aventus. Or she may think it's too fruity or too feminine. The woman you are with may like your Dior Homme or think it is way too powdery.

Most women won't agree on one fragrance that's the sexiest, even though some fragrances do get more female compliments than others. Though that shouldn't be the point of collecting fragrances.

Either way, it's not the fragrance that's going to attract a woman. It's how you look, your physique, how you dress, your personality, your intelligence, your character, your demeanor, your people skills, and your attitude that will determine that.
    right on brother!

I agree fragrance alone is not going to do the job, but I could easily include "how you smell" in that list.
    If I Could Only Have a Dozen:
    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Creed Silver Mountain Water
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    4. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
    5. Creed Bois Du Portugal
    6. Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree
    7. Creed Tabarome Millesime
    8. Guerlain Heritage
    9. Penhaligon's Sartorial
    10. Creed Royal Oud
    11. Chanel Egoiste
    12. Creed EROLFA

Another plus for Oud Wood. While chatting up woman on park bench. She says you smell so good. Gave me her number. Is it the playa or the fragrance??

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mistercitizen View Post
    I agree fragrance alone is not going to do the job, but I could easily include "how you smell" in that list.
    not in the top 20 though, but yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Curious, how many sprays do you use? And.. I hate to ask this... What batch number (I can hear the collective groan of BN lol)
    i use 8 sprays.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, seriously though. here is how i use aventus.

if the weather is warm, i'm in a small room or i'm in a crowded area , then only one spray.

if it is cooler, or in a bigger room, or in a less crowded are, two.

i'd never use more than 2 sprays of aventus though.

DHI, Tuscany vintage, Bleu Chanel....

Quote Originally Posted by mistercitizen View Post
    Yea. Perhaps the up side is limited, but there is huge down side with regards to scent. So let this funny thread continue !

Default Re: In need of something most girls will call &quot;Sexy&quot;

It may be surprising but Armani Sport Code gets me a lot of compliments.
    I actually like it better than original Code. Everytime i wear Sport Code, lot of people compliment me saying that the fragrance is really very pleasant and nice

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, Fierce which is supposed to be a compliment magnet doesnt work for me. People say that it smells like wet clothes left out to dry and that it isnt nice at all

I view this thread as more of a "top percentage people pleaser" than a "fictional panty dropper" list. So with that said hands down my least offensive positive remarked upon scents are....

Fierce
    Rochas Man
    Bleu de Chanel
    Platinum Egoiste
    Versace Pour Homme

Was at work today, sat down in front of my boss for a chat, and the lady on a desk a few metres away came over and started sniffing me, first on one side of my neck, then the other, for about 15 seconds while my boss shut up and watched. She walked away (towards the office kitchen) while muttering 'you smell pretty'

I was wearing Chergui.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    lady on a desk a few metres away came over and started sniffing me
    I am always amazed at the olfactory sensitivity of women. Personally i like to smell my frag all day but that requires quite a few extra sprays. Lately I have backed off of the trigger to keep the aroma within my personal space. Not saying you have on too much. Could be you walked by her and she caught your scent.

I probably do wear too much, for the majority of my colognes I spray 1-2x to the chest, 2 to the neck (1 on each side), and 2 to the wrists (1 each wrist).

Some exceptions include Angel Men, Kouros etc which are overpowering and don't need anywhere near as much. I don't get complaints about over wearing colognes, if there are any comments made they are only compliments.

Thanks Einstein...you are aware that this thread is dedicated to female compliments, correct?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    Thanks Einstein...you are aware that this thread is dedicated to female compliments, correct?
    That response was to a thread about someone wanting a "sexy" cologne. The mods just merged that into this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    That response was to a thread about someone wanting a "sexy" cologne. The mods just merged that into this thread.
    My bad then. The post just seemed a little out of place. Sorry.
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

L'Artisan Tea for Two. Some women want it for themselves, some want it for their men. They describe it as both a sexy and comforting scent.

- - - Updated - - -

L'Artisan Tea for Two. Some women want it for themselves, some want it for their men. They describe it as both a sexy and comforting scent.

i got my tenth compliment this week on aventus.

i went to a carnival and the operator of the ferris wheel she let me ride it for free just to get a smell of my wrist.

aventus <3
    classy

I probably do wear too much, for the majority of my colognes I spray 1-2x to the chest, 2 to the neck (1 on each side), and 2 to the wrists (1 each wrist).
    I used to do this... But I found that if I spray to the neck, especially front of the neck then I can't smell my fragrance throughout the day. Whereas if I go with a shot to the chest, and to each wrist (sometimes a double spray) I can smell it all day

- - - Updated - - -

I used to do this... But I found that if I spray to the neck, especially front of the neck then I can't smell my fragrance throughout the day. Whereas if I go with a shot to the chest, and to each wrist (sometimes a double spray) I can smell it all day

Tobacco Vanille, Aventus, Burberry London for Him

This is the greatest thread, ever. Out of the realm of theory and on to practical matters. I am going to (eventually) read my way through this whole collection, because I think this is terrific information, collected from experts, who are "out there on the job" every day.

And while the following point, from Zbg in a November, 2009 post, may be true:

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    In the end, no matter how much this hobby might start as a ˝I might get more women˝, it gets to ˝screw that, I love this or that scent, and don't care if a certain woman or women will or will not like it˝
    still, who among us would mind tangling with a female or two while we work our way toward "screw that?"
    damon j walker

Agree with you Damon J. Fun thread and it's always nice to have a pulse of what gets compliments even if you're not into scents to "get women".

La Nuit ...

got complimented with oud wood over the weekend.

Got countless compliments on Bvlgari Extreme this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by baldheadjim View Post
    Another plus for Oud Wood. While chatting up woman on park bench. She says you smell so good. Gave me her number. Is it the playa or the fragrance??
    Gotta be the playa.

Today I just had a receptionist came out of her booth and walk to me and ask me what I was wearing. She Sid it smelled fabulous!

I was wearing

Quote Originally Posted by Jefyulo View Post
    Today I just had a receptionist came out of her booth and walk to me and ask me what I was wearing. She Sid it smelled fabulous!

I was wearing
    I need a new bottle of that. It smells so rich and unique.

yesterday Bois de Portugal was an instant hit!

Why So Serious?

Haven't posted in one of these threads for a long time. But Dior Amber Nuit have been a huge hit for me in the office this past week.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yesterday, I was wearing aventus to a night club.

There was a hot bartender 8 feet away. Even with 5 guys asking for drinks at once, she walked out of her liquor station walked up to me and asked me what I was wearing.

I told her it was Aventus. I'm amazed. I applied Aventus 3 days before I went to the club and she could still smell it on me! The longevity is great on this one. Even 3 days later when you think it's gone, people still smell it on you.

She gave me a free drink and told me that I smelled like the sexiest man alive.

Aventus <3

There was a hot bartender 8 feet away. Even with 5 guys asking for drinks at once, she walked out of her liquor station walked up to me and asked me what I was wearing.

I told her it was Aventus. I'm amazed. I applied Aventus 3 days before I went to the club and she could still smell it on me! The longevity is great on this one. Even 3 days later when you think it's gone, people still smell it on you.

Aventus <3
    noirdrakkar,
    That's all great but where was the off duty police woman??
    peake1

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I know this a real old comment. But this just reminds me of myself.
    I'm from Denmark og people are just real greedy on the compliments..
    It's not like US/Canada where you guys talk about props all the time.
    They just hate on ballers around here.

Aventus <3
    Wouldn't it be awesome if instead of 3 days before you hadn't even applied Aventus at all but still smelled like it?!?

Yesterday, I was wearing aventus to a night club. ... I applied Aventus 3 days before I went to the club and she could still smell it on me! The longevity is great on this one. Even 3 days later when you think it's gone, people still smell it on you.
    Yesterday you were wearing a scent that you weren't wearing yesterday but could still smell from when you wore it three days ago?

Still smelling a scent from three days ago means it's on your clothes, not you, unless you've got some pretty serious hygiene issues... which reminds me of the question you asked about spraying your testicles to get better longevity... yikes.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Member

Used to be 1 million for me till the time I switched to Thierry Mugler's Ice Men...never thought this could get me so many compliments

Posted by Jefyuo: "Today I just had a receptionist came out of her booth and walk to me and ask me what I was wearing. She Sid it smelled fabulous!"

See, this is what we're talking about, here! Results. If you can bring up out of their chairs, you've got a wonderful scent.
    Last edited by damon-jay; 16th November 2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: add quote
    damon j walker

Basenotes Junkie

Aventus <3
    It must be so awesome being you, noirdrakkar! You sir are truly amazing, or maybe Aventus is just that incredible!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    It must be so awesome being you, noirdrakkar! You sir are truly amazing, or maybe Aventus is just that incredible!!!!
    Mhm, he encouraged me to purchase Aventus.
    Yesterday I wore it before picking up my buddy from the airport. After the plane had taken off and was a few thousand feet in the air, the flight attended got a whiff of my Aventus, while I was still on land waiting for my friend. She held a rubber banana to the pilot's head and threatened that if he did not turn the plane around, that she would use it. Needless to say, the plane landed, she licked the Aventus off my neck, and away they went.
    This stuff is magic!

Quote Originally Posted by joydas_1 View Post
    Thierry Mugler's Ice Men...never thought this could get me so many compliments
    Great fragrance, a bit more harsh than Pure Shot, but better lasting power.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

How about which female gives you the most scent compliments?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I get the most unsolicited female compliments when wearing: Aventus, La Nuit de L'Homme, Midnight In Paris, edp, Bois du Portugal, Le Male.

Two weeks ago I wore
    Aventus to a wedding..

Today, A random swim suit model just asked me what I was wearing. She said it smells so sexy and she wants to sleep with me. Thanks aventus.

Five years ago, I wore Aventus to a strip club where I was arrested. Weeks later, while in court standing before a judge, she unexpectedly threw out the case against me, declaring that, despite the fact that I'm 4'2" and 537 pounds, I was indeed the sexiest man alive. Yay for women judges, eh? I KNOW! This was particularly amazing because Aventus was still three years away from even being invented. Regardless, fast forward to three nights ago when a playboy bunny (and, by that, I mean an actual rabbit whose cage is line with pages from old Playboys) demanded to know what I was wearing. The owner of the rabbit was a member of the Swedish Olympic swim team. She was so impressed by her rabbit's excellent taste in men's fragrances that she knew the only possible thing she could do was sleep with me. Side note: we had roast rabbit for lunch the next day, though I'm at least 75% sure it wasn't the talking bunny I met the day before. I mean, really. Who would cook a talking bunny? Anyway... thanks, Aventus!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    How about which female gives you the most scent compliments?
    I'm not sure if this is what you're getting at... but... I've noticed that different types of women compliment me on different scents. I have a female friend who is more or less a badass. I'm not sure how else to put it - and I mean no disrespect. She's awesome! But she's tougher than most of the men I know. She always compliments me if I wear Gucci Pour Homme (2003). It's a very very masculine woody/incense scent. If I wear anything else around her... no comment. But she's the only one I've met so far who goes nuts for Gph. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she'd love Fahrenheit.

I'm sure that different kinds of people are drawn to different kinds of scents - assuming the scent fits the person wearing it, of course. If you're going on a date, I definitely think it's wise to pick a scent based on the personality of the person you're seeing.

Gucci Pour Homme II has been my go-to scent for dates with bookish women (and, god, I swoon for smart women!) I haven't tried it, but I'd bet Tea For Two would be great too.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

*Insert craziest story ever told*

*Mention Aventus*

*Profit???*

Last night I got pulled over by a lady cop for speeding. I had 1 or 2 drinks over the limit so I was really scared. She asked me if I had some to drink, I said yes. Then she said " I'm not going to give you a breathalyzer or a ticket for speeding , if you tell Me what are you wearing."

Thanks aventus!

Quote Originally Posted by Jefyulo View Post
    Last night I got pulled over by a lady cop for speeding. I had 1 or 2 drinks over the limit so I was really scared. She asked me if I had some to drink, I said yes. Then she said " I'm not going to give you a breathalyzer or a ticket for speeding , if you tell Me what are you wearing."

Thanks aventus!
    oh my good aventus oh good I bought an sample of 30 ml and I'm going to give it way to my brother (15 yo) since I really did not like it or something happened to it when it was shipped since it smells like water with something very soft