Code of Conduct
Page 83 of 103 FirstFirst ... 33 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,980 of 6138
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I went to the club. Plaid shirt with the 2 buttons popped showin all my chest hair, I wore a giant fake gold chain, some sunglasses, spiked my hair. I sprayed Kouros on my chest 5 times a minute before I walked on the club. I had like 4 random women all over me telling me I smelled delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I went to the club. Plaid shirt with the 2 buttons popped showin all my chest hair, I wore a giant fake gold chain, some sunglasses, spiked my hair. I sprayed Kouros on my chest 5 times a minute before I walked on the club. I had like 4 random women all over me telling me I smelled delicious.
    You sprayed Korous on your chest five times a minute? Then the reason your location is undisclosed is because the women cannot leave you alone? I am just kidding. Congratulations if this works for you.

TJ

If the occasion's right... DHI will snag you a few

Gotta give more praise to AVENTUS. Gave my 17 year old son a decant with one instruction - Never more than one spray to the neck. He says several girls gave him so many compliments.

"Lomani" for sure i will say this is the best one for me

Out of the ones I own, YSL La Nuit, Le Male and most recently Bleu de Chanel are the top compliment getters.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

I have a lot of women in my life and have received many compliments before on various fragrances; however, my favorite fragrance--the one I absolutely adore, has received nothing but shame. Every single girl I have worn it around has been completely disgusted by it. Girls that have given me compliments on previous colognes tell me to not wear it no more.
    At first, I thought it was a bad batch or something and have since purchased another but nothing has changed.

I live in a tad warmer weather, Southern California. Could this be a factor?

Could it be my skin chemistry?!
    I have tested it on my clothes as well and similar reactions.

In fact, my sister said she wanted to puke after being around me once and I only did 1 spray!

I am at a loss for words.

The fragrance I am referring to is La Nuit De l'homme by YSL EDT
    Shocked to say the least considering the opposite reaction everyone else gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    I have a lot of women in my life and have received many compliments before on various fragrances; however, my favorite fragrance--the one I absolutely adore, has received nothing but shame. Every single girl I have worn it around has been completely disgusted by it. Girls that have given me compliments on previous colognes tell me to not wear it no more.
    At first, I thought it was a bad batch or something and have since purchased another but nothing has changed.

I live in a tad warmer weather, Southern California. Could this be a factor?

Could it be my skin chemistry?!
    I have tested it on my clothes as well and similar reactions.

In fact, my sister said she wanted to puke after being around me once and I only did 1 spray!

I am at a loss for words.

The fragrance I am referring to is La Nuit De l'homme by YSL EDT
    Shocked to say the least considering the opposite reaction everyone else gets.
    I live in socal and also haven't had stellar reaction to testing. For whatever reason La Nuit turns into a powder bomb on my skin (according to females).

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Only 4? Next time wear white socks to match the plaid/shirt/fake gold chain outfit
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

6 months of wearing fragrances daily and today was my...SECOND compliment. Fine by me, as long as I know the smell is nice.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you have extremely dry skin and your fragrances are not projecting to others? I find it so difficult to believe that you don't get compliments more often.

I also think that a lot of people are too shy to give a compliment. I'm sure many have thought: "Ohh you smell nice" but when it comes down to it they can't project the words out their mouth cause they think it's embarrassing or whatever.
    That's why most people garner compliments from those individuals that they are close to or know well enough.
    Also, depends on the environment you're in daily. If you work behind a cubital all day, you won't get much attention.
    If you go to school or a party/club then you'll get plenty.

At the work's Christmas party on Friday night..............................Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    I live in socal and also haven't had stellar reaction to testing. For whatever reason La Nuit turns into a powder bomb on my skin (according to females).
    I have a bit of this problem too. I wouldn't say it becomes a powder-bomb on me, but it definitely becomes more powdery than I'd expect. Something about it doesn't work with my skin. It isn't terrible, but it doesn't work for me, which is a shame because it really is good stuff. Ah well!

- - - Updated - - -

I also think that a lot of people are too shy to give a compliment. I'm sure many have thought: "Ohh you smell nice" but when it comes down to it they can't project the words out their mouth cause they think it's embarrassing or whatever.
    That's why most people garner compliments from those individuals that they are close to or know well enough.
    Also, depends on the environment you're in daily. If you work behind a cubital all day, you won't get much attention.
    Following up on that last part: if your job includes a lot of interaction with the public, you'll get a LOT more compliments than if you work in private, and it's not just because you see more people. Friendly interactions with strangers will get you compliments, partly because many people appreciate being helped or served and want to say something nice to express their gratitude... and they'll usually find something easy to compliment. Smelling nice, having great looking glasses or unique looking hair... that stuff is easy to notice and so, it'll get complimented.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I have over 50 fragrances in my wardrobe (45 or so too many) which I wear daily and I can honestly say, I can't recall the last time I received a compliment.
    Am I bothered? Absolutely not. Do I smell divine almost all of the time? To my nose, absolutely without question. Here endeth the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    I have over 50 fragrances in my wardrobe (45 or so too many) which I wear daily and I can honestly say, I can't recall the last time I received a compliment.
    Am I bothered? Absolutely not. Do I smell divine almost all of the time? To my nose, absolutely without question. Here endeth the lesson.
    Maybe, it's your personality. You might be one of those hard to approach guys. I am the same way. Many girls say I am intimidating to approach...I don't know why. I'm sure many who have walked by you have said, "damn, he smells good"...
    Especially, when you wear that Musc Ravageur

none
    Favorite notes at this point: Sandal wood, Oud, Frankincense, Rose

Got Avant Garde by Lanvin as a gift from my wife few days back, though, I was not very keen to buy it, but she got it for me...my God! what a compliment getter it turned out to be!! Wore it yesterday to a party and got over a dozen compliments from both sexes..

For me its YSL la nuit de lhomm and Versace eau fraiche Easy compliment getters.

Had a date go the right way, and back at my place my shirt was unbuttoned, and the chick was going nuts smelling my chest. Well, thanks to Original Santal and my rugged good looks, I scored the big one. Or I should say small one, she was a 5'2 Asian...

My current girlfriend loves Grey Vetiver. And she likes Costume National homme in the evening when it calms down a little. (at first it's pretty heavy, but last all day strong. By evening it's perfect for her)

I have worn fragrances for over thirty years and had never recieved comments no matter what i wore.
    However i have just started wearing " La Perla Essence " by Grigioperla and everytime i get people asking me what it is.
    Men and Women both have asked.
    I am surprised there has been little talk of this fragrance because i think its an absolute Gem.

Polo modern reserve

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMonk View Post
    Had a date go the right way, and back at my place my shirt was unbuttoned, and the chick was going nuts smelling my chest. Well, thanks to Original Santal and my rugged good looks, I scored the big one. Or I should say small one, she was a 5'2 Asian...

My current girlfriend loves Grey Vetiver. And she likes Costume National homme in the evening when it calms down a little. (at first it's pretty heavy, but last all day strong. By evening it's perfect for her)
    lmao, did you just admit to cheating on your current GF with an Asian lady you also took on a 'date'? . I'd be careful while sniffing and rolling, your GF doesn't smell another woman on you lmao

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Perhaps you have extremely dry skin and your fragrances are not projecting to others? I find it so difficult to believe that you don't get compliments more often.
    Absolutely true. My skin does tend to absorb whatever I wear. Interestingly, Pure Malt, even over A*Men tends to be the only thing that projects. When I received a compliment, I had sprayed it on my shirt. I am doing this more often now.

Very true. People do not want to come off as "strange" for complementing someone on a fragrance. Although...I can't see why someone would think someone else is strange for doing so.

CologneFan85

YSL La Nuit de L'Homme gets me noticed the most, perfect for cold weather and the nightlife

3 compliments today, from 3 different women!

I was wearing Noir de Reminiscence.

CologneFan85

A Men also, but you have to be careful wearing it no matter what flanker it is can be way overpowering. A fellow worker of mine make the room smell like a damn bakery wearing the original! Not good

Today i was complimented for the first time in years by a female friend - enthusiastically so. I was wearing tommy girl.

I tailored my purchases to suit the last tally. From those I've gotten a few compliments.

Burberry London 2
    Le Male 1
    Rochas Man 1

I have however never received compliments for Green Irish Tweed or L'eu Dissey curiously. Perhaps due to dry skin or other factors. It be great if someone could devise a more thorough census to control the many variables though.

How many compliments? How long ago? How many frags do you have and what do you have? Age of complimenter? Age of wearer? Etc.
    Last edited by Manteuse; 14th December 2012 at 07:35 AM.
    Forever I seek the holy grail of fragrance - Creed's Construction with Modern Longevity.

Basenotes Member

bleu de chanel and aventus

+1 on Hanae Mori, H.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Manteuse View Post
    I tailored my purchases to suit the last tally. ... I have however never received compliments for Green Irish Tweed or L'eu Dissey curiously. Perhaps due to dry skin or other factors. It be great if someone could devise a more thorough census to control the many variables though.

How many compliments? How long ago? How many frags do you have and what do you have? Age of complimenter? Age of wearer? Etc.
    There are too many variables for that to be possible if you really think about it. Everyone's skin is different, we all wear scents differently, and every woman has different tastes. That last point is especially important. Just because a woman compliments a guy on a scent, it doesn't mean she represents most women's tastes at all. I have one female friend in particular who loves scents that just about all of my other friends would hate. It cracks me up.

Everyone is different, so, the best thing you can do is make educated guesses. When sampling a scent, think about it from the point of view of the kind of person you'd like to attract. What are her tastes likely to be? I love smart women. Bookish. Maybe even nerdy or geeky. Brains with girl-next-door looks really do it for me. When I've been on dates with women like that, I've gotten great feedback on Gucci Pour Homme II. I own both Gph and GphII, and I think it's interesting how they seem to have such different personalities. Gph is a very manly hairy-chested scent. GphII is more charming and sophisticated. Both are excellent. Both attract a completely different kind of woman.

My point is that the list for this thread is an 'in general' sort of list. It's up to us to figure out what works for us and what we think the women we like would most likely enjoy.

It would be awesome if we could sort the list of most complimented scents by the age and personality of the women who gave the compliments, but creating a list like that would be one heck of a massive undertaking!!! That's the sort of market research companies spend a lot of money to create, though they don't share that info since it's like their own secret weapon. And it's worth noting that that sort of market research isn't always accurate (blah blah blah all kinds of unintended biases can drastically skew the results) ...it sure would be neat though. I'm such a sucker for quality research.

The best thing you can do is use the list as a guide for scents you might want to try, and make your own educated guesses, knowing the results may not work for you. Good luck!

CologneFan85

If you do not seem approachable, NO fragrance will get complimented. As of today Polo Double Black has received three compliments. But I am a very outgoing person...My two cents

So far, the most comments I've had from women in general (ranging from the eighth graders I teach to my 84-year-old grandma) has been towards Tom Ford for Men Extreme.

The most comments I've received from my wife was when I wore my sample of Noir de Noir.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Last week i got a really nice compliment on A*Men pure malt:

a friend of mine picked up me with his car. he had his girlfriend sitting next to him.
    after few minutes in the car, his gf talked to me and said "i feel confsued, your fragrance makes me think sexual thoughts"
    and she also said it is a very, very attractive smell.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

For me, people who know me compliment Blenheim Bouquet the most. But strangers (or colleagues, those who I wouldn't consider 'friends') have only ever complimented Aventus.

CH Men Carolina Herrera

yesterday maybe it should not be a valid compliment but but ex-gf told me like 5 times you smell good, well also complemented my shoes, my shirt and my pant
    Last edited by karlochacon; 15th December 2012 at 02:40 PM.

ADGio has gotten me hundreds of compliments, literally. I agree with some above on the fact that so many factors come into play when compliments on scent is being looked at. For one, even if a guy smells great but looks like a troll or never speaks a word to people, then obviously he won't get many compliments no matter what he is wearing. Obviously there are random exceptions, but compliments on a man's scent probably has to be prompted by some sort of attraction. It's just the world we live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    I agree totally.
    I posted something way back on this thread along the lines of, 'no matter what fragrance you're wearing, it all boils down to how approachable you are and your persona in respect of receiving compliments on the scent you've got on'.

This whole thread is missing the point in my view. When one receives a 'compliment on their fragrance', this is more a compliment on you as a person, rather than what juice you've decided to spray on.
    You could have on the 'best fragrance in the world' and not receive a single compliment if you were more introverted, unapproachable and perceived as a firm non-social type of person.

In retrospect, if an individual is more extroverted, social and approachable, that person is very likely to receive a compliment on their fragrance no matter what they have on - this is a fact and you only have to look at how many 'generic' smelling fragrances (I'm not a snob, I own many of these!) receive tons and tons of 'compliments' from the ladies.

Conclusion; the fragrance does not garner the compliments, but it's the whole package of you as a person which attracts the ladies to compliment on you!
    ^^^^EXACTLY!!! I just went back and saw this post and laughed. I guess there are some other guys that actually "get it" and beat me to the punch.

From my Mom while I was wearing samples of Memoir, Reflection, and Jubilation: "Wow, your smell reminds me of church when I was a kid. To be more specific, the smell of the statue of baby Jesus".

"Cool!? Thanks, Mom!"

Maybe, it's your personality. You might be one of those hard to approach guys. I am the same way. Many girls say I am intimidating to approach...I don't know why. I'm sure many who have walked by you have said, "damn, he smells good"...
    Especially, when you wear that Musc Ravageur
    That's probably true. I posted something yonks ago on this thread more or less on the same lines.
    Basically, that women/people tend to compliment on the whole package that makes up a person; looks, confidence, appearance and most importantly - personality.
    The fragrance one wears is merely an excuse for someone to pay you a compliment because they like you as a person, regardless of what the fragrance is.

MR is divine

Spreadsheet updated. Haven't had time to add all the new entries yet, but I updated the tally on all the existing ones.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yNk5fLWc#gid=0

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Spreadsheet updated. Haven't had time to add all the new entries yet, but I updated the tally on all the existing ones.

thanks for keeping this list updated

Incredible work, Sir.

THank you for doing this!

Kudos to you, Vellyr!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mariusg82 View Post
    Hanae Mori is the scent I get the most male and female compliments.
    Great compliment getter. I also believe when a person never receives compliments, it has a lot to do with his/her personality rather than the fragrance.

Third time in a row Fahrenheit ( the Game of Thrones signature scent )

My first post!

Anyway, I actually had to stop wearing this stuff when I went out: Dragon's Milk by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. I haven't the slightest idea what's in it, but they won't be able to resist approaching. *Wear with caution.
    Impenitent incense junkie. I will not stop.

This looks like a full time job. Someone should be paying you man!

the other day my wife pretty enthusiastically told me that the varvatos vintage i was wearing was really doing it for her. I've had it for years but for some reason today she had something to day. Then we tried to make a baby. If it works , I think varvatos goldstein sounds like a great name.

Last Friday was my Christmas party.

Wore Aventus...

At least 4 beautifuls ladies in their 30's notified me about my cologne...

Creed Aventus is by far the best compliment getter
    Tristan Lavoie
    Marié, infidèle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

I love Aventus but annoyingly it only last about 3 hours on me. . . ughh. . .

Aventus got me a couple compliments last night. In fact my friends girlfriend asked me like 3 times what I was wearing and that it smelled amazing. The E01 batch has excellent longevity and sillage...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Last Friday was my Christmas party.

Wore Aventus...

At least 4 beautifuls ladies in their 30's notified me about my cologne...

Creed Aventus is by far the best compliment getter

This is true, not only an amazing scent but never fails to get compliments...

Meant to post this one when it happened a couple of months ago but forgot.

Went to lunch with an attractive female friend of mine (she's 40 btw).
    As we are walking out of the restaurant, I open the door for her.
    Apparently I was leaving a scent trail in my wake because she said
    "Man, you smell good!"

Rive Gauche Pour Homme

5 sprays: 2 chest, 1 each forearm, 1 to the back of the neck.
    Probably a spray or two too much for most people, but that's what works for me with this one.
    Such a great, reliable masculine fragrance.

Also, been wearing my decant of Aventus off and on for the better part of a year--zero compliments.
    But, that might be because I was wearing too many sprays to begin with. I've learned that 1 to 2 sprays
    is PLENTY for Aventus, and I had been using my typical 4 to 5 sprays...way too much. It's a wonder I didn't kill someone, lol.

I usually get compliments when i wear mancera roses vanille. I think, it's sweety rose smell as turkish delight, is a reason why this scent fascinates women.

Quote Originally Posted by staticx View Post
    Got Avant Garde by Lanvin as a gift from my wife few days back, though, I was not very keen to buy it, but she got it for me...my God! what a compliment getter it turned out to be!! Wore it yesterday to a party and got over a dozen compliments from both sexes..
    so the conlusion is simple
    its not a matter of smell but situation

and i need to add recently big hit for ladies Guerlain LID EDT version
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

+1 Encre Noire

It wasn't unsolicited though

a bunch of teenager girls, working in a beauty parlor on, down floor. "sir which is this perfume..?"
    and when i told them ,one of them went downstairs, brought a piece of paper and had me write it for her. Their boss, a very nice and mature lady, "ahhh...it,s terrific".
    I got my creed aventus last week.

- - - Updated - - -

my kids and wife love it too. my son, 12 has been begging me to let him use it for school. had to honor his wish before counselling him on the undesirability of wearing colognes to school.

I had a meeting today with our corporate lawyer.

She is a nice looking young woman. 33 years old, look like Katy Perry, class, sexy and a bright girl.

As soon as she walked in my office :

"Tristan, you smell sooo good today. It's incredible how this perfume fits you well"

And then she came closer to me : "I want to smell it again and again"

She asked me : "Wich perfume it is ?"

I said : Borneo 1834 from Serge Lutens

And we started a conversation about Serge Lutens and his perfumes. She had no idea who is Serge Lutens.

Anyway, Borneo, that I have just recently bought, did bring me one of the most amazing compliment I have ever get in my life...

And this colleague of mine is so sexy.

Thank you Mr Lutens

Today I passed a woman in Macy's. "Goodness! You smell wonderful! What is that?" Turning my head in her direction and smiling as I continued walking, I replied, "Chergui." Her mouth was still open in amazement as I moved on. I smiled to myself because I knew the piece of heaven of which she just got a whiff. Shucks, I'm going to rock it again today!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

Bleu de Chanel and Ed Hardy Love and Luck
    Smell Good, Swag.

http://goo.gl/1KFeA