Code of Conduct
Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,040 of 5992

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

New update:

The very underrated Ferragamo Black, the not so popular Xeryus Rouge, the Escada Magnetism pepsi cola bomb and the ultra cheapy Swiss Army continue being my top compliment getters.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Mine so far is YSL's lomme and Burberry summer.

Carolina Herrera, Issey Miyake summer 2011, Burberry Brit, JPG Le Male Terrible, Prada Infusion D'Homme and Issey Miyake body lotion (the lotion drives women crazy!)

I got myself a compliment at work today. Been the first in a while. Gucci Pour Homme 2 the cause.

Actually,i tell a lie. whenever i go out wearing Frapin 1270, I always get a compliment. But for work day time scent, it's the first compliment for a looong time.

New Update --

Boss Bottled. Say what you about it being entry level, but I started wearing it again and it's fantastic for cold winter days!

Ralph Lauren Explorer, Aventus, Ralph Lauren Polo Black and Chanel Allure Extreme. Those are the frags that have got me the most compliments.

Just got a complement wearing Paul Smith London for men. Coconutty!
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Basenotes Plus

LIDGE got me three compliments a few hours ago.

I had one of those legendary Creed Aventus moments that I failed to believe actually happened. Anyway, last night I wore 2 sprays of Aventus to a Christmas Eve get together with a bunch of friends. About 2 hours into the night, we were all sitting around chatting when one of my guy friends turned round to me and said "I'm gonna be honest...you smell absolutely great!! What is that you're wearing?!" Now this is a guy who wears aftershave quite often but having told him "It's called Creed Aventus" he asked "What? What make are we talking here? Its very attractive, like its a scent that I could see people being attracted towards" I explained it was by a brand called Creed and that there is only one store in Northern Ireland which sells it. He then proceeded to go on about it for 15-20 minutes insisting that everyone there came and caught a whiff of it to see how good it smelled. I have to admit that it was a bit awkward but it was actually really nice to have people compliment me on my fragrance. One girl who smelled it said "Oooohhh...its kinda more-ish, like I feel like I should come back for another smell!" On the whole everyone loved it and it seemed to go down a treat.

I love Aventus myself but until last night I never realised it could have this sort of affect on people. I also feel the need to point out that I have absolutely no affliation to Creed :s
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

pure havane on Christmas Eve

deleted due to complaint from anonymous member
    Last edited by Anť; 26th December 2012 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post
    Another 2 for Aventus.

...., so perhaps it doesn't count.

like you I don't know if this count as compliment... these days I'm on my parents house so my mother washes my clothes well the next day after Christmas she picked up my shirt to wash it, well she smelled it and said wow this smell pretty good... this used to happen a lot with Le Male but this time it was pure havane

well yea I know it's my mom maybe does not count
    Last edited by socalwoman; 26th December 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Was told by a female coworker today that "she wished all men smelled so nice"

Burberry London

Dior Homme Intense(new formulation) was a HUGE hit at my holiday party tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Dior Homme Intense(new formulation) was a HUGE hit at my holiday party tonight.

Basenotes Member Carvalho Diablo's Avatar
    Pompadour Cosmetique Company, Baker Street

I've had a few compliments from the girls I work with over various frags, but the one that garners EASILY the most attention is Lolita Lempicka au Masculine.
    ***My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world : those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.***

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Midnight In Paris
    la Nuit de L'Homme
    Aventus
    Bois du Portugal

Malle - Musc Ravageur
    Tauer - L'air du Desert Marocain
    Creed - GIT
    Chanel - Allure Homme
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Several compliments over the past few days from my newly acquired Pure Malt.

Swiss army
    L'homme by YSL
    ALLURE HOMME SPORT
    Armani code
    Dunhill desire
    Clinique happy

Blog Entries

Got a compliment on Versace PM yesterday while at a Mongolian BBQ waiting in line to have my dish prepared.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Granted it's mostly from female family members, but that is inevitable for me since my workplace is 95% male, and I don't go out to alot of other places. The haters of this frag can say whatever they want, but chicks dig it. And I just figure that some of the haters, well.. how can I say this.. maybe don't want female attention. No offense to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    No offense to anyone.
    None taken.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

PDN New York got an "mmmmm"
    Bel Ami got a "who smells so good"

Cartier Declaration always gives me good compliments

Got a compliment last night while walking on Mill Ave. in Tempe after the UFC fights, a random girl approached me and said I smelled great, like a fresh forest.

She was a hippie chick and I think probably stoned, but it still counts to me!

I was wearing Slumberhouse Norne
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    I had one of those legendary Creed Aventus moments that I failed to believe actually happened. Anyway, last night I wore 2 sprays of Aventus to a Christmas Eve get together with a bunch of friends. About 2 hours into the night, we were all sitting around chatting when one of my guy friends turned round to me and said "I'm gonna be honest...you smell absolutely great!! What is that you're wearing?!" Now this is a guy who wears aftershave quite often but having told him "It's called Creed Aventus" he asked "What? What make are we talking here? Its very attractive, like its a scent that I could see people being attracted towards" I explained it was by a brand called Creed and that there is only one store in Northern Ireland which sells it. He then proceeded to go on about it for 15-20 minutes insisting that everyone there came and caught a whiff of it to see how good it smelled. I have to admit that it was a bit awkward but it was actually really nice to have people compliment me on my fragrance. One girl who smelled it said "Oooohhh...its kinda more-ish, like I feel like I should come back for another smell!" On the whole everyone loved it and it seemed to go down a treat.

I love Aventus myself but until last night I never realised it could have this sort of affect on people. I also feel the need to point out that I have absolutely no affliation to Creed :s
    Where did you apply the scent? I usually do I shot the the chest and the other to the neck but I feel as if I don't get noticed much. Is there a better way to applying Aventus?

A girlfriend of mine gets in my car (I've been yapping to her about my fragrance craze)... "holy shit, you smell sooo goood, so happy that you're finding all these amazing smells".

AVENTUS... F**KN' AVENTUS...

For a man, it's such a powerful scent because it defines masculinity and confidence, imo.
    The butterfly
    perfuming its wings
    fans the orchid

--Basho

Quote Originally Posted by teepeeasel View Post
    A girlfriend of mine gets in my car (I've been yapping to her about my fragrance craze)... "holy shit, you smell sooo goood, so happy that you're finding all these amazing smells".

AVENTUS... F**KN' AVENTUS...

For a man, it's such a powerful scent because it defines masculinity and confidence, imo.

Haha, wearing Aventus in a car with the heaters on (for maximum effect) does indeed bring those compliments. So true!

Curve

Grey Vetiver today.

today on New Year's Eve Terre D'Hermes

True story. Wore Aventus tonight. No one commented on it but the family dog went crazy sniffing my forearm (where I had sprayed it). She wouldn't leave me alone. Guess the *****es really do love the stuff. As far as human females, no compliments yet though I have heard off hand comments like "it smells like cigars" or "smells ashy," which may or may not have been me (having a pinapple heavy/smoke light batch).

Spicebomb - 4 compliments on the first day I put it on and 1 the next day from my gf.
    Burberry London - gets compliments in close quarter situation, like in a bus or subway.
    Dior Homme Intense - have the old formulation and its just a compliment magnet and if they don't say anything they look at you in a way that tells that they like it if not love it. (want to try the new formulation).
    Terre d'Hermes - haven't been around any ladies with this on, but guys do sure love it.

A few days ago, I was in a Chinese buffet restaurant and was getting my receipt from the young cashier. As I proceeded past her to the food/seating area, I was momentarily startled because her head involuntarily jerked back in my direction. I glanced back and saw this fleeting, yearning expression on her countenance as if she really wanted to ask me what I was wearing that smelled so doggone good! Sometimes people don't have to speak for you to know. Chergui.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Bergamote 22/Verdon Au Toilette.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    True story. Wore Aventus tonight. No one commented on it but the family dog went crazy sniffing my forearm (where I had sprayed it). She wouldn't leave me alone. Guess the *****es really do love the stuff. As far as human females, no compliments yet though I have heard off hand comments like "it smells like cigars" or "smells ashy," which may or may not have been me (having a pinapple heavy/smoke light batch).
    Man the SAME thing happened to me last summer! i posted the below back then..

EIGHT!!! : good lord were you trying to gas everyone in the place? i made the mistake of applying 3 sprays and got complaints that i had on too much cologne (a dog also repeatedly tried to hump the heck out of my leg out of a group of 10 people) and i have never repeated that error. 2 sprays max and I'm good to go.

I love the way it smells, if someone else smells it and compliments me, good if not just catching that occasional whiff throughout the day is enough for me.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/303...rouble-at-work

Well, the ones my wife compliments the most are A*Men Taste of Fragrance, La Nuit de L'homme, Original Santal/Mont Blanc Individuel, and Tobacco Vanille. The fragrance that has gotten me the most compliments per capita from strangers and friends is Interlude Man. I seriously couldn't believe it; almost every person I interacted with loved it! Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    It's quite normal : http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-6564173.html

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceBros View Post
    Well, the ones my wife compliments the most are A*Men Taste of Fragrance, La Nuit de L'homme, Original Santal/Mont Blanc Individuel, and Tobacco Vanille. The fragrance that has gotten me the most compliments per capita from strangers and friends is Interlude Man. I seriously couldn't believe it; almost every person I interacted with loved it! Amazing.
    Interlude Man??? I have to say that is the last scent i would think woudl be universally loved ...its a strange one!

Two compliments today for Yatagan. Both female with one in her mid 20's.

YSL La nuit de l'homme
    le male
    givenchy play intense
    kouros

As far as compliments go, Mont Blanc legend gets A Ttttttttoonnnn of them....

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    As far as compliments go, Mont Blanc legend gets A Ttttttttoonnnn of them....
    That is fantastic. In my opinion, one of the great upsides of this hobby is that you can wear something FAR nicer than MB Legend, actually enjoy wearing the cologne far more, and still get the compliments.

Check out:

Armani Acqua di Gio
    Armani Code ... and
    Creed Aventus.

I think you would enjoy any of them much more and still get the compliments.

Best,

TJ

Chanel Allure Homme Sport has been getting me compliments without failure

I own many expensive niche scents at this point, but the one that has drawn the most compliments is Terre d'Hermes EDT.

A very enthusiastic unsolicited compliment last night from a date on Fahrenheit. It's the first time I've been complimented on that one, but I don't wear it that often. Frankly, I don't wear it often enough! God, I love Fahrenheit.

A few compliments today at the office with Coney Island.

"mmm you smell good", "it smells good in here, it smells like man", & "it smells really good in our office!....it's you isn't it?"

Coney Island...it rules

Where aventus stories? I luv them!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pav View Post
    Where aventus stories? I luv them!!
    Speaking of which, I've been wearing a lot of aventus lately.

I went to a cathouse once and the woman left her pole to tell me how good I smelled.

An attractive woman offered to pay for my entire shopping cart at Shop Rite just to put her nose by my shirt.

The reason why so many people immigrate to America is because I'm wearing a lot of Aventus and all the ladies come from different countries to smell me.

Last night, I was walking down the hallway in a building when a friend, sniffing, exclaimed, " Wow, what is that you have on? It is really nice. I'd like to get some of that for my husband!" Chergui hasn't let me down yet. Good work, son. Now, only if your brothers could be more consistent.......
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Bergamote 22/Verdon Au Toilette.

My co worker walked into the office this morning and she said "you smell really fresh, what is that?" I was wearing Gendarme 20.

@craniumbash : 4 compliments in one day is pretty good. Where did you buy spicebomb? Im not a fan of blindbuying and would love to try this out and possibly add to my collection .
    Collection: Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, Versace Dreamer, Chanel Plantinum Egoiste, Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio, John Varvatos + Vintage, Dior Homme Intense, Givenchy Pi, Paul Smith London, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, Cool Water Deep Blue, Aquolina Blue Sugar, Bod, Rochas Man, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chrome Azzaro, Armani Code

I've had many compliments from workmates, I have had compliments from wearing CH Men, Le Male, Chanel BdC and the best was from... Aventus.. a woman about 5ft away asked me to come over and then proceeded to ask what I was wearing, and a few weeks later a young woman who has never complimented me said 'You smell really nice' then proceeded to get closer and take a whiff, my most recent was from my brother for wearing Versace Pour Homme though.

L'Air du Desert Marocain.

I got a compliment while out to breakfast. Actually, I got a compliment before breakfast arrived. Once bacon hits the table, there's no smelling anything else. Yay, LDDM (and yay BACON!)

Mont Blanc Individuel and YLS l'homme...but I haven't been abusing DHI yet so who knows :-)

G.Armani Code PH, Escada Magnetism for Men, L`Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, V&R Spicebomb, Amouage Jubilation XXV Men

"what do you wash your clothes with, it smells f*****g nice!" lol it wasnt my clothes........it was my first day at work of wearing a generous amount of Hanae Mori.

Love the drydown of this stuff, it gets quite smokey (think Aventus) on my skin.

CologneFan85

A woman at sunset Blvd said I smell "very nice" when I was wear D&G The One Gentleman the other day...its been great on compliments.

2 compliments in the last week on the newest addition to my wardrobe, Cartier's Declaration.

Wife loves Swiss Army on me...

Quote Originally Posted by jenifier View Post
    you can go for Marquis and Cubs' perfumes to make attentioon of anybody on you
    marquis ?
    ''Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'' L. Da Vinci