Code of Conduct
Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,100 of 6355

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Drakkar Noir.

Just kidding, although it does bring in compliments.
    Most received so far would be L'eau D'Issey and Versace Pour Homme from women.
    From men I get the most compliments on Le Male and Acqua di Gio Essenza.

Most recent compliments were for Spicebomb and Cartier's Declaration, but the one that has netted the most compliments in general...Boss in Motion.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I get comps on all except dunehill desire blue even tho i like it lol . I dont owne armani code but sprayed it at maceys and the drydown is super good and my femme friends loved it . I know its a common sent but wow is it good . Another good one is le male lightlly 2 sprayed as its powerfull cinnimon on me . Check my watdrobe . When in doubt go for the medusa and give em hell.

Can wait to try out my latest purchase this weekend - SPICEBOMB
    Collection:
    Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit, Thierry Mugler Pure Havane, Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, Versace Dreamer, Chanel Plantinum Egoiste, Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio, John Varvatos + Vintage, Dior Homme Intense, Givenchy Pi, Paul Smith London, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, Cool Water Deep Blue, Aquolina Blue Sugar, Bod, Rochas Man, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chrome Azzaro, Armani Code

Went for dinner 30 minutes after applying and two of the waitstaff said very nice things about my cologne. First time that's ever happened to me.

I received a compliment for Prada Luna Rossa last week. He didn't refer to is specifically, but he smelled the air and said "Oh you always smell so good". I was wearing Luna Rossa at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mortl View Post
    @craniumbash : 4 compliments in one day is pretty good. Where did you buy spicebomb? Im not a fan of blindbuying and would love to try this out and possibly add to my collection .
    I got it for my birthday and it was the last bottle the store had and it was a cosmetic+perfume store in my area.
    Last edited by craniumbash; 19th January 2013 at 08:08 AM.

Still Aventus.

My buddy Angelo's wife Lisa couldn't stopp sniffing me last night. Countless compliments from her.....

Bvlgari Extreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I received a compliment for Prada Luna Rossa last week. He didn't refer to is specifically, but he smelled the air and said "Oh you always smell so good". I was wearing Luna Rossa at the time.
    I was recently talking to some ladies at the perfume counter.
    They advised me to buy Luna Rossa. They love it on a guy.
    One was a sales person, the other a customer.
    Just saying...

I'm giving away my age and feel free to laugh if you want too, but hands down, without question, I've had more compliments with Obsession for Men than any other (even now). Among others, I own Gio, M7 and TF Oud Wood and none of them get that kind of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post

Went for dinner 30 minutes after applying and two of the waitstaff said very nice things about my cologne. First time that's ever happened to me.
    Women love Aventus. Even when I can't smell it anymore and think it's gone, women continue to make comments about how they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post

How/where did you apply it? How many sprays?

I don't get compliments, I'm an American living in France and i'm under the impression that French people don't compliment on how well you smell (we all know potentially why-french stereotype)

I guess I'd have to be around other Americans or at least other anglophones for them to appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur View Post
    I don't get compliments, I'm an American living in France and i'm under the impression that French people don't compliment on how well you smell (we all know potentially why-french stereotype)

I guess I'd have to be around other Americans or at least other anglophones for them to appreciate it.
    A pleasant smell is still pleasant, even if no person comments.

Smile.

Be happy.

You will attract the right people to you.

You could also try complementing others.

some people might think that complimenting others (fragrance, clothes or whatever) as a sign of 'invasion of privacy'

true story
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

I always compliment, especially to the womensss.. But i don't think it's customary in French culture to do so, maybe if you're already acquainted, but nothing like the randomness that i've witness in back at home in the U.S.

I'm pretty sure some chick was following me around chasing my scent trail at an H&M the other day tho..

Well there is 24 page long thread about shit quality control of this perfum
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...33#post2820933

Whenever you buy perfum you don't need to find out about lot number blah blah but Creed Aventus failed badly. I might have picked up lucky bottle

Black XS L'Exces
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by reinhard5490 View Post
    some people might think that complimenting others (fragrance, clothes or whatever) as a sign of 'invasion of privacy'

true story

Zara Gold, not that cheap, not that glamour, but received the most compliment.
    Last edited by neparlepas; 25th January 2013 at 05:59 AM.
    winter: Body Kouros
    summer : guerlain vetiver

Yesterday, a female coworker complimented me on... Fresco, 6 hours after bathing myself on it (8 sprays easy).
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
    Or what's a heaven for?"

- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"

Quote Originally Posted by bluecore View Post
    Yesterday, a female coworker complimented me on... Fresco, 6 hours after bathing myself on it (8 sprays easy).
    Lol are you serious?
    and plenty of compliments on la nuit

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5011 View Post
    Lol are you serious?
    Yep. I was kind of surprised too.
    Or what's a heaven for?"

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5011 View Post
    Lol are you serious?
    Yep. I was kind of surprised too.
    Or what's a heaven for?"

Basenotes Plus

I applied 5 or so dabs of a sample at 8:30 AM. Met up with my girlfriend at around 7:30

As we were hugging she goes: "Oh! I like this!"

So I guess Aventus works. I was surprised that she did because I wasn't all that impressed with it. I did like the dry-down considerably more than the opening, so I agree with her on that.

Basenotes Plus

I applied 5 or so dabs of a sample at 8:30 AM. Met up with my girlfriend at around 7:30 PM

As we were hugging she goes: "Oh! I like this!"

So I guess Aventus works. I was surprised that she did because I wasn't all that impressed with it. I did like the dry-down considerably more than the opening, so I agree with her on that.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i put on 12 sprays of fresco by ilum dean at 8am. i got tons of compliments at 10am from women.

i came home 8pm with several STD's

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    i put on 12 sprays of fresco by ilum dean at 8am. i got tons of compliments at 10am from women.

i came home 8pm with several STD's
    So glad I blind-ordered that bottle a couple days ago. #mypeniswillgetwornout

Omg thanks to this thread. I didnt know about fresco by ilum. I must try it soon xD

edited Well it is difficult do sample it in Europe
    Last edited by zZMoonLightZz; 25th January 2013 at 11:29 PM.

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De "Lhomme

Yesterday shopping at Lowes, cute cashier, the classic "You smell really good!!" Bleu de Chanel strikes again!
    PS Yah, yah I know if it had been Aventus I would have gotten a phone number and an extra discount, hehe.

Chalk one up for L'Air du Desert Marocain. The longevity on L'ADDM is outstanding. I wore it on a date last night and she really enjoyed it. In fact, she complimented me on it at least 8 hours after I'd put it on. Maybe closer to 9. I wore 3 sprays plus a 4th as a light mist to walk through. I've only had a few chances to wear this one so far, so I'm still learning it, but wow am I pleased with this purchase. L'ADDM is excellent.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Walked into my doctors office yesterday. Registered with the nurse and took a seat. A single patient in the waiting area and as I sit she says."Sir I do not know what you are wearing but it smells beautiful". Said to her, maam it's called Trussardi Uomo. She said never heard of it.

this morning from an HR lady in the office. I am wearing Straight to Heaven from by Kilian. I was not sure this fragrance would do the magic. It starts to sharp to me but dry down is great……. I started to think to purchase it…… since I am using a sample today
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

I had just arrived at a SuperBowl party. A woman was walking by on her way to the kitchen area when she abruptly pivoted around and started following her nose. She stopped in front of me and said, "Oooooh, you're smelling so good tonight!" That's why Chergui is "top dog" in my rotation.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Jardin d' Amalfi, DHI, Clive Christian X,, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

[QUOTE=Connoisseur;1253773]I had a dinner date interrupted last week by a waitress that wasn't our own. Apparently I had walked by her coming in and she just had to know what fragrance I was wearing. She was so cute and apologetic for the interruption. I told her it was Millesime Imperial by Creed. She smiled and handed me a piece of paper and a pen asking if I could write down the name for her. She asked me where I got it and how much it cost me so I told her about Ebay and roughly the price to expect to pay. She shrugged it off saying she would pay anything to have her boyfriend smell like that.

-----------------

Great story, man! I think I will have to give this a try.
    damon j walker

Probably YSL L'Homme. Got a compliment today while wearing L'Homme. I was surprised as I barely ever get compliments. I use to spray very lightly so that ppl around me can barely smell my scent.

Either Aventus or Dior Homme Intense. Aventus causes people to stand noticeably closer...and you can notice deeper breaths being taken...haha! DHI actually gets people talking though.

I occassionally layer two relatively inexpensive fragrances (Unforgiveable and Polo Black) and have gotten some amazing compliments from women - both ladies that I know and complete strangers. One of my patients told me that my fragrance was the kind of smell that makes her want to put on some lingerie and say "come on, let's go." I'm a married man so I have to be cautious about eliciting those kinds of compliments!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I occassionally layer two relatively inexpensive fragrances (Unforgiveable and Polo Black) and have gotten some amazing compliments from women - both ladies that I know and complete strangers. One of my patients told me that my fragrance was the kind of smell that makes her want to put on some lingerie and say "come on, let's go." I'm a married man so I have to be cautious about eliciting those kinds of compliments!!!!
    Hmm, i have these 2 but never thought about layering them. I gotta try this. Did you equally spray both or one more than the other?
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Banned
    Blog Entries

allure extreme, any armani and most oriental and gourmands,example most women love chocolate and vanilla

YSL l'homme use to get me soo many compliments in '09-'11.. i walked into work one day sat at my station.. and the lady next to me said "oh you smell gooooooood,"

I'm like you can smell? So i leaned in and let her smell the base of my neck and popped my shirt open.. She replies with "oooh you just made my nipples hard"

Now granted she's candid, and I'm on that level with her, but still.. Way before i was into frags.

- - - Updated - - -

YSL l'homme use to get me soo many compliments in '09-'11.. i walked into work one day sat at my station.. and the lady next to me said "oh you smell gooooooood,"

I'm like you can smell? So i leaned in and let her smell the base of my neck and popped my shirt open.. She replies with "oooh you just made my nipples hard"

Now granted she's candid, and I'm on that level with her, but still.. Way before i was into frags.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

note to self: Buy HUGE bottle of YSL L'Homme
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

These stories are funny. I just wore Aventus for a week...on train to work, at work, after work, in front of wife and kids..and it was strong batch...and I got nothing. Maybe they don't like pineapple..because even I got sick of it.

Last female compliment I got was actually from TdH when I leaned over a coworkers desk to help on a project and was told I smelled good. That's it...sans nipple hardness.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

After 6 hours of spraying this perfume, I got a complement from a female coworker sitting around 1 meter from me.

Female Coworker: Wow! You smell amazing! What is it ?

Me : It is Creed Aventus, I bought it from..... It is quit expensive.

Female Coworker: Thanks, I will visit ..... to test this wonderful fragrance. It is really good.

The other female workers come to sniff me and agree that I smell great.

It is 3 sprays of Aventus in the morning, now it is 2 PM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

It's been a while for me now. Probably at least 8 months.

Aventus today from a lovely Polish women, she said 'your perfume smells nice' and smiled I replied back in her language and said thank-you and she said 'prosze'

I got a good one yesterday while wearing my Green Irish Tweed.

Dior Homme Intense AGAIN at work today!

So it's safe to say that Aventus has pretty much just taken this thread by storm.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    So it's safe to say that Aventus has pretty much just taken this thread by shotcaller.
    fixed.

Blog Entries

Received an enthusiastic compliment from a female colleague yesterday morning. A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler.

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    So it's safe to say that Aventus has pretty much just taken this thread by storm.
    The hype has. Aventus gets compliments for some people, but if you read around the forums, you'll notice that many of us who own it get no compliments on it at all. Hanae Mori HM and Tauer's L'ADDM both get me tons of compliments. Aventus? Nothin'. I do enjoy Aventus very much though, but it's something I wear for me. When I need a date scent, I reach for something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    These stories are funny. I just wore Aventus for a week...on train to work, at work, after work, in front of wife and kids..and it was strong batch...and I got nothing. Maybe they don't like pineapple..because even I got sick of it.
    That's been my experience as well.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

I think scents just work differently on people. Aventus on some people just smell really good (also depending on batch number), and on others its just ok (and some batches just suck.). Personally i've gotten massive amounts of compliments wearing Aventus. Next to that its probably bleu de chanel which im starting to hate when i wear it. Even tho i get lots of compliments the scent is starting to make me feel sick to my stomach when i wear it.....=( DHI is great too for compliments, though i noticed asian women don't seem to dig it that much, but white girls seem to love the scent. Just an observation =P
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Aventus is a weird one for me. On the one hand its a scent that always gets a really good reaction from my girlfriend, but of all the scents I own my brother always tells me it smells disgusting and actually requests i wash it off. But then he says the same of Jubilation XXV so what does he know?!

In a way, I feel bad for Aventus, lol.
    It has become a legendary compliment-getter scent,
    I'm sure with good reason, but like others, I've worn it a lot (a good batch too)
    and never been complimented on it.

I think it's an excellent scent, and I enjoy wearing for my own pleasure (like all of my frags)
    but PLEASE...don't buy it thinking it's going to be an automatic compliment getter or "panty dropper"
    because it may very well not. Sample it first, and if you like it, then buy it--because YOU like it.

On a side note: I'm going to bring out the current formulation of Dior Homme Intense for a date tomorrow night.
    We'll see how it goes. I like it a lot, and think it's very close to the vintage version in quality.

Got complimented by two gorgeous friends at work today.

Green Irish Tweed

Starting to think it may have the edge on Aventus for me.

Ok, so a female client walked into my office earlier, saying "It smells really nice and sweet in here...almost like vanilla, or a sweet pastry...what is that?"

Tobacco Vanille. Hahaha!

I have received compliments from DHI and Aventus, but the most compliments I received (I don't have Aventus and DHI that long so it can be that they will outshine this one on the long run) is KAIAK PULSO by NATURA (Brazilian made perfume that I bought in Paris), it's a flanker from the famous fragrance (in Brazil at least) KAIAK. The original one is ok but nothing exceptional, but the flanker is just great, has AMAZING sillage and longevity. I never read one review about this one, only review of a NATURA perfume was from the original. I advise you all to have a sniff if you can find this one, perfect for spring and summer.

I never really understand people who say they 'allways' receive compliments from people when they wear a certain cologne, that just doesn't exist imo. I think that the people they talk about are their mother or sisters :-). For me a real compliment only counts if you don't really know the other person. Remember also : if people on sites like this make it sound like everytime you put on a certain fragrance women come flocking to you ... they are paid by that company. Fragrances don't get you in those situations, it's only a personal preference or a tool to add value imo.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Speaking of which, I've been wearing a lot of aventus lately.

I went to a cathouse once and the woman left her pole to tell me how good I smelled.
    All kidding aside, this kinda happened to me last year in Thailand.

I was at a gogo bar, and one of the 'dancers' who passed a few metres from me suddenly stopped, then started sniffing around. She kept sniffing through the guys around me (I'm of Indian extraction, and the general consensus I've seen people have is that Indians are smelly, so she initially discounted me as the source), before she finally realises it's me, then sits down to compliment my smell as amazing and ask about it in broken English. She'd never heard of Aventus, but I doubt she'd recognise even common designer frags.