Code of Conduct
Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,160 of 5721
    Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrage View Post
    Got complimented by two gorgeous friends at work today.

Green Irish Tweed

Starting to think it may have the edge on Aventus for me.

I feel like one can never go wrong with GIT. Smells masculine, clean, and good!

Post Thanks / Like

For men who want to learn what fragrances attract women, there is a good post by acceptfacts early in this thread. It's good reading and a great starting point.

It would be nice to get back to that kind of discussion with breakdowns of many fragrances grouped together.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

Post Thanks / Like

Would be interested in hearing how women react to Amouage Jubilation XXV? I am a total amateur, but I gather from this thread that women love masculine clean scents. If Aventus is masculine clean, APLS and Musc Ravageur are masculine dirty, then Jubilation is masculine refined to me, if that makes sense. However I'm not sure how it is perceived by the fairer sex.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Original Santal. I've gotten more compliments on this than I have Aventus, personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    For men who want to learn what fragrances attract women, there is a good post by acceptfacts early in this thread. It's good reading and a great starting point.

It would be nice to get back to that kind of discussion with breakdowns of many fragrances grouped together.
    thank you for mentioning me...i was randomly going to post and somehow saw my name.

Back to the modern classic - Versace Dreamer = for winter time/going out this gem is good from the first minute(dont listen to those that say that first 10 minutes is insufferable) gets constant responses and sensual inquiries....interestingly enough although still popular no female ever comes close to guessing the name.

Creed Chez Bond - for a date(especially warmer weather) - a much more refined, sweeter, smoother version of Irish Tweed...females adore this and its great strength is its smoothness, you never have to worry about over applying.

Black XS L'excess - a flanker to original XS, its a much fruitier version of the original, with the woods turned down and fruits turned up, it doesnt have a 'sports' flanker feel at all, however i do recommend layering it with something woodsy or spicy, to give it more kick.....still great for summer time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflyfu View Post
    Would be interested in hearing how women react to Amouage Jubilation XXV? I am a total amateur, but I gather from this thread that women love masculine clean scents. If Aventus is masculine clean, APLS and Musc Ravageur are masculine dirty, then Jubilation is masculine refined to me, if that makes sense. However I'm not sure how it is perceived by the fairer sex.

lightly put it gets a very strong, positive reaction....not for the teen/early twenties crowd....
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Was at work yesterday, I'm an english assistant..

I walk into the classroom, the teacher follows 5 or so feet behind me, I stop and as she walks past she says "Oh that smells LOVELY"

Tom Ford- Oud Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    lightly put it gets a very strong, positive reaction....not for the teen/early twenties crowd....
    hmm, that puts me in a predicament, since I am 25 so just exiting the early twenties crowd. As much as I enjoy it, I equally enjoy leaving a good impression on people around me (who are usually my age)...

heck I'll still wear it though

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Since it's Valentine's Day I wanted to wear a rose scent. Got an unsolicited compliment for Portrait of a Lady. First time wearing this and used only 1 spray!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireflyfu View Post
    I'm just guessing as I work my way through a large sample, but... It's really going to depend on the woman. In my experience, younger women and/or more modern women tend to like the playful stuff such as Hanae Mori H.M. or the sweet drydown of an amber scent like Ambre Sultan or L'ADDM. On the other hand, older women and/or more traditional or conservative women tend to prefer more masculine scents on a man, such as Gucci Pour Homme (2003) or even Fahrenheit. I'm guessing JXXV falls into the later group, but that's just a guess. Obviously, every woman is unique, so the best you can do is make an educated guess based on her personality and style, and even then, it's still just a guess.

How's that for being not helpful at all? Grin. Sorry!

UPDATE: Jubilation XXV was a strike out for me in terms of compliments, etc. I enjoy the scent, but the reactions I got were meh at best. L'ADDM, on the other hand, continues to be a big hit.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 23rd February 2013 at 07:29 PM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Post Thanks / Like

I've had some nice feedback on Dior Homme (new formulation) lately. Usually my managers (all female) just say I smell good with other fragrances but I wore DH on Tuesday and Thursday and they went nuts.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry just have to add yet another aventus story. This stuff works all day everyday for me, time and time again. wore 3 sprays today, was at a coffeeshop just doing work, a couple of girls walked past me, stopped, and said, wow, someone smells REAALLY good around here. LoL. I'd normally make eye contact and etc etc, but i was doing work and didn't want the distraction, haha.
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

got a compliment while wearing bleu de chanel. seems to work pretty well

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Versace Dreamer smells good but i dont really like the projection of it and thats probably why i dont wear it alot - Prefer colognes like DHI those in your face colognes
    Collection: Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, Versace Dreamer, Chanel Plantinum Egoiste, Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio, John Varvatos + Vintage, Dior Homme Intense, Givenchy Pi, Paul Smith London, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, Cool Water Deep Blue, Aquolina Blue Sugar, Bod, Rochas Man, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chrome Azzaro, Armani Code

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never had anything positive said when wearing Aventus, yesterday I got told it smelt like a pencil case.

I'm by no means a frag expert. But I've noticed the ones that have gotten me the "You smell SO good" comments from the female contingent are definitely the designer stuff. Could be the familiarity of the stylistic components, or it could be that the designers stick to the some basic "middle ground" rather than pushing the envelope (I could be completely talking out of my a&&, as again, I'm no expert).

In no particular order, unsolicited comments have been for Azzaro Chrome (multiple), Obsession (going back about 7 years), VS Very Sexy for Him II, Curve, and lately, Ferragamo Black. Obviously nothing high end on this list.

I've sampled the Creed stuff, GIT and Aventus. Nice stuff, but hasn't garnered any compliments. Not that they won't, but just hasn't happened.

Two of my current favorites, Varvatos orginal and Varvatos Artisan, are fantastic, to me. But neither have elicited the "Wow" stuff like the list above.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

MC6576: Varvatos cologne is great I feel like it is very underappreciated and doesnt get the recognition it deserves... You should definately check out Varvatos Vintage.. Probably my fav between the two I need to check out Artisan still

- - - Updated - - -

Hanae Mori !!! Went to a house party last night and this girl was comparing My friends cologne to my cologne and she said my friend smelled like clean laundry and said i smelled like sex lol she couldnt stop sniffing me - HM GO BUY IT
    Collection: Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, Versace Dreamer, Chanel Plantinum Egoiste, Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio, John Varvatos + Vintage, Dior Homme Intense, Givenchy Pi, Paul Smith London, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, Cool Water Deep Blue, Aquolina Blue Sugar, Bod, Rochas Man, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chrome Azzaro, Armani Code

Quote Originally Posted by mortl View Post
    MC6576: Varvatos cologne is great I feel like it is very underappreciated and doesnt get the recognition it deserves... You should definately check out Varvatos Vintage.. Probably my fav between the two I need to check out Artisan still

- - - Updated - - -

Hanae Mori !!! Went to a house party last night and this girl was comparing My friends cologne to my cologne and she said my friend smelled like clean laundry and said i smelled like sex lol she couldnt stop sniffing me - HM GO BUY IT
    mortl: Yes, Varvatos Vintage is great stuff. I just don't like wearing anything with a tobacco note for some reason. Love smelling the Vintage, just not on me, if that makes any sense...And yeah, definitely check out Artisan. Actually I'm really surprised it hasn't garnered any female comments, because as you mentioned in your story, many women love "clean" scents, and Artisan is clean and "soapy". I love it as an everyday frag.
    Last edited by mc6576; 18th February 2013 at 02:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a compliment on Wonderwood today by a friend. That was nice.

I like the scent, but I got a really bad comment on it from a female friend 'it smells like an old man' haven't been able to wear it ever since

Post Thanks / Like

HM is quite candy sweet, dont know how she got old man lol but hey everyones different. I was once told i smelled like Deep Heat cream, really strong. I was wearing Aventus.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

le male.

generally, i find that women think it's borderline feminine on a guy, but they still like a lot.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Today, 2 compliments (which is rare for me) on vintage Giorgio Beverly Hills for men, both from older women in their sixties.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good for getting cougars i would assume

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

One that totally surprised me: Turle Vetiver Back.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say that I've been complimented mostly whilst wearing Hermes Un Jardin Apres La Mousson Eau De Toilette. I would recommend it, although a little pricey at times!
    The London Perfume Company

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Post Thanks / Like

Aventus
    Bleu de Chanel
    Hugo Boss Bottled (No. 6) (I personally dont like this but got compliments, I even sold the bottle after getting compliments cuz I dont like it!)
    PM/PH
    Gucci PH2

+1 for La Nuit
    But we were in bed, so not sure if that counts...

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear wife who "never" compliments any of my pricier frags complimented me wearing Mont Blanc Individuel twice today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    Dear wife who "never" compliments any of my pricier frags complimented me wearing Mont Blanc Individuel twice today!
    My wife always loved that one. I now wear Creed OS which is very similar.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lynx/Axe Dark Temptation.

Seriously. Its in my gym bag and its without doubt the most commented on.

Kind of proves that the majority have very unrefined tastes. Or that the fat girl inside the women in the gym are craving chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

It's time for me to give back to the community.

I have had many good reactions to Le Male. Women of all ages love this. I recieved compliments from 20 year old women and 50 year old women. The best reactions come during the dry down when the rich creamy vanilla shines. The reformulated version lacks the deep vanilla, so try finding something that was made prior to summer 2012.

Tobacco Vanille is loved by all women I know. I recieve more compliments wearing Tobacco Vanille than any other fragrance. Every time I wear this at least 2 women will tell me how good I smell. Women flirt with me when I wear TV.

I have recieved many good reaction when wearing Aventus. I do not get as many compliments as when I wear a vanilla gourmand, but it is a pleasant scent and women enjoy smelling it.

Acqua Di Gio is another good compliment getter. I get more compliments from Acqua Di Gio than from Aventus. There are women out there who love AdG. It does not matter that many guys wear this, the women who love AdG don't care if you smell like many other men, they love the scent.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

I never believed the aventus stories until i experienced it. I had got a split from BN itself and when i wore it, the girl whom i met couldnt stop sniffing me. everytime we meet, she asks me to wear aventus and come

Post Thanks / Like

My new "masculine" Bois d'Orage and Pure Oud haven't gotten any compliments yet, but I've worn my new "feminine" Noir de Noir (black rose) about 5 times and gotten compliments from strangers 4 times.

Why do I even try?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharathms View Post
    I never believed the aventus stories until i experienced it. I had got a split from BN itself and when i wore it, the girl whom i met couldnt stop sniffing me. everytime we meet, she asks me to wear aventus and come
    Wow!...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    Hope that occurs to me too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    +1 for La Nuit
    But we were in bed, so not sure if that counts...
    anyway you've been successfull!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MTB79 View Post
    Lynx/Axe Dark Temptation.

Seriously. Its in my gym bag and its without doubt the most commented on.

Kind of proves that the majority have very unrefined tastes.
    Not necessarily. I've seen a few people here on basenotes that I really respect comment on that one smelling good. Just because it's a cheapie doesn't mean it smells bad. (AXE is cheap, right? I have no idea, having never worn or even seen the stuff)

Aventus without a doubt garners the most compliments and comments, from both men and women. Others that have gotten multiple compliments are CC 1872, Amber Oud and Straight to Heaven from the Kilian line.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 on both of those. I've gotten compliments on Varvatos original, which really is an underrated masculine scent. And Hanae Mori is, at least for me, a can't-go-wrong date scent. Women seem to love the stuff, and best of all, the EdT can be had pretty cheaply online.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a compliment at an LA Museum by a lady. I was wearing vintage DHI. Told her it was "Christian Dior Vintage" though to confuse her. Don't want too many other people wearing this stuff.

Default Re: What's your go-to ladykiller fragrance?

You really made my day. I can't stop laughing.

Post Thanks / Like

I was visiting relatives when someone entering the room bellowed, "Alright, whose baking the cake!" By that time I had entered the kitchen and knew he must've picked up my sillage. I didn't know how to take it when folks laughed so I kept my trap shut. However, I knew it was me. Dulcis In Fundo. Later that night, a young woman complimented me directly at dinner. It's sweet but I think it's a lady killer late at night.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Tuscan Leather, Reflection Man, Midnight In Paris, Geir Ness, Pure Havane, DHI, Costume National 21, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Verdon Eau de Toilett

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I like most Polo Blue because it generates lots of compliments and I feel comfort with it though many people recommend Lauder Pleasures and Boss Elements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Got a compliment at an LA Museum by a lady. I was wearing vintage DHI. Told her it was "Christian Dior Vintage" though to confuse her. Don't want too many other people wearing this stuff.

I gotta try this, but I'll keep a low profile too
    winter: Body Kouros
    summer : guerlain vetiver

Chalk up two more for Aventus and Green Irish Tweed. Bought a bottle of Aventus two or three days ago, first time I wore it to work was yesterday. While sitting in the office, where my boss had just sprayed some aerosol deodorant/disinfectant after cleaning, a coworker came in and commented on the whole room smelling great. My boss started to talk about how she had just cleaned up, but my coworker clarified:

"Oh no, I didn't mean the aerosol deodorant, I meant arindam43. I love it when he walks into a room, he makes the whole room smell great!"

This is after a month of wearing GIT fairly frequently and Aventus for just a day. I've had multiple "somebody around here smells fantastic, who is it?" moments at work with GIT as well.

On a previous occasion where I applied a sample of Aventus - a social work gathering at a bowling alley - I also had my boss come within 6 inches of me, pull my shirt, sniff it from about 1 cm away, and tell me I smell great with her husband standing about one foot away from her. Any scent that can have that kind of an effect is worth its weight in gold for me.

I personally love these two scents as well, so they completely deserve their spots at the top of the compliments tally, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sharathms View Post
    I would never deny Aventus draws compliments because I've been thru that experience, but really??

Got a sample of Musc ravageur and ask the opinion of couple of girls here in the bank, and they almost puke...very disgusting ...
    Last edited by greek3301; 26th February 2013 at 11:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/325...tian-Dior-quot
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

The following 3:

TdH Pure Parfum (especially the slightly minty note)
    Creed OC / PWC
    Creed Original Vetiver

Post Thanks / Like

OMG.......laughing so much !!!
    It's a small world, basenotes !
    " If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun ". Katharine Hepburn.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    OMG.......laughing so much !!!
    It's a small world, basenotes !
    I was just joking here, based on the other thread. Thought people would get a good laugh. I'm not the guy.

Rochas Man
    Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Post Thanks / Like

I was just joking here, based on the other thread. Thought people would get a good laugh. I'm not the guy.
    I was amused and lol'ed.

One of the better pranks.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

Post Thanks / Like

......good, that means my 2 hunches could be right after all !
    Please explain to the lady who posted that you were only joking, otherwise she may buy DHI blind and be disappointed....!
    " If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun ". Katharine Hepburn.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

three hot college girls walked by me and they all said how great i smelled.

i was wearing secretions magnifiques.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme works for me alot of the time

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wearing Aventus, and I smelled so good, that three guys followed me into a dark alley, beat the crap out of me, and took my wallet. Hot.

How many sprays are you guys using of Aventus?

Post Thanks / Like

3 sprays and im good.

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised when an elderly lady asked me which cologne I was wearing? She said said that you smell great and she has never smelled anything better....it was CdG 2 EDP. I'd applied only 2 sprays on my neck...
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Artisan
    2. Mugler Cologne
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Pure Shot
    5. Burberry Touch
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Bvlgari pHE
    9. TdH
    0. YSL Libre