Code of Conduct
Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,220 of 5721

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Girl I've been dating for the last couple weeks couldn't stop smelling me last night. I was wearing Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme, this stuff works great.

Post Thanks / Like

L'eau d'issey pour homme has been working great for me lately. Havent worn it in months but decided to put it back in the rotation a couple weeks ago. I forgot how great this stuff is. Got a compliment from my wife (who never compliments me on cologne) and 2 people at work. Been wearing it for the past 5 days now. I know its more of a summer scent but its working well in colder weather right now.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Just got a new bottle of YSL L'Homme and got a compliment the first night I wore it. It ended up being a pretty good night . I like it a lot! Very classy!

My first day with Creed - Aventus from a decant I bought. Even tho I was disappointed by Aventus, since I had big expectations from it because of the hype here on BN, thinking that maybe I haven't got a good batch I had a nice surprise at work when two women from different offices asked me what's the name of the fragrance I'm wearing 'cause it smell good. Two compliments at work I think that's a first time .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coney718 View Post
    L'eau d'issey pour homme has been working great for me lately. Havent worn it in months but decided to put it back in the rotation a couple weeks ago. I forgot how great this stuff is. Got a compliment from my wife (who never compliments me on cologne) and 2 people at work. Been wearing it for the past 5 days now. I know its more of a summer scent but its working well in colder weather right now.
    Got this frag in a swap recently. It will definitely be a winner in the coming warmer months.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    three hot college girls walked by me and they all said how great i smelled.

i was wearing secretions magnifiques.
    Nice. Do you also apply 5 on neck and 3 on butt, as I do ?
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

+2 Dior Homme reformulated
    When I first tried the reformulated version version , it would not project on my skin at all. But this time I sprayed it on my jacket and it was a beast! I got a compliment from my date immediately. 2 day later it was start projecting. Just today, I had another compliment from the scent of my jacket, 5 days after I sprayed it on!

Also +1 Allure Homme Sport and Le Male

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to my dealer to get some hash last night..His girlfriend and her friend said:"Wow !! You smell delicious!"

Pure Havane

+1 Acqua di Gio

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Dzing!

Default creed silver mountan water

creed silver mountan water really works for me. i guess women tend to love clean and fresh smell on men.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I would never deny Aventus draws compliments because I've been thru that experience, but really??

Trust me, it did happen.
    I have worn Fierce and a gal wouldnt come near me cos she felt it was too cloying.
    I used to feel that LIDGE was my holy grail but Aventus has changed things.
    I am no creed fanboy, i do have GIT but somehow only Aventus gets me the compliments

Marc Jacobs Bang! has been working well, too well in fact...

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help but feel like the Aventus tally is somewhat inflated by the funny stories and shit.

I really dont think it smells that good to me, but litterally I had 6 different people today at the mall stop me and compliment me while I was wearing aventus. Had a group of people at one point. One dude stopped me and was like man what are you wearing you smell great! Im like aventus. And he was like oh shit so this aventus man it really does smell good. I think im going to not pay rent this month and just get that instead. lol. Anyway still just smells ok to me. But I deff get a lot of compliments with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Creed Aventus...my hairstylist was cutting my hair...loved it....went to a department store to check out fragrances....'what are you wearing' says the SA, 'smells gorgeous'.

I know there's a lot of hype about Aventus and there are hyped fragrances I'm not a fan of (Pure Malt and New Haarlem to name a few) but Aventus is magic, provided you don't get a bad batch/bottle like I did recently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josevancouver View Post
    but Aventus is magic, provided you don't get a bad batch/bottle like I did recently.
    So it was compliment from that bad batch?

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all. I have a bottle I bought about a year ago. Beautifully balanced with nice smoked pineapple opening. That stuff is awesome. I bought a recent bottle on sale at Fragrancenet and that stuff smells nothing like the bottle I previously bought. I just shipped the bad bottle back to Fragrantica.

I very rarely give compliments or ask other guys what they're wearing, but the other day I smelled something incredibly good coming off another guy. Because, in the past, I had occasions where I didn't ask and I regretted it quite a lot afterwards, I just went along and asked him.

To my surprise, he said "Abercrombie," which is strange because I never remembered it smelling like "that." It was like kind of a sweet smell, some kind of musk, etc. I do believe that he was telling the truth because when you catch someone off guard, they don't have enough time to think of something other than what is actually true. Great smell, just never remembered it smelling like that. Maybe my bottle is old...who knows.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, always an interesting topic (no point pretending that it isn't)...

Before I tell you which ones I've worn that draw some compliments, I feel that I should urge you to wear a cologne that YOU like most of all. If you wear one you like and that fits your personality it will make you feel more confident. I learned the hard way - at the beginning I bought ones that were known crowd pleasers, but I now realise I get much more out of just wearing what I like. If you're looking for a cologne to get chicks - then to be honest just wear anything - most will just be happy that you're making the effort to wear a fragrance no matter what it is.

That being said these are the ones I wear that get the most compliments...

1.Acqua Di Gio - (no surprises there - It's basically known on here for being THE go-to fragrance for the purpose of attracting women, but I actually really like it. It has an amazing vibe to it - feels like you're sitting on a beach in the middle of summer. Very salty (in a cool way). It gets knocked a bit on here (basenotes) but trust me this one's good! It is by far my most complimented of all (by women)...
    2.Drakkar Noir - 2nd most compimented, mainly by guys unfortunately, but by a few women too.This one used to be my fav because it smells very close to something my dad used to wear when I was a kid.It's very manly this one! A bold and loud fougere.
    3.Aqva Marine Pour Homme (by Bvlgari) - This one may turn out to be my most complimented of all - I've worn it much fewer times that the tope two (I've only owned it for less than a week) and already it's had almost as much compliments as Acqua Di Gio. This one is quite salty and very cool. Not warm,inviting or flirty at all but slick and classy. This one's getting to be in my top 2 as far as my own personal taste goes.
    4. Gucci Guilty Pour Homme - Least complimented. HATED by most basenoters (just check out the reviews). BUT...It was love at first sniff with this one. Tried it at the store and had to have it there and then (first time I've ever bought a cologne without researching how people generally feel about it on basenotes etc)...which brings me back to what I said at the beginning of the post. Wear what YOU like and feel most comfortable with. I love this one because I immediately clicked with it for some reason and thought it smelled me-ish. It's a brilliant work of art this one. It's smokey, creamy, peppery, woody, aromatic etc. I can say enough good things about it.

All the best with your search man...

Post Thanks / Like

Most compliments I've received from women were produced by wearing...
    1. Abercrombie Fierce (most by far)
    2. Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme
    3. Nautica Voyage
    4. Azzaro Chrome
    5. Versace Man Eau Fraiche

However, I've recently acquired Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, Tobacco Vanille, Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Musc Ravageur, and Chergui and I'm anticipating more compliments to arise from those heavy hitters.....????
    That was my 1st post!

Taskphorce

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tmi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy6700 View Post
    Went to my dealer to get some hash last night..His girlfriend and her friend said:"Wow !! You smell delicious!"

Pure Havane
    TMI...

Post Thanks / Like

A* Men: it was at a party... actually a guy friend of mine brought it up then the girls around all agreed and started sniffing me. But I don't wear this stuff daily or just to school.

DHI: going to a beer tasting and wearing this for one of the first time. close female friend noticed and said she liked it out of all the cologne I wear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I very rarely give compliments or ask other guys what they're wearing, but the other day I smelled something incredibly good coming off another guy. Because, in the past, I had occasions where I didn't ask and I regretted it quite a lot afterwards, I just went along and asked him.

To my surprise, he said "Abercrombie," which is strange because I never remembered it smelling like "that." It was like kind of a sweet smell, some kind of musk, etc. I do believe that he was telling the truth because when you catch someone off guard, they don't have enough time to think of something other than what is actually true. Great smell, just never remembered it smelling like that. Maybe my bottle is old...who knows.
    yea most of the time if you ask someone what cologne they are wearing, the answer will probably surprise you... not in a good way either. but that just goes to show that you can smell good to others without buying expensive niche fragrances.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

nice collectiong taskphorce01. I had Abercrombie a few years ago maybe its time to take a trip to the mall and pick up a bottle.
    Collection: Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, Versace Dreamer, Chanel Plantinum Egoiste, Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio, John Varvatos + Vintage, Dior Homme Intense, Givenchy Pi, Paul Smith London, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, Cool Water Deep Blue, Aquolina Blue Sugar, Bod, Rochas Man, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chrome Azzaro, Armani Code

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Was picking up a sandwich this morning when a cleaning lady with a mop walked past me. As she did she said "ooh, you smell nice!". OK, it wasn't Kylie Minogue but it brightened up a cold, wet and windy morning!

Chanel Coromandel.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Naww...Not really

This happened about six months ago, but I guess there's no expiration date on stuff like this!

So I'm walking to work. First time wearing my new Aventus decant. It's a bit of a brisk morning so I'm going at a decent clip. I pass by this incredibly gorgeous woman in a fur coat, easily the hottest woman I've seen in this neighborhood, and as I pass her by she literally turns around and screams. Not a horror movie scream-queen scream, but like a facetious little "aaaaAAH!" I turn around, thinking maybe my cigarette burned her coat or something, and she's already approaching. I'm about to say something when she just grabs my jacket lapels, looks at me with this crazed expression and then buries her face in my neck. It was about this time I realized this woman is actually one of my city's major fashion moguls, someone who's having a breakout year and is about to blow up worldwide (if the newspapers are anything to go by).

So she goes, "In the name of all that is holy, what IS that you are wearing?" I was still too dumbfounded to say anything, so she just stared at me for a bit. Now, I'm not a hideous guy but I ain't any kind of Adonis either, so the next thing she said surprised me a great deal, and I have to attribute it at least a little bit to the fragrance. She goes, "You could be a model. Here's my card, talk to me next week. Tell me then," turns on her heel and walks away, like the quirky fashion queen she apparently is.

I walk the rest of the way to work in a bit of a daze, go to the third-floor machine to have a nice strong double-size cup of coffee, wake up a bit and see if I wasn't just dreaming the whole thing, and the first thing that happens is that the cleaning lady (who never says anything to anyone) is sort of hovering around me at an uncomfortable distance. As the machine takes its sweet old time to grind and pour my cup, she just starts slowly but surely converging on me, through this circuitous motion of supposedly-inconspicuous-but-ultimately-obvious mopping movements, and by the time my cup is ready she has me completely hemmed in. The spot where I'm standing is literally the only dry spot in the vicinity. I look at her as I go and give her a brief smile, and MY GOD that woman has never smiled like that at anyone before. She was leaning so far towards me I'm amazed she didn't fall over.

Then there was the meeting. Standard weekly meeting with the team - progress reports, deliverables and dependencies - and in the middle of it my boss (female), whilst talking at length, after turning her head towards me, just... stops talking. Just sits there, like she got struck by invisible lightning. By this point I'm super self-conscious about the whole thing, so I'm thinking to myself that I should probably go home and take a shower before somebody does something completely irrational. She looks back at me and makes direct eye contact. She mouths something, but I can't tell what it is. The whole team is looking. At that moment, I know: The Aventus has her. (She is now my wife, by the way.)

Later that night I went to a restaurant and at one point, every single server in the building was forming a semicircle around me, smiling and nodding at my awesome stories and surreptitiously sniffing (they thought I wouldn't notice but I did). Servers even came from nearby restaurants to catch a whiff. After the meal the chef team came out so they could thank me for coming in there and filling the place with that wonderful smell. At one point a man had a heart attack at the table next to us, but when I leaned over him as he was inhaling in preparation for his dying breath, suddenly the light came back into his eyes. I got a standing ovation when I left, as well as a lifetime coupon for free ginger ale. People threw money at me. It was glorious, I tell you.

That's with the z01 batch, of course. I wore an ashy batch once and within minutes of leaving my house I was stabbed, crapped on by a dog and run over by a guy with a twirly moustache on a unicycle. YMMV. Just a matter of skin chemistry, I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Blind buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Tuscan Leather, Reflection Man, Midnight In Paris, Geir Ness, Pure Havane, DHI, Costume National 21, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Verdon Eau de Toilett

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

manatee is a troll
    Collection: Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, Versace Dreamer, Chanel Plantinum Egoiste, Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio, John Varvatos + Vintage, Dior Homme Intense, Givenchy Pi, Paul Smith London, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, Cool Water Deep Blue, Aquolina Blue Sugar, Bod, Rochas Man, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chrome Azzaro, Armani Code

Quote Originally Posted by mortl View Post
    manatee is a troll
    I am more than a troll; I contain multitudes

(unless they're a bad batch of multis, in which case I send them back with a sternly yet courteously worded note)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy6700 View Post

Pure Havane
    So I guess even stoners can smell good...
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

manatee: Hillarious! I couldn't stop laughing upon reading the last paragraph of your compliment "story", thank you!

+1 La Nuit

My date told over the text that she met someone who smells as good as me. I take that as a compliment, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Think for me it has been Rochas Man/MJ Legend, Versace Por homme, Unforgivable, and HM

Post Thanks / Like

The most recent is Chanel Coromandel

Fahrenheit.

I just might have gotten the best compliment ever yesterday. I was shopping and heard someone mumble "MMmmmmmm" behind me. I turned around and saw a woman who instantly started blushing wildly. I guess she didn't expect me to hear her. I said hello, and she kind of stuttered as she told me I smelled good & then hurried away, which was a shame since she was cute. Ah well.

I don't know why I don't wear Fahrenheit more often. I should.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Guys - Aventus. Seriously, this stuff is magic. Aventus (the good batch - not the stuff I bought from Fragrancenet which I ended up returning/shipping back recently).

I'm on a plane heading back from Puerto Vallarta. It's 9:00 PM (applied 3 sprays earlier in the day - around 3:00 PM before heading to the airport). My flight attendant comes up to me and asks - 'I have to ask you what that is...it smells amazing...so fresh and beautiful'.

Aventus is amazing stuff...

Jose

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Applied approximately 3/4 of a spray of Slumberhouse's Jeke to my chest at around 8 AM yesterday, and my girlfriend complimented it 14 (!) hours later... it was a long day at work.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Right now the one that gets me to most compliments is Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Been dating a new girl for about 2-3 weeks now, I've worn DHI, :usc Ravageur and by killian A taste of Heaven, but the first ever complinent I got from her was today, I placed my arm around her while we were walking and she says "mmm oh you smell good!"

the culprit: AVENTUS

I'm still not the biggest fan, but people obviously love it.
    Current Top 5:
    1. DHI
    2. Oud Wood
    3. Aventus
    4. By. Kilian A Taste of heaven
    5. Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur

In no particular order, and these are all over approximately a 2 year period...I used to get many more compliments when I was younger (22-28 years old..I'm now 34) and more attractive, so I think a lot of the time it has to do with how attracted they are to you and how approachable you are...

1. Gucci Envy - Almost every time I wear this, someone will give me a compliment. Every time I would go to the bank, this young teller would tell me how amazing I smell..she was so hot, shame I was too cool to ever do anything about it, and just enjoyed the ego boost...idiot

Now having said that, I usually wear this when I'm already in a good mood and going out, so there's a higher chance I'll be smiling which I guess makes me more approachable and easier to compliment

2. Realities by Liz Clairborne - I'm being serious, this one is so cheap but the 2 times I've worn it I've received compliments from people I work with who never have anything nice to say about the much more expensive ones I wear

3. Pure Malt - Wore it once, but it was my mum, so it doesn't count, does it? lol

4. DHI - Wore it once and both my mum and sister in law said I smelled nice, which I guess shouldn't count but I'm always wearing something different and they don't say anything

5. Altamir by Ted Lapidus - Girl that works in a fragrance shop actually complimented me, told me it was her favourite on her bf and a female trainer at my gym

6. Silver Shadow by Davidoff - Lady at the petrol station when I was paying told me how good I smell, this one has been pretty safe over the years even if I'm sick of it

7. Sexual by Michel Germain - People in the office , in fact one of the guys went and bought the bottle the same day

8. Roma Uomo by Laura Biagotti, my friend went crazy over it, when I told her I sold it on eBay she said "give that guy who bought it my number".....weird

9. YSL La Nuit & D&G The One have been constant compliment getters from friends over the years ....as has

10. ADG

Oh and just remembered, Burberry Summer got me a really slutty compliment from a female trainer at a boot camp I was doing a month ago
    My top 10

1. Gucci Envy
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Gucci Rush for Men
    5. Viktor & Rolf Antidote
    6. D&G By Man
    7. Serge Lutens - Santal Majuscule
    8. Gucci Pour Homme
    9. Tom Ford Nerolo Portofino
    10. Dior Homme Cologne

Post Thanks / Like

it,s strange in last time i get a lot of compliments on chanel allure sport extreme im using it us signature scent even in cold weather.

l'air du desert marocan worked its magic for me again over the long weekend. i think this poor young thing told me i smelled good 5 or 6 times, even the next morning.

he wood silver wind wood gets me a lot of compliments but only during/after the dry down.

the strippers in vegas like the smell of a*men.

l'air is still the clear cut front runner for me, by a few body lengths. it just seems to work for me no matter the situation. ive tried and tried with aventus but its got to the point now where i dont want to wear it because i think it sabotages my confidence. might sell the practically full bottle and spend the money on a backup of l'air.

Post Thanks / Like

Got one on Amouage Epic Man earlier today. Whilst hugging my date she said "your Parfum or aftershave is really good. What is it?"

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm new to this forum and this is my first post here.
    I had been wearing L'eau d'issey pour homme for 5 years, then I switched to Wood edition of L'eau d'issey pour homme which I think smells a little different. Within these years I tried Terre Hermes, Pure Malt, and Versace Fraiche that I never received compliments as I would receive from L'eau d'issey. Have been following this thread for some time now and considering the top reviews for creed products, decided to give them a shot, so I ordered GIT and Aventus. Kind of excited how I would like them. Any suggestions from long time issey miyake users here?

Post Thanks / Like

Got a nice compliment on Ferragamo F Black this morning from a co-worker.

F.i.e.r.c.e.

Post Thanks / Like

A girl behind me on the train was telling her friend someone smells good, and the friend readily agreed.. I'm just assuming it was me because of our proximity and I couldn't smell anyone else..

L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

got compliment yesterday in the cafe i use to go to read the local newspaper. the waitress told me i smell good

guess PE still has it

Post Thanks / Like

I have to join the fray here. My law office is pretty conservative so it isn't like many people walk up with compliments regarding scents. But last night we had a going away happy hour for a colleague. First I had a female sit next to me and tell me I smelled really good. The guy across the table said he noticed it smelled good around them. Then an hour later as I hugged the colleague who was leaving goodbye she smiled and said I smelled really good and just noticed when we hugged.

TdH EDT
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool. How many sprays?

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I have to join the fray here. My law office is pretty conservative so it isn't like many people walk up with compliments regarding scents. But last night we had a going away happy hour for a colleague. First I had a female sit next to me and tell me I smelled really good. The guy across the table said he noticed it smelled good around them. Then an hour later as I hugged the colleague who was leaving goodbye she smiled and said I smelled really good and just noticed when we hugged.

TdH EDT

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

A waitress like my Addict by Dior today.

Post Thanks / Like

I got told I smelt like green tea and soap today while wearing Prelude to Love. From that moment on, I couldn't un-smell the green tea and soap.

I suppose it was a compliment. I took it as one anyway, and it didn't put me off the fragrance at all.

I'm surprised to have received a couple compliments on Carner - Cuirs. I live in a pretty conservative little town, most people don't wear anything and I've only known friends to have one or two bottles they only use for special occasions. I also tend to spray conservatively, Cuirs must project pretty well. This is surprising, since I think of it as only a polite version of Black Afgano.

Well, Black Afgano projects like a moahta and Cuirs is pretty close, no wonder.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm unexpected but got a compliment from a close friend who knows I wear a lot of different colognes.

today: Platinum Egoist. And that was like 6 hours into the day. Last scent she complimented on was DHI. She has good nose!

It's fairly 'un-British' to pass comment on the way someone else smells so I don't get many compliments but, unusually, the other day I got one from a girl I work with in her early twenties. Believe it or not, I was wearing Quorum!
    Smelling good on a budget!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by null set View Post
    I'm surprised to have received a couple compliments on Carner - Cuirs. I live in a pretty conservative little town, most people don't wear anything and I've only known friends to have one or two bottles they only use for special occasions. I also tend to spray conservatively, Cuirs must project pretty well. This is surprising, since I think of it as only a polite version of Black Afgano.
    I have a sample of Carner Tardes and it projects REALLY STRONG...so I'm guessing Cuirs is similar.
    I like the Carner line of scents.

+1 Versace Dreamer

When are we going to get another tally?