Code of Conduct
Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ... 38 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,280 of 6076

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

"You smell so nice today" - Green Irish Tweed.
    Never had a compliment on this one before

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    That's cool. How many sprays?
    Chuck, 3 sprays and they were actually after a workout that I had at about 2 pm. Compliments were about 4-5 hours later. One to chest, down shirt, one on sweater and one wrist shot. That is my usual progression and I've never been told its too much and it still leaves a little trail.

This doesn't really count but I wore the same TdH EDT to a wedding in Scottsdale 2 weeks back. It was warmer than here and it was doing well in the warmer climate. My wife, who usually doesn't comment, said I smelled good. It may be that I usually only wear it to work so she doesn't notice but it was the first compliment she had given me with TdH. That is usually reserved for Burberry London, her favorite.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 4th April 2013 at 12:49 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Chuck, 3 sprays and they were actually after a workout that I had at about 2 pm. Compliments were about 4-5 hours later. One to chest, down shirt, one on sweater and one wrist shot. That is my usual progression and I've never been told its too much and it still leaves a little trail.

This doesn't really count but I wore the same TdH EDT to a wedding in Scottsdale 2 weeks back. It was warmer than here and it was doing well in the warmer climate. My wife, who usually doesn't comment, said I smelled good. It may be that I usually only wear it to work so she doesn't notice but it was the first compliment she had given me with TdH. That is usually reserved for Burberry London, her favorite.
    Thanks. TDH is one of my wife's all-time faves on me. She liked London when she could smell it on me, but it just died too quick on my skin.

Thanks. TDH is one of my wife's all-time faves on me. She liked London when she could smell it on me, but it just died too quick on my skin.
    Yeah I've worn TdH pretty hard core for the last 2 years now and I still am finding myself catching new things I love about it. Maybe the Iso Super E does well with me but it works. London was my wedding/honeymoon scent in the Fall of 2006 so we both love the smell and the memories come back. I think my original bottle back them had much more power than the bottle I have now.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Basenotes Plus

"I like what you're wearing! what is it?"

Even better compliment, she put it on this morning to wear it herself.

Slumberhouse Sova.

Got stopped multiple times with aventus again. Ive seriously probably worn aventus maybe 20 times ever if that. And only ONCE maybe did some not stop me to ask what I was wearing and told me how good I smelled.

I guess just for general since I didnt post it last time. I get a lot of compliments on allure sport and bleu de channel as well. I think its the same thing for aventus, I dont think any of these 3 smell that great. But they all smell so clean its like almost impossible for it to smell bad or to rub someone the wrong way.

For something I dont see posted, I get a lot of compliments on guess seductive when I wear it.

For stuff that supposedly is popular but I barely ever get compliments on.. Pure malt, pure havane, LIDGE(actually though I dont really care for this either to be honest). And ive never gotten one random person come up to me sorta compliment EVER on new harlem. Go figure...

Got 3 compliments today, but at the end of the day, the one that made my day: "daddy.. u smell very good"... from my 5 yr old daughter.

Millesime Imperial - the beast that doesn't discriminate age...

Banned
    Blog Entries

okay guys, im running low on funds and i need to get a bottle of silver mountain water. but i'm figuring that i could get a sugar mama help me finance that purchase.

what are some fragrances that are good for attracting milfs and cougars? and where do i meet women around the age of 35 to 50 who have a lot of disposable money?

my wife jokes that Portrait of a Lady attracts old women because of the rose scent (per my wife, old women love rose). She says this because an older lady gave me an unsolicited compliment on wearing POAL a few weeks ago.

Will really need a sugar mama first to afford POAL though.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    okay guys, im running low on funds and i need to get a bottle of silver mountain water. but i'm figuring that i could get a sugar mama help me finance that purchase.

what are some fragrances that are good for attracting milfs and cougars? and where do i meet women around the age of 35 to 50 who have a lot of disposable money?
    Try Fragrantica.

Banned
    Blog Entries

^ thats a wonderful idea actually. the man to woman ratio there is almost as low as a female prison.

Original Santal. I've gotten more compliments on this than I have Aventus, personally.
    I don't own OS, although I have sampled it. I do however own Indivduel by Mont Blanc and the two do smell very similar.

Would be interested to know in what setting you wear OS. I wore Individuel to work a few times and it just didn't feel right and for a night out fragrance, it wasn't 'loud' enough, nor it do well in terms of longevity.

I really hope you're just trolling again with an attempt to be funny, because that was tasteless. You could have just asked "What fragrances are better for attracting women age 35 to 50?" Instead, you added that your goal is to use a woman for her money.

If you NEED a fragrance badly enough that you intend to use a complete stranger in order to get it, trust me when I say you need help, not fragrance. And I don't mean help attracting a woman to use for her money. Sheesh man.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

LHBI don't take this stuff too seriously man. NoirDrakkar's posts are part entertainment....a lot of what he writes makes me chuckle and of good intentions...

I realize that, but it's still scumbaggish, and I think it would reflect poorly on us if we cheered on that sort of thing.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I realize that, but it's still scumbaggish, and I think it would reflect poorly on us if we cheered on that sort of thing.
    I know what you mean...but I think having some "real talk" on here is good. Sometimes I respect the caveman perspective to be honest. It might not be PC, but it's still counts for something. Just like youtube reviewers, I dont want to *just* white collar and metrosexual dudes who are similar to me reviewing fragrances. I enjoy hearing the perspective of guys like Al from Street Scents or mymickers who seem like blue collar type dudes. Thats why NoirDrakkar and that Monkey screen name guy (can't remember his name, used to post on here) add to the variety of views, even if what they post sometimes makes us cringe

Quote Originally Posted by seaofghosts View Post
    I think it's good to remember that some females won't tell a guy if he smells good because it can sound like a pick up line. I know I've wondered what a guy was wearing because it smells great but I would never say anything because well, most guys would think you were coming on to them. So women like me, we silently appreciate aha.
    I get your point, yet I'm under the opossite impression: most of women might be inducing dudes to believe popular and awful scents smell just great on them (bf or one night stands, don't know and don't care), otherwise to explain how on earth AdG, 1M and many more that we girls know no chick likes is mission impossible. And those fumes are more on the die hard side, IMO.

I have personally gotten compliments with ADG and 1 Million from girls who have not smelt them before when I was in Asia. I have not gotten any compliments with Encre Noire or Fahrenheit. Rather than saying women compliment popular scents, maybe it is because some scents are liked by women that they became popular. I am sure the houses did their market research before they release a fragrance.

BTW, when are we going to get another update on the tally? Thank you

Ambre 114 from HdP. First time wearing it, did not expect the compliment, but got it.
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

+1 Cool Water

Not sure if she was complimenting my fragrance or the gum I was chewing....

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Not sure if she was complimenting my fragrance or the gum I was chewing....
    Nice smelling gum!!!!!!

Just spray your stick of gum prior to chewing. You're all set!

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Nice smelling gum!!!!!!

It's probably a biased compliment as we have been going out now for a while, but she said "which one is this? you smell delicious" at the weekend whilst wearing none other than Aventus.

Finally had a breakthrough with Aventus. Sick with tonsilitis, I wore it to the doctors. On the way home I stopped into the pharmacy to collect my prescription. The young female pharmacist's assistant behind the counter sort of double-taked and stammered when I handed her my medical information, and gave me quite a smile when I took a seat near where she was working while waiting for my pills.

It had to be the juice, I looked like the walking dead.

I had a similar experience at a CVS Pharmacy two years ago while wearing Aventus. Young cashier just loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unlucky Rogue View Post
    Finally had a breakthrough with Aventus. Sick with tonsilitis, I wore it to the doctors. On the way home I stopped into the pharmacy to collect my prescription. The young female pharmacist's assistant behind the counter sort of double-taked and stammered when I handed her my medical information, and gave me quite a smile when I took a seat near where she was working while waiting for my pills.

It had to be the juice, I looked like the walking dead.

I had a similar experience at a CVS Pharmacy two years ago while wearing Aventus. Young cashier just loved it.

Add me to that list. About two years ago a pharmacist at my local A&P asked what I had on, and wrote it down for her husband. It never fails that's for sure.

I've only worn it 3 times but I got a compliment wearing Aventus today, buying a suit and the girl said "I love the cologne you have on"

I think getting compliments has a lot to do with being close to the person and not just walking past + being in a situation which you're already talking.

So whilst many strangers might think you smell nice, don't feel bad if you're not getting told that you do
    My top 10

1. Gucci Envy
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Gucci Rush for Men
    5. Viktor & Rolf Antidote
    6. D&G By Man
    7. Serge Lutens - Santal Majuscule
    8. Gucci Pour Homme
    9. Tom Ford Nerolo Portofino
    10. Dior Homme Cologne

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Envy View Post
    So whilst many strangers might think you smell nice, don't feel bad if you're not getting told that you do

I assume I smell good unless told otherwise
    "How do I smell? I smell good!"

I would probably say I get at least 2 or 3 unsolicited compliments a week, and so far only when I have been wearing these ones from my collection. But I also wore ADG for a long time before I started buying others much more recently. This is my list in order of number of compliments:

ADG: Consistent compliment getter, well liked by most people it seems. Once before a basketball game I had sprayed this about an hour prior and I went and sat next to a girl, who proceeded to rave about how good I smelled and made several other people around my smell my chest. An added bonus was that they were all attractive girls
    Chrome Legend: Possibly my best compliment for a fragrance. I sprayed this on shortly after I bought it and then a few friends showed up. One guy proceeded to go on about how good it smelled, he bought it and now wears it every day. (Which I take him wearing it as a compliment as well, but it also means I don't wear it as often so we don't smell the same ) Also a few just "You smell good" type compliments from guys and girls, but still good for how much I paid for this one.
    La Nuit: Received one compliment from a gay male relative which, in my book I'm counting as a female complement
    The One: I don't know how much of a compliment was directed specifically at this fragrance. But at practice today, shortly after I had sprayed this on, a teammate apparently smelled me and complained about how I always smell so good and how he wished he could smell as good as me! Also the reason I got my first fragrance (ADG) to start with was cause he had it, and I wanted to smell as good as him (And I didn't know anything about fragrances at the time so I bought the exact fragrance he had haha), so that is kind of ironic that he was the one to say this. I haven't gotten a compliment from a female but I haven't worn it much yet either.

I'm pretty new, these compliments are all in the last month and half or two months. I suspect there will be more on other fragrances that I have only recently gotten, or haven't worn much being that I was at 1 fragrance just two months ago. I haven't really been able to slow down and get to know them which is what I plan on doing for the next few months!

Also as a side note, I probably receive more compliments than people who aren't in high school because I am from a high school where 90% of males range from wearing axe body spray, to bathing in axe multiple times a day, so smelling anything else is usually refreshing and it probably means that compliments are more flowing when something else is smelled.

The office secretary said "you smell nice <name>" earlier this morning. What else but the one and only Aventus. And yes, this one is a smoky batch.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Twice, this week, I have received compliments on a particular fragrance.

First:
    I went to the mall a Monday to spend a gift card my wife had got for me for my birthday. I went to Fossil, bought a few things, and left. After I got home I tried on one of the items, and it was the wrong size. Tuesday, I went back to Fossil to exchange the item. As I was looking for my size, one of the workers approached me. "This might sound a little weird," she said, "but what kind of cologne were you wearing last night when you came in?" With a smile I replied, "It's called Aventus by Creed." She told me she wanted ask me the night before, and it was a miracle that I came back in.

Second:
    Today I went to a hair salon to look for some new hair product. One of the stylist approached me, and asked if she could help me find anything. To make it short, they didn't have what i was looking for, but the girl said, "So..what kind of cologne are you wearing?'' I told her it was Aventus by Creed. "Well, she said, "that's like my new favorite fragrance now. It smells divine."

Me too, salon girl. It's my favorite fragrance too.

A couple weeks ago, someone at work complimented me on NY Oud. She's into fragrance, and said that it smells mysterious and different.

Complimented on Musc Ravageur the other day while shopping.

I got the most enthusiastic, and unexpected compliment I've ever received
    from a fragrance earlier this afternoon...guess what, it was AVENTUS...

I went into a local convenience store to buy a 12 pack of beer.
    I couldn't have been closer than 6 to 8 feet from the two female cashiers
    in the store when I first walked in. I get my beer, walk up to the counter,
    and I hear the two girls--in their early 20's and quite attractive--whispering
    to each other, I think nothing of it. I set my beer on the counter, and the
    young blonde who is running the cash register says "you smell so good" and
    is smiling, their is a slight pause, and I suddenly realize she's not talking
    to her co-worker (a tall, slim brunette). I ask her, "you mean me?"
    She says, "Yeah!" and laughs a little, her co-worker smiles a little shyly...

I say, "wow, thanks! I must have sprayed too much if you can smell me this far
    away."

She says, "No, you smell really good."

For reference, I'm 34 years old. I am decently attractive at best, I'm no George Clooney.
    These girls were really "hot", I don't know any other way to put it. I was honestly taken aback
    by how much they liked the way I smelled.

For the record, I had applied the Aventus about 5 hours before I got this compliment.
    I did 5 sprays: 2 to the chest, 1 to the back of the neck, and 1 to each forearm.
    It was from a decant I bought in a split from Heperd here on basenotes over a year ago.
    I've worn that decant--sporadically--for the past year and never received a compliment on it.
    But, I love the smell of Aventus on myself. And, bottom line, that's why I wear a fragrance,
    I want to smell it, and like it on myself first and foremost. But, this compliment today really blew
    me away, if I wasn't so shy, I am pretty sure I could have gotten either one of these girls' phone
    numbers...

Aventus is incredible. I love it. Believe the hype. I wear it because I love it though.

Personally for me, it's been none other than YSL's la nuit de l'homme. Had so many compliments from it, nearly every time I wear it! At one point had a whole group of girls practically nuzzling my neck because I smelled "that good" apparently haha. However, just got Aventus, so it will be interesting to see it performs!

A girl I've been dating for bout a month or so.. Stayed over the other night and the morning after, she was looking at the few bottles of cologne I had organized on my bookshelf.. She said..

"Oh you have quite the collection, don't you.."
    I'm like yea.. shyly lol..
    She picks up the Dior Homme Intense 50ml bottle
    I say, I'm sure you've smelled that one before, because I've worn it around you 2x or so
    She says "Yea I know, this was the perfume you had on the first night we met, and I smelled you i was like oooh the smells familiar because i worked at a perfumerie for 3 years, and then when I seen the bottle, I was like YEP that was it!"
    I replied with, i hope you like it..
    "I love it, it's my favorite"

Win for me because DHI, is also my favorite lol.
    Current Top 5:
    1. DHI
    2. Oud Wood
    3. Aventus
    4. By. Kilian A Taste of heaven
    5. Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur

I wish I liked Aventus more. When I wear it I almost feel like I'm wearing it for everyone else's sake.

CologneFan85

As of this week CONEY ISLAND. This has to be the longest lasting and highest projection cologne ever.

Another one for L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme, a female colleague of mine.

Then again, she also mentioned she thought it smelt like Allure Homme Sport >.>
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Ive just been wearing Tom Ford - tobacco vanille everyday for the last 2 years. I live in Norway and you cant even get it here. I usually pick it up in London on business. Anyway I get a ridiculous amounts of comments on it. Especially when Im out or on a date. Ex Girlfriends are stil sending messages about it etc. Its become a bit of a joke with my friends now.

Anyway I recently joined BN a few weeks back and have started to try new stuff. I jumped on the aventus train and started wearing that. Only one complement from a guy at work The girl Im seeing at the moment was like "yeah its ok but can you please switch back to the Tom Ford"

aventus is like crack for me and I love it but without doubt Tom Ford - tobacco vanille is the bomb for comments.

Milliseme Imperial.

"Wow whats that you have on....f*#*ing smells nice" from a girl who regularly uses colourful language.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I have received compliments from my hairstylist, a flight attendant, a massage therapist, an SA at a department store that doesn't sell Creed Aventus....and all I can say is, this stuff is magic. I got another (yes another - I'm stocking up thought this stuff is so expensive - Z01 batch) and I'm set now for a few years.

Before you all think that I believe that Aventus is the only fragrance I get complimented on, there are more.

JPG Le Male - very good compliments
    Mugler A*Men - second behind Aventus, especially about 15 mins after the initial drydown
    Dior Homme Intense - really nice compliments when I wear it at night
    Dior Homme Sport Reformulated - worn sparingly (this stuff projects on me) I get some nice compliments on it
    Creed Millesime Imperial - worn sparingly (I don't know what the deal is with the bottle I got off Fragrancenet, but this stuff has nuclear projection/longevity on me) I get nice compliments on it

Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    Twice, this week, I have received compliments on a particular fragrance.

First:
    I went to the mall a Monday to spend a gift card my wife had got for me for my birthday. I went to Fossil, bought a few things, and left. After I got home I tried on one of the items, and it was the wrong size. Tuesday, I went back to Fossil to exchange the item. As I was looking for my size, one of the workers approached me. "This might sound a little weird," she said, "but what kind of cologne were you wearing last night when you came in?" With a smile I replied, "It's called Aventus by Creed." She told me she wanted ask me the night before, and it was a miracle that I came back in.

Second:
    Today I went to a hair salon to look for some new hair product. One of the stylist approached me, and asked if she could help me find anything. To make it short, they didn't have what i was looking for, but the girl said, "So..what kind of cologne are you wearing?'' I told her it was Aventus by Creed. "Well, she said, "that's like my new favorite fragrance now. It smells divine."

Me too, salon girl. It's my favorite fragrance too.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    But, I love the smell of Aventus on myself. And, bottom line, that's why I wear a fragrance,
    I want to smell it, and like it on myself first and foremost. But, this compliment today really blew
    me away, if I wasn't so shy, I am pretty sure I could have gotten either one of these girls' phone
    numbers...
    This is why I can't wear Bleu de Chanel that regularly. I ignore the naysayers and purists who say Bleu is unoriginal. I've had some compliments when wearing it. I've met a lot of women who have told me that they love that fragrance. When I wear it, however, I can't get into it. I just don't feel good when I wear it. It doesn't make me sick or anything. It just doesn't feel 'right' for me, and I wish it would because it's a nice fragrance and I know I would get a lot of compliments wearing it, but just can't get excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    As of this week CONEY ISLAND. This has to be the longest lasting and highest projection cologne ever.
    I almost wore that yesterday. Maybe I should wear it tomorrow?

I am relatively new in fragrances, so i didn´t get tons of compliments, but my most complimented are Midnight In Paris, Patchouli Leaves and Magnetism For Men. A few compliments i got on PR 1 Million, Guerlain Homme L´Eau and Guerlain Homme Intense. A few comliments got: LIDGE (surprisingly not a big complimentgetter, but i hope it will change), Yellow Sea, Ehtefal, Heritage (1), Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme Haute Concentration and Versace Eau Fraiche Man.

l'Homme by YSL. Women love the regular and La Nuit version. Good job YSL!

Coworker almost gnawed my arm off. Also got another elevator compliment. Aventus is a powerful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    l'Homme by YSL. Women love the regular and La Nuit version. Good job YSL!
    Yeah. YSL nailed it.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Last week I had my hair cut at a hair studio at local mall and the hair stylish told me that she was really impressed by the scent I wore last time I went there, she think it was the most beautiful & smooth perfume she has ever smell.

It was my 1st full wear of Carnal Flower and what impressed her was its dry down.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Kouros Fraicheur

Is there are thread like this in ladies part of the forum? They need to answer on this question directly

Quote Originally Posted by mdclx View Post
    Kouros Fraicheur
    Ainda nao testei esse, tenho de ver se é bom.
    I wanna try that one

very sexy for him I received 4 compliments after buying and trying

Olá (Hello),

You must try my friend...!!

Quote Originally Posted by uruk-hai View Post
    Ainda nao testei esse, tenho de ver se é bom.
    I wanna try that one

A girl in class continuously complimented Rochas Man today. I wore it today for the first time in a loooong time!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I find that I get the most compliments from women when I wear fresh scents such as Bleu de Chanel, Dior Homme Sport, etc. Women tend to appreciate a clean, non-offensive fragrance on their man. It's just my opinion.

Friend of me smelled la nuit on me other day.

She said of all the scents she has smelled on me, and I regularly ask her, this is her favorite.

Some other ones she smelled? Dhi, mi, aventus, viw(she did not like at all), spice bomb, pure malt, just to name a few.

La nuit is definitely a compliment getter, it resembles d&g the one, but better performance.

"You smell like sexual licorice"

First female compliment with Lolita Lempicka au Masculin eau de Minuit. Quickly becoming my favourite, or equal favourite. I never got compliments ever with the original juice or the other flankers. I think this one has more of a manliness to it, not as sickly sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I find that I get the most compliments from women when I wear fresh scents such as Bleu de Chanel, Dior Homme Sport, etc. Women tend to appreciate a clean, non-offensive fragrance on their man. It's just my opinion.
    as a woman, i would say YES. girls have a more sensitive nose than men, so we don't like really strong fragrances.... that's why i like acqua di gio so much... yes, it's very common, but it's not strong and smells really nice!

My girl complimented me for the 3rd time while wearing DHI last night.. Not only im I in love with DHI, but she is too..

She sprayed it in my room while i ran an errand the other day, I smelled it outside the door before I even opened it, lol BEAST..

and last night while cuddling, "You smell really good!" SHe did too, her scent was Chanel N 5
    Current Top 5:
    1. DHI
    2. Oud Wood
    3. Aventus
    4. By. Kilian A Taste of heaven
    5. Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur

Definitively Drakkar Noir.

Bleu de Chanel had a girl literally bury her nose in my neck today.