Code of Conduct
Page 89 of 104 FirstFirst ... 39 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,340 of 6184

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

What an epic thread. Having read this forum, I now realize I use very little cologne compared to most of you (I catch part of a single spritz on my fingers, wipe that on my neck), which is why no one can smell me unless we're at least hugging. I've gotten a *lot* of test driving in, having gotten divorced a few years ago and dating a LOT , plus making up for lost time with my buddies at strip clubs. Between first-date hugs and stripper nuzzling, I've had lots of female noses close enough to my neck to have a big sample size.

I have a small collection, but it has some old-faves: Cool Water, YSL L'homme, D&G, etc. Of all my colognes, the one I like best on me is Dunhill Fresh. But the colognes I mentioned get inconsistent compliments. My one sure-fire non-stop female-compliment-neck-nuzzling generator is Nautica Voyage, which is both cheap, and one that I don't think I've even seen mentioned here. I'm so-so on how it smells on me, but women go *crazy* over it.

Among the things I've learned is that personal chemistry matters a lot. I've tried a lot of the highly-recommended colognes mentioned here, many smelled good in the bottle, no so great on my relatively oily skin. Based on this thread, I'm headed out soon to try out the following list. I'm older than many of you, in my 40s, but younger looking than that and single, so probably ok with anything that doesn't scream "teenager"

dior dior homme intense
    bleu de chanel
    dolce & gabanna the one for men
    creed aventus
    Creed green irish tweed
    YSL m7
    chanel platinum egoiste
    Terre d'Hermes by hermes for men
    L'eau D'Issey

Quote Originally Posted by Uvalde View Post
    What an epic thread. Having read this forum, I now realize I use very little cologne compared to most of you (I catch part of a single spritz on my fingers, wipe that on my neck), which is why no one can smell me unless we're at least hugging. I've gotten a *lot* of test driving in, having gotten divorced a few years ago and dating a LOT , plus making up for lost time with my buddies at strip clubs. Between first-date hugs and stripper nuzzling, I've had lots of female noses close enough to my neck to have a big sample size.

I have a small collection, but it has some old-faves: Cool Water, YSL L'homme, D&G, etc. Of all my colognes, the one I like best on me is Dunhill Fresh. But the colognes I mentioned get inconsistent compliments. My one sure-fire non-stop female-compliment-neck-nuzzling generator is Nautica Voyage, which is both cheap, and one that I don't think I've even seen mentioned here. I'm so-so on how it smells on me, but women go *crazy* over it.

Among the things I've learned is that personal chemistry matters a lot. I've tried a lot of the highly-recommended colognes mentioned here, many smelled good in the bottle, no so great on my relatively oily skin. Based on this thread, I'm headed out soon to try out the following list. I'm older than many of you, in my 40s, but younger looking than that and single, so probably ok with anything that doesn't scream "teenager"

dior dior homme intense
    bleu de chanel
    dolce & gabanna the one for men
    creed aventus
    Creed green irish tweed
    YSL m7
    chanel platinum egoiste
    Terre d'Hermes by hermes for men
    L'eau D'Issey
    Look into Creed Original Santal, L'instant de Guerlain Extreme, also..
    Current Top 5:
    1. DHI
    2. Oud Wood
    3. Aventus
    4. By. Kilian A Taste of heaven
    5. Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur View Post
    Look into Creed Original Santal, L'instant de Guerlain Extreme, also..
    Duly noted, thanks! I just discovered the idea of decanting from this forum, so am going to send for a wad of samples

A complement on Back to Black tonight by a female friend. Only sprayed two sprays so it was quite light, but I suppose we were in a car.

I'm having real trouble deciding whether I prefer Back to Black or Tobacco Vanille. Both incredible, but do I prefer complexity and depth or sillage and longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    A complement on Back to Black tonight by a female friend. Only sprayed two sprays so it was quite light, but I suppose we were in a car.

I'm having real trouble deciding whether I prefer Back to Black or Tobacco Vanille. Both incredible, but do I prefer complexity and depth or sillage and longevity?
    B2b is awesome, I don't see why you have to compare them though? TV is good and a projection and longevity beastmaster, but its quite linear and suitable only for winter or a cool night out imo. Whereas B2b is lighter, funner, has the intertwinnings of honey etc, can be worn all year around -for me at least- it also has a subtleness and classiness that TV threw out the window while it was dialing up its projection and longevity.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

definitely when I layer tobacco vanille and tuscan leather.

Creed: Aventus, Millesime Imperial.
    Tom Ford: Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Grey Vetiver.
    Acqua di Parma: Colonia Intensa, Colonia Essenza

Default Scent

My girlfriend loves Hermes voyage, marc Jacobs Bang and profumum roma arso.

Interlude Amouage today

Had a cute young girl, probably still in high school, ask me what I was wearing at the gym today as she said I smelled pretty nice. None other than Acqua di Gio Essenza. Its rare for women to come up to me, even more rare when its an attractive woman. Talk about a nice confidence boost, think I spent an extra hour in the gym thanks to that nice little compliment.

Course I got the frowny face from the girlfriend when I got home and told the story, haha
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Cuiron women love this. Many compliments.
    Rive gauche a girl freaked out when I wore this many men don't like it however.
    Rochas man funny this ...its quite feminine.
    A-men a woman told me I smelled like a hospital.
    La force 11 a woman sitting next to me on the train changed seats!
    I got a big compliment the other day when I wore white diamonds for men she couldn't believe it was a mainstream fragrance.

Weirdly I get more compliments from guys I work with than females. They are always asking what I'm wearing so they can go out and buy it.

As far as compliments from girls, the most complimented I have would be Prada Luna Rossa. Next Diesel Fuel for Life, then Sean John I Am King. Personally besides the Prada, they aren't my favorite scents, but they are the ones I've gotten compliments on. I've yet to get a random woman to stop me and ask, it's always friends or acquaintances.

Aventus haha... Don't get much compliments on my fragrances usually, but apparently it's true what they say about Aventus...

As a 20 year old I get the most compliments for 212 Men. Al though I don't have that many fragrances yet and am pretty new to it, but out of the ones I have girls my age seem to like 212 Men the most

Recently... And these are not unsolicited but from friends who know I wear a lot of fragrances.

Bleeker street, mi, allure homme, and bleu. Though, one girl disliked allure and bleu... And another liked them both.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by shotcaller View Post
    This may have been done before, but I did not find anything on my search. I personally have gotten the most female compliments wearing Creed SMW, but my collection is rather slim. So what has been your experience? Is there one you go to that get's the ladies attention and is not worn by every other guy out there?
    These are my favorite here at http://squidoo.com/best-mens-cologne-review
    Looking For Great Review of Mens Cologne, Then Check It Out This Free Guide on Best Mens Cologne at http://squidoo.com/best-mens-cologne-review

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    Bleu de Chanel had a girl literally bury her nose in my neck today.
    Never heard of that one before, will def check out, thanks

My girl: "You always smell sooo good, what's this one called..?"

It was at least 12+ hours into a wearing of Cruel Intentions by Kilian
    sidenote, it was while cuddling after we had sex lol, so I'm sure my body heat reignited it..

I need a full bottle of this juice.
    Current Top 5:
    1. DHI
    2. Oud Wood
    3. Aventus
    4. By. Kilian A Taste of heaven
    5. Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur

dior homme intense
    Hanae Mori
    Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    Bleu de Chanel had a girl literally bury her nose in my neck today.
    Haha how long after you put it on? I tried it for the first time the other day and it took a couple hours before I started to enjoy the smell. How do you feel about the silage?

Quote Originally Posted by thepun View Post
    Haha how long after you put it on? I tried it for the first time the other day and it took a couple hours before I started to enjoy the smell. How do you feel about the silage?
    About 4 hours after application. Bleu is a projection and longevity beast on my skin and i must control my sprays and limit it to only 2 spritzes. I leave a huuuge scent trail with this stuff, one time with 2 sprays i have exited a clothing store leaving a massive scent trail of Bleu my friend told me. Completely filled the store with "sexy manliness" she said. No joke. Definitely in my top 3 projection/sillage monsters, along with TDH edt and Reflection Man.

Again today - I got a nice comment for my Creed Aventus. There is something very special in that bottle that makes woman nuts.

However, the line between overspraying and just the right dosage is very thin... Be careful.

My bottle is empty ... It's time for a refill.

Actually, it's the only bottle that I was able to finish for at least the last 4-5 years.
    Tristan Lavoie
    Marié, infidèle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

Yesterday morning in the check out line at a local convience store...

Chanel Allure Homme Sport

Girl behind me in line: "I'm sorry, but you smell so good, what cologne are you wearing?"
    Me: (aw shucks) Chanel Allure Homme Sport...

The girl looked to be in her late 20's, fairly attractive too.

I'm telling you, Allure Homme Sport gets very little love around here,
    but in my experience, it's probably my most complimented fragrance.
    The important thing is that I like the way it smells, and it has great
    longevity and projection.

This thing with Fierce is getting out of control...
    I applied 2 sprays and it was projecting like a beast.
    I was walking to my university and it seemed like a very young girl was following me.
    Suddenly she stopped me...

"Hey, where are you going?"
    (??!! wtf)
    -"I'm walking to the university."
    "Which campus?"
    -"*****"
    (I can't literally say which one, for my privacy lol)
    "Ooh, well I need to go to another campus, I was just following the bunch since I don't know where it is"
    (??!! wtf)
    "Do you know where campus ****** is?"
    -"No, it's certainly not in this neighborhood"

This whole conversation made no sense. She wasn't even 18.
    We are nearing the end of the school year... how on earth do you not know where your campus is by now?
    She was constantly smiling and giving me those looks... the signals were clear to say the least.
    I don't know how this is possible with Fierce. It drives women of all ages crazy.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 10th May 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Uhhhhhhh.......

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Uhhhhhhh.......
    Isn't it crazy, that you bought 38 fragrances which are highly complimented, but they are not even close to Fierce?
    Huh?

DHI
    Aqcua Di GIO Essenza
    Aventus

to a drop lesser extent

Terre D'Hermes
    Bond No. 9 Bleecker street
    GIT

I get compliments without wearing any scent, but I get even more compliments wearing GF Lui.

Several compliments last night wearing Bvlgari Extreme. Another one that never fails.

I think it would help for most people if people posting could include what age they are as different age groups usually have very different tastes.

^^^agreed

I have gotten a lot of compliments from my missus(24yrs old) on

La nuit de l'homme
    Guerlain sdv
    Kilian's rose oud

And most recently nasomatto duro

In summer my most complimented is DIOR HOMME SPORT.

AVENTUS is surely a compliment getter as everybody knows.

LOLITA LEMPICKA AU MASCULIN is unique and gets lots of compliments.

Girls are dying for REFLECTION MAN.

I got one of the best compliments from a 18 year old gorgeous girl when I was wearing GUCCI POUR HOMME II.

But the king is always YOHJI HOMME...!!! This does not project much. It is kind a skin scent. But It is my most complimented fragrance.

I am glad that YOHJI YAMAMOTO is re-launching in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I wish I liked Aventus more. When I wear it I almost feel like I'm wearing it for everyone else's sake.
    Love yourself, mate

Lynx Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    I think it would help for most people if people posting could include what age they are as different age groups usually have very different tastes.
    Height, weight, and rating on 1-10 beauty/ugly scale would also be nice. A compliment from an unattractive person is of less value than an attractive person obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Height, weight, and rating on 1-10 beauty/ugly scale would also be nice. A compliment from an unattractive person is of less value than an attractive person obviously.
    Huh?! What are you on about? Of course different demographics have different tastes, that's a given. To even say anything else is just glorifying "every person is COMPLETELY different with NO TIES to anyone". Different scents obviously have hints that are more dominant in different age groups, just like ANYTHING else. You're more likely to see a grown man sip whiskey compared to a just turned 18 year old, aren't you? The same thing comes with fragrances. For example, as much as I like ADP Colonia it's not a scent I think would suit someone my age as it feels much more of an eldery or mid-age gentleman kind of scent. That's NOT the impression I want to give. Just like people that are in that age group probably aren't interested in scents that scream teenager.
    If I'd ONLY and ONLY wear fragrances for my own sake then what the hell am I even doing on this forum?! Fragrances to me are just like other things regarding your appearance. It signifies who you are just like most people would agree you wouldn't want to be found as a slouch regarding clothes.
    You can say that you only wear fragrances "for your own sake" as much as anyone else, but I don't believe that for a second. Because then you might as well start wearing the scent of your favourite hamburger or whatever, and who wants that?

EDIT: In fact, why would people even post in this thread? Why would there be 89 pages full of fragrances that net the most amount of compliments from, yes you guessed it, GIRLS and WOMEN. Obviously people are interested in what the other GENDER thinks which in itself is a demographic. Come on, you can connect that together, right!? :EditEnd

And where you got the height, weight and beauty rating from I don't even know as the only thing I asked for was the age demographic. YOU are the one who took that turn towards human categorizing, not Me. I sure as hell hope you're not much older than me, since you're the one who seems to lack basic understanding of things like this.

*Rant off*
    Last edited by Xeley; 12th May 2013 at 09:55 PM.

Huh?! What are you on about? Of course different demographics have different tastes, that's a given. To even say anything else is just glorifying "every person is COMPLETELY different with NO TIES to anyone". Different scents obviously have hints that are more dominant in different age groups, just like ANYTHING else. You're more likely to see a grown man sip whiskey compared to a just turned 18 year old, aren't you? The same thing comes with fragrances. For example, as much as I like ADP Colonia it's not a scent I think would suit someone my age as it feels much more of an eldery or mid-age gentleman kind of scent. That's NOT the impression I want to give. Just like people that are in that age group probably aren't interested in scents that scream teenager.
    If I'd ONLY and ONLY wear fragrances for my own sake then what the hell am I even doing on this forum?! Fragrances to me are just like other things regarding your appearance. It signifies who you are just like most people would agree you wouldn't want to be found as a slouch regarding clothes.
    You can say that you only wear fragrances "for your own sake" as much as anyone else, but I don't believe that for a second. Because then you might as well start wearing the scent of your favourite hamburger or whatever, and who wants that?

EDIT: In fact, why would people even post in this thread? Why would there be 89 pages full of fragrances that net the most amount of compliments from, yes you guessed it, GIRLS and WOMEN. Obviously people are interested in what the other GENDER thinks which in itself is a demographic. Come on, you can connect that together, right!? :EditEnd

And where you got the height, weight and beauty rating from I don't even know as the only thing I asked for was the age demographic. YOU are the one who took that turn towards human categorizing, not Me. I sure as hell hope you're not much older than me, since you're the one who seems to lack basic understanding of things like this.

*Rant off*
    I love the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    I love the internet.
    Me too, good we can agree on that. Seeing how young I am it's good I get.. perspective On different type of people.

Anyhow, less off topic now.

Even better: post the age, more or less, of the person they got the compliment from (I tend to do this). And with that:

M7. I've been wearing through a sample and I got a nice compliment from a woman in her early 30s.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

You can say that you only wear fragrances "for your own sake" as much as anyone else, but I don't believe that for a second.
    Sometimes I wear fragrance purely to enjoy the scent and the experience of wearing it. Rather than likening fragrances as clothing, it's more like cuisine or art. Maybe you're in the mood for a specific type of food or music, and likewise perhaps you want to smell a certain scent just to enjoy it.

Sometimes I also wear fragrance to project a feeling, impression, or image of myself (in this case, the appearance analogy is apt). What I wear and why is a mix between that and simple enjoyment.

However, I believe there are people who mostly or entirely wear fragrance purely to enjoy a scent. It's just like appreciating good music, a favorite movie or book, or eating delicious food.

For these people, wearing a scent has nothing to do with projecting an image or attracting others. I also believe those people are not here posting on this compliments thread (or even on basenotes).

So, you can believe what you want, but keep an open mind that not everyone is on BN for the reasons you are, and people are interested in fragrances for a variety of motivations. When people say "I wear fragrances for myself," perhaps they're telling the truth.

Bleu de Chanel and Frank #2

Banned
    Blog Entries

original issey miyake and armani code

f
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Sometimes I wear fragrance purely to enjoy the scent and the experience of wearing it. Rather than likening fragrances as clothing, it's more like cuisine or art. Maybe you're in the mood for a specific type of food or music, and likewise perhaps you want to smell a certain scent just to enjoy it.

Sometimes I also wear fragrance to project a feeling, impression, or image of myself (in this case, the appearance analogy is apt). What I wear and why is a mix between that and simple enjoyment.

However, I believe there are people who mostly or entirely wear fragrance purely to enjoy a scent. It's just like appreciating good music, a favorite movie or book, or eating delicious food.

For these people, wearing a scent has nothing to do with projecting an image or attracting others. I also believe those people are not here posting on this compliments thread (or even on basenotes).

So, you can believe what you want, but keep an open mind that not everyone is on BN for the reasons you are, and people are interested in fragrances for a variety of motivations. When people say "I wear fragrances for myself," perhaps they're telling the truth.
    I agree with most of what you say, and I probably overdid it earlier. Just got pretty irritated by that other guy going all extremist values or whatever.

Of course you can wear scents purely for your own enjoyment, and likening it with food or art is probably better than clothes to a certain extent. Because after all, you don't go around with your food or art like you do with fragrances and clothes.

I don't think anyone proper would wear a scent they don't enjoy themselves, so that it's a mix of the two is absolutely something I agree on.

And sure, some probably ONLY wear it for themselves, but I think it's pretty safe to say those people are the rather the exception more than the rule to follow. And just like you say, this minority is probably not posting on forums like this, and even less likely in this thread.

Oh I have an open mind, believe me. If I came off as anything else before that's my bad. And sure, as you say, people might mean it when they say it.

However, the fact that simply asking for an age demographic in this type of thread resulted in that other guy going all extremist with it simply aggravated me, probably more than it should have. Plus the "taunting" answer this person later answered with didn't help. Can't believe the person is nearly twice my age. This whole thread is based on what OTHERS think, so of course I want to know who thinks what. That's what I wanted to tell with that, probably unnecessary, long post.
    So if that was unclear, which it probably was I realize now, I'm sorry

Yes, an age report would be good. At present, compliments from older ladies do nothing for me. I care more about what young girl likes

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I agree! Millesime Imperial is by far my most complimented scent. That and Aventus. Simply amazing.

^^ Mfriche has 8 posts and they are all about Creed.

Creed employee alert.

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    ^^ Mfriche has 8 posts and they are all about Creed.

Creed employee alert.
    Nope. I just happened to have had questions pertaining to Creed. I said in my last post I would purchase Mont Blanc Individuel over Original Santal because it smells identical and is more friendly on the wallet.

Creeds are harder to compare/ smell out in my area so I like to see what people think.

- - - Updated - - -

Bond no.9 New Haarlem
    Armani Acqua Di Gio
    YSL La Nuit D Lhomme

Also get insane compliments on my skin
    Last edited by Mfriche; 13th May 2013 at 07:36 PM.

What can I say? Chalk it up again for mighty AVENTUS! I wear so many different fragrances to meetings but as soon as I sit down yesterday with this Creed, I immediately heard, "Oh my! Don't we smell fantastic today!!"
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Hands down 35+ get on there knees for Terre d'Hermes edt.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

For me personally it's Pure Malt

Massive compliment from one of my employees today. She walked into my office and told my secretary across the hall, "he sure smells good today. I could smell him all the way down the hall. That's a really nice scent".

Do I even need to tell you what it was? The funny thing was, I only wore three sprays and was thinking to myself that I can barely smell it. I was really frustrated with it before I got the compliment.

Yes, it's Aventus. It's just a tough one for the wearer to perceive all the time. Other people love it, though.

Farenheit by Dior is up there top 5
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I was wrapping up a very pleasant date and, as I was leaving, she squeezed me and said, " You've been smelling delicious all night! Do me a favor; If you ever empty that bottle of cologne, just give it to me so I can sniff it!" MIDNIGHT IN PARIS, you're making me a proud papa!
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: L'homme

I think we lost 5 months worth of posts here...

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    I think we lost 5 months worth of posts here...
    Does it really matter? Lol...

Had some teen girls follow me around the supermarket a while back, was wearing Azzaro Chrome. Probably only had 2 or MAYBE 3 sprays on.

I know what you're thinking, it's a coincidence, but they were about a foot away from my back, and I heard one whisper about it smelling like soap and asking her friend if she liked it (along those lines anyways) I turned around and they giggled and ran away....Maybe I look like Sloth from the Goonies and I haven't realised yet

This may not even be a compliment, but it got their attention anyways :P

Also, people should post how many sprays there whack on when they receive the compliment. Would be nice to know.

Silver Mountain Water while in my working environment. Jaiphur Homme from quite a few younger ladies while during my relaxing moments.

A V E N T U S and CAEB are thee tops..lately
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Received quite the emphatic compliment on Givenchy Play Intense at school this afternoon.

The usual suspects always come through with, "You smell really good Mr. .....!"
    Platinum Egoiste
    Bleu de Chanel
    YSL La Nuit (w. more gazing looks than words)

Blog Entries

As silly as it may be, I have probably received the most compliments on a popular A*Men clone (that will remain nameless), which I was only trying out before deciding whether to buy the real thing. Absolute honest truth!

Recently, it's invariably been Creed's Aventus or Chanel's Coromandel.
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9