Code of Conduct
Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,640 of 6079

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Nobody is 'judged' on post count - we have a set of rules and opinions on Aventus 'hype' are as valid as opinions on Aventus 'love' - provided they don't attack other members or turn into rants.

My opinion on the whole A subject has been self-censored.....
    Last edited by lpp; 8th March 2014 at 11:27 PM.

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by patrickculverton View Post
    I think Aventus is over-hyped. In fact, I firmly believe that, if Aventus were ever sniffed blindly in an unmarked, plain flacon located in Macy’s or some mall, some of its admirers may not be quite so uncritical. In my eyes, the hype and the reputation (“panty-dropper”) are as much a part of Aventus as its famous pineapple note. Furthermore, to be honest, I find the blind, cultish worship of some of its younger acolytes, and their aggressive response to those who don’t share their unqualified adoration, to be extremely off-putting.
    HAHAHAHA best comment ever on the board of this forum . No other words needed its been perfectly said right there . but hey attack me because im the newbie lmfao.

It was an epic first post imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 57cc View Post
    HAHAHAHA best comment ever on the board of this forum . No other words needed its been perfectly said right there . but hey attack me because im the newbie lmfao.
    I tend to agree with that sentiment too. I had a few girls blind sniffed my samples, and none of them picked out Aventus as their favorites.
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Quote Originally Posted by 57cc View Post
    i own aventus , i like it , i dont go bragging about it like a little kid , and G Man nailed it , i was sharing my opinion with his quoted comment , but it seems that people here are judged on post count and dont want to accept the reality .
    You may not brag about it like a little kid, but your reply's are very juvenile. The title of this thread is what scent gets you the most female compliments. Many people here find that Aventus is their number one compliment getter. Sorry you have a hard time accepting reality.

yes lets stick with posting compliments rather than soapbox hatred of fragrances. there are plenty of threads for that! lol

on topic i got a compliment on creed erolfa!

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Eternity Cologne by my better half and Bvlgari Black from many ladies.

Givenchy pi in the cold months and Creed Aventus for the rest of the year. In the fall I do wear Creed Original Santal
    Last edited by lpp; 9th March 2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: sample request

@ Ghosst - Discussing swaps/sales is not permitted in the discussion threads as it is regarded as Trading.
    Your post has been edited.
    Last edited by lpp; 9th March 2014 at 08:40 PM.

--Aventus (sorry to all of it's detractors but I get a lot of compliments on this one. If you don't like it, no problem, don't wear it…but it has gotten a lot of love when I wear it.)
    --Curve (the original, go figure)
    --L'Homme La Nuit
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Ipp, when did I mention anything about swaps/sales?

Asking for samples in discussion threads is against the rules here, Ghosst.

Default Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Oh, that part, it was part of a signature that I previously had for Tapatalk. My bad I will change that now

Many thanks, Ghosst

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    --Curve (the original, go figure)
    What IS the deal with that stuff?! It's one of my most complimented scents. If I let someone sniff through my collection, their favorites always end up being things like Royal Oud, Interlude Man or Gucci Pour Homme I & II. Those are handsome bottles, for sure. But if I spray paper instead of handing them bottles so they won't know what they're smelling and can only judge based on what they smell, Curve is always one of the favorites. It cracks me up every time!!!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I don't exactly think a female complimenting my fragrance would be a good thing. I'd rather not have anyone comment on how I smell unless I smell bad, then I'd need to know. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    I don't exactly think a female complimenting my fragrance would be a good thing. I'd rather not have anyone comment on how I smell unless I smell bad, then I'd need to know. Lol
    True, and a good point as well. I would rather have a subtle scent, but as a teenager, I would have to state that getting the girls through fragrances is just another Channel of picking them up and getting numbers and all the rest of it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    True, and a good point as well. I would rather have a subtle scent, but as a teenager, I would have to state that getting the girls through fragrances is just another Channel of picking them up and getting numbers and all the rest of it
    Kind of hard to believe that my fragrance back when I was thinking exactly that way (meeting lots of girls) was Givenchy Gentleman. I think that stuff would scare away most high-school girls today - especially wearing it at the levels I did back then - but that was back in the days of Big Patchouli, which was even before the Big Hair '80's!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    What IS the deal with that stuff?! It's one of my most complimented scents. If I let someone sniff through my collection, their favorites always end up being things like Royal Oud, Interlude Man or Gucci Pour Homme I & II. Those are handsome bottles, for sure. But if I spray paper instead of handing them bottles so they won't know what they're smelling and can only judge based on what they smell, Curve is always one of the favorites. It cracks me up every time!!!
    Yeah, don't get this either. I think women's noses must work a little like dogs' sense of hearing - they pick up things men aren't capable of perceiving. I've smelled Curve a few times as a test, and never seemed to "get it'. This post caused me to run down the street to Ross over lunch and buy a 1oz bottle for $12.99 to just see, what IS the fuss that I keep hearing about.

Sprayed some on as soon as I hit the car again, been about 30 mins. And nope... still don't get it I'll give it the girlfriend test this weekend and see what happens.

My guess is that, for Curve, it's all about the musk, which is subtle but essential. It's a middle-musk (for lack of a better term). It isn't skanky or dirty, but it isn't a white musk either. It's somewhere in the middle. I once had a female friend blush over Curve. We've been friends for years and there's nothing romantic going on. One day, she was looking at me strangely. I asked if something was wrong and she said "You smell good. Like, REALLY good." And I thought "Curve? Really?" I've gotten tons of compliments on it through the years, so it shouldn't surprise me when it happens... but it always does.

When you wear it around your girlfriend the first time, make sure you get her opinion before you tell her what it is. I once had a friend roll her eyes at the bottle, but when I started bringing out sprayed papers to get her opinion on a few expensive things I was thinking about buying (grin) she picked the one I'd sprayed with Curve as her favorite. And then she rolled her eyes again when I told her what it was! Her reaction to the name (but not the scent!) is the closest thing to a negative reaction I ever got with Curve.

It's a shame there isn't a reverse version of this thread, where women pick the scents they want men to wear.

My guess is that, for Curve, it's all about the musk, which is subtle but essential. It's a middle-musk (for lack of a better term). It isn't skanky or dirty, but it isn't a white musk either. It's somewhere in the middle. I once had a female friend blush over Curve. We've been friends for years and there's nothing romantic going on. One day, she was looking at me strangely. I asked if something was wrong and she said "You smell good. Like, REALLY good." And I thought "Curve? Really?" I've gotten tons of compliments on it through the years, so it shouldn't surprise me when it happens... but it always does.

When you wear it around your girlfriend the first time, make sure you get her opinion before you tell her what it is. I once had a friend roll her eyes at the bottle, but when I started bringing out sprayed papers to get her opinion on a few expensive things I was thinking about buying (grin) she picked the one I'd sprayed with Curve as her favorite. And then she rolled her eyes again when I told her what it was! Her reaction to the name (but not the scent!) is the closest thing to a negative reaction I ever got with Curve.

It's a shame there isn't a reverse version of this thread, where women pick the scents they want men to wear.
    I guess I'll have to try curve too, then. Thanks for the post man, great story about the "few expensive things" lol!

Got three compliments (2 customers and a co worker) on the one and only Aventus.. I'll admit, I blind purchased it with only sampling it at the counter. Is it nice? It is.. Is it the holy grail? Nah.. In fact, I get more compliments from AHS, TDH and even Burberry Britt.. I do like Aventus but doubt I'll ever spend $200 on it again .

Why would you spend 200 dollars on a fragrance because other people compliment you on it, buy it because you enjoy the smell...

My experience with aventus is it gets more compliments from men curious to no what it is than it does woman. I think youll find woman prefer original santal. Aventus is one of those fragrances that men wear for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Why would you spend 200 dollars on a fragrance because other people compliment you on it, buy it because you enjoy the smell....
    True but its also a added plus when the scent you wear is liked by others, remember just because you enjoy the scent someone else may think it stinks. No one I know buys this stuff to smell bad wether they spend 10.00 or 300.00 its all subjective.

Well this is interesting. In my high school career I've only had one girl compliment me on the fragrance I was wearing which was Versace pour homme. Just a basic aquatic scent. This is the only instance. However I've had females come uncomfortably close to me while talking they trying to get a whiff of the juice I'm wearing. However at the end of the day I wear cologne so I smell good... I smell good I feel good. Attracting the ladies is just a bonus.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jajuicy View Post
    Well this is interesting. In my high school career I've only had one girl compliment me on the fragrance I was wearing which was Versace pour homme. Just a basic aquatic scent. This is the only instance. However I've had females come uncomfortably close to me while talking they trying to get a whiff of the juice I'm wearing. However at the end of the day I wear cologne so I smell good... I smell good I feel good. Attracting the ladies is just a bonus.

This guy definitely gets it in haha. Well at the High School Level Givenchy Pi works, and I'm sure if you have any A&F Fierce it will work too

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    This guy definitely gets it in haha. Well at the High School Level Givenchy Pi works, and I'm sure if you have any A&F Fierce it will work too
    No I can confirm no compliments on fierce... Maybe it's because I layer it with Cuba gold lol

Default Aventus: Possibly the best compliment getter, I have seen

First of all, I'm not an Aventus slut....I own it and wear it occasionally but today I got 5 compliments from 5 separate nurses....now mind you, they were "hefty girls" but they all asked me what I was wearing....I've worn Aventus here and there and received a compliment every now and then but not like today....I sprayed 4-5 blasts this time and I think it helped with projection but by far this fragrance is the only one I have worn out of my collection that has ever got 5 compliments in one day...

Any others you guys have worn that did the same things?

Default Re: Aventus: Possibly the best compliment getter, I have seen

We already have a thread for this
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

So, we'll merge them.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    We already have a thread for this
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

So, we'll merge them.
    Great....

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    First of all, I'm not an Aventus slut....I own it and wear it occasionally but today I got 5 compliments from 5 separate nurses....now mind you, they were "hefty girls" but they all asked me what I was wearing....I've worn Aventus here and there and received a compliment every now and then but not like today....I sprayed 4-5 blasts this time and I think it helped with projection but by far this fragrance is the only one I have worn out of my collection that has ever got 5 compliments in one day...

Is that from a Creed bottle? 4 or 5 sprays from a Creed sprayer is like 8 to 15 from most other sprayers. Creed sprayers are crazy strong and put out a ton of juice. So, yeah, if you wear 8 to 15 sprays of something, you're going to get noticed.

Is that from a Creed bottle? 4 or 5 sprays from a Creed sprayer is like 8 to 15 from most other sprayers. Creed sprayers are crazy strong and put out a ton of juice. So, yeah, if you wear 8 to 15 sprays of something, you're going to get noticed.
    Really??? To me, It's more of a mist than a spray though....5 mists to me is equivalent to perhaps 3 spray blasts from Sycomore.....it's relatively weak as a sprayer to me....

Spray a sheet of paper and see how wet it gets. Creed sprayers put out a ton of juice. I only wear 2 sprays from a Creed, yet my Creed bottles are emptying faster than scents I wear more sprays of and wear more often. It's nuts.

Spray a sheet of paper and see how wet it gets. Creed sprayers put out a ton of juice. I only wear 2 sprays from a Creed, yet my Creed bottles are emptying faster than scents I wear more sprays of and wear more often. It's nuts.
    hmmmm.....I swear my sprayer is more like a vaporizer, but I will check it out...I do 3-4 sprays on just about everything except for perhaps Puredistance M or something more potent and opulent...

my Creed bottles are emptying faster than scents I wear more sprays of and wear more often. It's nuts.
    I know this feeling. Usually it takes a while to notice a decrease in juice level of any of my fragrances, but the Creeds go down FAST. If most average sprayers put out 1ml per ~10-12 sprays, I'd say Creeds do it in ~6.

So could it be that people get so many compliments from Creed fragrances only because they get noticed more easily by spraying so much volume? Especially Aventus, which is very potent to begin with.

My gym hates me

Fat bottomed girls sure make this rockin world go round.

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    So could it be that people get so many compliments from Creed fragrances only because they get noticed more easily by spraying so much volume? Especially Aventus, which is very potent to begin with.
    No one will compliment you if you smell like crap just because you sprayed more volume of crap on you. A lot of creed fragrances smell good period.

Emir by Micallef, worn today for the first time..is a smash hit!

Basenotes Junkie

MFK Lumiere Noire Homme. 2 compliments yesterday, on a cool Spring day. Very typical response. Never actually not been complimented when wearing it.

Everyone loves when LOOOOVES when I wear lelabo's Santal 33.

Back a few posts - LOTS of Women/girls like Curve - end of, they just DO No need to try and understand why - it's just a fact of life. Not EVERY woman in the world of course, but a good number of them.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    No one will compliment you if you smell like crap just because you sprayed more volume of crap on you. A lot of creed fragrances smell good period.
    I've never gotten any compliments wearing Creed although I've gotten plenty wearing fragrances from other houses. And guess what, I don't use the Creed sprayer, all my Creeds are decants, maybe that's why.

My gym hates me

For the people wondering why women enjoy Curve. In the words of Oscar Wilde, "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood."

I think Creeds smell good and are compliment worthy on their own merits, but I do think their strong sprays should not be discounted as a factor. I am a 2-3 spray guy and with my Creeds that's about 4-5 sprays of other brands.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I think Creeds smell good and are compliment worthy on their own merits, but I do think their strong sprays should not be discounted as a factor. I am a 2-3 spray guy and with my Creeds that's about 4-5 sprays of other brands.
    even with GIT and/or VIW? Both are known to have weak longevity

Just got a compliment with Wall Street. I was told that I smelled clean, fresh and like I just got out of the shower.

I cannot comprehend the amount of compliments I get when wearing Aventus from both men and women. I work in the hospital setting and within 8 hours, I had gotten 7 compliments (female nurses from late 20's to mid 30's) and 5 of them even grabbed a piece of paper to write down the name of the scent. I suffer from "olfactory fatigue" from this scent I guess. I cannot smell the darn thing after 45 minutes of application unless I'm sniffing my wrists like a mad man. I applied Aventus at about 2PM. Around 1030PM (exactly 8+ hours) a fellow nurse (super hot) that walked by me texted me a bit later on, "you smell really, REALLY, REALLLLLY damn good!" (verbatim). I tried, but for the life of me could not smell anything on me. Go figure...

^^Don't you have better things to do than checking out Basenotes while working? At this rate Creed will fire you!
    !

My gym hates me

My first 1 OZ bottle of Aventus got me tons of compliments. My newer 2.5 has had a few, but not near as many. Batch differences? Maybe.

...I got 5 compliments from 5 separate nurses...
    Quote Originally Posted by crypto View Post
    ...I work in the hospital setting and within 8 hours, I had gotten 7 compliments (female nurses from late 20's to mid 30's) and 5 of them even grabbed a piece of paper to write down the name of the scent...
    Here we have it guys, Aventus is the number 1 fragrance to get nurses! Lol

I haven't worn my sample of it many times, but I too think it's a darn good one! It even reminds me a lot of a fragrance by O Boticário (brazilian fragrance company) called Connexion:
    http://www.boticario.com.br/Connexio...-100ml-10182/p

Any other brazilians feel the same?
    Of course Aventus has higher quality and smells better too, IMHO. But if I'm on a budget I'll go with Connexion without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    ^^Don't you have better things to do than checking out Basenotes while working? At this rate Creed will fire you!
    !
    Who said I was still at work when I made my post?? Nice try at sarcasm...

Quote Originally Posted by crypto View Post
    I cannot comprehend the amount of compliments I get when wearing Aventus from both men and women. I work in the hospital setting and within 8 hours, I had gotten 7 compliments (female nurses from late 20's to mid 30's) and 5 of them even grabbed a piece of paper to write down the name of the scent. I suffer from "olfactory fatigue" from this scent I guess. I cannot smell the darn thing after 45 minutes of application unless I'm sniffing my wrists like a mad man. I applied Aventus at about 2PM. Around 1030PM (exactly 8+ hours) a fellow nurse (super hot) that walked by me texted me a bit later on, "you smell really, REALLY, REALLLLLY damn good!" (verbatim). I tried, but for the life of me could not smell anything on me. Go figure...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    My first 1 OZ bottle of Aventus got me tons of compliments. My newer 2.5 has had a few, but not near as many. Batch differences? Maybe.
    I just think that the novelty of the basic format is starting to wear off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I just think that the novelty of the basic format is starting to wear off a bit.
    edited.
    Last edited by martinijo; 16th March 2014 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Could be. To field test a little, I wore it to church this morning where I knew I'd come into close contact with many, many people. Zippo.

Could be. To field test a little, I wore it to church this morning where I knew I'd come into close contact with many, many people. Zippo.
    Yeah I wouldnt gauge its effectiveness like that. People close to you could've been wow'd regardless. There have been many times where I've been wow'd by someone's fragrance and I debate whether I should ask about it -- especially when I'm on the go.

Got an unsolicited compliment from a lady at the bar last night. It was Royal Oud, this stuff is so classy and lasts a long time on me .

Can't wait for the " which is the holiest batch " thread.
    Jesus...
    (literally)

Last edited by martinijo; 16th March 2014 at 09:16 PM.

I got a few compliments while wearing Chanel PE, said I smelled like I just got out of the shower lol