Code of Conduct
Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 49 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,940 of 6351
    Basenotes Member

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I spent a moment trying to figure it out before giving up. Would there be anyway to input this thread into a word frequency program in order to see the fragrances that get mentioned most?

Quote Originally Posted by David531 View Post
    I spent a moment trying to figure it out before giving up. Would there be anyway to input this thread into a word frequency program in order to see the fragrances that get mentioned most?
    There's a lot of pages to sift through but someone did that exact thing probably 15 or 20 pages back. I'm on my phone or I'd look it up. It was very detailed.

Basenotes Member

Ah found it, for anyone curious:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yNk5fLWc#gid=0

And a thanks to Vellyr, must have been quite the labor.

I'm surprised Green Irish Tweed received the second most compliments, however.

An extremely rare 3 compliment day on my sotd - Parfumerie Generale Indochine.

Creed Windsor yesterday got a nice compliment.

Basenotes Plus

While the information is interesting it by no means can be relied on as a guide. That is more indicitive of what is popular with basenoters.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    While the information is interesting it by no means can be relied on as a guide. That is more indicitive of what is popular with basenoters.
    Of course. But if the whole purpose of this nearly 100 page thread is to see which fragrances yield compliments for specific users, then I definitely think aggregated information from such a huge sample size serves at least some purpose, flawed though it may be.

Huge compliments x 3 today by my lady for Virgin Island Water. Unsolicited. Just one spray.

This one is great in the summer and only the summer IMO.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Allure homme sport,ysl lhomme,and bosx bottled seem to work really well with ladies here in cali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Venomslayer209 View Post
    Allure homme sport,ysl lhomme,and bosx bottled seem to work really well with ladies here in cali

These are not my favorites by any means but ladies seem to love them

Using Tapatalk

Versace pour homme, Aventus and Bleu are all attracting a steady flow of compliments for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    Versace pour homme, Aventus and Bleu are all attracting a steady flow of compliments for me.
    I second the bleu ladies luv it

Using Tapatalk

Of course. But if the whole purpose of this nearly 100 page thread is to see which fragrances yield compliments for specific users, then I definitely think aggregated information from such a huge sample size serves at least some purpose, flawed though it may be.
    More like..popular with people that come in to contact with basenoters.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post

I'm surprised Green Irish Tweed received the second most compliments, however.
    Well again that list isnt so much a list of most complimented fragrances. It really is more of a what is popular with basenoters. GIT is a popular fragrance on this forum. Therefore it will get more wearings and more exposure than many of the other mainstream designer scents on the list. That is why your seeing it in the top 5. You cant have a "what should be my first niche purchase" thread without it at least being mentioned if not heavily recommended. If you were to ask this same question on A&F forum fierce would be in the top 5 just because how many fans of that brand wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by DayKid2 View Post
    More like..popular with people that come in to contact with basenoters.
    Not really. Yes these people are the ones giving the compliment but that doesnt mean they even know what the scent is. It just means they find what they have encountered to be appealing. Not that they wear it or that it would be popular in their circle of friends. Getting a compliment on a fragrance is highly dependent on the frequency of wear. If you only wear Aventus once every other month or so you may never receive a compliment. Hell you may get one every time you wear it but if you wear bleu de chanel 3-4 times a week and its your signature scent you may only get complimented on it twice a month but it all ready places higher than aventus because it gets more exposure. Lets face it most basenoters come into contact with the general public. And to get a compliment in public on your fragrance you have to wear it. Having GIT place high on a list compiled from this site shows that it is popular here. Not with those smelling it on them. And actually its not even indicative of what is popular on the forum but rather what is popular with those who actually chose to participate in this thread.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 13th July 2014 at 04:42 PM.

Bond No 9 Scent of Peace for him did it again.............. This time with my 2 mother in laws (2 beautiful women I must say, another whole story). I went in a family-visiting trip Yesterday with my wife. After arriving at my first MIL's house, she just screamed about that "incredible and sexy" smell coming from me. Then she asked me the exact name of the fragrance, noted and now will buy it for her man. THen I left and went to the second MIL's house. Right after she hugged me, she just holed me there for about an extra minute to just keep smelling me, and said "you have to be the best smelling man in the world".

After all of these reactions I have gotten with this scent (including my wife), there must be something this fragrance has that women seem to appreciate and get excited about (at least, puertorican women that I interact with). It basically jumped into my most complieted fragrance spot, when taking in consideration 100% of the time I have used this I have gotten a compliment, which no other fragrance had achieved, not by a long shot.

Accordingly, I think I will be using the fragrance when I need a safe scent that will be liked by women around me.

Well again that list isnt so much a list of most complimented fragrances. It really is more of a what is popular with basenoters. GIT is a popular fragrance on this forum. Therefore it will get more wearings and more exposure than many of the other mainstream designer scents on the list. That is why your seeing it in the top 5. You cant have a "what should be my first niche purchase" thread without it at least being mentioned if not heavily recommended. If you were to ask this same question on A&F forum fierce would be in the top 5 just because how many fans of that brand wear it.

Not really. Yes these people are the ones giving the compliment but that doesnt mean they even know what the scent is. It just means they find what they have encountered to be appealing. Not that they wear it or that it would be popular in their circle of friends. Getting a compliment on a fragrance is highly dependent on the frequency of wear. If you only wear Aventus once every other month or so you may never receive a compliment. Hell you may get one every time you wear it but if you wear bleu de chanel 3-4 times a week and its your signature scent you may only get complimented on it twice a month but it all ready places higher than aventus because it gets more exposure. Lets face it most basenoters come into contact with the general public. And to get a compliment in public on your fragrance you have to wear it. Having GIT place high on a list compiled from this site shows that it is popular here. Not with those smelling it on them. And actually its not even indicative of what is popular on the forum but rather what is popular with those who actually chose to participate in this thread.
    I think you're taking this thread a little too seriously.

Just to kinda troll you guys(although it did happen).. Today someone came in, and was like wow who smells good? Came closer got a sniff of me and like ya thats it.

It was Aventu.....

Cedrat boise lol

Dude, it's just a compliment thread. Not some scientific study!
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

K..

Got my first Encre Noire Sport compliment today at a client meeting. "Wow, you smell great today!" always has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    Got my first Encre Noire Sport compliment today at a client meeting. "Wow, you smell great today!" always has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
    Yes it does. They never get old.

I received more "you smell sooooooo good" style compliments from girls/women back when I didn't wear any mens fragrance at all and only wore Old Spice Pure Sport deodorant. It happened often.

Ladies seem to love Perry Ellis 360 red. Got tons of compliments from that one.

sigh....Aventus. It's not my personal favorite scent but it does get you compliments from both men and women. Someone actually purchased this (not a frag head himself) because he loved it so much...I didn't even have to say anything other than tell him what it was. Whether you dis on this fragrance it simply does it.

I got a big compliment from a CVS Pharmacy cashier about two weeks ago. I had applied Aventus about 10 hours earlier and had told my wife that I was disappointed in its lasting power about an hour earlier. Then boom...

I had walked away from the cashier when she asked my wife if either my sons or I had cologne on and that she liked it. I walked back over to her and leaned in and she confirmed that it was me. Same thing happened about two years ago at a different pharmacy (got a compliment from a cashier on Aventus). So while I can barely smell it, obviously others can for hours.

Say what you want about Creed, for me Aventus and GIT are the compliment kings. Aventus in particular draws compliments from complete strangers.

Xeryus Rouge and Dunhill Desire continue being my number one compliment getters. Curiously, both bottles are red.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

My wife gave me a thumbs up for.....

Eau Radieuse (Humiecki & Graef).
    "Smells like a Harvest Festival - bread and vegetables"

That's the greatest fragrance compliment she has given in a long while.

Work that one out!

Quote Originally Posted by Watches and Cologne View Post
    Ladies seem to love Perry Ellis 360 red. Got tons of compliments from that one.
    Exactly. This is highly liked by the ladies.
    It's so much better than ADG.

Quote Originally Posted by Probo View Post
    My wife gave me a thumbs up for.....

Eau Radieuse (Humiecki & Graef).
    "Smells like a Harvest Festival - bread and vegetables"

That's the greatest fragrance compliment she has given in a long while.

Work that one out!
    If she's hungry, that's awesome!

Out of all my colognes, including Dior Intense, Bleu De Chanel, A*Men, and even a bottle of Aventus, my girlfriend loves the most out of all the rest............Perry Ellis Aqua.

......................................I know. I don't get it either.

Lately its been with Polo Modern Reserve.

I get instant compliments with Bois D'argent
    Using Tapatalk

I have received numerous compliments from the ladies when wearing Boss #6 & Lalique's- White.

Apple pie & pencil shavings..who knew?

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

two elderly women flipped out on me for Ho Hang Club. One pulled the carnation right out and said it reminded her of her youth.

My ex wife said she liked everything I wore except for my Pinaud collection which I am quite fond of hahaha.

I was at a wake where a man and a woman commented on my wearing of Eucris

Bleu de chanel gets me the most female compliments, i personally dont like it that much but women seem to love it. My gf likes la nuit de l'homme on me. But most of the time i just wear what i like the most and that is GIT

Issey miyake

Basenotes Plus

Just noting that the thread title has been altered slightly as requested here.
    Thanks.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most compliments?

I'm going to have to say CK Escape....I know...I know...but it's true

A good elevator-compliment from a female stranger at the mall, Yesterday. Just my second time wearing Bergamote 22 (new purchase) and it's already causing some Havoc ; ) hehehe. In my opinion, the fragrance is a total masterpiece and even better, its seems to be well liked by non-fragrance enthusiasts as well.

I get my compliments with my designers, bleu de chanel and l'homme do excellently. Surprisingly the one that gets tons of compliments from international individuals (I'm American) is burberry brit, not sure why that is. But those are my tops!

Dior - Ambre Nuit.
    Current top 5.

1. FM - Musc Ravageur ( Lovely cinammon and vanilla mix )
    2. Xerjoff - Kobe ( Very well made and addictive )
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille ( Sparks my imagination of an old English shop )
    4. Creed - Aventus ( Lovely pineapple, great longevity and sillage )
    5. Nasomatto - Black Afgano ( Unique and long lasting as it's parfum )

excuse my ignorance but what is MI

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by evh View Post
    excuse my ignorance but what is MI
    Creed - millesime imperial

On topic, I got a couple compliments on Aventus yesterday. I really can not get enough of this scent.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Just noting that the thread title has been altered slightly as requested here.
    Thanks.
    Weird decision. It's like you would ask on a culinary forum "what's the best chilli sauce" and when the members give answers you change the title to "what's the best sauce". There is a big difference between males and females, especially when it comes to taste. Most of the guys on this forum only care about the compliments from the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Weird decision. It's like you would ask on a culinary forum "what's the best chilli sauce" and when the members give answers you change the title to "what's the best sauce". There is a big difference between males and females, especially when it comes to taste. Most of the guys on this forum only care about the compliments from the ladies.
    I agree. One of the most common questions in this forum - the male fragrance discussion forum - is about which scents women like. The question comes up so often, in fact, that a thread about which fragrances get the most compliments from women is now 99 pages long. Ninety Nine Pages Long. It seems odd to change the topic 99 pages into a thread.

And it is a change of topic.

The scents I've gotten compliments on from men are very different than the ones I've gotten compliments on from women.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I agree. One of the most common questions in this forum - the male fragrance discussion forum - is about which scents women like. The question comes up so often, in fact, that a thread about which fragrances get the most compliments from women is now 99 pages long. Ninety Nine Pages Long. It seems odd to change the topic 99 pages into a thread.

And it is a change of topic.

The scents I've gotten compliments on from men are very different than the ones I've gotten compliments on from women.
    Well, this is the same site that switched platforms with absolutely no plan to restore the data before turning it back on, losing 7(?) months of posts, etc...

Ready... Fire... Aim!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Well, this is the same site that switched platforms with absolutely no plan to restore the data before turning it back on, losing 7(?) months of posts, etc...

Ready... Fire... Aim!
    I 100% agree with you Doug, 7 monts of information is too much to be lost in a trash pile. Someone must bring that data back, as promised.

Basenotes Plus

Sorry to have caused such chaos - have reverted to the original title.

Basenotes Plus

Last compliment I received was for Tom of Finland. It came from a fe-less female.

byandthrough

I recently purchased a bottle of GIT after testing out decants of it for several months, and really really enjoying it. I've worn it before and my wife has complimented me, but I wore it last night to a bday party and had my sister in law asking me what I was wearing, saying enthusiastically that it was "very, VERY nice." Almost like she was taken aback by how nice it smelled. So yeah, I'm pretty happy GIT is now in my collection and I see now what all the fuss is about.

The same female security guard where I work who liked my Aventus a few weeks ago.
    This time I was talking at the front desk with another security guard as I was leaving for the day.
    She walked by and commented to the other guard "Damn, Steve even smells good after working all day in the machine shop."

This time it was Polo green.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

I don't see that you caused any "chaos." You were just trying something different, and as always meant well. Don't worry.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Today I received a nice complement from a female cashier. I was wearing Pure Wood by Mugler and she said I smelled nice.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank god things are back to normal. That was a rough 48hours.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    I don't see that you caused any "chaos." You were just trying something different, and as always meant well. Don't worry.

Thank you

I got the motivation to try La Nuit de l`Homme by Yves Saint Laurent from its positive feedback on this thread.A very pleasant,mild,special,fresh and decent fragrance which garnered several applaudes from ladies n gents alike. no doubt its difficult to exactly describe this unique creation as I just feel that i m wearing something fresh and clean.....its the people who tell u how great u smell.
    surely one of the few high class fragrances that wont offend even the most anti perfume types

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Today I received a nice complement from a female cashier. I was wearing Pure Wood by Mugler and she said I smelled nice.

I've been getting nice compliments for La Nuit de l'Homme also

But, since I first posted on this thread when I first joined, I think Carolina Herrera 212 Men has emerged as my overall top female compliment-getter. I'm a little surprised, since it's such a sleeper on BN, I am often the only one who ever suggests it. Just a few weeks ago, I went to pick up a woman who I was wooing, and when we hugged she reacted instantaneously, "OMG what are you wearing, that smells so good?!". She grabbed me by the shirt and started sniffing, but I was so befuddled I kept stuttering my words until I finally managed to blurt out "212 Man!", but by then she was talking over me again, "you smell so good!". Obviously, this was a best-case scenario, but it sure was nice ... and no surprise it happened while I was wearing 212 Man. And yes, I realize that reaction wasn't all about the fragrance
    Last edited by Uvalde; 20th July 2014 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvalde View Post
    But, since I first posted on this thread when I first joined, I think Carolina Herrera 212 Men has emerged as my overall top female compliment-getter. I'm a little surprised, since it's such a sleeper on BN, I am often the only one who ever suggests it. Just a few weeks ago, I went to pick up a woman who I was wooing, and when we hugged she reacted instantaneously, "OMG what are you wearing, that smells so good?!". She grabbed me by the shirt and started sniffing, but I was so befuddled I kept stuttering my words until I finally managed to blurt out "212 Man!", but by then she was talking over me again, "you smell so good!". Obviously, this was a best-case scenario, but it sure was nice ... and no surprise it happened while I was wearing 212 Man. And yes, I realize that reaction wasn't all about the fragrance

I usually don't check out EDT's. But, I was surprised how good this smells. This is definitely a sleeper.