Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Default Re: Your most complimented frags this year from the opposite sex

(Ranked according to the number of compliments garnered - admittedly they werent a whole lot)

1) Original Santal
    2) Gendarme
    3) Millesime Imperial
    4) Chergui
    5) Green Irish Tweed
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rose
    Me:

(1) Gris Clair
    (2) Kouros
    (3) Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    (4) Musc Ravageur
    (5) Voleur de Roses
    Although not my personal favorite, the one that gets me the most compliments is Creed MI. Chergui has gotten quite a bit of compliments, so has Chic.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

First Tier:
    Geir
    A*Men
    Live jazz
    Bulgari Aqua

Second Tier:
    Yang
    Varvatos
    Egoiste
    Kouros
    L'Air du Desert Morocain
    Chergui

Keep in mind this is really unscientific because a lot of it has to do with how frequently I wear a given scent. If this wear wearings/compliments ratio, the stats would be a bit different. It also doesn't take into account the quality of the compliments.

No question: CdG Sequoia. The juice just wears extremely well on me. I've gotten 5 compliments in one day wearing this. A distant 2nd would be Creed MI.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rose
    Me:
    (1) Gris Clair
    (2) Kouros
    (3) Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    (4) Musc Ravageur
    (5) Voleur de Roses
    Maybe I would like to compliment you an all of the above - what sex are you? I love your frags !
    Last edited by narcus; 30th September 2006 at 07:54 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Sad to say but I have only received two compliments this year (on Dior Homme and on Chergui), both from a good friend. Sadly it seems to be pretty unusual to compliment strangers on frags. What a shame....
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

1. Magnetism (as usual)
    2. L'Air du Desert Marocain, and i've only had it for about a week haha...lookin good!!
    3. Rush (didn't expect this at all)
    4. Bleecker Street
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz
    1. Magnetism (as usual)
    I've worn Magnetism for several years now, and I'd say it's about as close to a signature frag I have in my wardrobe. In spite of this, I've never once received a compliment from it! Nice to see it is being received well on other members...

Here's my top five:

1. Givenchy pH BL
    2. Candies
    3. Paris Hilton
    4. Fierce
    5. Code

Magnetism by Escada is awesome.Yea,had loads of compliments on this one as well.I think because of its fantastic sillage

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    Maybe I would like to compliment you an all of the above - what sex are you? I love your frags !
    Haha! Thanks! (I am male)

Blog Entries

Don't really care about the opposite sex, but here are my biggest compliment grabbers:

Kenneth Cole Reaction
    Givenchy Pi
    Lolita Lempicka au masculin
    Chrome
    TM Cologne
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    Lolita Lempicka au masculin
    I get huge compliments on this one, I was dancing with a girl at a club and she suggested I go home with her because I smelled so good, later that night I'm back at the university in a different girls dorm room, she wanted to sleep with me because I smelled so good, the next day i'm wearing it again and my girlfriend tackles me and...well you get the picture.
    2. FCUK him
    3. Emporio Armani
    4. Editions Malle L'eau D'hiver
    5. Azzaro Visit
    and 6. Givenchy VI summer
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Geir
    Rive Gauche
    Bois du Portugal
    Coriolan
    Ungaro III
    Parfum d'Habit
    Baie de Genievre

Oh, and Black Jeans
    Last edited by Johnny_Wx; 30th September 2006 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCase
    I get huge compliments on this one, I was dancing with a girl at a club and she suggested I go home with her because I smelled so good, later that night I'm back at the university in a different girls dorm room, she wanted to sleep with me because I smelled so good, the next day i'm wearing it again and my girlfriend tackles me and...well you get the picture.
    2. FCUK him
    3. Emporio Armani
    4. Editions Malle L'eau D'hiver
    5. Azzaro Visit
    and 6. Givenchy VI summer
    Wow... now I feel REALLY stupid for not bringing this one to college! Damnit! I'm just now thinking that there's some chance that I swapped this one... shit. I really hope I didn't. Actually, this should definately be on my compliments list because I got great comps on it whenvever I wore it. For some reason it pissed me off once when I wore it and I gave up on it. I was being stupid and impatient, as it's actually good stuff. Btw, what are you doin messing with all these ladies when you have a gf? Shame on you.

Head and shoulders above all the others are Silver Mountain Water and Millesime Imperial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Head and shoulders above all the others are Silver Mountain Water and Millesime Imperial.
    That's odd - I guess your complimenters have "no taste" (just kidding, of course), for there's other threads flowing at the moment that seem to say that Creed(s) in general "basically suck/are not well-blended/not worthy/are just marketing-hype/etc., etc."

On a side note, haggis is a well-blended concoction of (at the minimum):

Stomach bag and pluck (heart, liver and lights of a sheep - can substitute a selection of organ meats)

2 onions, peeled
    2 c pinhead oatmeal (Irish oatmeal)
    1 2/3 c suet
    salt & pepper
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

1) Green Irish Tweed
    2) Milliseme Imperial
    3) Egoiste

Dior Homme

Just this year?

Hmm, probably...

Boss Bottled
    Rive Gauche
    Guerlain Vetiver w Bvlgari PH
    Ungaro III
    Santal Floris
    Opium
    Burberry London (new one)

1. Millesime Imperial
    2. Duc de Vervins
    3. TBD!

I only started this hobby this year.

SMW/MI are definitely #1 in my list (recently been told that I smelled 'pretty,' I didn't know whether I should have been offended or appreciative.) Only problem is the longevity of SMW, which was never a problem before.
    Last edited by chris2005; 2nd October 2006 at 03:39 AM.

Thrax

Today I went out with a girl who just coudnt stop smelling/complimenting me. The scent: A heavy dose of Marc Jacobs

1) Terre d'Hermes (though not my favorite)
    2) Lanvin Arpege
    3) Dolce & Gabbana

I also received a "lifetime achievement award" of sorts when the female employees where I used to work said "and he always used to smell so good" at a meeting where my name came up. I left that place about 2 years ago.

1 by a wide margin is Andron for Men by Jovan. I don't know if it is the pheromones in it or what but since I started using this in the early 80's women have just loved this stuff on me
    2 Givenchy Gentleman
    3 Ungaro III
    4 Relax by Davidoff
    5 Cool Water

1. Purple Label
    2. Armani Code Pour Homme
    3. Romance Silver
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    Gary

In no order: givenchy's Pi, Boucheron's Jaïpue Homme, Chanel's Égoïste, EANightHe, 4711, Versaces's Black Jeans, Samsara, Dior's Dolce Vita, Benetton BClean Fresh, Chanel's Allure Homme, Givenchy's Insesé, Dior's Fahrenheit, Paris Hilton for Men, TedLapidus Excited, Agua Fresca by Adolfo Dominguez
    ...are those that i remember the most!

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    In no order: givenchy's Pi, Boucheron's Jaïpue Homme, Chanel's Égoïste, EANightHe, 4711, Versaces's Black Jeans, Samsara, Dior's Dolce Vita, Benetton BClean Fresh, Chanel's Allure Homme, Givenchy's Insesé, Dior's Fahrenheit, Paris Hilton for Men, TedLapidus Excited, Agua Fresca by Adolfo Dominguez
    ...are those that i remember the most!
    Hehe..I don't know if those scents are your most used, but checked your wardrobe, and you've got dozens of niche-scents, whilst not a single one is mentioned on your list here:P
    Guess that says quite a lot about how well appreciated niches are amongst other ignorant people..

Default Re: Your top 5 most complimented frags this year from the opposite sex

Quote Originally Posted by FatTony
    Dude - I don't think I've gotten 5 compiments ever, let alone 5 this year.
    Me neither! Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong? Although, given what I'm currently wearing, I hope that Burberry London or CdG Sequoia work their magic.

Brit
    Bulgari Aqua
    Indivudel

Allure, Xeryus Rouge and Green Irish Tweed i think have had the most compliments. Hopefully once i've worn it more often i'll be able to add Musc Ravageur to this list as that's one i think really deserves some compliments!

Cristobal

Wild Amber (Oriscent.com)

Burberry's Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
    Hehe..I don't know if those scents are your most used, but checked your wardrobe, and you've got dozens of niche-scents, whilst not a single one is mentioned on your list here:P
    Guess that says quite a lot about how well appreciated niches are amongst other ignorant people..
    You got that right...i get a lot of: what is that you're wearing?(add strange look here) and i say the name of the niche in my best french (or italian if necessary) and they look puzzled and then i say: i paid more than 100$ for it and they say: oh it's fabulous!
    The thing is i have gotten very few complimets for niches but those scents i mentioned are the ones that not only i use the most, but get loads of compliments.
    Like most basenoters, i do wear one different frag everyday,and sometimes even more than one in a single day!

You got that right...i get a lot of: what is that you're wearing?
    I get a lot of that myself, especially with the stuff from Oriscent.

My (female) friends have commented on these fragrances: Recently, Terre d'Hermes (one of my biggest hits), seconded by L'Eau Bleue, KenzoAir and Aqua. B*Men was also nicely complimented last year. Several years ago, Body Kouros and Live Jazz garnered many compliments as well. Hanae Mori and mat:male were also very much appreciated.

Scents like M7, Kouros Cologne Sport, both by YSL were much less noticed, as were L'Anarchiste and L'Iinstant (I may not wear them as well).

Essentially then, what people like (at least at the office) are fresh, aquatic, fruity scents with restrained spice.

My take.

1. Dolce and Gabbana (mistaken for jean paul gaultier)
    2. Eternity for men

Never had a compliment from Armani City Glam for men, nor Lacoste Pur Homme – both not to anyones taste, other than maybe a chav. They’re sporty or just plan foul. Obsession wasn’t great either. Jazz was ok first 6 months then it turned to something Yardley might produce (remember GOLD?)

I’m going down the manly leather/pine/smoke route next, wish me luck, I may pull a squirrel

Rugby Pete:

"pull a squirrel"?

Thumbs up Re: Your most complimented frags this year from the opposite sex

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line
    Rugby Pete:

"pull a squirrel"?
    Its woody

Tea for Two probably.

Leonard Pour Homme (discontinued)
    Egoïste by Chanel
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme by Yves St. Laurent
    Benetton Colors Uomo by Benetton (Believe it or not!)

And my number one compliment-getter this year:

H.O.T. Always by Bond No. 9

In no order:

Chrome
    Rive Gauche
    Gucci ph
    Kouros
    Chanel pour monsieur

Not all of these frags are my 'crowd pleasers', but they have to be put on my list because, frankly, I don't wear my 'safe' frags very often. For example, Reaction, Platinum Egoiste, Tommy 10, Polo Black, L'Eau D'Issey, TM Cologne: these would garner me the most compliments if I wore them more often (or at all). Fortunately for me, I spray what I want these days- yes, this means that I sometimes end up going out in Antaeus or Knize Ten. On the other hand, smelling good to other peoples' noses has really done nothing for me in the past except for the occasional compliment. I would feel silly wearing low-rider jeans to a bar even if everyone told me they looked great; in the same vein, I feel silly wearing Reaction even though I know that most girls adore it.

I can't wait to meet someone wearing something with substance... love at first smell!

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

I think Bvlgari - Eau Parfumée Au Thé Blanc.

Let's see..

All time...V'E Versace, I've been wearing this for 8 yrs. and always without fail get I get compliments on it.

this year...Bleecker St. by Bond No.9

I've only owned Bvlgari Au the Rouge for 2 months now and will easily be my most complimented fragrance next year. I have never got so many compliments in a two month span...I love this fragrance..it has easily moved into my top five now..

Why So Serious?

Not just this year, but i think my most complimented fragrance ever is Millesime Imperial, but this one really bugs me because while i dont smell it on myself after a few hours, others can certainly notice it after a long day, so i'm unable to enjoy it as much as them, truly is sad as i really love this uplifting aroma-aromatherapy at its best.

Others:
    Body Kouros
    Rochas Man
    Mat Male
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

For me this would be Boss's Baldassarini. After that Creed's Tabarome. Then Creed's GIT.

Sometimes I wonder if women like to smell what they actually want to wear. Though I'm sure the gf has a different set of preferences than the woman in the elevator. Could that be why men's fragrances have been converging over time to women's fragrances?

Compliments? Yeah, those are few and far between.

This year:

Body Kouros
    Calvin Klein Truth
    M7
    Allure Homme

I got more compliments when I wore Axe Sprays.

Terre D'Hermes

Compliments? None!

wait...there was that time...uhh,

Drakkar Noir. D'oh!

I hate when that happens. Of all the great selections, and its Drakkar that gets the cheese.

Got rid of it though, couldnt abide it in the long run.

Hey, at least I left it on a good note. My last one night stand, maybe.

Without a single doubt :

GAULTIER 2

Burberry BRIT won. Also Dunhill Edition, Allure and Desire Red.
    Last edited by KiatBkk; 1st February 2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: add more
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I would say CK Eternity. Got a compliment yesterday in line waiting to vote.

The winner goes to Michael by Michael Kors

Following are the less noticed ones who still got some compliments from the opposite sex:
    Fracas - Robert Piguet
    Opium Fleur de Shanghai - YSL

AND... most recently Jolie Madame from my dad!

1. CD Homme - wins by a mile!
    2. YSL M7 - the odd compliment...

Opium homme eau de parfum
    who'd da thought?

Default Re: Most compliments from the opposite sex

NUMBERS ONE, TWO, THREE AND FOUR -- HANDS DOWN, FAR AND AWAY:
    The Dreamer by Versace
    Escada For Men by Escada
    Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle
    Calvin for Men by Calvin Klein (Draws men more than women, though, which works for me. <G>)

And the runners-up, in no particular order:

Lagerfeld Classic by Lagerfeld
    Havana (and Havana Reserva) by Aramis
    Devin by Aramis
    Aramis by Aramis
    Jean Pascal Pour Homme by Jean Pascal
    Catalyst For Men by Halston
    Knize Ten by Knize
    Kouros by Yves St. Laurent
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme (reg. or Intense) by Yves St. Laurent
    M7 by Yves St. Laurent
    Body Kouros by Yves St. Laurent
    Paul Sebastian For Men (Original) by Paul Sebastian
    Cacharel Pour Homme by Cacharel
    Ricci Club by Nina Ricc
    Chaps by Ralph Lauren
    Polo by Ralph Lauren
    Polo Crest by Ralph Lauren
    Santos by Cartier
    Black Cashmere by Donna Karan
    Monsieur Musk by Houbigant (And at $12.00 a bottle, it's well worth all the sniffing and ooh-ing and ah-ing.)
    Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche (Old Faithful. Go figure.)
    Shalimar (and Shalimar Light) by Guerlain
    Heritage by Guerlain
    Coriolan by Guerlain
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 8th November 2006 at 02:35 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

That long list above aside for a moment, though, here are the scents that I dearly love that NEVER seem to get me compliments, no matter the case:

Iquitos (Dark and rosy, kinda like Voleur de Roses and Ungaro III.)
    Kiehl's Original Musk (Many more people say, "You smell like suntan lotion.")
    Halston 1-12 (I love it, but, apparently, no one around me notices.)
    Dali for Men (" -- must be too avant-garde or something.)
    CKOne (So unisex that perhaps it's just a feel-good scent.)
    CKBe (Apparently, this one's pretty much the same.)
    CKOne Scene (Ditto that again, Fred.)
    Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia by Guerlain (I happen to LIKE smelling like high class Scope, but no one else gives a crap.)
    Must de Cartier Pour Homme Essence by Cartier (Have only been asked, "Hey, are you wearing perfume today?")
    L'Instant Pour Homme by Guerlain (Ditto that. What a pity -- I love this scent.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 8th November 2006 at 02:31 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Purple Label by Ralph Lauren.....And there is not even a close 2nd.....Gary

Thrax

Usualy the ones that I dont like wearing that much. Like Silver Mountain Water.

1. Oscar de la Renta pour Lui
    2. L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme
    3. Jacomo de Jacomo
    4. Romeo Gigli

Thumbs up Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

The two that have gotten me consistent compliments are Gucci Pour Homme and ...believe it or not, Jockey Club by Caswell&Massey.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Cool Water, John Varvatos, Rose 31, and Lucky You.
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.