Code of Conduct
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112
Results 6,661 to 6,712 of 6712
  1. #6661
    Dependent FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,771

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by w1x View Post
    meeting one of my best lady friends while going to my car

    lady friend - "are you wearing Mont Blanc?"
    me - "no, its Abercrombie"
    lady friend - "well its smells wow, really good!"

    after 15 minuts while driving to university together

    lady friend - "wow im telling you, your fragrance! i need to buy it for my boyfriend!"

    A&F Fierce...what can i say, i keep wearing many fragrances - Fierce keeps getting the compliments
    Do you work at Abercrombie and Fitch? Just out of curiosity.....
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR Winter/Spring:
    1.) The Different Company De Bachmakov
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) LampBlack
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Creed's Silver Mountain Water
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

    For Sale: Xerjoff, Lush, Nicolai, Valentino Uomo, Mark Birley -


  2. #6662

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Do you work at Abercrombie and Fitch? Just out of curiosity.....
    hahaha i wish! i dont even live in the US i'm from europe!

    so half of the people here works for CREED? #Aventus

  3. #6663

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Basenotes work for Creed. You didn't know?
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

    My gym hates me

  4. #6664
    Dependent FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,771

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by w1x View Post
    hahaha i wish! i dont even live in the US i'm from europe!

    so half of the people here works for CREED? #Aventus
    Um....there are over 400 retail stores in the US for Abercrombie and Fitch and one Boutique for Creed in New York...So that's not possible...lol
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR Winter/Spring:
    1.) The Different Company De Bachmakov
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) LampBlack
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Creed's Silver Mountain Water
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

    For Sale: Xerjoff, Lush, Nicolai, Valentino Uomo, Mark Birley -


  5. #6665

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    well Fierce isnt less of a compliment getter in real life then Aventus...its just not popular too say it here...i dont care so any time ill get a nice compliment from a main-stream designer frag ill post it here...hope you dont mind niche lovers

  6. #6666

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by w1x View Post
    well Fierce isnt less of a compliment getter in real life then Aventus...its just not popular too say it here...i dont care so any time ill get a nice compliment from a main-stream designer frag ill post it here...hope you dont mind niche lovers
    Of course not! I prefer niche by far, but that's personal taste. I'm happy to hear you enjoy and receive positive feedback from your designers!

  7. #6667

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by w1x View Post
    well Fierce isnt less of a compliment getter in real life then Aventus...its just not popular too say it here...i dont care so any time ill get a nice compliment from a main-stream designer frag ill post it here...hope you dont mind niche lovers
    I agree. I've never tried Fierce, but Curve has been more of a compliment getter than Aventus for me. Hanae Mori HM too. I own and enjoy Aventus very much though, especially in spring. For a nice treat, take a piece of paper or a cotton ball, spray it with Aventus and stash it in a desk drawer. One spray is more than enough. It's quite nice.

    I fall somewhere down the middle in terms of designer and niche. I have some niche stuff that amazes me with its beauty and complexity (LDDM, Interlude Man, or even MI) and I have some designers that I adore as well (TdH Parfum, Tom Ford Extreme, Gph II). I tend to get more compliments from my designer stuff though... and that's fine. I tend to wear my niche for my own pleasure anyway.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 18th March 2015 at 08:25 PM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  8. #6668

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I agree. I've never tried Fierce, but Curve has been more of a compliment getter than Aventus for me. Hanae Mori HM too. I own and enjoy Aventus very much though, especially in spring. For a nice treat, take a piece of paper or a cotton ball, spray it with Aventus and stash it in a desk drawer. One spray is more than enough. It's quite nice.
    I do the cotton ball thing regularly, except with pocket squares and L'Humaniste.

    By the way, 1 compliment today for Fetish Pour Homme Parfum. Haven't yet received a negative comment while wearing this, but I've heard it can be really polarizing. Someone once told me "you smell like pheromones" when I was wearing it. When asked, it wasn't meant as a bad thing O_o.

  9. #6669
    Dependent del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,567
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    A lady co-worker enthusiastically said that my perfume (21 by Costume National) smells really nice, and implied that it is unique. This is the same lady that complimented me when I wore Pure Havane one time. I guess she really likes sweet scents.


    6564

  10. #6670

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    A lady co-worker enthusiastically said that my perfume (21 by Costume National) smells really nice, and implied that it is unique. This is the same lady that complimented me when I wore Pure Havane one time. I guess she really likes sweet scents.


    6564
    ...or she really likes you!
    "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, every fear is gone."

  11. #6671

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Man, didn't get a compliment in a hell of a long time. Tried out Bleu de Chanel EDP, and then went to Teavana afterwards. The girl who was working there helping me asked if I was wearing Bleu. She said that it was one of her favorite fragrances. I actually like the EDP, as well, but am finding it hard to smell after about 2.5 - 3 hours. Not sure if it's olfactory fatigue.

  12. #6672

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Carolina Herrera CH for Men -

    Was stopped on the street and told I smelled good! She kept on walking and turned around AGAIN and hollered 'Sir, you smell so good!"

  13. #6673

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Creed Aventus...
    It's a fragrance I wear mostly for work, and my co-workers absolutely love it. I've never had so many compliments before - they've told me I smelt so good. Even had someone say they hate men wearing aftershave but I smelt so good etc.

    Next day, female co-worker came up to me and started sniffing me to see if I was wearing it again as she loved the smell so much, then she told her friends etc. I felt so awquard(!!!)

    Aventus got me into fragrances. I was looking for a cheap fragrance to purchase but instead saw a 5ml decant going on eBay so purchased it to see what all the fuss was about - never looked back. I own a ton of Aventus now - it's my go to scent for any occasion. I just fell in love with the scent, it's just so pleasing and everyone loves it.

  14. #6674

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by jryans10 View Post
    Creed Aventus...
    It's a fragrance I wear mostly for work, and my co-workers absolutely love it. I've never had so many compliments before - they've told me I smelt so good. Even had someone say they hate men wearing aftershave but I smelt so good etc.

    Next day, female co-worker came up to me and started sniffing me to see if I was wearing it again as she loved the smell so much, then she told her friends etc. I felt so awquard(!!!)

    Aventus got me into fragrances. I was looking for a cheap fragrance to purchase but instead saw a 5ml decant going on eBay so purchased it to see what all the fuss was about - never looked back. I own a ton of Aventus now - it's my go to scent for any occasion. I just fell in love with the scent, it's just so pleasing and everyone loves it.
    Nothing wrong with that. If you love it, wear the heck out of it.
    "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, every fear is gone."

  15. #6675
    Dependent FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,771

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by w1x View Post
    well Fierce isnt less of a compliment getter in real life then Aventus...its just not popular too say it here...i dont care so any time ill get a nice compliment from a main-stream designer frag ill post it here...hope you dont mind niche lovers
    I never said it was...I am glad you get compliments with it...Just wondering because you mention it often. I don't think it's the same person always recommending Aventus as a compliment getter...I think it's a TON of people saying it is which makes it more credible to me. Versus a few people saying Fierce is a compliment getter. It has nothing to do with popularity but MORE to do with numbers. Also demographics, age etc. I personally think that fierce is for YOUNGER people like yourself and perhaps with the types of girls that are complimenting you are ones that are in the teenage bracket. Not saying older women wouldn't find it appealing but maybe demographics play a role in it. Also, I think BOTH old and young can wear Aventus. Doesn't really matter but for some reason I have a hard time wearing something that you buy in a teenage locker room retail store. Im 47 and I think it screams, "I WANT TO BE YOUNG AGAIN"... I love Aventus but rarely have I mentioned it as a compliment getter even though I receive them. Enjoy your scent and again, I'm glad you love it but it's a "no go" for me. Maybe I can buy some ripped-up jeans though while I'm there at A&F and a cool beanie cap !
    Last edited by FSU92grad; 20th March 2015 at 01:20 PM.
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR Winter/Spring:
    1.) The Different Company De Bachmakov
    2.) Vetiver Fatal
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) LampBlack
    5.) Frank No. 2 L.A.
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Xerjoff Nio
    9.) Creed's Silver Mountain Water
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

    For Sale: Xerjoff, Lush, Nicolai, Valentino Uomo, Mark Birley -


  16. #6676

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I never said it was...I am glad you get compliments with it...Just wondering because you mention it often. I don't think it's the same person always recommending Aventus as a compliment getter...I think it's a TON of people saying it is which makes it more credible to me. Versus a few people saying Fierce is a compliment getter. It has nothing to do with popularity but MORE to do with numbers. Also demographics, age etc. I personally think that fierce is for YOUNGER people like yourself and perhaps with the types of girls that are complimenting you are ones that are in the teenage bracket. Not saying older women wouldn't find it appealing but maybe demographics play a role in it. Also, I think BOTH old and young can wear Aventus. Doesn't really matter but for some reason I have a hard time wearing something that you buy in a teenage locker room retail store. Im 47 and I think it screams, "I WANT TO BE YOUNG AGAIN"... I love Aventus but rarely have I mentioned it as a compliment getter even though I receive them. Enjoy your scent and again, I'm glad you love it but it's a "no go" for me. Maybe I can buy some ripped-up jeans though while I'm there at A&F and a cool beanie cap !
    i respect your opinion, but i disagree with you. im 25, and im getting compliments on Fierce from girls in their 20' in my college, women in their 30'-40' at my work-place and my mom who's in her 50' loves it and its her favourite frag from my collection. they all say its fresh, clean, sexy etc....Fierce is citrus-woody-musky...there is NO age to smell fresh & clean. i understand why your avoiding Fierce since the A&F image in the US, but where i live we dont have any A&F store which proves you how pleasing this frag is for all ages. it doesnt matter if 100 people here telling about Aventus compliments or me writing about 100 compliments im getting from Fierce since Fierce's reputation as a compliments MAGNET is already been proven! ofcourse in a forum like Basenotes people will post more Aventus comments, its still new (2010) and very much unique. fragrance enthusiastic which most people here are & from the US, wont own a bottle of Fierce or wont admitt from many reasons and you know it....every member on this site has their own "go-to" signature frags which works wonders for them and will probably get more compliments since their getting more play. Fierce is one of mine, and honestly it should be one of yours too, since its super PLEASING & VERSATILE. my prespective...

  17. #6677

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by w1x View Post
    i respect your opinion, but i disagree with you. im 25, and im getting compliments on Fierce from girls in their 20' in my college, women in their 30'-40' at my work-place and my mom who's in her 50' loves it and its her favourite frag from my collection. they all say its fresh, clean, sexy etc....Fierce is citrus-woody-musky...there is NO age to smell fresh & clean. i understand why your avoiding Fierce since the A&F image in the US, but where i live we dont have any A&F store which proves you how pleasing this frag is for all ages. it doesnt matter if 100 people here telling about Aventus compliments or me writing about 100 compliments im getting from Fierce since Fierce's reputation as a compliments MAGNET is already been proven! ofcourse in a forum like Basenotes people will post more Aventus comments, its still new (2010) and very much unique. fragrance enthusiastic which most people here are & from the US, wont own a bottle of Fierce or wont admitt from many reasons and you know it....every member on this site has their own "go-to" signature frags which works wonders for them and will probably get more compliments since their getting more play. Fierce is one of mine, and honestly it should be one of yours too, since its super PLEASING & VERSATILE. my prespective...
    I ventured in to an A&F store a few years ago and tried Fierce.....mainly because it's one scent that I have heard a lot of women, ranging in age from their 20's to about 50 (like you said) say that it was their favorite.

    I liked it...but didn't like it enough to buy a bottle. It's a nice scent, though....and as far as the scent goes....I think it gets labeled a "younger person's scent"....because when you go to the Mall, and pass by the A&F store....you see young people working there. You smell the scent...cascading from the store out into the open hallway. And then you walk past a group of teenagers a ittle while later, and that same type smell is obvious and apparent.

    Now, to me....that means the kids have good taste. Like I said...it's a nice scent. It's just too bad it didn't have better packaging and a better presentation (the bottle's pretty tacky), and wasn't sold at the larger, higher end/more upscale department stores. I think had it been packaged in the same sense that Bleu de Chanel was, and was distributed through outlets like Macy's Dillards, Nordstrom, etc., it probably would be worn and much more well received by middle age adults in America, and not just thought of as the "scent of high school/college".

  18. #6678

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    I ventured in to an A&F store a few years ago and tried Fierce.....mainly because it's one scent that I have heard a lot of women, ranging in age from their 20's to about 50 (like you said) say that it was their favorite.

    I liked it...but didn't like it enough to buy a bottle. It's a nice scent, though....and as far as the scent goes....I think it gets labeled a "younger person's scent"....because when you go to the Mall, and pass by the A&F store....you see young people working there. You smell the scent...cascading from the store out into the open hallway. And then you walk past a group of teenagers a ittle while later, and that same type smell is obvious and apparent.

    Now, to me....that means the kids have good taste. Like I said...it's a nice scent. It's just too bad it didn't have better packaging and a better presentation (the bottle's pretty tacky), and wasn't sold at the larger, higher end/more upscale department stores. I think had it been packaged in the same sense that Bleu de Chanel was, and was distributed through outlets like Macy's Dillards, Nordstrom, etc., it probably would be worn and much more well received by middle age adults in America, and not just thought of as the "scent of high school/college".
    I agree with this analysis. Fierce is very pleasing and versatile, and certainly gets the compliments, but I can't help but associate it with teenagers since they tend to douse themselves with it (I really don't mind - it's not as overwhelming in large quantities as something like Acqua di Gio). It's a great fragrance overall, however I personally prefer to wear Frapin's L'Humaniste for something more dignified that remains in the same style.

  19. #6679
    Dependent del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,567
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    ...or she really likes you!
    I think she likes and respects me as a person, and I can say the feeling is mutual. More than that, I'd say no, as she is happily married with a teenage son. :P


    6571

  20. #6680

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    I don't think it's the same person always recommending Aventus as a compliment getter...I think it's a TON of people saying it is which makes it more credible to me.
    To be fair, there are a few people who post Aventus Aventus Aventus over and over again. And if anyone wants info on Fierce in terms of compliments, just google the words Abercrombie Fierce Compliments and you'll get more than you'll have time to read. Or even just pop the word Fierce into the BN search bar at the top of the page.

    I'm not defending Fierce though. I've never worn it. I've never even smelled it... but people seem to think Mont Blanc Legend smells a lot like Fierce, right? I've only worn Legend a few times while working through a sample. It's not for me, but man oh man did it get amazing feedback from women each time. And the funny thing is that the women who complimented it on me know that I buy, as they've put it, "crazy expensive cologne." One woman's exact words were "Hey now, how much is THAT one? If it's less than the one you wore last time [Amouage] I might get it for my fiance's birthday."

    Like I said, I've never even smelled Fierce, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's an even better compliment catcher than Aventus. I love Aventus, but I get more compliments from Curve than Aventus. I'm never surprised when a designer gets tons of compliments.

    I love my niche juice. I'm wearing Spice & Wood today... but I'm a firm believer that if somebody just wants compliments, designers are the way to go. Even cheap designers can really rake in compliments. I was actually coming here to say that I picked up a tester of Hanae Mori HM EDP for $14 and got a very nice compliment the first time I wore it. I've owned the EDT version for a few years but finally decided to treat myself to the EDP since it was so cheap. I've only worn it once so far, so I've only got a first impression of HM EDP versus the EDT... but on first impression, all I can say is wow. For $14, this is a ridiculously good buy.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  21. #6681

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    I agree with this analysis. Fierce is very pleasing and versatile, and certainly gets the compliments, but I can't help but associate it with teenagers since they tend to douse themselves with it (I really don't mind - it's not as overwhelming in large quantities as something like Acqua di Gio). It's a great fragrance overall, however I personally prefer to wear Frapin's L'Humaniste for something more dignified that remains in the same style.
    I agree completely - and I should correct my comment above, where I said I've never smelled Fierce. I've never picked up the bottle and sprayed it to smell it, but you're right about the store! All you have to do is walk by and the smell wafts out. That's the reason I've never made an effort to sample Fierce. I too associate the smell with the store. I don't think Fierce smells young though. It smells very versatile and mostly ageless to me... but it's oversprayed in their stores, so I associate the smell with the store, which is why I don't want to smell like it. I also think the bottle is horrible looking. But if I lived in a place where Abercrombie had no stores - especially if it's a country where Abercrombie has no presence... I'd wear it!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  22. #6682

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I can honestly say that the weirdest things happen when I wear Fierce.

    It sounds surreal, I can barely believe it myself, but I'm not joking. I wish I was.

    There are days that I would like to wear it, but I avoid it since two small puffs evoke such weird behavior.

    Women staring at me, getting way too close to me, stopping me in the street.
    Feeling the need to touch me like pat my shoulder, being extremely friendly and showing care.

  23. #6683

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Edit
    Last edited by ChuckW; 23rd March 2015 at 12:49 AM.
    "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, every fear is gone."

  24. #6684
    Basenotes Plus
    tensor9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,401

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I got an Egg Mac at the McDonald's drivethru this morning, and the cashier smelled me from all the way in my car and emphatically told me how good I smelled. "Oh, you smell SO good! I'm sorry, but you do!"

    I'm wearing Jardin d'Amalfi.

  25. #6685

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I got an Egg Mac at the McDonald's drivethru this morning, and the cashier smelled me from all the way in my car and emphatically told me how good I smelled. "Oh, you smell SO good! I'm sorry, but you do!"

    I'm wearing Jardin d'Amalfi.
    Ok 2 questions.

    1) Sounds like you've been getting a lot of compliments with Jardin d'Amalfi. Is this the one you got on a split?
    2) How many sprays did you use?

  26. #6686
    Basenotes Plus
    tensor9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,401

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    Ok 2 questions.

    1) Sounds like you've been getting a lot of compliments with Jardin d'Amalfi. Is this the one you got on a split?
    2) How many sprays did you use?
    Yep, this is my second split of it. Got 25 mL last year, blew through it, and I just got another 50 mL.

    I used 3 sprays, but this was probably 15 min after application. I usually use 4, one on my wrist for me.

  27. #6687
    Basenotes Member josevancouver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Creed Original Santal is a very nice fragrance. No, it's not incredibly original, but to me it's better than Joop! and Montblanc Individuel. I don't think it has as many 'natural' ingredients as other Creeds and don't know if I would pay full retail, but you can get it discounted on Fragrancenet or off Ebay, so who cares. It's good stuff.


    Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I got a compliment yesterday grabbing lunch. It was a narrow space, and the line was rather big so people were cramped. A woman in her 40's (I think) said I smelled sooo good, and asked what I was wearing. I was wearing my sample of Original Santal. My GF complimented me as well when she got home, as she'd never smelled it before. Said it smelled very sexy, which she rarely says about my fragrances.

    I wasn't big on this before, and I really did not care for (and still kind of don't) the open, but man that dry down is just nuts and I think I'm going to have to spring for a full bottle next fall when the cold weather comes back around.

  28. #6688

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by josevancouver View Post
    Creed Original Santal is a very nice fragrance. No, it's not incredibly original, but to me it's better than Joop! and Montblanc Individuel. I don't think it has as many 'natural' ingredients as other Creeds and don't know if I would pay full retail, but you can get it discounted on Fragrancenet or off Ebay, so who cares. It's good stuff.
    I agree. Plus all the synthetics means it's less susceptible to batch variations. Good scent.
    "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, every fear is gone."

  29. #6689
    I got that work!
    sdotlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,310

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    A coworker was walking past my office as I was walking out of it, and I picked up her scent trail. I didn't care for the scent, but was curious what it was - D&G light blue. I asked her what it was, as I could smell it trailing her. She said it was funny I could smell it, because she couldn't. I told her..."Yeah, that happens to me a lot too. I can't smell what I have on right now, but I'm sure people might". She laughed and said she always smells me when I walk by when I'm wearing this same scent I'm wearing today, it smells really good, and leaves a long trail behind me that smells great. Aventus.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I agree. Plus all the synthetics means it's less susceptible to batch variations. Good scent.
    Indeed. I've had a 30ml split for some time now. Don't get compliments on it, but I like it quite a bit (which is all that matters).
    My Sale Thread! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...Valention-Uomo
    My Swap Thread! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...16#post3374516
    NEW! Creed Pure White Cologne(14G01) split Thread - 125ML(w/bottle) remaining! ($70/25ml -$315-325/125ML w/bottle) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction

  30. #6690

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    By far my most complimented is Allure Sport Eau Extreme. I'm not sure if the reason being that this frag lasts forever on my skin and projects beautifully, but without fail every time I wear it I receive compliments.

  31. #6691

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Went to the mall to test some fragrances with one of my regulars. I decided to spray on some D&G Pour Homme Absolute and ask her how I smell, she said it smells like "common men's cologne" and said she likes my regular one better. I asked her which regular one? She said the one that smells like chocolate.

    It was Dior Homme Intense.
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

    My gym hates me

  32. #6692

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    For what its worth just because im laughing about the wearnig fierce and girls just seem more friendly or whatever idea. I do agree some fragrances are like that.. Say I hear girls pretty regularly tell me that they like Le male. But in terms of actual unsolicited compliments, when I wear it, I dont tend to get to many. I think its maybe because its so popular? Maybe its to cliche. However that being said I do think girls tend to be very friendly and more close whenever I wear it. Maybe coincidence dunno lol.

  33. #6693

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    What is CDG? Sorry I'm new here

    Quote Originally Posted by zenman7 View Post
    ok im not surprised....!
    i wore CDG odeur 71 the other day and got immediate attention... strange but true..

    But
    if i was FORCED to make a list of scents that women/girls comment on and like (and i remember they have liked on me from years ago too)

    it would be :

    1) CDG 1 eau de parfum !!
    2) CDG 2 (no surprise at all... even NYC cabbies ask me what the heavenly scent im wearing is!)
    2) YSL Rive Gauche Pour Home (no surprise)
    3) Hermes (u ready?) - Hiris !!
    4) Habit Rouge (no surprise)
    5) Michael (Kors)

  34. #6694

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikesandwatches View Post
    What is CDG? Sorry I'm new here
    Commes des Garçons
    "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, every fear is gone."

  35. #6695

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikesandwatches View Post
    What is CDG? Sorry I'm new here
    Comme des Garçons
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

  36. #6696

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Thanks, I kinda feel like an idiot asking sometimes but its the only way I'll learn! I was lookg up CDG 2, is it a women's fragrance that lots of guys like to wear? Just wondering, I am very open to unisex and well any great smell period.
    Last edited by Mountainbikesandwatches; 28th March 2015 at 03:59 AM.

  37. #6697

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikesandwatches View Post
    Thanks, I kinda feel like an idiot asking sometimes but its the only way I'll learn! I was lookg up CDG 2, is it a women's fragrance that lots of guys like to wear? Just wondering, I am very open to unisex and well any great smell period.
    I'm actually not overly familiar with this line. Plenty of threads here for these if you search. It's quite a respected line.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

  38. #6698

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikesandwatches View Post
    Thanks, I kinda feel like an idiot asking sometimes but its the only way I'll learn! I was lookg up CDG 2, is it a women's fragrance that lots of guys like to wear? Just wondering, I am very open to unisex and well any great smell period.
    There's a CDG 2 Man which is what most are probably referring to.

  39. #6699

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by reckedhim View Post
    There's a CDG 2 Man which is what most are probably referring to.
    Yep. It's a kinda sweet smokey scent. Real nice.
    "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, every fear is gone."

  40. #6700

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Wasn't a direct compliment but.... I was in the tube / metro and a middle aged woman took 3-4 big sniffs, but couldn't identify where it came from. But you could see from her facial expression, that she was in heaven smelling this godly scent.
    I was wearing 5 sprays of Gucci pour Homme 2. Should wear it way more often, especially in spring. Longevity and Projection are better than its reputation indicates
    Last edited by Thaikick; 28th March 2015 at 06:46 PM.

  41. #6701

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaikick View Post
    I was wearing 5 sprays of Gucci pour Homme 2. Should wear it way more often, especially in spring. Longeviy and Projection are better than the its reputation indicates
    I get great performance with GPHII as well. A good 3-4 hours of decent projection and at least 8-10 hours of longevity with 4 sprays. And good comments whenever I wear it.

  42. #6702

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by byandthrough View Post
    I get great performance with GPHII as well. A good 3-4 hours of decent projection and at least 8-10 hours of longevity with 4 sprays. And good comments whenever I wear it.
    This is my experience as well. I wear 3 to 4 sprays, depending on the weather - 3 sprays on a warm day, 4 when it's cold. Gph II wears so well for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaikick View Post
    Gucci pour Homme 2. Should wear it way more often, especially in spring. Longeviy and Projection are better than its reputation indicates
    +1
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  43. #6703

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Cool Water

  44. #6704

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Wearing a rather large sample of Rose 31 today, received a compliment at the store.

    I have worn it a few times with no reaction, and I was under the impression that this one is not often complimented. Strange!

  45. #6705

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Wearing a rather large sample of Rose 31 today, received a compliment at the store.

    I have worn it a few times with no reaction, and I was under the impression that this one is not often complimented. Strange!
    Rose 31 has a great woody drydown. No reason for it not to be complimented. On the contrary, I don't know where you got that impression. It's rated very well on the tally's of most complimented on this thread.
    Last edited by leor_77; 28th March 2015 at 09:43 PM.

  46. #6706

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Rose 31 has a great woody drydown. No reason for it not to be complimented. On the contrary, I don't know where you got that impression. It's rated very well on the tally's of most complimented on this thread.
    Perhaps I was misinformed. I recall reading a few comments about how Rose 31 is rarely complimented.

    Either way, I enjoyed it! The sweatiness of the opening sometimes is more or less pronounced on my skin. When it is less pronounced (like it was today) I get a lot more rose and woods.

  47. #6707

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    P.R. Black XS is my most complimented fragrance. It is also my gf's favourite. Actually i only get complimented when i wear Black XS... I guess it matches perfectly with my skin chemistry.

  48. #6708

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    This is my experience as well. I wear 3 to 4 sprays, depending on the weather - 3 sprays on a warm day, 4 when it's cold. Gph II wears so well for me.



    +1
    Went to dinner with the family tonight, thought about this post and wore GPHII. Got a nice compliment from my wife on it, which is always cool. I don't wear it as often around her, so it was cool that it stood out to her.

  49. #6709
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Creed Aventus.

  50. #6710

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikesandwatches View Post
    Thanks, I kinda feel like an idiot asking sometimes but its the only way I'll learn! I was lookg up CDG 2, is it a women's fragrance that lots of guys like to wear? Just wondering, I am very open to unisex and well any great smell period.
    CdG 2 is not a women's fragrance, it is unisex. CdG 2 Man is also a good fragrance, but I quite prefer the original. I find it to be one of the most unique fragrances out there.
    That being said, if you're just looking for something that'll get compliments, I find CdG 2 Man much better in that department, as it is much more approachable.

  51. #6711

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Got several compliments on tom ford noir de noir last night. After 30 minutes it smells amazing on my skin. They also found it more masculine then feminine.

  52. #6712

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by byandthrough View Post
    Went to dinner with the family tonight, thought about this post and wore GPHII. Got a nice compliment from my wife on it, which is always cool. I don't wear it as often around her, so it was cool that it stood out to her.
    My wife always liked Gucci II on me when I had it.
    "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, every fear is gone."

Similar Threads

  1. Most female compliments for a Niche Fragrance?
    By jcepiano in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 3rd December 2014, 04:18 AM
  2. What do you really think of female compliments?
    By sharilstuff in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2nd October 2012, 12:27 AM
  3. Which male fragrance gets NO female compliments...
    By Ken_Russell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 02:42 PM
  4. Which scent gets you NO female compliments?
    By fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12th February 2010, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000