Code of Conduct
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Results 6,541 to 6,583 of 6583

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    B-hurt? Hardly, cameron. I wasn't b-hurt then, and I'm certainly not b-hurt now. My comment was nothing more than light hearted tongue in cheek. Not b-hurt.

b-hurt
    A google search reveals that is probably slang for "butt hurt"...which is slang for "hurt". Amusing!

Last friday I was talking to a girl at a bar, she was a few years older than me. She laughed when I told my age because she tought I was young, I was fooling around a bit and said ' well since you can't handle young guys I'll go to the other bar down the street '. She told me to stay & when I asked why she said 'because you smell so good'.

Millesime Imperial did it for me, got laid later that night.

Quote Originally Posted by VGuillaume View Post
    Last friday I was talking to a girl at a bar, she was a few years older than me. She laughed when I told my age because she tought I was young, I was fooling around a bit and said ' well since you can't handle young guys I'll go to the other bar down the street '. She told me to stay & when I asked why she said 'because you smell so good'.

That's more like it.
    Olivier Creed got me laid
    None of this male compliment nonsense.

Got another with Bleecker St at grocery store the other night. Middle aged woman while checking out. This is in a Chicago winter too, not the normal time of year for it to shine but it still does.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Got another with Bleecker St at grocery store the other night. Middle aged woman while checking out. This is in a Chicago winter too, not the normal time of year for it to shine but it still does.
    :P If you don't stop it with B.S., you'll HAVE to make me a sample and ship it to me in Canada since the idiots at Bond say they can not ship it here . Seriously it will be in my next future samples order.
    い Let's create another Creed thread! い
    い Everytime you talk about batches or reformulations, "God" kills a child. Please think of the children.
    http://www.applepiebrigade.org/wp-co...09/sad-kid.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    This thread is for female compliments only. Please post your male compliments elsewhere.
    Ok, another time this happened:

I was waiting in line to buy a sandwich and a woman entered the store with her child, within 10 seconds she blurted out "someone smells so good." She looked at me and said "I don't know if it's either you or the other guy." I didn't notice any fragrance on the other guy, so through process of elimination . . . Montale Intense Cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    :P If you don't stop it with B.S., you'll HAVE to make me a sample and ship it to me in Canada since the idiots at Bond say they can not ship it here . Seriously it will be in my next future samples order.
    If I had anymore atomizers I would. You also have to excuse my fandom on this one. As I've said before, I love the hobby but am not a collector. So I'll carry 5-7 at a time and if I get one I like it may be it for awhile. I wore TdH in high volume the last two years mixed with many other samples and bottles I then resold. Since Bleecker was a gift last year I really didn't wear it much at first just because I decided to wait for the right time. Finally my wife was like "why have it if you don't wear it" and thus the last 2-3 months straight of it. It can be a little loud to start but I find the middle and drydown beautiful with sillage all day.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

If I had anymore atomizers I would. You also have to excuse my fandom on this one. As I've said before, I love the hobby but am not a collector. So I'll carry 5-7 at a time and if I get one I like it may be it for awhile. I wore TdH in high volume the last two years mixed with many other samples and bottles I then resold. Since Bleecker was a gift last year I really didn't wear it much at first just because I decided to wait for the right time. Finally my wife was like "why have it if you don't wear it" and thus the last 2-3 months straight of it. It can be a little loud to start but I find the middle and drydown beautiful with sillage all day.
    I have a large bon-bon of this. I may bust it out. This is our coldest week this year. You're in Chicago, so don't laugh at the cold GA boy!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I have a large bon-bon of this. I may bust it out. This is our coldest week this year. You're in Chicago, so don't laugh at the cold GA boy!
    Yeah Chuck, my walk to the train this morning was -8..a new record for this day...and -26 with wind chill. Brutal. But I know its tough when cold does hit there being I'm a Texas guy.

I am surprised how well this has held up in the cold weather....in fact it has stood out.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 19th February 2015 at 08:27 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

lol I seriously believe our winters in Canada re hard to beat... And indeed it must be hard on you ToughCool since you are a Texas Guy!!!

No problem to me it's a great way of deciding which scent to buy a full bottle of ow not! It's actually really kind of like I do it. I have and have had MANY samples/small decants in my life but I'm very, very picky when it comes to full bottles. I'm much more a quality guy than a quantity one.
    い Everytime you talk about batches or reformulations, "God" kills a child. Please think of the children.

Well, I got a compliment from a lady while standing at the entrance of a grocery store this morning.
    "You smell soooo gooood!"

I was wearing a heavy dose of Hermes Bel Ami, and leather fragrance oil.

Another enthusiastic compliment for Danger Pour Homme Parfum by Roja Dove. I am beginning to think that this one really works well with my skin chemistry.

Most effective for me of late has been Dior's (apparently discontinued) Eau Noire. Reminds me of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, but more serious and much stronger. I bought it because I wanted a nice coffee feeling fragrance, and while I don't detect any coffee at all myself, but rather a rich and strong aniseed, most people who have commented have said coffee

Quote Originally Posted by VGuillaume View Post

Talkers don't do, and doers don't talk.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    Talkers don't do, and doers don't talk.
    Words of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Words of wisdom.
    Indeed

I always said, and some others have said it too, that more simple scents and the ones that are clean/fresh and/or citrusy are generally women's favourite ones on us... And you can see it's the case with the likes of AdG, Chrome, Curve, Swiss Army, BdChanel and other being at the top of the most complimented ones in many, many cases...

I'm part of the ones who truly wear scents for himself, and I wear it because I enjoy it and I love its invigorating vibe: so clean and fresh (But also classy and versatile)! I'm not keeping score lol but I'm not surprised to see that Creed GIT is really getting at the top of my most complimented ones personally. Not surprising since Creed are amongst the easiest, most simple niche scents... Plus they often enter in that fresh/clean and/or citrusy category. Got another one from it today at the grocery store from the woman waiting in line right behind me.

Got a nice compliment from my 19 year old college student son. Hugged him and he said "what's that cologne? That smells good."

Terre d'Hermes Perfume.

Yet again Chanel Bleu drew admiring comment this time from my hostess last week when I greeted her. And since the last post from ChuckW mentioned a male reaction I'll list the guy who a few days earlier complimented my scent which was ELDO's Jasmin et Cigarettes.

YSL - La Nuit, from a co-worker.

I've been using D&G The One on a number of first dates. It's perfect because it's not overwhelming and has to be "discovered" by my date when we get closer. I've gotten two compliments in the last week on it during make out sessions. Also got a compliment on tobacco vanille in the same situation and more than 8 hours after application.

I always said, and some others have said it too, that more simple scents and the ones that are clean/fresh and/or citrusy are generally women's favourite ones on us... And you can see it's the case with the likes of AdG, Chrome, Curve, Swiss Army, BdChanel and other being at the top of the most complimented ones in many, many cases...

I'm part of the ones who truly wear scents for himself, and I wear it because I enjoy it and I love its invigorating vibe: so clean and fresh (But also classy and versatile)! I'm not keeping score lol but I'm not surprised to see that Creed GIT is really getting at the top of my most complimented ones personally. Not surprising since Creed are amongst the easiest, most simple niche scents... Plus they often enter in that fresh/clean and/or citrusy category. Got another one from it today at the grocery store from the woman waiting in line right behind me.
    Actually wore GIT today....One of my faves from this house...Love SMW too !
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) Helmut Lang Cuiron (Vintage)
    2.) Tiffany for men (Vintage)
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) New York Intense
    5.) Nicolai Carre d'as
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Houbigant Fougere Royale
    9.) L'Homme Sage
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

Got complimented on DHI and 1 Million recently. Also got a half compliment on Azzaro Pour Homme, tho it was not unsolicited.
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Acqua di Parma from the Mrs. endymion from casual passers by!

Compliment tonight at the supermarket wearing Rive Gauche.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Why So Serious?

Somebody told me I'm wearing too much cologne at work today........she even asked "how much do you put this stuff, do you shower in it?", while not really a compliment I've now officially become the "cologne guy" in the office lol.

I did go overboard though, I put 5 sprays of Roja Fetish Pour Homme EDP, always knew this stuff is strong, but didn't know it projects over 6 feet at a time, good thing I didn't go with the extrait, could've wiped out the office.
    Current top 5:
    1. Guerlain Coriolan
    2. Puredistance M
    3. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    4. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    5. BPC Oud

Decants for swap: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...swap-US-Canada

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    Compliment tonight at the supermarket wearing Rive Gauche.
    Sorry but "You smell like my grand-pa'" isn't a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    Somebody told me I'm wearing too much cologne at work today........she even asked "how much do you put this stuff, do you shower in it?", while not really a compliment I've now officially become the "cologne guy" in the office lol.

I did go overboard though, I put 5 sprays of Roja Fetish Pour Homme EDP, always knew this stuff is strong, but didn't know it projects over 6 feet at a time, good thing I didn't go with the extrait, could've wiped out the office.
    Lol the Rojas are beastly. I would spray less of the EDP than the Extrait personally, since the EDP has a lot more castoreum and might be perceived as stronger. 1 good spray to the chest with the EDP and two sprays with the Extrait is all you really need.

Sorry but "You smell like my grand-pa'" isn't a compliment
    He got a compliment on Rive Gauche. Not surprised since it's a great fragrance.

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Lol the Rojas are beastly. I would spray less of the EDP than the Extrait personally, since the EDP has a lot more castoreum and might be perceived as stronger. 1 good spray to the chest with the EDP and two sprays with the Extrait is all you really need.
    Yeah, this was totally my fault I guess. The only other time that I was red-flagged for wearing too much cologne was while wearing another Roja! I wore 3 sprays of Reckless Pour Homme Extrait that day and several people complained about my "strong cologne" lol.

While Roja's reputation is skyrocketing mine is going down hill exponentially.
    Last edited by HackerX; 26th February 2015 at 09:43 PM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Guerlain Coriolan
    2. Puredistance M
    3. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    4. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    5. BPC Oud

Decants for swap: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...swap-US-Canada

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    Yeah, this was totally my fault I guess. The only other time that I was red-flagged for wearing too much cologne was while wearing another Roja! I wore 3 sprays of Reckless Pour Homme Extrait that day and several people complained about my "strong cologne" lol.

While Roja's reputation is skyrocketing mine is going down hill exponentially.
    LOL! I can see that. Reckless and Fetish are excellent, but all Rojas are quite strong. I own Danger Pour Homme Parfum (which I would say is more "fresh" and "light" than Reckless or Fetish), and wouldn't do more than two sprays, even on a night out.

He got a compliment on Rive Gauche. Not surprised since it's a great fragrance.
    I agree. It's awesome.

For what its worth biggest unsolicited compliment getters for me are still the one, aventus, la nuit, pure malt, and maybe guess seductive(ya random but anyway)and a couple others. I know a lot of people still post MI on here. And I wear that one pretty regularly and I still dont get many compliments on it. Maybe just luck? I dunno...

I did recently buy CH men after the constant hype on it for the hrmm 9 months or so? Gonna start wearing it more often see if it does as well as everyone is saying.

On a somewhat related note how does by kilians amber oud do for everyone out there? Thanks

Recent compliments received on:

Curve Crush
    Guerlain L'Eau Boisee
    Canali Men (aka Canali First)

Massive positive reaction and repeated comments from a very attractive female co-worker this morning. SOTD: John Varvatos Vintage.

I rarely wear this one and it's been in my collection for a while. I always feared it had too much of a hairy-chested, swinging medallion vibe, but after a fresh shave I was craving something old-school this morning. I always thought this one had terrible projection and longevity, but I was wearing three layers of clothing, including a heavy jacket, and it was getting out!

About RG I was just kidding of course. I don't enjoy it and do think it's an "older man's scent" but I respect it and everyone's taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan View Post
    Recent compliments received on:

Curve Crush
    Guerlain L'Eau Boisee
    Canali Men (aka Canali First)
    Surprised about Eau Boise getting compliments!! (My least favourite from the great Guerlain unless I forget another one) But so not surprised about Canali's ! And it's an awesome underrated and now sadly discontinued little gem. And yes women do love it.

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    For what its worth biggest unsolicited compliment getters for me are still the one, aventus, la nuit, pure malt, and maybe guess seductive(ya random but anyway)and a couple others. I know a lot of people still post MI on here. And I wear that one pretty regularly and I still dont get many compliments on it. Maybe just luck? I dunno...

I did recently buy CH men after the constant hype on it for the hrmm 9 months or so? Gonna start wearing it more often see if it does as well as everyone is saying.

On a somewhat related note how does by kilians amber oud do for everyone out there? Thanks
    Amber Oud doesn't seem to do anything for me (I feel a bit odd wearing it, to be honest), but a friend of mine owns a bottle and it gets him quite a few compliments. If amber and sweeter scents are your thing it's probably worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentographer View Post
    Massive positive reaction and repeated comments from a very attractive female co-worker this morning. SOTD: John Varvatos Vintage.

I rarely wear this one and it's been in my collection for a while. I always feared it had too much of a hairy-chested, swinging medallion vibe, but after a fresh shave I was craving something old-school this morning. I always thought this one had terrible projection and longevity, but I was wearing three layers of clothing, including a heavy jacket, and it was getting out!
    THIS! I was just about to say that I got a nice compliment from a woman (in her late 20s?) yesterday while wearing Varvatos Vintage. On a rainy day, this stuff is excellent. I think there's something about Varvatos scents that makes them very susceptible to evaporating quickly. I say this because on a day with high humidity (when the air is less able to absorb moisture) Vintage lasts 8 to 10 hours for me... but on a day with low humidity, I get maybe 4 hours and it's either gone or so close to the skin that it's impossible to pick up on. I have the same experience with Varvatos Original.

I don't get a "hairy-chested, swinging medallion" vibe from Vintage, but hey, we all interpret scents differently. Every time I wear this one, I think I should wear it more often... but due to the unreliable performance, it's one I rarely reach for.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Amber Oud doesn't seem to do anything for me (I feel a bit odd wearing it, to be honest), but a friend of mine owns a bottle and it gets him quite a few compliments. If amber and sweeter scents are your thing it's probably worth a try.
    Why do you feel odd? Anyway ive been wearing a sample of it I have recently and I like it quite a bit. But I havnt received any positive reaction from it as is. So wondering if maybe people in general just dont like it. And its a pretty hefty price to pay if im only getting it for me lol. Compliments are random of course but still lol.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    THIS! I was just about to say that I got a nice compliment from a woman (in her late 20s?) yesterday while wearing Varvatos Vintage. On a rainy day, this stuff is excellent. I think there's something about Varvatos scents that makes them very susceptible to evaporating quickly. I say this because on a day with high humidity (when the air is less able to absorb moisture) Vintage lasts 8 to 10 hours for me... but on a day with low humidity, I get maybe 4 hours and it's either gone or so close to the skin that it's impossible to pick up on. I have the same experience with Varvatos Original.

I don't get a "hairy-chested, swinging medallion" vibe from Vintage, but hey, we all interpret scents differently. Every time I wear this one, I think I should wear it more often... but due to the unreliable performance, it's one I rarely reach for.
    Sometimes I like a good "swinging medallion" vibe, heheh. I'm really enjoying Vintage. It reminds me of a modernized Drakkar Noir -- which is one that I overused back in the day. There's nothing like a few compliments to bring a bottle up higher in the rotation!

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    Why do you feel odd? Anyway ive been wearing a sample of it I have recently and I like it quite a bit. But I havnt received any positive reaction from it as is. So wondering if maybe people in general just dont like it. And its a pretty hefty price to pay if im only getting it for me lol. Compliments are random of course but still lol.
    Great question, I'm not quite sure why I feel odd wearing it. Perhaps it is an instinctive aversion to heavy doses of amber, as I also feel a similar awkwardness in my testing of L'Air du Desert Marocain. Amber Oud is certainly more amber heavy than oud heavy. Oddly, Roja Dove's Amber Aoud does not elicit such a reaction (I believe this might be ambergris rather than amber though).

I can assure you that it varies wildly. As I mentioned, my friend loves it, and receives compliments on it. It is quite the elegant scent to my nose, and would feel out of place sans formal attire. For me it is "just nice", though admittedly it is one of the best (if not the best) amber scents that I have tried.

It might be worth polling some friends about how it smells on you (and in general). Like you, I don't like purchasing scents that will be regarded negatively by others, partly due to the expense, but also because I like presenting myself in a positive light.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I think there's something about Varvatos scents that makes them very susceptible to evaporating quickly.
    They contain alcohol in high quantities.

Vintage is great stuff and I get compliments on it regularly. I spray lots so it lasts a while - I got a compliment on it about 5 hours after applying from someone sitting a few feet away.

I also got a compliment recently on Varvatos Original. I think John Varvatos does some great stuff.