Code of Conduct
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 6080

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
    Oh, believe me I would. It's just still too expensive for me to wear consistently. I'm just waiting for that one scent, that is fresh and airy, not sharp, but smooth, won't offend anybody, but is a consistent compliment getter. More than that, unique. I think that list of most complimented has a lot to do with popularity. Ex: Aventus (I've never tried) is probably pretty good, but I'd guarantee you there is something even better smelling for less out there, though more obscurely so.
    Yep, and it's called AB Silver....95% Aventus for around $20

Oh, believe me I would. It's just still too expensive for me to wear consistently. I'm just waiting for that one scent, that is fresh and airy, not sharp, but smooth, won't offend anybody, but is a consistent compliment getter. More than that, unique. I think that list of most complimented has a lot to do with popularity. Ex: Aventus (I've never tried) is probably pretty good, but I'd guarantee you there is something even better smelling for less out there, though more obscurely so.
    I agree - the more people wear something the more likely it is to be complimented. And there could be something out there that smells better for cheaper, but if you find it, be sure and let us know .

I do a lot of blind testing of fragrances on friends and family. Unfortunately it seems that the more expensive ones are almost universally selected as favorites. Perhaps I am picking very nice expensive fragrances and crappy ones that are more affordable, but I suspect that a cheap scent that smells better than high end niche would be a diamond in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Yep, and it's called AB Silver....95% Aventus for around $20
    I have smelled AB Silver recently and simply do not get the comparison. It has a similar smell, but can only compare in the way that a used North Korean car from 1995 would drive similarly compared to a 2014 Maserati. While both are fragrances intending to effect the same general vibe, the quality difference between AB Silver and Aventus is astronomical.

I have to add a little note, in defense of Issey:

The scent of a fragrance you're wearing emmitts a completely different vibe than that of how others perceive you in the same situation. For example: My friend came over to my apartment in Brooklyn to get ready for some event we were going to the night. Answering the door, I got this beautiful mint wiff that warmed up with vanilla as we headed downstairs and outside. I didn't know at the time, but sort of coincidentally, I instantly recognized the scent as Le Male in a department store weeks later. I tested it out and bought a bottle. However...

I didn't really like it. It felt too powdery, like talcum powder. Felt too thick and intense. Either way, the point is, the people who smell that scent on you only derive a partial understanding. Factoring in the air which sort of dillutes the intensity of the notes, there's a huge difference.

So while consciously, regular Issey users might think it gives off a bug killer vibe, the complete opposite could be true of people who don't regularly smell it 24/7, meaning they are subconsciously processing the scent without any prejudgement which could alter their objectivity. Like, I get complimented wearing Le Male a lot, but I think the whole time it's too intense.
    Last edited by ZoSo; 19th August 2014 at 04:40 AM.

Basenotes Member

I have had great results with Spirit Silver lately and it performs as well as anything I own. Every time I wear it I am amazed with the longevity and with how it changes on my skin, especially on warmer days. I prefer smoke and incense but this one works for me in all settings and seemingly for everyone around me.
    Current favorites:

1. Gucci Pour Homme
    2. CdG Avignon
    3. Montale Full Incense
    4. CdG 2Man
    5. Tauer - L'Air du desert marocain

I have to add a little note, in defense of Issey:

The scent of a fragrance you're wearing emmitts a completely different vibe than that of how others perceive you in the same situation. For example: My friend came over to my apartment in Brooklyn to get ready for some event we were going to the night. Answering the door, I got this beautiful mint wiff that warmed up with vanilla as we headed downstairs and outside. I didn't know at the time, but sort of coincidentally, I instantly recognized the scent as Le Male in a department store weeks later. I tested it out and bought a bottle. However...

I didn't really like it. It felt too powdery, like talcum powder. Felt too thick and intense. Either way, the point is, the people who smell that scent on you only derive a partial understanding. Factoring in the air which sort of dillutes the intensity of the notes, there's a huge difference.

So while consciously, regular Issey users might think it gives off a bug killer vibe, the complete opposite could be true of people who don't regularly smell it 24/7, meaning they are subconsciously processing the scent without any prejudgement which could alter their objectivity. Like, I get complimented wearing Le Male a lot, but I think the whole time it's too intense.
    Yeah I don't know, maybe your right but my gf is pretty easy going when it comes to scents, she even likes Jacques bogart silver scent which I think smells like a chemical mess... But she hated l'eau de issey and said it smelled like insect repellant. The funny thing was though that after she pointed that out I thought "you know what? She's totally right!"

I got told at work the other day that I smelled like burning incense..!! I was wearing aqua fahrenheit and I feel kinda depressed about it because AF is one of my favorites

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by sandyw7592 View Post
    Lanvin L'Homme, followed by Herrera for Men. Really, really intense compliments from women.
    Just started on here and the thread and first 20 posts I had the same experience. Just was wearing Herrera for Men and a girl behind a gas station counter practically asked me out over it.

About 15 years ago Herrera was a big compliment getter for me.

Kinda off topic, but...here's a question: I have some spearmint oil. Would it be a bad idea to add some to Le Male (externally, i.e.), to sort of boost the mint notes? Or, would that create some conflicts?

YSL homme nuit I believe it is called? its in a black bottle with black top, all stores have it. GIRLS LOVE THIS SCENT wayyy more than my 2-300$+ niche fragrances that I love....

in this order:

Chanel Platinum Egoiste (yes...)
    Bond 9 NY Oud
    Clive X
    Creed Aventus

Jovoy Private Label --- "I smell patchouli... is that your cologne?" "Yes" "It's so nice! I don't think I've ever smelled a variation on patchouli like that. Who makes it?" -- From an early 30-something woman at Trader Joe's.

First time wearing Clive Christian X for Men today. Within ten minutes of being seated in a restaurant for lunch, the waitress comes over to me and says she just had to ask me what I was wearing because I smelled so good.

Why So Serious?

My wife usually doesn't like the fragrances i wear. But today she complimented me on my fragrance - Kilian Apple Brandy. It's a bonus that i happen to enjoy it too.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

A&F Fierce
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Got some compliments recently from two fragrances that have been bashed on the fragrance forums.

Dior Homme Eau - at sporting goods store buying something and SA came up to ask me if I needed some help. I asked her a question about a product and she leaned over and smiled at me and said I smelled good. This fragrance gets compliments! Not only that - I was chatting with someone who works at the fragrance counter of a major departments store here in Vancouver and she told me that a lot of her female clients prefer Dior Homme Eau over Dior Homme when they shop for BF's and husbands.

Guerlain L'homme Ideal - at airport sitting beside someone on my way back to Canada. "you smell good - what is that?"
    Maybe not the most 'creative' Guerlain fragrance for men - but women like this stuff.

These are my three most complimented fragrances:

- Creed Aventus
    - Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    - Heeley Sel Marin

Quote Originally Posted by josevancouver View Post
    Got some compliments recently from two fragrances that have been bashed on the fragrance forums.

Dior Homme Eau - at sporting goods store buying something and SA came up to ask me if I needed some help. I asked her a question about a product and she leaned over and smiled at me and said I smelled good. This fragrance gets compliments! Not only that - I was chatting with someone who works at the fragrance counter of a major departments store here in Vancouver and she told me that a lot of her female clients prefer Dior Homme Eau over Dior Homme when they shop for BF's and husbands.

Guerlain L'homme Ideal - at airport sitting beside someone on my way back to Canada. "you smell good - what is that?"
    Maybe not the most 'creative' Guerlain fragrance for men - but women like this stuff.

Totally agree about DHE. My lady friend will give me random compliments for both DHE and DH, but more enthusiastic for DHE. Interestingly, she has never complimented me when I've worn DHI.

Received lavish praise the other day for a scent I had put two sprays of on around 7:00 am. Around noon it was very hot--pushing 100 and a woman I know kept saying how good I smelled and that if I was smart, I would wear it all the time. Knowing I am married, she jokingly said you should be careful wearing that...... The scent? Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels.