Code of Conduct

Default Holy cow! They're discontinuing....

Hypnose and Burberry London. At least that is what a sales rep said. He had also included Burberry Touch, and I said that there was no way they would discontinue that one. He later said he was mistaken about that one. Anyway, if it is true about the Hypnose and London, it is sad as I like both of them. Since he was wrong about Touch, maybe he is wrong about these two as well.

Default Re: Holy cow! They're discontinuing....

I really hope they don't discontinue Burberry London, it's a gem as far as designer fragrances go. I'll have to buy atleast 2 backup bottles if it is really going to be discontinued.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Sur la Plage

I have a hard time believing that, especially London - but stanger things have happened......
    Last edited by petruccijc; 4th July 2008 at 06:05 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Sales associates have burned me a couple of times on "oh, they're discontinuing this line of ______________________. I even talked to the president/CEO/regional manager at [some event] to find out why they're discontinuing this line. It's really popular."

I'll politely listen. But then do my own research. Sometimes, they are discontinuing a line. More often than not, it's not happening. Perhaps a feeble attempt at boosting quarterly sales?
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

SAs often mistake a particular store's discontinuing a fragrance with that of the manufacturer discontinuing it. In LA New West is sold at many department stores right next to the newest Lauder scents. You ask anyone in NY about it (save Bloomingdales) you'll hear it's discontinued. I enjoy both these (Hypnose & London) scents as well.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 4th July 2008 at 06:12 PM.

This sounds like what happened to Envy. They're still making it but aren't selling it in the stores as far as I know.

I don't believe it. Previous posters here have perfectly explained the reasons for my disbelief.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

^ They still sell Envy in the stores here??

No love lost for Hypnose though...it's horrible.

That would be too bad about London.

It's the only Burberry I like, and I REALLY like it!

Since I know where to get it real cheap, I might get another bottle or 2 just in case.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

---I have heard nothing about Hypnose being discontinued.....There have been times when Macy's SA's would make these statements......Just because Macy's discontinues a fragrance.... does not mean that it will be discontinued everywhere.
    ---Lancome launched a summer version of Hypnose which makes this even harder to believe.
    ---Also........Any sets that were left over from Fathers Day were RTV'd which means Returned To Vender. The basic stock was not RTV'd.....I work as a rep for LOreal USA designer fragrances division and I have heard nothing of this at all.
    ---With London I have no Idea but find this hard to believe. I do know that Burberry Weekend is being discontinued at some of the Dillards in my city. I'll wait to see if it's all of the Dillards which is most likely.
    ---I'll keep my eyes and ears open and update with any info that I receive.
    Gary

Didn't these scents just come out? (relatively speaking)

They still make New West? wow.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    That would be too bad about London. It's the only Burberry I like, and I REALLY like it!
    I agree. London is the only Burberry fragrance I own. The rest of them just don't seem to be anything special. It's still the first item for sale on Burberry's men's fragrance website, but I guess that doesn't mean it's not on the way out. However, I don't think it's been out much more than a year, so I doubt it's being canned yet.

It appears that a lot of the American perfume SAs are full of s**t.

ADVICE: don't listen to them.

I've heard just about everything from SAs. One SA at one store told a customer that Givenchy's Organza was discontinued, when in fact another store in the same mall had plenty in stock.

Still, sometimes enough complaints to the SAs can get things changed. Von Maur here got Thierry Mugler and Cartier fragrances after customers kept asking at torrential rates, and they brought back Armani Eau Pour Homme after enough customers complained. However, the Cartier scents couldn't come until the exclusive distribution deal that Marshall Field's had for the area, even though the local store closed in 2005, was voided in 2006 by Macy's after the Federated/May merger.

Back on topic... Burberry London sells rather well around here. Not gangbusters like AdG, but pretty darn good. Still, P&G (Inter Parfums/Burberry's US distributor) will be launching The Beat for Men this fall. Maybe they just want to clear out excess stock?
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Not that this is dispositive of anything, but my local Dillards and Macys haven't restocked Hypnose since well before fathers day. There are a handful of gift sets left at Dillards and a few bottles at Macys. I notice only because I own and like Hypnose.

I have a stack of those 'liquid pack' Hypnose samples if anyone wants one....

Burlington has Burberry London gift sets for half-off right now. That's a 1.7 edt, a 3.4 in shower gel, and a 3.4 in AS balm. Nice plaid bag. I PAID $23.99!!!

They also have gift sets in KC Reaction, KC Signature, Chrome. CK Euphoria and others...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Burlington has Burberry London gift sets for half-off right now. That's a 1.7 edt, a 3.4 in shower gel, and a 3.4 in AS balm. Nice plaid bag. I PAID $23.99!!!

They also have gift sets in KC Reaction, KC Signature, Chrome. CK Euphoria and others...
    What/where is Burlington?

Burlington Coat Factory. It's a big discount store chain. I think there should be one in Columbus, Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    What/where is Burlington?
    They're mostly in the northeast, though there are a few in the midwest.... it's possible they've spread further since I left Boston (the first store was in Burlington, MA).

I don't believe that Hypnose Homme is going to be no longer made. I do feel that at some time it will be pulled from distribution in the US.

Lancome men's scents never sell well here in the states. I will say that Hypnose was one of the best fragrances from Lancome.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I don't believe that Hypnose Homme is going to be no longer made. I do feel that at some time it will be pulled from distribution in the US.

Lancome men's scents never sell well here in the states. I will say that Hypnose was one of the best fragrances from Lancome.
    I saw Hypnose Homme at Marshalls today.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Why don't Marshall's/TJMAxx/Burlington in my area ever have something half decent? The only thing worth getting I have seen at Marshall's in the last couple of years is Tommy Bahama- and that too for $39.99 for a 3.4ounce bottle. Hardly the price that would set the world on fire.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I saw Hypnose Homme at Marshalls today.
    I'm with Mudassir. The Marshall's near me never have decent stuff. Which stores do you go to down in Clearwater? While I'm down there on vacation I'd like to see what's there.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    They're mostly in the northeast, though there are a few in the midwest.... it's possible they've spread further since I left Boston (the first store was in Burlington, MA).
    Interesting, we have a Burlington Coat Factory which has its headquarters in Burlington, NJ.

Perhaps the SA meant the Burberry from the mid 1990s which was just called Burberry ? It could be the case, I don't know. I really don't think the London from 2006 should be discontinued, just because I don't have the time /money /effort to go and get back up bottles. Hope someone can keep us informed if this is really the case.

I have a hard time believing that they would do that to Burberry London. That is my Fall/Winter wear and is one of the tops out there. As someone said above, maybe they mean the original Burberry.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I will say that Hypnose was one of the best fragrances from Lancome.
    It's the only Lancôme offering I've ever considered buying, although I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. (I might not either.) Macy's here in Los Angeles had been pushing it fairly hard a few months ago. Big display, etc.

I believe the first BCF was in Burlington, NJ not Mass.

Oh Man! even London!? cant believe it! will need to stock a litre of this gem...