Code of Conduct

Thread: New Tauer Frag!

Default New Tauer Frag!

I don't know whether it has been said before, but I've just read on Andys' blog, that a new vetiver frag will be released around Oct.........

'The fragrance still has no name. It is a fragrance built around vetiver from Java, with fresh grapefruit, lots of black pepper and green clary notes in the head. Lily of the valley contrasts the dark vetiver and crisp Cedar wood, leading over to a soft ambergris base with hints of Tonka beans and cistus. I will launch it October 2008.'

Sounds like another stunning fragrance!....nice one Andy! Really looking forward to it...

Default Re: New Tauer Frag!

Somewhat like PdN Vetiver ?
    -

Post Re: New Tauer Frag!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    I don't know whether it has been said before, but I've just read on Andys' blog, that a new vetiver frag will be released around Oct.........

'The fragrance still has no name. It is a fragrance built around vetiver from Java, with fresh grapefruit, lots of black pepper and green clary notes in the head. Lily of the valley contrasts the dark vetiver and crisp Cedar wood, leading over to a soft ambergris base with hints of Tonka beans and cistus. I will launch it October 2008.'

Sounds like another stunning fragrance!....nice one Andy! Really looking forward to it...
    I am also looking forward to trying this one. Judging fron the note structure this might be a keeper. I have a sample on the way, when it arrives, and I wear, I will post my findings.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

I have to agree...the note structure sounds excellent. Can't wait.

Gosh, this sounds like Mr. Tauer was reading from my wish list. Where did you order a sample?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    Gosh, this sounds like Mr. Tauer was reading from my wish list. Where did you order a sample?
    You can't order them.

Every time Andy comes up with a new fragrance (or is working on a 'mod' that he wants his fans to smell) he'll at any given moment post this on his blog and say something like, the first 100 people who leave a comment on the blog will receive a free sample. Once he has 100 people request, they're all gone. He gives them out at no charge and actually pays to ship these samples internationally too (pretty generous if you ask me).

I've in the past won samples of Incense Extreme (he had a drawing for this one and my name was picked), Reverie au Jardin and a scent Andy still never released called Eau d' Epices, or something like that (it was FAN-tastic).

What's weird was yesterday I almost visited Andy's blog to read it, it had been a while since I caught up on his work, but I got busy and didn't. Drat!!

Last time I was at Scent Bar (which Andy visited this past Spring) they gave me a rose 'mod' he left samples of. I still have it in my sample pile, I haven't smelled it yet. All it says on the vial is Rose, Tauer Perfumes.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th July 2008 at 07:40 PM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I got a sample of the Eau d'Epices when he was giving them out...it wasn't my cup of tea, but respectible all the same. I put my name in for this sample as well...I'll share the love if I get one Mike.

I like the fact that Tauer uses his blog to his advantage .. more noses should do that.
    -

As much as I like and admire Andy, this release will be his last chance to prove to me that L'Air wasn't some fluke. His other creations have disappointed in equal measure. I really hope that his vetiver creation renews my interest in his work.

Btw, I didn't think much of Eau d'Epices either...
    Last edited by Trebor; 4th July 2008 at 10:47 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    As much as I like and admire Andy, this release will be his last chance to prove to me that L'Air wasn't some fluke. His other creations have disappointed in equal measure. I really hope that his vetiver creation renews my interest in his work.

Btw, I didn't think much of Eau d'Epices either...
    So you were disappointed in his Orris too?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So you were disappointed in his Orris too?
    I'm afraid so... I can't remember the details but it simply wasn't my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Trebor; 4th July 2008 at 10:56 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I'm afraid so... I can't remember the details but it simply wasn't my cup of tea.
    Really? Different strokes for different folks...I suppose.

I think Orris is what I want to smell, when I take my last breath on this earth. I love it that much.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th July 2008 at 10:58 PM.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Really? Different strokes for different folks...I suppose.

I think Orris is what I want to smell, when I take my last breath on this earth. I love it that much.
    I think it was more to do with thte fact that I'm not a big iris fan, rather than Andy's interpretation of an iris scent.

I was another of the lucky 100 that won the sample package. I will also post the results of his new Vetiver trial.

Personally, I LOVE his last two new ones...Incense Extreme and Incense Rose'. The Rose', is a very complex Rose/Frankincense scent that is spicy and masculine with the rose lasting all the way to the end. It definitely has a lot in common with his previous Orris scent. For me it is a religious experience. I have tried so many samples this years and Andy's are the only one's that have made onto my "to buy" list.