Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Kiehl's oil formulations

I just tried this one and it's a great musk. It's different from the EDT formulation as it doesn't have so much of all the other notes. I got too much patchouli from the EDT and it smelled like an incense stick on my skin but the oil is quite nice. This would be great for layering.
    I also got the Pour Homme Essence which is spicy and woody, indescribably beautiful and with amazing longevity and sillage because of its oil form.
    I got both. I was going to take a break from buying for awhile but you see...blah blah blah

Default Re: Kiehl's oil formulations

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    I just tried this one and it's a great musk. It's different from the EDT formulation as it doesn't have so much of all the other notes. I got too much patchouli from the EDT and it smelled like an incense stick on my skin but the oil is quite nice. This would be great for layering.
    I also got the Pour Homme Essence which is spicy and woody, indescribably beautiful and with amazing longevity and sillage because of its oil form.
    I got both. I was going to take a break from buying for awhile but you see...blah blah blah
    I have both Original Musk oil and Pour Homme oil. I enjoy them both. Both are great for layering. Though both get regular use, I think I actually prefer Pour Homme. I also have some Pour Homme lotion and Pour Homme body wash.

I got the original musk oil today, haven't decide whether I like it or not yet. One thing I wonder about, what is the proper way to apply it? It's said to be an essential oil, and I've read you should never use essential oils on your skin due to the high concentration (it could cause everything from rashes to cancer). And how do you dose it? There's no pipette or anything to get a single drop of it. Putting a finger over the bottle and turning it upside down and then dab it would contaminate the oil and you'll get a huge overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I got the original musk oil today, haven't decide whether I like it or not yet. One thing I wonder about, what is the proper way to apply it? It's said to be an essential oil, and I've read you should never use essential oils on your skin due to the high concentration (it could cause everything from rashes to cancer). And how do you dose it? There's no pipette or anything to get a single drop of it. Putting a finger over the bottle and turning it upside down and then dab it would contaminate the oil and you'll get a huge overdose.
    I put it directly on my skin - specifically on my bare forearms as the oil can stain clothing.

Along with other decanting supplies, I have accumulated quite a few pipettes. I dedicate a pipette to each of my splash bottles and Kiehl's Oil is no different. One medium drop (or two small ones) on each forearm is sufficient.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I have sampled a few more Kiehls now, and I must say I really like Coriander and Pour Homme. What are your favorites?

Sur la Plage

I really enjoy Pour Homme and Amber.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I have sampled a few more Kiehls now, and I must say I really like Coriander and Pour Homme. What are your favorites?
    I also like Coriander and Pour Homme, now in handy roll-on format.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

i am wondering tho if we could dillute the oil with alcohol or something because i really do prefer sprays...

I know i am stupid >_< but just a question

I just bought Pour Homme in roll-on bottle today . They also had Chinese Flowers which was lovely, but it might be a bit too feminine...

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

"Indescribably Beautiful" best describes Pour Homme Essence.

I also love and own Original Musk and Forest Rain EDTs which i think find very good, and great value.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Moneysuckle View Post
    I also have some Pour Homme lotion and Pour Homme body wash.
    My wife just got me the Pour Homme oil for Christmas today. It is outstanding - very woody, spicy and strong. Does Kiehl's still carry the lotion and body wash? I looked on their website and couldn't find them. Plus, is the lotion an aftershave balm?
    Last edited by shamu1; 25th December 2009 at 04:12 PM.

The body wash is available in both Pour Homme and Coriander -- I have them and like them. I think the lotion makes a fine aftershave balm.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Institution

I have Kiehl's Gardenia which actually quite gorgeous and long lasting - much like Fracas but sweeter . It's a sell out in stores like Nordies apparently . Must try the Coriander oil .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I've been curious about the Original Musk (and now the Coriander, mysticknot!), but is there a big difference b/w the EdT and the essenial oil, other than concentration?

I'm looking for something musky but spicy. Does this qualify? I've heard some say it's flowery, others say it smells a lot like Jovan's Musk For Men, a scent I can't stand.