Code of Conduct

Default new Davidoff fragrance 'Adventure'... super weak strength

I saw this walking through the department store and put two sprays on my arm. I couldn't smell a damn thing - just a hint that something was there. I tried again a couple days later, this time putting four sprays on my wrist. Even with this I couldn't smell enough to really even judge beyond some vague light sweetness and spice. I do not have the kind of skin that gobbles up fragrances at all, so it's not me. Plus, the SA told me every guy's reaction was the same.

Don't know if anyone experienced the same thing. I can understand not putting out a sillage monster, but why would Davidoff let such a ridiculously low-strength juice.

Default Re: new Davidoff fragrance 'Adventure'... super weak strength

Yeah, I tried it for a laugh a few weeks ago and experienced the same thing. Adventurous it ain't...

I sprayed this on a card and did not care for this at all.....If the mainstream Houses don't change there ways....they all may be out of businees.....I don't see how they can continue to drop the $$$$'s on these scents that do nothing.....Gary

Is this possibly musk anosmia? I'm not familiar with the scent.

What I got was a nod to pay homage to Terre d'Hermes. I got the cedar, vetiver, and pepper. The mate in Adventure made me uneasy for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I sprayed this on a card and did not care for this at all.....If the mainstream Houses don't change there ways....they all may be out of businees.....I don't see how they can continue to drop the $$$$'s on these scents that do nothing.....Gary
    The real bummer is that it's stuff like this that makes more money than something well-crafted with some ooomph will.

I will say I didn't smell much, if any, citrus, but it was a light-woods/spice affair.

From the looks of the marketing materials they were unpacking, expect a big splash of posters, samples, etc. at your local Macys and Dillards.

It lasted with good strength on me when I gave it my standard wrist test. I quite liked it.
    Renato

Hey Guys , I had the exact same reaction with Dupont Noir .... weak & only just detectable .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I smelled it today at macys, and it smells nice its kinda like John Varvatos I think...
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I saw this walking through the department store and put two sprays on my arm. I couldn't smell a damn thing - just a hint that something was there. I tried again a couple days later, this time putting four sprays on my wrist. Even with this I couldn't smell enough to really even judge beyond some vague light sweetness and spice. I do not have the kind of skin that gobbles up fragrances at all, so it's not me. Plus, the SA told me every guy's reaction was the same.

Don't know if anyone experienced the same thing. I can understand not putting out a sillage monster, but why would Davidoff let such a ridiculously low-strength juice.

longevity weak ??? well,. in your case,.

i tried yesterday..that woody-semi fruity touch is really nice, sillage is not the best, but longevity ?!!? more than 5-6 hrs on me .. very versatile with a nice bottle..

Sur la Plage

I had the same opinion/reaction - boring and generic with poor sillage and longevity.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

What I got was a weaker version of D & G The One, if that is even possible.

Oh yeah, the sales rep that I am friendly with said it was selling really well!
    Last edited by Hyde65; 2nd August 2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention....

I actually enjoyed it for the 2 minutes I could smell it. Too bad it doesn't last
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I think the real question is not if Adventure is a crap fragrance (it is) but whether designer fragrances can get any worse than this...

I tried it yesterday and thought it was just another mainstream, ho-hum fragrance lacking originality.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I tested Adventure today at Douglas. I tested btw. exactly 47 fragrances today. If you see me once at Douglas, say hello, I'm the one with that ballpen writing down the names of the fragrances when spraying on the paperstrips. When I come home the analizing process starts. If there should be nothing left after twenty minutes, yes it happens, the scent strip goes right into the bin. Twenty minutes on paper should be there when I pay for a fragrance ....

OK, don't you push, back to Adventure.

It lasts on paper that's for sure, so I guess it will be noticable on hair and clothes as well. The fragrance itself is quite shy, not harsh and no way shouting "here I am" Probably a marketing thingy for young customers who are not really into fragrances and find an offending fragrance or one with character one of the ten deadly sins. At least it smells nice, but for that money I can get fragrances that punch the nose so that weak people start to scratch and touch their noses. Yes, they've been hit by a masterpiece once again .... LOL!
    Last edited by dr.creed; 2nd August 2008 at 04:32 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

This is typical for new fragrances.
    It's a shame really.
    Why don't they just sell water in fancy bottles?

OMG! you people must have the skin of mutants because this fragrance lastsd and lasts omn me. th emore i read your guys poststhe more i realize you guys have like such amazing rigid standards for fragrances..unless they are niche and smell like so tree bark or old man!!!!!!!!!!! anyway i think this fragrance is amazing and smells just like Burberry for men. The sesame is amazing. AND YES IT LASTED FOR MORE THAN 8 hours!!!!! but again not to be confronttaional but whats with all the niche

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    OMG! you people must have the skin of mutants because this fragrance lastsd and lasts omn me. th emore i read your guys poststhe more i realize you guys have like such amazing rigid standards for fragrances..unless they are niche and smell like so tree bark or old man!!!!!!!!!!! anyway i think this fragrance is amazing and smells just like Burberry for men. The sesame is amazing. AND YES IT LASTED FOR MORE THAN 8 hours!!!!! but again not to be confronttaional but whats with all the niche
    Someone ban him from Basenotes...

Wink Re: new Davidoff fragrance 'Adventure'... super weak strength

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Someone ban him from Basenotes...
    lolz...Yea I think he has a point lately people will notice its all about niche frags at BN, If anyone talks about normal mainstream frags they get bashed alot here....This has to kinda tone down here, there are ppl just starting out here, and would like to gradually built up to the niche area.. and not get shneered by niche prices all at the start... which are very steep and painful......so stop bashing ppl and like something beside the norm set here over the last couple of years.....and yea I actually liked Adventure by davidoff.... if anyone has a problem.... sue my brown ass....lolz...
    Last edited by deadhacker; 2nd August 2008 at 09:46 PM.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone finally has my back!!!!!!!!!!!! lol just kidding. to each their own . i personally like womens fragrances better than mens!!!! Blue Ralph Lauren!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deadhacker View Post
    lolz...Yea I think he has a point lately people will notice its all about niche frags at BN, If anyone talks about normal mainstream frags they get bashed alot here....This has to kinda tone down here, there are ppl just starting out here, and would like to gradually built up to the niche area.. and not get shneered by niche prices all at the start... which are very steep and painful......so stop bashing ppl and like something beside the norm set here over the last couple of years.....and yea I actually liked Adventure by davidoff.... if anyone has a problem.... sue my brown ass....lolz...
    Mate, I think you need to just lighten up and get yourself a sense of humour. I'm sure blacklibran1 is aware that I was simply joking.

P.S. Adventure, for me, is a piece of shit but if you love it than that's cool - whatever rocks your boat...

Ok, I agree with part of your post-- some people find EVERYTHING weak, and I just wonder how many people are walking around reeking of colognes that they cannot smell.

However, you ask "what's with the niche?" Not to be mean, but I've never seen somebody start threads about so many boring middle of the road scents as you! Sorry, I had to say it. Dude, you've got to get out more. There's a world of great fragrances beyond the Izods, the Guesses, the Bijans, and whatever else smells like a typical cologne, designed by committee, and washes up at a JC Penneys somewhere. We're all free to like what we want, but man, there is some GREAT stuff out there in the niche and not so niche world-- and sampling it can be cheap. Take a chance!

Blog Entries

Well, time to throw my cup of alcohol on the fire (and at these gas prices? Ouch!)

Seriously, I gave myself a "what the hell" shot of the stuff on my arm today as I was leaving Macy's. Mind you, last week on paper, I was thoroughly not impressed by this fragrance, finding it weak and dull. But today, I found myself really liking the scent. I had Unforgivable in the other forearm, and I was going back and forth between which one I was liking better. So I can see how somebody could like it. I agree that it's like D&G the one in terms of weakness, although not quite as weak, and the sillage is faint at best. Longevity was only about 4 hours on my skin, but again, we're talking my skin. I could go on clothes if I had to.

If this scent works on somebody, power to them. I have no doubt that I'll give it a full wear or two at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I had the same opinion/reaction - boring and generic with poor sillage and longevity.

Absolutely. What a waste. Give me Zino anytime.

Regards,

Steve
    Last edited by sjas1962; 3rd August 2008 at 01:21 AM.

Hey indie guy! I get out a hell of alot! I live in la and have access to all of the best in niche, mass market and prestige fragrance. I know what i like and what i want to smell like. I take cues from the threads posted here and smell for myself. I have several bond fragrances and a slew of others. All im saying is that majority of the niche recommendations that have been made , smell to me, very rich and woody. And i feel some of the mainstream scents people such as urself trash are not half bad. Lol get out more,ha ha ha ha ...no wait...lmao...rolflmao.. Ok im done. Cheers ...im now going to go and ...get out more.

What an odd twist to a thread I started almost a month ago.....

To update, my local SAs at Dillards & Macys told me most guys don't think Adventure is strong enough, but everyone's different.

Not suite sure if lack of strength is going to be a trend, but the new Givenchy Pi Neo was similar in that it was a pleasant fragrance with little strength. Four sprays on my arm were required to really even smell it, and then it only lasted a couple hours. Before anyone thinks I'm bashing designer fragrances I'm not. I've only started to branch out into niche in the few months, and - except for a couple bottles and a boatload of samples - my collection is all designer.

Talking Re: new Davidoff fragrance 'Adventure'... super weak strength

Hey indie guy! I get out a hell of alot! I live in la and have access to all of the best in niche, mass market and prestige fragrance. I know what i like and what i want to smell like. I take cues from the threads posted here and smell for myself. I have several bond fragrances and a slew of others. All im saying is that majority of the niche recommendations that have been made , smell to me, very rich and woody. And i feel some of the mainstream scents people such as urself trash are not half bad. Lol get out more,ha ha ha ha ...no wait...lmao...rolflmao.. Ok im done. Cheers ...im now going to go and ...get out more.
    lolz...... wow bashing everyone.... I was at work, when I was writing that post that's why I was bashing...

Talking Re: new Davidoff fragrance 'Adventure'... super weak strength

What an odd twist to a thread I started almost a month ago.....

To update, my local SAs at Dillards & Macys told me most guys don't think Adventure is strong enough, but everyone's different.

Not suite sure if lack of strength is going to be a trend, but the new Givenchy Pi Neo was similar in that it was a pleasant fragrance with little strength. Four sprays on my arm were required to really even smell it, and then it only lasted a couple hours. Before anyone thinks I'm bashing designer fragrances I'm not. I've only started to branch out into niche in the few months, and - except for a couple bottles and a boatload of samples - my collection is all designer.
    Yea... I know you did start it a month ago but I smelt it like yesterday so I was looking through the search bar and when I found this I decided to add to the thread...and the only reason I liked it was its was weird.. and plus the totally nice bag they were giving with it.... and it was reasonably priced... so there now everyone knows why there was ww3 here...lolz