Code of Conduct

Default Sotd Wednesday 9 July-08

Today I have the first shift so not much sleep for me. The weather is really grey and it looks like it might rain later. As my sotd i'm in one of my favourites,Narciso Rodriguez edt. Have a great day all!

Default Re: Sotd Wednesday 9 July-08

Good morning!

Another day in Coup de Fouet for me.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

No surprises here as to my choice today: Armani Mania once again.

Grey and rainy here too. Finally received a swap package from Malaysia loaded with lots of goodies! Unfortunately 2 Chanel Allure vials got smashed in the post and so upon opening the parcel my hands were soaked in the stuff. Luckily it's gorgeous and there were 4 vials of it! Jillie is a very happy girl (who likes to talk in 3rd person )

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Not yet sunrise and already it is Le Roy Soleil Homme.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

...and, at the other end of the space time continuum....

....one of my favert Grosjmans. Peaches and jasmine and an ambery musk. Yumsters!! (That's Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars, SMM!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy birthday to lizzie_j hope its a great one full of White Stripes tunes and your favorite scent.

Today I am wearing:

Yohji Homme

This is what I was expecting from Idole de Lubin and didn't get. In that one the rum just smelled like an old bar after closing time on me. In this one the rum mixes delightfully with a little spice and the leather is starting to come through, which never happened with Idole. The tough part is that this one is discontinued so I'm going to have to find a way to get more.

Have a great day everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Eau des Merveilles today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Goodmorning people.

Today I woke up by the question &#180;are you coming to work or not&#180;asked by my lovely bf at 10. I had a nyquil the night before to assure I would fall asleep after nights of tossing and turning. And how I slept. I snoozed off again being woken up by an envlop falling on me, a big envlop containing lovely lovely vials of perfume.

I thanked Taolady mentally and admired her cunning in avaiding customs by marking it as a gift, a practise that some find diffecult to master. I browsed through the contents of the envlop struggling with the wrapping and more wrapping of the precious vials containing something more interesting than liquid gold, I gave up when I was able to see that teh final layer was some kind of tape and decided to tackle it again when I was more awake and out of bed. It did wake me up and I got dressed, after all the dressing and stuff I sat down and undid one vial of its teasing layers and sprayed it on before leaving the house.

I sprayed it once on my wrists and decided I would take the vial with me to work in case I needed more.

Turns out its Jasmin Imp&#233;ratrice Eug&#233;nie by Creed. Hot damn am I lucky I sprayed it once, this is powerful. On my way to walk I kept smelling jasmine and jasmine and flowers and either it was that strong or it was just &#180;stuck&#180;in my nose. at work I feel I&#180;m still in a jasmine cloud and for some reason I swear I smell musc as well and for a second I also thought it smelled of baby oil. Yes people, I smell baby oil and jasmine and some muscy spicey ness.

It is a lovely and warm, old perfume, maybe not something I could wear everyday because I&#180;m not sure it suits my general personality but definitly something for the winter when things get dark around here and more retrospective and we all sit down and think about things a lot more.

For me this would be something to wear when I finally get around to writing my philosophy thesis, or when I&#180;m tired of my ambitious self and what to wear something that will calm me down, something that is more private and soothing like, telling me to slow down and see how something turns out instead of stressing it and worrying and trying to manipulte the situation( bvlgari black) or running away from it like you can do with some gourmands ( I smell cookies, life is fine hoenstly. I&#180;m not stressed hmmm cookie cookie cookie).

In short

woaw, wtf am I wearing today!? Snif snif..not too bad. Snif snif, I feel old. Snif snif, nah not old more like responsible and sensible while still being me..just better tempered. Snif on wrist, it does smell old...is that what they mean with classic? I should stop inhaling my wrist, its nicer from afar...yes this is workable, maybe not for every day but certainly for days you don&#180;t feel like dealing with people but with yourself.

Testing my Neil Morris samples, today.

Very good first impressions.

Gotham is my favourite, so far.

Same weather pattern here, not even funny -- hot and stuffy. Boooooooooring! Summers like this force me to think about one and the same fragrance for every day, but NO! I am still experimenting and sticking to "Different Day -- Different Scent" scheme, although nothing really works in this humid heat, nothing pleases me to no extent so that I am compelled to repeat. Woods are all right, citrus evaporates too quickly, incense sticks and stinks, florals are too screachy, chypres are too mossy, you know...

Ellen Tracy Tracy -- I first tried it for our diversity month and liked it somewhat, so it is my second wear today. Plum blossom and peony (Miss Tao, it smells like the real thing, I swear!) give way to powdery sweet heart with light woods. Definitely need to wear it more to understand it better.

Tinks, these are mighty fine pictures in your album, kisses to both Princess C. and Jasmine!

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Mauboussin eau de parfum for me today.

Enjoy the day, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Eau de Cologne Imp&#233;riale - Guerlain

Heading out to be worked over by my Physical Therapist but I smell lovely in L'Artisan
    Saffron Troublant.

Coty Wild Musk is comfy this morning in anticipation of another rain storm passing by. But I really crave some gardenia on top of it. I need to look for a gardenia musk scent.

Taolady - I've been a big fan of Sophia Grosjman's fragrances over the years. I didn't realize they were all created by the same person until later. Sun Moon Stars, though, is one I've never tried. I used to see it in the drug store now and then. I should head over to Walgreens and see if they have a tester.

Lian - I enjoyed reading your post. Sounds like you've been doing the "Basenotes Salute" this morning! Be careful!

Have a wonderful day everybody!

Happy birthday Lizzie_j and good day everyone!

Sharing Twolf's despair at the hot, sticky weather (BLECH! ) and debating running across town to smell SMM's neck, because I love Idole de Lubin (which stays sweet and boozy on me, with a spicy and wet leather drydown) and now want to see what Yojhi Homme does on his skin.

Speaking of Lubin, I am testing Lubin L'Eau Neuve from a sample today, and it's hitting all the right spots for me in this steamy weather. It may have been released in 1968, but it doesn't feel dated or retro to me at all. Very nice! Oh dear. [[[Credit cards hide under the fridge, whimpering and muttering "there IS no Beautyhabit discount for July! You're imagining things!"]]]

Notes: Lemon Orange, Lavandin, Bergamot, Thyme Camomile, Jasmine Flower, Rose Petals, Clary Sage, Coriander, Marjoram, Patchouli, White Musk, Eastern Red Cedar, Mysore Sandalwood, Oakmoss Resin
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

White Linen - a masterpiece signed Sophia Grosjman.

(Tao - I also like her Sun Moon Stars!)

Happy birthday lizzie_i !

Lordy, Chaya2, I hears you, poopsie !
    I am SO in the doghouse- the new PG's are whistling , "Chayale...woo-hoo- come and GET it !"-
    And I turn 'ze deaf oreille' [sic].
    Tant pis pour Maman, I always posit.

Happy birthday, Mz. Liz ! May it be a sweet one....

Lian, I like the sound of you...!

Alas, I've not yet been to Reykjavik [ I dearly WANT to !], but :
    I named my favorite 'stuffed' Icelandic sheep by that name-
    And my dear friend was born and grew up there-
    And, my DH used to stopover there, as a boy, en route to Kaunas, to visit his grandmother.

Welcome !

Poor tdi. Feel better, honey.
    Terrykins- you got BALLS, babe- I love that one, but it's SO NASTY out there...

SMM- I'll join my lovesister CD in neck-sniffing you today, boyo [ EVEN THOUGH you are WAY too young for my tastes- I'm a nonagenarian molester, teehee !]...MWAH!

Hope Kewart feels better, poor thing.
    And all who ache.

My jollitry masks an MF of a migraine- which I dutifully [ or foolishly- take your pick] ignored all day yesterday, thinking it was running around in the swelter, dumbass that I am.
    [That was my MIA yesterda]

Lovely CD sent me a marvellous surprise yesterday !
    NOBODY can send surprises like that gal.

Liz Zorn also surprised me with a package, too.
    Thank the Lord for you folks.
    The cosmos seems to know when we need it.

Today, the Madwoman will wear a VERRRRY dirty jasmine / civet thingie Liz wears.
    I want to SWIM in it.
    Dear lord- takes my very breath away.

Love to all !

Best wishes lizzie_j !!
    I have Jlo Live on today.

65 degrees and fluorescent in my little corner of cubicle world. Like it is every day.

Weather? What weather?

Trying Balenciaga Le Dix today.

Anyone who is a Bois de Iles junkie needs to try this one. It's not as subtle as the Bois de Iles, stronger sillage, heavier on the aldehydes, but it is still a beautiful scent.

Lian - I feel your pain regarding the evil postmonsters. You can't get your scents. I can't send them (easily).

You are a lucky lady to be adopted by Ms. Taolady (whom I fondly regard as my fairy scentmother). She's got great taste, no?

Happy Bday Ms. Lizzie!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Happy Birthday Lizzie_j

sotd is Amber Russe

Lilybelle ~ Ava Luxe has a "Gardenia Musk" that would be perfect for you! (I only had a small decant, and it's gone....sorry!...otherwise I'd get some to you!) I think Ineespenes(?) has worn it before as well.

lizzie_j ~ Happiest Birthday wishes to you!

Lian ~ Love your writing! Vivid imagery! Isn't Taolady the queen of generosity?!

Sending happy/healthy vibes to all on this beautiful July Wednesday...

Wearing Luten's A La Nuit, my jasmine favorite!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 9th July 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Sampling LN Musc de Java, preparing to write a review.

Happy Birthday, to Lizzie!

What a great way to wake up: boyfriend delivering sniff package from TaoLady. Count your blessings, Lian!

Stroking the temples of those in need: Chaya (no more migraines!), kewart (rounding the bend, I hope), tdi (get loose!).

Good wishes to all who enter here.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Ms. Taolady is wonderful and I love her taste and it&#180;s so nice to be surprised in perfumes, just grab a vial spray it on( or dab) and later discover what it is you actually smelling.

I think I might test more like this because sometimes I&#180;m worried you hear so much about a perfume you desperately try to recognize what is and remember what you read about it.

I knew it was a Creed and I vaguely remember what she mentioned she had, but I didn&#180;t see the details on the bottle. So on the way to work and at work I could really get to know the scent itself and not what other people had said about it, it allows you to form your own opinion better maybe?

I&#180;m now well into the drydown and I love it, I still smell the jasmine faintly and I think the sandalwood is slipping through more heavily now.

Taolady, you are a real perfumista guerdian to novice students.

Lilybelle: I second ubuandibeme's suggestion of Ava Luxe's Gardenia Musk. Have it, love it, and even considered it for today, but

I am wearing Love's True Bluish Light. Seemed perfect for a day of hard work followed by oral surgery!

Happy Birthday, Lizzie_j!

Hubby and I have decided to go to the beach today. So, I'll spritz something light on my way out, maybe Viva Escada (it always smells like summer to me, peaches and mangos) or, perhaps, some Green Tea.

Later today, afer the beach, I am inspired by Taolady and shall wear Sun, Moon, STars which I won in one of the Guess the Bottle contest and love!

Thank you Ubuandibme and Therese for the Ava Luxe rec. I'll definitely look into that one.

Steam Aoud

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Happy Birthday Lizzie! Enjoy your day.

To all those feeling under the weather, get well soon....

Woke up to our first cloudy/rainy day in over a week. Actually quite a welcome respite from the muggy heat of late.
    ORGANZA seems to fit the bill this morning.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    ..... debating running across town to smell SMM's neck, because I love Idole de Lubin (which stays sweet and boozy on me, with a spicy and wet leather drydown) and now want to see what Yojhi Homme does on his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    SMM- I'll join my lovesister CD in neck-sniffing you today, boyo [ EVEN THOUGH you are WAY too young for my tastes- I'm a nonagenarian molester, teehee !]...MWAH!

Any day I can be the thorn between the two Chayas would be an awesome day.
    Just the thought will keep me smiling all day.
    Stay cool and rest when you need to rest Chaya 1 we miss you when you're MIA.
    Oh yeah, does this dirty/animalic Liz Zorn scent you're wearing have a name? Otherwise I'm going to log it in my spreadsheet as Chaya's verrry dirty Liz Zorn.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

such entertaining reading along with sotd's, thanks for sharing

in my sticky hot humid city my beloved Ivoire is the only scent that will do, odd but perfectly wearable when everything else is melting....

hagd all

I am wearing a lavender colored shirt, so felt inspired to wear as SotD:

Acqua di Parma Iris Noble

Light purple in a bottle

Happy, happy birthday, lizzie_j!!!

Happy birthday, Lizzie, from a walking canteloupe wearing Un Jardin apres la monsoon. I like it, though.

Debut, again, for me today.

Therese! I think it was YOU I was remembering wearing the AL Gardenia Musk!!! Sorry, I didn't get it right the first time ~ I'm blaming it on 'mental-pause'!!!

Happy Birthday lizzie!

Hot and humid over here too. Basking in Parfum de Therese which is perfect for this weather.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Thank you T! The ladies send kisses right back

Happy Birthday lizzie_j!!

I have FINALLY found a rose scent to love! YIPPEEE!! Today's scent is Keiko Mecheri's GOURMANDISES

Happy fragrant Birthday, lizzie!

I couldn't take a third day in an oudh scent, so today it's Etat Libre d'Orange

Divin'Enfant

But tonight I'm going to change into the gorgeous, larger-than-life Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, courtesy of my fellow leather-lover, dimples - thank you!

Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 9th July 2008 at 06:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Basenotes Institution

Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange - on my last day here in the US before my European vacation, I thought I'd go out with a bang!

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wore Neil Morris Zephyr earlier today. It is a lovely citrus, like mandarins and cream to me, but on my dry skin it faded away, shame. Testing Gotham made me want to dig out my Baghari sample so that I can wear one on each arm and compare when I go for my run this evening. It is a strange ritual but it keeps me amused!

I'm feeling much better today Chaya and Quarry (thanks for your concern!)
    and wearing my beloved Cristobal straight from the fridge.

I'm feeling exotic and mysterious in Amouage Jubilation XXV for men. Talk about staying power!

Happy birthday, lizzie_j!

Hope everyone is feeling better, and thanks to Taolady for yesterday's welcome to the cradle! (BTW, tinker, I love your avatar, needless to say.)

Today is Eau d'Hadrien. Boy am I on a great trial streak here!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    I have FINALLY found a rose scent to love! YIPPEEE!! Today's scent is Keiko Mecheri's GOURMANDISES

I love Gourmandises! Sadly it doesn´t seem to be very appreciated around here.
    Well - more for us! :bounce:

I don´t think of it as a rose scent (but it is, of course), but a light, powdery scent with great balanced sweet notes, jam, vanilla, saffron...a skin scent on me.

Gourmandises it will be for SotE/N!

PHILOSYKOS

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Montale Patchouli Leaves, as I try to make a similar perfume on the Note Identification Project.

As my sote I'm in L'heure bleue edp. And lots of birthday wishes to Lizzie

Alfred Sung ~ Shi

SotE is Tauer Perfumery's Le Maroc pour Elle, which is really growing on me. It's exotic yet dry. Like that about it.

SOTE:

BLU
    MEDITERRANEO

MIRTO
    DI PANAREA

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    ...You are a lucky lady to be adopted by Ms. Taolady (whom I fondly regard as my fairy scentmother). ....
    Just following the great example set by Twolf...who took me under her wing when I arrived here - taught me how to decant, sent (sends) a stunning array of scents for me to try and learn from. Ditto Tinks - and ComDiva and PurpleBird and...and...and...all I can do is pass it on.

I LUV my BN Family!!

And following Lian's example I'm spending the evening in something I have no idea what it is (or who sent it to me!) but it's a lovely light grapefruit/lemonade and muguet in a mauve metallic lipstick-case and it's yumsters!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme as SotE. Flint and Steel in a smooth buckskin jacket..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Oops Happy (belated) Birthday Lizzie J!!

Tinker424 and Musse, you have me sorely tempted with your descriptions of GOURMANDISES. It's going on my "order these samples" list. Thanks!

Happy birthday, Lizzie J! I hope there is not much smoke at your house. My part of Northern CA is nasty-hot and blanketed with wild fire smoke. Scary!

Today I'm sampling Stéphanie de Saint-Aignan's AMANDE HONORABLE for the second time. It is a calming and coolish scent - just perfect for this day.

SotD: Guerlain AA - Anisia Bella on this very H, H & H day. It's absolutely de-humidifying!
    SotE: Bulgari Omnia (mmmmm)

Chanel Allure was SOTD. Again. I get into dangerous ruts with that stuff. SOTE is going to be nada as I am on the headachy side. Aveeno relaxing lotion if anything. Got a bunch of samples in the mail and its so hot and yicky I can't even try them. Resolution for tomorrow-wear something BESIDES Chanel.

Armani Diamonds
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Happy belated Birthday to Lizzie!

Tinker, once again I am jealous....I love KM Gourmandises, it's been on my wish list a very long time.

SotE was Chanel 31 Rue Cambon and I truly am in LOVE with this one. Why do the bottles have to be so freakin big though?

Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent.