Code of Conduct

Default Something in the vein of MY MANIFESTO?

Can you please name some alternatives to wonderful MANIFESTO by Isabella Rosellini !??

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Something in the vein of MY MANIFESTO?

Is there any difference between MANIFESTO and MY MANIFESTO (except the juice color that is greener at My Manifesto)?

Here is what you have always wanted to know about it but were afraid to ask...

My Manifesto is the same fragrance but in the EdP concentration as opposed to Manifesto that comes as EdT.

Isabella Rossellini and I were born on the same day, she is a few years older than I am but I always wanted to think of her as family. :wave: Behind the beautiful facade, this girl has brains and it is a huge plus in my book. "Imperfection charms me, familiar things move me... " she said when Manifesto was first introduced to public at the Lancaster presentation in the Netherlands. What is it that makes Manifesto unique? It's imperfection personified! It is not a cologne (citrus is not very pronounced in it and I have hard time to name it -- mandarin? grapefruit? bergamot?), it is not strictly floral (despite its floral heart) either. Herbal, green, grassy? It is. Fresh, marine? Somewhat. Official notes are:
    Top: basil, black currant leaves, white pepper, mandarin;
    Heart: Rose, peony, sweetpea, jasmine, lily of the valley;
    Base: chestnut, sandalwood, white musk.

What is similar? Many many fragrances, light, crisp, modern, often characterized as green. It is not the greenness found in Balmain Vent Vert though, when the latter can become heavy and somewhat oppressive. Here is my 12 suggestions for you to explore:
    CK Truth -- grassier and muskier;
    Hermes Un Jardin sur la Nil -- citrucier, tangier, less musky;
    Kenzo Parfum d'Ete -- more floral, less musky;
    Lanvin Oxygene -- more powdery, heavier;
    Shiseido Energizing -- more green tea with jasmine;
    Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau -- more roses;
    Estee Lauder Pleasures -- cooler, sweeter, different flowers;
    Sonia Rykiel L'Eau de Sonia Rykiel -- marine saltyness, powdery iris, more of a match with Oxygene;
    La Perla Bleu -- creamier, but more aquatic;
    YSL In Love Again -- applied lightly (same as Fragonard Eau Fantasque -- which has more bubble gum to it);
    Jacomo Silences -- different fragrance altogether, same style and mood.

While Manifesto does not make it in my current Top 10, it is a reference scent for sure, which means that I compare other fragrances to it finding similarities and differences to it. In more general terms, please try to identify what is it that you like about Manifesto -- sparkling top? (Moschino Friends) vulnerable heart? (L'Eau d'Italy Paestum Rose) slightly woody-musky base? (Scents of Time Pyxis) -- and move in this direction.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Isabella Rossellini and I were born on the same day, she is a few years older than I am but I always wanted to think of her as family. :wave:
    Oh yep, another one of da family
    Your description of manifestop is really intriguing hun! It seems I have to test it soon

I'm stuck in time with Manifesto; I have not found another perfume that I enjoy as much as this one. Is Manifesto not being produced anymore? Are the bottles for sale online ancient? I am not sure if the perfume is only hard to find in USA, but still sold in Europe...
    Any update about Manifesto or a new Rosellini fragance would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by glovesg View Post
    Can you please name some alternatives to wonderful MANIFESTO by Isabella Rosellini !??

Thanks in advance!

Manifesto is still sold in Europe in pharmacy franchises, such as BIPA in Vienna, and discount variety stores like Bilka and Føtex in Denmark.

Great info, Twolf!

I'd also recommend Armani Acqua di Gio, Chanel Chance Eau Fraîche, and Cartier Panthère Eau Légère. Those are just off the top of my head, but they strike me as similar in feel. I never see the last one mentioned anywhere, but it is a lovely fresh citrus floral fragrance.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'm new to this site and to exploring perfumes, so this is very helpful!

Thanks, there is still hope...

Really- you should try ebay .I read this thread yesterday and bid on some Manifesto .Won and paid for today under four dollars plus about seven dollars for shipping! Try it !(Warning ! it can get addicting!)