Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 10 July

It's a cool, potentially rainy day and I'm going to see Blondie tonight, so picked Tabac Blond

Have a great day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 10 July

Mille & Une Roses Eau de Parfum by Lancome

Mac MV3. Somehow it reminded me of Feminite du Bois and Dolce Vita.

Enjoy your concert Tigs! I'm wearing Roma and still waiting
    for summer to begin!

Tigs, I wasn't even aware SHE was still around...enjoy!

Kewart, hope you are you feeling better.

Ok, I wanted to wear Good Life Woman today but didn't find it ... strange, since my perfumes are stored in one cupboard and one drawer and nowhere else.
    Anyway I was all set to something fruitfloriental, therefore I picked up Paco Rabanne

Black XS for Her

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Agent Provocateur Strip for me today.
    Enjoy Blondie, tigrushka ! I'm jealous

Feeling a bit better today, kewart? At least you smell lovely, I recently discovered Roma again and I still like it after all these years.

A bit like Blondie, still going strong Enjoy Tigs!

Serge was sulking in the drawer so I am very edible in Rahät Loukoum

::ah, good...almost lunch time::
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Good morning everybody Today I've only got 2 more shifts to go before I finally get a well deserved holiday Feeling really sleepy and with lack of energy due to the awfully grey weather.Hoping Kewart feels better and Tigrushka enjoy the concert! Concerts is probably my number one favourite activity in my sparetime Sotd is Egoiste. Have a great day all of you.

I still don´t know, I know it´s a Creed and TaoLady send it to me in the huge sample collection. Like yesterday I woke up and when I was dressed and capable of unwrapping it I sprayed it once on my wrist and placed it in my bag to take to work in case further spraying is required.

First impressions, much lighter than the jasmine from yesterday, I may in fact have to spray again. It´s a lot more wearable as well, lighter and fresher. It smells a bit like soap with citrus added in it that becomes clear in the end. I don´t detect any flowers in this but it´s green and clean.

On the way to work while sniffing my wrist I went between thinking it was female, unisex, female and unisex. I think this could be worn pretty well by a guy. When I got into work I let my bf sniff it since he is actually interested in my little blind snffing test and he was really interested when I told him yesterday that the Jasmine was created in 1870 and still produced today, a glimpse back in time. Pretty cool.

His reaction was: ''wow''..come back again for snif, ''that´s rather nice actually''

For me it´s a citrus scent with something green added to it, It´s clean light and wearable but part of me also feels that you can get something like this for a lot less money. To people who are very much into these kind of fragrances it´s probably worth it because they can detect subtle differences that might make this a lot better. For me I could get the same pleasure elsewhere I think.

I prefer the complete strangeness of the Jasmine yesterday that really grows on you and changes your mood a little bit, something completly different, an education, something that sparks an opinion, that wants to be noticed and then blends in smooth.

I do think that whatever I´m wearing is sharper than other citrussy green scents, it tickles your brain...maybe I need to stop inhaling my wrist though.

Either way, I´m going for another spray and see how it goes an hour or two from now, and then I´ll read the label too. I´m kinda curious now.

Tuberose - Jo Malone

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Ave Luxe Love's True Bluish Light today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

:dancing up and down: ... I know what Lian is w-e-a-ring! I know what Lian is w-e-a-ring! (Reminds me of those great Three Blind Guess contests Wolfie sponsored last year!)

Speaking of Wolfie - thanks to her bottomless generosity am in a sample of limited edition Guerlain Philtre d'Amour this ayem.

This is another of those frags that develop upside down on me. It opened with a peculiar combo of lightweight patchouli and something acrid-herby went through some equally lightweight old-timey flowers and ended up in a burst of lightweight citrus.Now the whole has settled into a sort of combo of all this with the emphasis on the soft flowers and a tiny spicy zing.

This love potion is quite Guerlain-y (where would I be without "y" and "ish"??) and absolutely spot-on for tai chi on a grey day!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 10th July 2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: sloppy sloppy sloppy
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

As I am now in the part of the year where I no longer have to work on Friday again until September, Thursday is now the new Friday. To celebrate, and as House Brother with Taolady, I am wearing for the first time:

Guerlain Habit Rouge

Wow what a blast this one is full of my favorite notes. I feel like singing like Julie Andrews in "The Sound of Music"
    Rosewood and citrus and lovely vanilla; roses and spices and a hint of leather; these are a few of my favorite notes.

Hope everyone has a great day today.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 10th July 2008 at 03:47 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Encre Noire - Lalique

DSH Wild Honeysuckle today.
    I sometimes forget how much I enjoy her essense oils.

SMM - soooo jealous scent sib. Sadly, my Thursday is still Thursday.

Tigs - have a great time at your concert.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme as SotD
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Schiaparelli Zut for me today. Happy Thursday!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

YSL M7 again.

Blog Entries

THIS IS THE 100,000th POST!

Ok, its no longer light and green, I say it´s now warming up and it´s still fresh and a bit citrussy but it´s no longer in your face citrus and there is something in there, woody maybe? spices?

So I finally looked at the bottle and it´s Fleurs de Bulgarie. I had not expected that at all, I thought it was way too fresh to be a flowery fragrance. Is that the difference between the typical moden day mainstream flower scents that give me a headache and make me sneeze all day and something that has more quality to it? One gives me a headache and the other just puzzles me, being rather light and fresh, and then adds a little warmth and spice to it.

Anais Anais.

Quite 'revolting weather' outside today, once again . In an effort to warm things up a little, I've made a selection of several scents:

A base of Etro Ambra
    'overblown' by Goutal's fierce Ambre Fetiche, then cooled by Musc Nomade

Makes the rain slightly more bearable
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

still playing with amber samples. Today I am wearing Blue Amber.

Tigrushka - Blondie! Have a great time! Now I have that song in my head...One way...or another...I'm gonna find ya...I'm gonna get ya get ya get ya! I can hear the guitar riff. I always thought Deborah Harry was gorgeous.

SMM - Lucky devil - TGITh to you! When I was many years younger Thursday was my Friday too, even though I still had to go to work on Friday. I can't believe I had the energy for that.

I'm sampling Serge Lutens Sarrasins this morning. It's pretty intensely sweet and jasminey right off the bat (nothing wrong with that), and now it's turning a bit more honeyed and golden. I'm quite enjoying it so far.

I hope everybody has a brilliant Thursday.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 10th July 2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo

Brotha, mijn geliefde, you're a MADMAN !
    But damn, you smell good.
    Gek jonge...dikke kus terug !

Tig- you smell glorious- enjoy your concert !

You guys smell awesome.

Mejuffrouw Lian-
    If you lust after anything- let us know !

We only LIVE to enable others, lol.
    Let's face it- sometimes, 'c'est la vie dure, sans confiture'...
    And scented mail is the ONLY respite, lol.

Still migrainey- but TOO f'in' bad.
    Meetin' up with Ruby, for sushi / sniff.
    It's ABOUT time...
    SMM, YOU'RE NEXT, poor man.
    [PM me w/ your phone, I'll do the same, and we'll set it up .What about tomorrow ?]

SOTD- I'm wearing Viole d'Ida- I'll bring some for Rubes.

Love you...

Wearing a sample from dear TDem1961 :wave: today... Richard James EDT. I'm getting lovely citrus and dark green stuff rolling around in a tobacco field in a leather jacket. Fun! Not something I need a FB of, but nice once in awhile.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basking in notes of wood ~ Feminite du Bois!

Am still evergrateful to Tinks & Tao!!!

Very summery here today. Perfect for the figgy Guerlain's Purple Fantasy. Is it my imagination, do I smell a hint of mint?
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Hove Rue Royale, simply beautiful vetiver in the company of rose(?), camellia(?), musk(?).

I didn't recognize it until I read Lilybelle's comment about hearing lyrics in her head, but having seen Blondie's name repeatedly here, the D.J. in the back of my brain has been spinning "Once I had a love, and it was a gas ..." Rock on, Tigs.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Patou For Ever EDP Sweet rasberry goodness!

Estee Lauder's Sensuous. I love this.

I wanted something soft and mellow today, so I am wearing:

Kenzo Amour

Have a great day, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Tigrushka - Blondie! Have a great time! Now I have that song in my head...One way...or another...I'm gonna find ya...I'm gonna get ya get ya get ya! I can hear the guitar riff. I always thought Deborah Harry was gorgeous.

SMM - Lucky devil - TGITh to you! When I was many years younger Thursday was my Friday too, even though I still had to go to work on Friday. I can't believe I had the energy for that.

The funny thing is the days when Thursday was Friday, even though I had to go to work the next day, were the same days that Blondie was popular. After reading this thread this morning my walk to work was all-Blondie, all-the-time, here on WSMM, radio station of a warped mind. The song that's still rattling around in my mind is "Hangin' on the Telephone"

I also just went and scored my full bottle of Neil Morris' Gotham using the discount at the top of the page, woo hoo this is a good day.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Bigarade Concentree - it's still too hot for anything else

tigrusha, you lucky devil!

lilybelle, I was thinking about your jasmine thread this morning and was wishing I had a sample of Sarrasins... I'm intrigued.

Today, I'm sampling Velvet Gardenia. I dismissed it as 'meh, gardenia, dime a dozen' when I was first going through the Tom Fords. I decided to give it a shot and am really glad; it is sooo lovely. I'm not great at detecting many notes, but this really is a true gardenia - fresh and luscious, yet ever so slightly dark. Hm, maybe dark is the wrong word. Ever so slightly dank? In a very good way.

24 Faubourg extrait for me.

L'instant Guerlain EDP. It's comforting in today's oddly stark weather.

Diesel Green Masculine.
    Gary

Grrrrr. Had a double tire blow-out late last night on a major freeway on the way home from LA (along with a dozen other cars that apparently ran over the same thing). Luckily, we're fine, but we had to stay in a rat-trap overnight and pay $$$ today to get my poor car fixed.

But then, I remembered that while I don't have a toothbrush or fresh clothes, I do have a tester of
    Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint
    . It lifted my spirits and made me feel refreshed (the heck with the other stuff).

Amid thunderous murmutings and leaden skies am preparing self to attend a fency schmency "soft opening" of the latest overpriced restaurant here at the beach. Le Grande.....(Le Grande - what??!! Down here everything is Grande something or other...talk about giving yourself airs.)

To demonstrate my indifference I am finishing off my sample of...

...Cobice....("covet" indeed!!) Some pretty, light flowers, some patch and a hint of Mommy's change purse.. I'll show them.
    "Grande". Sheesh.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Must de Cartier EdT
    A gift from a generous person.

Gucci Rush today. Neil Morris samples tonight. If anyone in UK/Europe would like to try samples of Fetish and Afire PM me and I'll send them on. I have sprayed Fetish only twice and Afire is half full.

Found Jovan WOMAN at Rite Aid for $10....I'm all green goodness tonight

Champs Elysee did the trick for me today. Sniffing my wrist, still smelling some hibiscus with something round and creamy thrown in.

I'm so happy today because I wore one of my favorite "winter" frags today. It smells wonderful today!! I might have to rethink this whole summer vs winter frag thing. It smells even better because VS had the lotion out for sale during the semi-annual sale....woo hoo!!!

Oh yeah!!

So In Love.....Victoria's Secret
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Comme des Garçons
    SERIES 1: LEAVES
    CALAMUS

Chaya, "life is cruel without some sweets" you say, eh?

Dimples, I think there is mint in Purple Fantasy -- something refreshing and tingling, right? Very sweet mint though, not peppermint.

Suppose everyone saw the banner about NM discount.

M7 is still going strong, I am probably going to scr** up SMM"s Weekly Statistics with this one, sorry!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Masakï Matsushïma M; Men as SotE
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I was in the mood for Estee Lauder's Sensuous today. This extremely balanced scent wears so well throughout the day - a constant, yet soft woodsy-musky, scent, that definitely has a well-adjusted, confident (even ever-so-slightly cocky), satiated, in-the-moment character. I know this sounds odd, but I feel that the scent itself is smiling in the bottle, equally happy to reside within it, and, to come out and sing it's carefree, joyfull song. BTW - this is the first time a scent has been personified to me. Perhaps I'm losing my mind...but I really feel a presence behind this scent.

Chasse aux Papp (regular version). I've only just come around to this one, although I adore the Extreme version. The linden of the original was difficult for me when I was in a firm spice mode and I rejected it out of hand. Several years later, I won a bottle of the Extreme after bidding whimsically and found myself wearing it more than any other. Now, I've got a box full of Rousses and Frapins and Ravageurs that are deadly in the heat and a small collection of tropicals and white florals that are decidedly more enjoyable.

Pomander, I love your mini-review of SENSUOUS. It sounds simply delightful!

Today I'm sampling LYS MÉDITERRANÉE by Frédéric Malle. It's a beautiful floral with a wonderful, balancing greenness. So glad to have experienced another work of art by this house.

this morning i had on Bois de Iles from a sample i scored at the chanel botique last night (the lady sprayed some into a little plasitc baggie for me since they can't give out the mini bottles). i like it, but i'm not sure if i'm ready to commit... i think a decant purchase is in order to really see if i want another 200 ml chanel bottle.

later this afternoon I wore Epecia from Creed. I went back to the mall in which the chanel boutique is in (had to pick up the jewelry i dropped off to be cleaned) and bought a bottle of it. yay! i heart its piney-ness. its lovely and cool. perfect for the summer in a strange way.
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Tonight I am wearing (from samples):

Serge Lutens Douce Amere on the right
    Miller Harris Fleurs du Sel on the left

The Miller Harris is VERY nice, although a bit masculine for my tastes. It starts out bitter and salty with some cedar or other wood. Later in the drydown, it turns into a balanced fougere--a bit dry from the cedar, and a little sweet from some other note I can't identify. Could be something like pimento berries, because it seems a bit peppery or spicy, and it also reminds me of MH Piment de Baies (which I think also has pimento in it).

The SL--welllll, I am still trying to figure out this one. Douce Amere smells almost exactly like Kenzo Amour to me, except a bit more woody, a bit less linear, and much shorter lived. And on Lucky Scent, they say that DA also smells like Keiko Mecheri Paname. Is Kenzo Amour the real value here?

Re: yesterday's Blondie concert
    Debbie might be in her sixties but she's simply divine: those cheekbones, that smile, that voice! She wore a red long-sleeved see-through top and a black and white striped vest. In the beginning also a red beret.

And Tabac Blond turned out be an excellent choice for the occasion.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Forgot to report! Wore my Armani Mania.

My SotE was Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. But I went to sleep in Montale's Jasmine Full.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    The funny thing is the days when Thursday was Friday, even though I had to go to work the next day, were the same days that Blondie was popular. After reading this thread this morning my walk to work was all-Blondie, all-the-time, here on WSMM, radio station of a warped mind. The song that's still rattling around in my mind is "Hangin' on the Telephone"
    Well, those days were a long time ago for me too. Funny, but "Hangin' on the Telephone" was in my head all afternoon yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    lilybelle, I was thinking about your jasmine thread this morning and was wishing I had a sample of Sarrasins... I'm intrigued.

Today, I'm sampling Velvet Gardenia. I dismissed it as 'meh, gardenia, dime a dozen' when I was first going through the Tom Fords. I decided to give it a shot and am really glad; it is sooo lovely. I'm not great at detecting many notes, but this really is a true gardenia - fresh and luscious, yet ever so slightly dark. Hm, maybe dark is the wrong word. Ever so slightly dank? In a very good way.
    I'm still getting to know Sarrasins (got my sample at The Perfumed Court). I don't know yet if it's Major Love, but it's very, very nice. I even like the purple color.

I really love Tom Ford's Velvet Gardenia. I think I could go for a full bottle. If I had any extra money to spend, which I do not this month.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    Re: yesterday's Blondie concert
    Debbie might be in her sixties but she's simply divine: those cheekbones, that smile, that voice! She wore a red long-sleeved see-through top and a black and white striped vest. In the beginning also a red beret.

And Tabac Blond turned out be an excellent choice for the occasion.
    Glad you had a good time. We were thinking of you. I had Blondie songs in my head all day.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 11th July 2008 at 04:26 PM.

Baby Doll Yves Saint Laurent on these colder summer days here.