Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge, Dior Homme, Armani White He

The economy is getting everyone down, and unfortunately students are the first to be hit. Therefore some budgeting is in order. I've been plainning to buy a number of fragrances for the fall/winter.

I was torn between Habit Rouge and Dior Homme. I've sampled both and I love both equally, however I'm tempted to go with Dior Homme (Habit Rouge has vanilla in it, and I'd like to take a break from that note)

Yesterday, however, whilst searching for White Musk scents, I came across Emporio Armani's "White He". It seems to have some wondefrul fresh opening notes and should then dry down to white musk.

I love musk - Lorenzo Villoresi's is the best musk I've sampled so far. Obviously, as all other niche scents, anything more than a decant is stretching it a bit.

My questions:

Is Emporio Armani White He worth buying?
    Out of Habit Rouge, Dior Homme and Armani White He, which one would you choose?
    Are their any other non-niche Musk scents?
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Default Re: Habit Rouge, Dior Homme, Armani White He

Hey mlt.! How are things on "the island?" Still too hot to handle?

I recently had a whiff of Emporio Armani's "White He" and, while I think it is very nice, I think you could do better. The Armani fragrance is very well suited for a young man your age. (Well, I don't KNOW that you're young, but you always refer to your studies. So, I'm assuming that your aren't a GERIATRIC student.)

But the trouble with it is, I don't think it will set you apart from other young men in your social circle. All of the Armanis are nice scents, but they're just so...expected. My advice? Go for the Habit Rouge. It will make you more unique among your crowd. (You were concerned about the vanilla but, f.y.i., the vanilla is very much tempered by the spices and leather on my skin.)

Sorry, but I know nothing about Dior Homme.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 11th July 2008 at 06:20 AM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Wow, a thread about my two number one scents. Thank you thank you!

I fell in love with Habit Rouge in that past winter. I won't tell you about the vanilla and leather, I want to tell you more about the confidence boost, and how different you're going to smell. The very first time I wore it, I felt different. It was like nothing else I have worn, and it was one of the most pleasant experiences. It gave me crazy attention that day, and I was amazed. Habit Rouge got me lots of compliments from everyone from all ages. My latest was a few days ago, I was going out and the night was not hot, so I took the chance and put some HR on. I applied it in my room and was heading out the door when I passed by the living room, where we had a few relatives visiting. I got at least 5 compliments at once when I came into the room, and my aunt came to hug me and wouldn't let go. Her exact words "You are NOT to be around girls smelling like this."

I always apply Habit Rouge when I'm looking to impress. You know the days when you just want to bring your best game? The days when you've given too much thought to your outfit and ready for a great night out? Those days, I don't need to think much about my fragrance.

Moving on, you know how much I love Dior Homme by now. My supply of it is quite limited and I've been living on samples, so I have not worn it more than 5 times or so. Habit Rouge is hard to wear given our weather, and so Dior Homme would be a more versatile choice. They are both essential fragrances in your wardrobe, they smell equally magnificent, but since you're on a budget, I'd recommend you get Dior Homme. You'll be able to wear it all year long. If I were you I'd get a full bottle of Dior Homme, and find me a 20-ml or so decant of Habit Rouge. You will not (be able to) wear Habit Rouge as often as you (are able to) wear Dior Homme, so this seems like a nice strategy. Habit Rouge has great(er) sillage and longevity too, so a 20-ml decant will last long.

I have not smelled Armani White He, but I am intrigued to sample it. I love Kiehl's Musk, give it a try if you can.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Mostapha; 11th July 2008 at 07:33 AM.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

I've never smelled Armani White He, but regardless, I'm going to strongly suggest the Habit Rouge. Dior Homme is nice, too, and if you're near a Sephora or dept store, see if you can get some samples to hold you over for a few weeks. DH is not as classic and elegant smelling as HR, IMO, but it does smell very good. You cannot go wrong with either of those two scents.

Just double check the formulation of the HR. I prefer the EDT, but I've read that most of the guys on this board think the EDT is too powdery and prefer the EDC, which I haven't sniffed yet.

Yesterday, a coworker entered my office and asked what the great smell was - it was HR EDT.

Maybe the bottle of HR I bought was off.. I absolutely HATED it and sold it soon after it arrived. I couldn't even bring myself to wear it once. I don't get it.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Maybe the bottle of HR I bought was off.. I absolutely HATED it and sold it soon after it arrived. I couldn't even bring myself to wear it once. I don't get it.
    Perhaps you just don't like it!

But maybe it was the difference of the EDT and EDC. I get the impression they're quite different and that people have strong preferences for one over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    Perhaps you just don't like it!

But maybe it was the difference of the EDT and EDC. I get the impression they're quite different and that people have strong preferences for one over the other.
    I like Habit Rouge, but I can easily see why some wouldn't. The powdery quality of the EDT was a little too much for me-- not something I'd like wearing. The EDC on the other hand is really good. Not quite as loud as the EDT. It's more subtle and fresh smelling. Not so dandy-fied. The oriental aspects of it are downplayed just a little.

I liked reading Mostapha's post about the compliments he got (though I'm curious as the whether he has the EDT or EDC).

Thanks. It's the EDT.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    Thanks. It's the EDT.
    Really? Interesting. Thanks for answering that. I only sampled the EDT on paper and it was some of the older stock (supposedly the better stuff), maybe I'll have to zip back to the shop one of these days and try it on skin.

Again, I really like reading stories where someone finds a scent that really works well with their personality and chemistry. Most of us have several scents in our rotation, but when you have that one that clicks and completes the entire package, other people will let you know. That's how I felt when I started getting unbelievably good reactions to Rive Gauche Pour Homme. I knew it was meant for me. We're all devoted to trying out as many different fragrances as we possibly can, and though we have many that we treasure and enjoy, sometimes in reality only a rare few really fit like a glove.
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 11th July 2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added something

i havent tested Armani, and have tested HR just once in a mall in Mauritius, it was nice, but didnt catch my attention then...maybe cozi was sampling too many scents...however, i feel, Dior Homme would be a good choice, especially for winters!!

one other scent which gets easily forgotten and is available at a pretty decent rate is, Burberry Brit. excellent longevity and monster sillage which omphs class..

I'd go with Dior Homme. Habit Rouge just didn't work for me and I don't have any experience with the Armani. As far as musk, you might want to try ck be. It's a really nice peach and white musk fragrance.

1. HR - timeless classic, yes it's vanillary and powdery but it's so unique
    2. DH - will be a classic one day, incredible but a little girly (that said I still wear it)
    3. if you want white musk, go for Armani Mania or even better Bvlgari Pour Homme.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Thanks for your comments and for your help
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Well, I would like to say something about “the most unknown” among these three, Emporio White He. One can find a lot of white musk in its drydown, that is for sure. Before white musk show up, one can enjoy in some herbal notes. It is not very spectacular scent, but it is not bad, either. It shares some similarities with Allure Edition Blanche. If you like white musk, I see Bvlgari pour Homme, Touch for Men and CK Be as a better choice than Emporio White He.
    I’ve answered on your first and third question so far, my answer on your second question would be – Dior Homme.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke